Zarah - infinite dreams

By Favvy_Jay

She is a high school student fortunate to have been blessed with an extraordinary beauty and brains. As a sc... More

Zarah - infinite dreams
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Eight

174 93 85
By Favvy_Jay

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.

-Unknown.

*Unedited*

____________________________________________

  Adaora walked through the hallway briskly. She was confused, she had no reasonable excuse for what happened back there and neither did she know where she was going but she kept on walking anyway. Her feet led her to the school garden.

"Adah! Adah! Wait!" Zarah hurried after her, panting for breath. She was finding it difficult to keep up with Adaora which was quite understandable since Adaora had longer legs.

Adaora slowed down her pace running her hand through her braids in frustration. She looked for a nearby wooden flopped down unto it. With a sigh, she placed her head in her hands.

Zarah sat down beside her slowly and Adaora scooted over instinctively to make more room for her on the bench.

She stared down at her slender fingers hesitantly and snuck a glance at Adaora through her lashes. She was confused on what to say, she wanted to put her hand across Adaora's shoulder but she wasn't sure if she should.

She took in a deep breath and started tentatively "Uh... Adah...." She drawled out, unsure of what she was supposed to say.

"I dunno!" Adaora blurted out immediately.

"Huh...?" Zarah asked, slightly taken aback. She hadn't even said anything yet.

"I don't know okay? I know what you're about ask. You want to ask why I did what I did back there right?" She glanced at her and without waiting for her reply, she continued.

"Even I am confused, I don't know why I left. I just know I lost my appetite and I hated being the center of attraction, without waiting to think, I left. I still don't know why but I...."

Zarah gently placed her hand on Adaora's shoulder, instantly cutting off her ramblings.

"It's okay, you don't owe anybody any explanation, so you don't have to say anything, okay?" Zarah said softly, her voice was barely above a whisper.

"Okay" Adaora mumbled quietly.

Feeling accomplished at the calm that washed over Adaora's features, she retracted her hand from her shoulder and basked in the warmth of the morning sunshine with a wide grin plastered across her face.

They sat in a comfortable silence just swinging their legs back and forth with a contented smile playing across their lips, the gentle breeze caressing their faces.

"Em..." Reluctantly, Zarah brought her legs to a halt and stoop up. Adaora's eyes followed her curiously. "So... To the class or the cafeteria?"

Adaora stood up and wiped off imaginary dirt off her skirt with her hands. "To the class of course! There is no way I'm going back to that hellhole today" She declared earning a chortle from Zarah.

The bell rang almost immediately, signalling the end of the break.

"Torh! Break is already over sef! Class it is then!" Zarah said with a smile "So shall we?" She asked, amusement lacing her tone as she held out her arm to her.

Adaora laughed and looped her arm with Zarah's "Yes we shall!"

They both dissolved into laughter.

Zarah gathered all her books and shoved it into her back quickly as soon as it was closing time.

"How time flies! So now now it's already closing?" She wondered aloud, zipping up her school back.

"Yup it is is!" Adaora slung her bag over her shoulders carelessly "It's because we're closing one that's why, wait until school resumes properly next week, I swear school will tire you!"

"Let's wait till then"

They walked side by side outside the school building, their hands clutching loosely the strap of their bags thrown over one shoulder.

"So what do you think about the argument they were having in class earlier on? Who do you think is better? Tems or Arya star?" Adaora asked Zarah after some seconds, curiosity dancing in her brown eyes.

"That's if I even know who the Ariyah star or the Tems sef is in the first place" Zarah replied easily "Today is the first time I'm even hearing their names sef, even that... Em... Is it Bella shudder or smother? Yes Bella smother, today is the first time I'm hearing his name too"

Adaora let out an involuntary gasp, staring at Zarah as if she had grown two horns.

"What?" She asked, unperturbed.

"Just tell me you're joking... wait! How is that even possible sef? Where are you from? The bush?" She reeled out all at once, to say she was shocked was an understatement.

"No I'm from Ajaokuta" Came the easy and prompt reply.

"I did not ask you to tell me where you were from!" She scowled. "Like, who the hell doesn't know at least one of them? And mind you it's not Bella Shudder, it's Bella Shmurda"

Zarah shrugged nonchalantly "Doesn't make any difference to me"

"But you have sha heard cash app or vision 2020 before?"

