I'll Stay Babe (Zayn Malik)

By sheXfanciesXhim

It started with a Starbucks cup and an insane Greyhound to get them to meet. Sofia Thanos is a laid back girl... More

I'll Stay Babe
Chapter No. 1: Ares
Chapter No. 2: Friends Are The Nosiest People You Will Ever Meet
Chapter No. 3: Consequences and Thoughts
Chapter No. 4: Mission in Dutch Land
Chapter No. 5: He/She
Chapter No. 6: Red Bull and Monster
Chapter No. 7: Scavenger Hunt For The Lost Boy
Chapter No. 8: Odd Feelings and Random Scenerios
Chapter No. 9: Butterflies & a Psycho Girl
Chapter No. 10: Does a cold affect your sanity?
Chapter No. 11: The Date and The Babysitter
Chapter No. 12: Kelsey Needs Her Milk
Chapter No. 13: Birth and Treadmills
I'll Stay Babe: Contest No. 1
Chapter No. 14: Niall's Painting of Heidi Klum
I'll Stay Babe: Contest No. 1: RESULTS
Chapter No. 15: I hate ice cream cake.
Chapter No. 16: Snog, Marry, or Avoid
Chapter No. 17: Murder She Wrote starring Niall Horan
Chapter No. 18: Overall Douche Bag
Chapter No. 19: SABTLP Club
Chapter No. 20: "I call being James Bond!"
Chapter No. 21: A Day In The Life of Mona
Chapter No. 23: Pasta Ood Man

Chapter No. 22: Ape-Shiz

31.2K 1.1K 270
By sheXfanciesXhim

OMG guys hey! So it's been a while, soz, but no worries I'm back :)

This story is getting cray-cray. Like Mona and Dec and Meagan . . . cray-zy.

QUESTION: What do you think Sofia's dream was about? It will come up later in the story ;)

Also how was everyone's March and April?? 

So someone commented on how I switch perspective a lot and I just wanna say sorry haha. I love switching perspective and I probs won't stop just because it helps me keep all the characters in the story although for this chapter I tried to limit it to just two people. You're welcome :)

Dedication: PinkChiffon SHE'S WRITING A STORY ABOUT THE SENIOR BABY PROJECT and the prologue is really good and I think you guys should go check it out it's called, "Baby Troubles."

All righty Ima shut up now.

Have fun reading :)

UNICORNS <3

LOL

***

Sofia's POV

When we opened the door, Ashna stood there with her mouth open and a horrified expression on her face. We could see behind her that the closet door was open and the angry muffled protests of Meagan were echoing around the flat.

"W-w-what is going on, Mona?!" Ashna whimper-screamed, her voice going up an octave. Mona let out a nervous laugh but I could tell she wanted to run back to the bathroom and puke again (she puked when she was under stress.)

"I-I um well you see . . .," she trailed off when we heard another voice pipe into the conversation.

"Mona? What are  . . .?" It was Dec, of course. I turned around to see Dec standing by Niall who looked a little smug I might add. Dec looked pretty confused.

"Why don't we all go inside before we start making the neighbours suspicious," I suggested. No one verbally replied but we all filed into the flat, shutting the door. Meagan let out another frustrated squeal and Dec looked at the closet confused. The look of shock that filled his light features was almost humorous until he went over to the closet, saw Meagan tied up, and cast Mona a hard glare.

"Why is Meagan tied up in your closet?" Dec asked, anger seeping through his words. He bent down and picked Meagan up into a standing position. She looked murderous. Her hair was all messed up and her mouth and legs were tied up and she had hand-cuffs securing her wrists behind her back.

Mona stood there, everyone's gaze on her. Her eyes were wide like a deer in headlights and her eyes started to water.

"Well?" Dec asked. Meagan made a sound of protest so Dec ripped off the tape from her mouth.

"Declan! Thank God you're here! That girl attacked me! I came here looking for you and she went berserk, cornering me in the closet then tying me up!" Meagan wailed. I frowned. That's not what Mona told me.

"You what?!" Dec exclaimed, looking incredulously at Mona who was on the verge of crying.

"No! She attacked m-me! She came in here l-looking for you and she blamed me for breaking you t-two up! She thought we were having an affair and went ape-shiz on me! I have battle wounds!" Mona exploded! A few angry tears escaped her eyes which were glaring holes in Meagan's skull. 

"Ape-shiz?" I heard Liam mutter in the background.

"It's practical," Louis responded. 

"It's not proper English," Liam stated.

"You're not proper English," Louis retorted.

"You're not very mature," Liam shot back. I then heard smacking but out of the corner of my eye I saw Zayn give them a pointed look and they shut up.

