A Second Chance (Harry Potter)

By rivenX-

π‘‡β„Žπ‘’ π‘…π‘œπ‘™π‘’ π‘œπ‘“ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ 𝑄𝑒𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑠 π‘‘π‘œ π‘π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘‘π‘’π‘π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ 𝐾𝑖𝑛𝑔... Valerie Riddle. One Daughter... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 29

730 27 23
By rivenX-

Things between Gryffindor and Slytherin had never been tenser before. A week before the first quidditch math of the season, arguments were a common sight between the lion and the serpent.

Valerie, however, took no part in any of these arguments. She'd occupied herself with trying to figure out exactly what Dumbledore's Army was, and who was a part of it.

So far, she only knew Hermione was a member, and that automatically signed up Harry, Ron and the other three Weasleys. She knew for a fact that there were definitely more people involved; it seemed pointless for Hermione to go through the entire process of making a communication device if all the members were in Gryffindor...

She'd also had another meeting with her father the previous night; he was trying to convince her to kill Dumbledore, but a task like that would only cause more suspicion on her side, and needed the proper amount of plotting.

She also reminded him that he was supposed to be lying low if he wanted the prophecy; one wrong move and they could lose it. Not to mention the fact that her throne would then be put in danger...

In the end, he just told her to keep her eyes open for anything, but she knew the truth behind that command—

He just wanted to remind her he was in a higher position than hers.

Valerie was also spending a larger amount of time with Draco, who never seemed to leave her side. He was a little bit moody at times, but he was a worthy companion; at least he didn't annoy her entirely- he was tolerable.

She would also sit for long periods of solitude by the Black Lake, missing classes, but still coming out at the top of the class by the end of the day. After all, she knew magic far beyond the thoughts of many.

She would also avoid Harry at all cost, her brand hadn't stopped prickling since their last interaction, and she couldn't risk transforming again. She'd also noticed Harry spending a lot more time with Cho Chang, and found it hilarious how embarrassed he'd get while in her presence.

Oh, Potter's got a crush on Deadric's ex-girlfriend... This should be interesting..

Of course, it wasn't any of her business, but she did enjoy a good drama every now and then, and one starring The Boy Who Lived was a bonus.

Aside from that, Valerie found her hatred for Cornelius Fudge and his cult of Ministry Officials increasing. They somehow figured out Sirius Black was hiding in London, but his exact whereabouts were unknown. 

Valerie knew for a fact he was in his mother's old house, Number Twelve Grimmauld Place.

Additionally, The Daily Prophet had also featured a small article about Sturgis Podmore, who'd been sentenced to Azkaban for six months for trying to get through a locked door, which seemed to be a harsh punishment for a crime so small.

But Valerie knew the Ministry was in denial. Sturgis Podmore had been imperiused by Lucius Malfoy to steal the prophecy and had been caught in the act.

Of course, Valerie was disappointed her father was immensely impatient in acquiring the prophecy, but she had to admire his ambition. While most people would stop trying, he continuously found different ways to hoodwink the Ministry Officials into carrying out his bidding.

What with all of this drama going on, Valerie was stuck in between both the Ministry and The Dark Side, not excluding Hogwarts. She was at the center of everything, and anything she'd say, or do, would cause havoc for any one side.

Eventually, Valerie gave up trying to cope up with the three different sides, and just ignored everything that was going on. She just did her duty to her country as a queen, making sure her people were safe.

***

"Outrageous!" Valerie snarled, pacing across her room, throwing the latest copy of The Daily Prophet to the side.

"Your Majesty, if I may?" Frances interjected timidly, taking a tray of breakfast from the House Elf that appeared and put it on the table.

She sighed, turning to face him.

Frances picked up the Daily Prophet, frowning at the giant, moving picture of Professor Umbridge; she was pointing at the camera, a fake smile plastered on her toad-like face.

"It seems as if the Ministry is afraid of you," he remarked. "At first, Umbridge was just here to be the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, knowing that Dumbledore wouldn't find another teacher in time. Her purpose was to spy on Dumbledore and Hogwarts, and report back to Fudge."