"Nope"

"Crazy things? Essence? Damages? Em... Try me?"

"Nah!" Adaora's eyes widened the more in disbelief.

"Bloody Samaritan? Beggie beggie? Away?"

"Never heard any of those either"

"Just which musician do you know then?" Adaora asked exasperatedly.

"Em... Lemme think" She stroked her chin pretending to think "I think I know Davido, Wizkid, Joe boy, Fireboy and is it Burn boy?" She scrunched up her face, asking no one in particular. "Yes, sorry, Burna boy and of course Tiwa Savage, em... I think that's all!"

"Davido? Wizkid?" Adaora shrieked with mock horror "Where do you live in? The 19th century? Who even listens to them these days sef?"

"Eh ehn! I know Naira Marley" She offered.

Adaora hissed "Who that one epp? That idiotic, good for nothing goat" She stood on her tippy toes, apparently searching for something in the crowd of students that trooped out of the school. She smoked widely when she spotted her dad's car.

"My dad's here already, so you mean that your cute brother is not coming to pick you up today?" She pouted playfully.

"Which cute?" Zarah scoffed. "Abeg don't flatter the idiot. The Justin I know is far from cute. Yeah he's not picking me, why?"

Adaora chose to ignore her last question. "Where do you stay?"

"No too far from here actually, Two hundred housing units. Why do you ask?"

"I'm staying at five hundred housing units, come, my daddy would drop you off at your junction"

"Don't worry..." Zarah had started to protest when Adaora cut her off with a stern look.

"I'm not taking no for an answer this time! Let's go"

"Aww! and how's my favourite person in the world doing?" Zarah cooed as she lifted her baby sister, Tara off the ground. She pinched the bridge of her nose playfully and Tara giggled, showing of her cute dimples.

"Eh eh ehn!  So me me that have been waiting for you since, I'm now what?" Precious appeared at the door, arms akimbo and with a childish pout on her face.

Zarah laughed, she transferred her sister to her left hand and pinched Precious right cheek mock affectionately.

"You'll always be my cute little teddy bear!" She declared playfully.

Precious swatted her hand away with a scowl "Idiot!"

Zarah chuckled and swiped the curtain aside. Their door was always open because the only window their room had could not provide enough ventilation and if they should make the mistake of closing it, they would die of heat. So they resorted to drawing their curtain over it to prevent houseflies and other unpleasant insects from strolling in.

"Lemme go and drop my bag, I'm coming" With that she disappeared into the room missing Precious's nod of acknowledgement.

Few minutes later, she emerged still carrying Tara but she had changed into her white plain undershirt and blue floral patterned ankara shorts.

She pulled a small wooden stool towards Precious who had already made her comfortable in the only plastic chair they had.

She flopped down into the stool with a loud exhale.

"Joseppphhhh!" She shrieked and Tara gave a start, Zarah chuckled unconsciously patted her on the back to calm her down.

In a trice, Joseph had appeared in front of her panting heavily.

"Take Tara, you people should go and play" Joseph groaned but collected her anyway.

Zarah stroked her fondly on her back as Joseph turned around and padded tentatively over to where his playmates stood waiting for him.

"Don't fall her down oh!" She called warningly after him seeing as his tiny body had difficulty in conveying her to his destination.

He gave out muffled sound as response and Zarah nodded satisfactorily her eyes still following him.

At least it sound like an agreement.

Precious whistled "Sibling goals!" She meant it to sound wistful but it sounded nothing like it.

Zarah smacked her lightly.

"Ouch! Why did you hit me?"

She shrugged "Dunno! Just felt like hitting someone"

Precious eyed her "So much for having a loving bestie!"

She fluttered her lashes innocently "But you love me like that, don't you?"

"Too bad I do!" Precious shook her head regretfully and they bursted into laughter.

"Eh ehn! Before I forget!" Zarah pulled out a bag polythene bag from beside her that Zarah didn't notice earlier. "When I heard that braids were allowed in your school, I went to get this immediately. I'm so braiding your hair this week!" She gushed excitedly.

"Wow... You didn't have to....." She paused when a thought crossed her mind. "Did you go to school today?" She peered curiously in Precious direction.

A sheepish smile crept up her lips. "Uh... No I... Didn't. But don't worry, I'll go tomorrow"

Zarah opened her mouth to say say something but was distracted by the sight of her brother Justin staggering into the compound and massaging his temple with a huge from etched across his face.