"Guys, I feel like we're intruding. Why don't we go to the Starbucks and Sofia can let us know when this is all over?" Harry suggested. I nodded at him. Louis and Liam agreed but Niall was the first one to bolt out the door. Harry stepped out after them. Before Zayn walked out, I grabbed his arm and kissed him on the cheek. He gave me a smile before leaving. Then I turned back to the mess that was my social life.

Ashna was standing there confused and starstruck so I led her over to the couch to sit down and handed her her coffee. I sat down next to her and looked over at Dec and Meagan.

"You thought we were having an affair?" Dec asked Meagan, the anger slowly leaving his words. Meagan's face was red from anger as she struggled with her hand cuffs.

"Well yeah!" she said, turning on Dec. "Every time she was around all you wanted to do was talk to her! I always felt like I had to compete with her to get your attention!" 

Dec stayed silent, unreadable emotions on his face.

"So it's true, isn't it!" she exclaimed, her own eyes starting to water.

"What? No, no! I never cheated on you when we were together!" Dec said, quick to defend his reputation along with Mona's. Meagan looked confused and helpless.

"Then why did you break up with me?" she asked. Dec looked down at her, sadness filling his eyes.

"Because I don't love you the way I used to," he said. The room went quiet after that. Meagan's anger was gone in a flash and in its place was a look of betrayal and hurt. Mona stood there, watching the scene, her hands balled at her sides. I glanced at Ashna besides me who had started hyperventilating. I patted her shoulder for comfort.

"W-why?" Meagan asked, after a minute. Dec sighed, running his hand nervously through his tossled blond hair. He looked at Mona who was staring straight at him. An understanding passed over his eyes and he sighed again.

"Because I'm in love with Mona." 

***

Sofia's POV

I sat up abruptly, shaking and crying. My face was hot and wet as I shivered. I buried my face in my hands, sobbing. It took me a few minutes but finally I slowly got out of bed, wiping away my stray tears. 

I pulled on a sweatshirt and went out of my room and into the kitchen. I turned on the kettle and started rubbing my arms to calm myself down. I sat down at my kitchen table. I ruffled my curls, still shaken up.

The kettle whistled so I grabbed a mug and poured the water in. Then I grabbed a tea pot. I wasn't sure why but I never like to put milk in my tea. I always used honey instead. Grabbing some of my golden honey, I poured it on a spoon then mixed it into the hot water. 

I picked up the mug and headed back to my room. I set the tea on my side table and took a seat on my bed. My eyes wandered to the phone sitting next to my tea. I grabbed it and dialled the number.

After a few rings, he answered, "Hello?" His voice was groggy so I was guessing he just woke up. I quickly looked at my clock to see it was three in the morning. Well that makes more sense . . .

"Zayn?" I asked. 

"What's wrong?" he asked, sounding a bit more awake. I sat criss-cross in my bed, pulling my duvet over my legs.

"I-I had a nightmare," I admitted. It seemed like every time something bad happened to me, I went to Zayn for reassurance. I mean bad things have started happening since I met him but that's just a coincidence.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked. I loved the way his voice sounded so husky over the phone and hearing his accent made me feel all warm inside.

"Maybe another time. I just want to talk about something else right now," I said. I heard shuffling on the other line.

"Okay what do you want to talk about?" he asked. I bit my lip thinking.

"What's your favourite animal?" I asked. He chuckled, making me feel fuzzy. We went into this whole conversation about our favourite animals. He said he liked lions but I argued that giraffes were much more practical.

"How are they better than lions? Lions go roar," he said. I laughed.

"Well giraffes have long necks and spots. Nothing beats spots," I said.

"So I'm assuming you like dalmatians then?" he asked. 

"That's debatable," I said.

"How is it debatable?" he asked, a hit of amusement in his voice.

"I'm not really a dog person but Dalmatians are really cute," I said.

"Okay so let's assume there is a Dalmatian cat, would you like it better than a giraffe?" he asked. I thought for a moment.

"Is there even such thing as a Dalmatian cat?" I asked.

"Dunno. I'll ask Harry tomorrow. But hypothetically," he said. 

"Yeah probably. Cats are by far the best animals," I said. We continued this conversation straying to Zayn telling a story of when he was a kid and he was at the zoo and some kid threw his snow cone at Zayn's shirt so he tackled the kid and shoved the snow cone back into his face.

I had finished my tea by this point and was laying in my bed with the phone resting on my pillow by my ear. 

"Zayn?" I asked, sleepily.

"Mmh?" he responded.

"Can you sing me a song?" I asked. He took a minute to respond.

"Yeah, what do you want me to sing?" he asked. I snuggled further into my covers, eyes shut.

"One of your songs," I said, vaguely. He chuckled softly, his voice humming in my ear.

Softly I could hear his voice singing the lyrics of Little Things. I wasn't too familiar with the song but I loved it nonetheless. His voice was melodic and calming and I layed there in complete peace for the first time in a long time.

"I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth. But if I do, it's you, oh it's you they add up to. I'm in love with you and all these little things." 