"I know," Valerie snarled. "Bitch."

He raised a brow, looking at her. "Surely you can to better than that," he commented.

"I can," she smirked. "But we have an important discussion..."

"Yes, as I was saying," Frances raised a finger. "The Ministry was afraid the day you showed up to attend Hogwarts, especially with a Royal army. This was your biggest trump card. And right after the coronation, which again, was a big event, you threatened Fudge, do you remember?"

"I remember," she spoke softly, seating herself down on the table, placing the napkin on her clothes. "Do have a seat," she gestured to the chair on her right. Snapping her fingers for a House Elf, she ordered him some breakfast.

"Ever since you threatened Fudge, you confirmed the truth that the Dark Lord is back. Thus, verifying the fact that Fudge's position is at risk. And so, he's trying to get to you by appointing Umbridge as The High Inquisitor of Hogwarts. Long story short, he's proving to you that he's not resigning; that he can keep his position as Minister of Magic."

Valerie sighed. "And he's getting the bonus of controlling Hogwarts."

"Exactly."

"And then there's that Potter, who's somehow teamed up with his friends to form a secret army against both, The Ministry, and The Death Eaters. Frankly speaking, I don't blame them; Umbridge is as useful as a broken record. They've named themselves Dumbledore's Army. I mean, couldn't they choose a better name?"

"I think you're drifting away from the topic, your Majesty."

"Point taken. Anyway, the fact that my father is urging me to somehow acquire the prophecy is another issue. I am risking my crown, and the safety of my people."

She twisted the rings around her finger, placing her fork down. "And Draco is stuck in the middle of all of this; he's expected to become a Death Eater next year. I mean, he's not even sixteen. Sometimes I think my father is a little extreme."

"He is just doing what he thinks is right."

"Frances, you and I both know that's not true. He's let the power get into his head. In my eyes, he is no different than Fudge."

Frances smiled, his dark eyes twinkling. "Well, excuse me for trying to make you feel better."

Valerie rolled her eyes.

"So, what are you going to do?" he asked, pointing to The Daily Prophet.

Valerie snatched it, throwing it into the roaring flames, her eyes glittering maliciously on seeing Umbridge's face blacken and turn to ash.

"Me?" Valerie raised a brow. "We," she corrected. "We, are going to act. They want drama, we give them drama. From now on, we fight against everyone."

"Everyone?" Frances echoed.

"Everyone," she affirmed. "And once they think they're winning, we prove them wrong with a single word. Checkmate."

"And how are we to do this?"

"We use their weaknesses, my dear Frances, haven't you learned how I work? As of now, you shall be my eyes and ears in the Kingdom, find out everything you possibly can; here, in Hogwarts, and outside, as well as the Ministry. You can disguise yourself. Bring me every little bit of information you possibly can."

"Consider it done, My Queen."

She sighed wistfully as she stared at the fire and took a sip of her raspberry juice, placing her hand on her forehead. "Frances, I think this is a shit load of politics for someone my age."

"Indeed it is," he said tiredly.

"Well then," she smirked, standing up and slipping on her gloves. "Let the games begin."

And so, they begun.

A/N: Sorry for the late update; hope this makes up for it. Please comment and vote, and tell me your thoughts of this chapter.

What do you think Valerie's plan is?

Who's side is she actually on?

What's going on in her mind? (Even I can't answer that)

Feel free to write any predictions :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 1.9K 70
---------------------------- When the Wizarding World falls. Who will Rise? 'You put your faith in the wrong person.Don't you see Potter? I was born...
25.8K 677 49
Harry Potter is the boy who lived- she's the girl that shouldn't ever had. She's Notte Merope Riddle and she was 5 when her daddy locked her away for...
814K 13.9K 32
When the war survivors from the school of Which Craft and Wizardry return to finish their remaining years, everyone seems to have different feelings...
1.6K 42 12
"You know Potter, there's a very fine line between perfection and illusion, people just can't notice it unless they look close enough." -Alexandra Ri...