Precious's head whipped to stare in his direction, both she and Zarah wore curious looks.

"What happened?" They asked simultaneously, concern crinkling Zarah's brows.

He opened his eyes lazily "Oh! Zarah you're back from..."

"That's not what I asked!" She snapped, glaring at him.

Justin lowered himself unto the woven mat that Tara was sprawled across earlier on, a grimace distorting his facial features.

"It was one crazy rich girl like that, please go and bring water for me to drink abeg. I dey H like mad, if you know the kain hunger wey worry me today ehn!"

(I am famished, hunger dealt with me today  😳 Something like that!"

In a nanosecond, she was back with a cup filled with water. She was curious to find out about the girl Justin was referring to.

Justin gulped the water down at a go. "Which girl?" Precious asked before Zarah could.

"Abeg, wait first jare, why una dey rush me like this now? At least allow the water to digest first now!"

(Calm down a little, why the rush?)

Zarah hissed "It's not only digest, you'll to also urinate it first sef!"

"See them!" Zarah teased, pointing at their eager faces "Una too like gist, it's gist that will kill you one day"

"Ehn!... Thank you, so...?" They prompted.

"I was at mummy shop selling for her..."

"Skip that one one abeg!" "Tell us what we don't know!" They said at once, cutting him short impatiently.

"See their mouths! I know it's that one you'll like. Tell us what we don't know already!" He mimicked in an absolutely ridiculous girly voice.

Zarah bit back a retort, glaring at her infuriating elder brother. She so badly wanted to beat him with a chair but she plastered a very fake smile on her face instead.

"And....?" Precious asked through clenched teeth, she too also had very ridiculous and unbelievably sweet smile plastered on her face.

"Let me just pity you, It's one girl like that! Her name's Sharon or what's that her name sef?"he asked no one in particular, furrowing his brow. "It was pure water she wanted to buy oh! I think her car broke down or something like that but she refused to leave even after her driver fixed it. She was so annoying ehn! She and her friend kept giggling and snapping pictures on her phone. She would buy and return to buy again, in fact her matter even come tire me sef . She was blinking rapidly like something got stuck in her eye and chatting in a high pitched voice with her friend, I felt like strangling her but I have to smile and attend to her because she kept leaving huge tips. She's just leaving and I left the shop for mummy,I cannot come and kill my self walahi!" He concluded.

(In fact, I even got tired of her)

"How far, Mumcy cook? Make we forget that one jare, the girl matter dey even vex me sef"

(Did mummy cook? Leave the story for another day, the thought of the girl alone, annoys me)

Zarah and Precious hissed "So it's this stupid story you have been doing shakara for since? I think I saw food in the kitchen, Lemme go and bring it for you"

______________________________________

A/N:

Heyyyyoooooo Cupcakesss!!! 😅

How're you doing????

Sorry I have not updated in a while, my data finished 😫

So another chapter guys, what do you think??

😞 Zarah is living in the nineteenth century isn't she?
So what musician and which song do you like listening to?

Abeg I don't think Naira Marley is a goat oh! 😓 My characters never cease to amaze me.

😂😂😂 Mine's pretty obvious, Bloody Samaritan is in the media above 👆

I basically love Arya Starr!! 😍Like gosh! I can't believe she's just nineteen.

😂😂😂 God! Lemme blow before I reach that age oh. I'm trusting God he can do it in the next three years.

Anyways I'm just kidding, fame is not my cup of tea. I prefer being anonymous 😎. Anonymous is coooollllll!!!

So, don't forget to 👊 that 🌟 in the face and hit me with your comments!

See you same time, same station, next week!

😂😂😂  Stay tuned!

Hugs and kisses 😘😘💖💖💖💖💖💖💗💗💗💗💗💝💝💝💟💟

Signing out

Love
😇
Favvy_Jay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 2K 37
❝ A liar once said that every cloud has a silver lining. ❞ In a kingdom as renowned as Forteaux Academy, the falling of one monarch leads to the asce...
16.9K 3.4K 64
You dont know me." Akeredolu Yewande Deraline is admitted into one of the elite schools in nigeria. Bring friends with a rumored depressed freak, a g...
208K 46.3K 60
Jadeshola Badmus is not your regular female lead. She's outspoken, Brilliant, Sassy, beautiful, intelligent, and is the president of the Literary and...