"Goodnight, Sofia."

Was all I heard before I was asleep.

 ***

Sofia's POV

 I woke up in the morning feeling peaceful and happy. It was about eight when I got up and I was thankful that it was a Saturday because I really wasn't feeling up to going to work today. I did my whole morning routine, putting my hair into a bun this time and letting some of my curls frame my face.

I went into my room to change and checked my phone, smiling when I saw I had a message from Zayn.

Do you want to go somewhere with me today? It'll help you forget about your nightmare ZM

I bit my lip remembering the same reoccurring dream but pushed it out of my mind. I read the first sentence again and my stomach got all jittery. He wanted to take me out? Like another date?

So I replied:

Of course! Where do you want to go? SOZ

I sort of stood there in the middle of my room with my over sized sweatshirt on and my slippers, staring at the message with a fuzzy feeling in my gut. My phone buzzed and I opened the new text.

 I know a good restaurant by Hyde park. I was thinking going around ten-ish for a sort of brunch. ZM

Zayn Malik wanted to have brunch with me! My heart fluttered a bit, like it always does when I'm talking to him. 

Yeah that sounds lovely! Should I meet you there? SOZ

I kicked off my slippers and started heading to my closet. Now I know you think I own all these stylish new clothes and ten thousand pairs of shoes with fifteen different bags and belts and a bucket of jewelry and stuff . . . and it's true.

I was kind of a shopaholic. I didn't used to be, I would just wear jeans and a sweatshirt but ever since I met Mona in high school, she kind of changed me. I might also add in the fact that half of these things Mona bought for me for my birthday or any other holiday she could think of so that she could basically dress me.

I was convinced that the only reason she ever bought me clothes was so that I could be her model and so she could see what would look good on her. 

Such a selfless person. 

No don't worry I'll come to your flat around nine forty-five. Sound good? ZM

OMG.

Yeah, thanks :) See you then SOZ

I smiled, tossing my phone onto my bed. I turned back to my closet to figure out what to wear. After literally ten minutes I finally decided on a pair of black leggings, a white peplum top with a beaded collar, Mona's beloved Seychelles fever pitch booties in black that I stole because they were heels, a black pea coat, and a maroon infinity scarf because it was literally freezing today even though it was April.

I put my peacoat on my bed and put the shoes by the door. Walking back to my bathroom, I decided to put a little makeup on just because I wanted to look pretty today. I put on the thinnest line of eyeliner on my upper lash line and did a neutral eye. I went with a red/maroon colour for the lips to match the scarf and put a little bit of blush on. I never felt the need to wear foundation because I was worried I would rub it or it would look like my face was flaking.

I was just not comfortable with makeup. My phone buzzed and I could hear it from the bathroom. I picked it up when I got to my room.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) I LUV U SOFIA U COMPLTE ME <3<3

I laughed. Obviously someone stole Zayn's phone once again. Poor guy. My phone buzzed again making me open the new message.

I WANT YOUR BODY 

I was going to respond but then my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered. I flinched when I heard the lyrics of one of Pitbull's songs blaring through my phone.

"Ey'scuse me, but I might drink a little more than I should tonight! I might take you home with me if I could tonight! Baby Ima make you feel so good tonight, 'cuz we might not get tomorrow! Tonight!" 

I held the phone a ways away from my ear.

"Will someone shut that music off?! I'M MEDITATING!" I heard a voice shout from the other line.

"Liam meditating is so 5,000 years ago!" someone else shouted back to him.

"Yeah? How about strangling people? How old is that one?" I heard Liam retort back, angry. Then I heard shrieking.

***

Zayn's POV

I walked into the living room to see Liam and Louis rolling around on the floor. Pitbull music was coming from Louis phone which was on the floor and I saw my phone next to his. 

Why did he have my phone? 

"Louis, are you on the phone with Sofia?" I asked, shocked. He looked up sheepishly but then had a pillow shoved in his face by Liam. I picked up the phone to see her still on the line.

"Sofia?" I asked. Laughing filled my ears as I realized Sofia could hear everything Louis and Liam were saying to each other. I smiled as she laughed, memorizing the way it sounded. 

Her laugh made me feel weird. But a good kind a weird, a tingly giddy kind of weird. A weird that almost made me blush.

Yeah my cheeks were flushed, I cannot tell a lie.

"Sorry," she said, calming down but I could still hear the smile in her voice, "Liam just always seems to get mad a lot."

"Hey, Liam," I called to the boy that was smothering Louis with pillows and blankets.

"What? I'm busy," he said.

"Sofia thinks you have a temper," I commented.

"You did not just tell him that! Now I feel bad!" Sofia scolded me from the phone. I chuckled.

"That's why I've been meditating! But you don't disturb someone who is meditating to get rid of anger! It just doesn't work that way!" Liam shouted, frustrated.

"In my defense," Louis said, his voice muffled from the mass of blankets and pillows he was under, "It wasn't my intention to disturb you. Only to share some music with Zayn's girlfriend."

My face burned. Girlfriend. They kept referring her to that. 

"What did Liam say? Is he mad at me?" Sofia asked me, pulling me from the conversation just as Liam sat on the mountain of blankets that was presumably Louis.

"Of course he's not mad at you Sofs, he just mad at Louis because Louis causes him stress," I told her.

"It's not stress, it's love!" Louis shouted.

"You daft boy!" Liam replied.

***

Zayn's POV

I was standing in front of Sofia's door. I took a deep breath, preparing myself. I always seemed to go a bit jittery when I was with her. My palms would sweat and I swallowed like I was drinking a bucket of water. I was just a nervous person when it came to her. 

Honestly talking to her was more nerve racking than performing on stage. Shocker.

"Oi, mate," I heard a voice call. I turned over my shoulder to see a tall lanky boy with a track suit walk up to be. "Whatcha fink you're doin'?"

"I'm just waiting for a friend," I told him. He had spiky brown hair that looked like he put a whole jug of hair gel in it. His eyes were like a piercing blue that, to be honest, kind of freaked me out.

"Yah you chattin' up my woman, eh?" he said, taking a step closer. Before I could respond Sofia opened the door. When she saw the guy she frowned.

"Zander what are you doing here?" she asked, folding her arms. He turned to her to give her a small smile.

"Just talkin' to your friend," he said. "I'll be goin' don't worry. See you 'round, Sofia." He gave me a warning look before sauntering off, his pants hanging low on his waist. I looked at Sofia to see her looking after the guy with distaste.

"Nice friend you got there," I commented. She slapped my chest before shutting the door. We headed down her complex and out of the building into the chilly air. Wind was blowing slightly cooling off my warm cheeks. I glanced at Sofia to see her looking at me. She averted her eyes when she saw me and her cheeks flushed.

"Sorry about Louis calling you earlier," I said, finally. She giggled, her laugh making me feel this rush of warmth.

"It's getting progressively more normal," she said, causing me to laugh. We chatted as we walked. It wasn't too far of a walk but it was long enough to make Sofia's nose bright red and my face feel like ice. We stepped into the nice restaurant and were led back to a booth near the window. As we sat down, I studied her while she took off her jacket. I was really worried when she called me last night. She sounded so broken on the phone and curiosity was burning a whole through my thoughts. She glanced up at me making me automatically embarrassed.

Good job, Zaynie boy, she thinks you're a creep for staring at her. I looked down at my menu but glanced up at her to see her looking at me.

"Why are you so handsome?" she asked. Then her face started burn as she realized what she said. I had an inkling she didn't want to say it out loud but I mean it was doing wonders to my ego. I grinned, my own cheeks warm.

"It comes with the charm," I said. She let out a nervous laugh, putting her hand on her cheek as if see how hot she was.

"I didn't mean to say that out loud," she mumbled. I bit my lip at how attractive she looked right then, nervous and embarrassed. 

"It's okay, it was cute," I said. Phew, wasn't sure how I was playing it so cool but I mentally patted myself on the back. She smiled slightly.

Swallowing her embarrassment she said, "So do you want to hear what happened with Meagan and Dec?" I nodded my head, shifting in my seat a bit.

The whole story she told me was crazy. How Meagan attacked Mona then blamed Mona for it all, how Meagan accused Dec and Mona of having an affair, and of course Dec declaring his love for Mona. (She also told me how Ashna then proceeded to vomit in the bathroom because apparently when she was stressed she too felt the need to spew chunks like Mona.)

In the end, Sofia still didn't know how Mona reacted with Dec's declaration of his undying affection for her because Ashna was heaving her guts out in the bathroom and Meagan had broken down crying so Sofia had taken her to Mona's bedroom to take off the duct tape and hand-cuffs. When she finally managed to get back into the living room, both Dec and Mona were no where to be found so apparently Sofia had to deal with two emotionally unstable hormonal teenagers (young women whatever) until they managed to clam down (which apparently took four tissue boxes, two movies, and a bin of chocolate ice cream.)

When Sofia finished her story, her cheeks were flushed with excitement and her eyes danced with the drama. I smiled.

"You're adorable, you know that?" I said, trying to be confident. 

"It comes with the charm," she said, grinning.

***

READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE TOP PLEASE! I mean you don't have to but if you love unicorns you should. ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 50 23
When an average girl encounters Harry Styles her life will never be the same again
905K 14K 55
When two different worlds collide..
58.7K 1.2K 20
this story is in need of major editing. but read at your own risk, it's very clingy. sorry!
18.2K 375 32
Ella and her best friend meet One Direction, and well, this is the story of how true love can get through anything. So many plot twists you'll never...