Harry Potter: Heart Of A Myst...

By WinterWolf-99

Sirius Black is the father of all godfathers and he will do anything to prove it. He knows that his godson ne... More

Chapter One: The Nature Mage
Chapter Two: Some Sirius Thoughts
Chapter Three: Crashing An Order Meeting
Chapter Four: Picking Up Harry
Chapter Five: Harry Arrives
Chapter Six: Forming A Plan
Chapter Seven: Godfather-Godson Bonding
Chapter Eight: Heart Of... No... Flower Of Gold
Chapter Nine: Setting The Plan In Motion
Chapter Ten: I Hate Politics
Chapter Eleven: Olivia Showing Who Is Boss
Chapter Twelve: First Sign Of Powers
Chapter Thirteen: Change Of Weather
Chapter Fourteen: Birthday Blow Up
Chapter Fifteen: A True Friend
Chapter Sixteen: Preparing To Leave
Chapter Seventeen: We're Going On A Trip
Chapter Eighteen: A Lesson On Mystic Souls
Chapter Nineteen: Arriving At Crystal Rose
Chapter Twenty: Touring Crystal Rose
Chapter Twenty-One: Mystic Souls Aplenty
Chapter Twenty-Two: New School New Houses
Chapter Twenty-Three: Every Rose Has Its Thorns
Chapter Twenty-Four: Do Not Mess With A Rose
Chapter Twenty-Five: Legacies
Chapter Twenty-Six: Some Sirius Progress
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Once Is A Coincidence, Twice Is Magic
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Unblocking The Block
Chapter Thirty: Breaking The Block
Chapter Thirty-One: The Start of Something New
Chapter Thirty-Two: What Else Can I Do
Chapter Thirty-Three: Control The Storm
Chapter Thirty-Four: First Real Day As Crystal Rose Students
Chapter Thirty-Five: Light And Dark Debate
Chapter Thirty-Six: How A Mystic Fights
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Olivia Is The Best Lawyer Ever
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Padfoot & Boreas
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Dealing With The Bumblebee
Chapter Forty: Potion Commotion
Chapter Forty-One: Cutting The Strings
Chapter Forty-Two: No Apologies
Chapter Forty-Three: Creature Feature
Chapter Forty-Four: Order of the Fried Chickens
Chapter Forty-Five: A New Teacher And Friend
Chapter Forty-Six: Mystic Spark
Chapter Forty-Seven: Might Of A Hurricane
Chapter Forty-Eight: Power of the Mind
Chapter Forty-Nine: All Hallows' Eve Introduction
Chapter Fifty: A Sacred Sabbat
Chapter Fifty-One: Reunion
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Attack
Chapter Fifty-Three: Never Mess With Crystal Rose
Chapter Fifty-Four: Olivia Rocks The Court
Chapter Fifty-Five: Heart of the Storm
Chapter Fifty-Six: A Sirius Confrontation

Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Storm Is Coming

6.2K 254 64
By WinterWolf-99

Harry did not know that any place could be as welcoming as Crystal Rose. Not only was the school itself such a beautiful place, but the students were also very kind. T'challa and Hawk were certainly very helpful with getting the Hogwarts students in Winter Wolf comfortable since they were very new to the mystic soul environment.

And even when they had gone to breakfast the next morning, Harry could see that there were other Hogwarts students that seemed to be opening up more to the mystic souls. Sure, there was still a lot that looked at the mystic souls as if they were going to start attacking them at any given second, but it was not all of them. He knew that he saw Luna talking with some of the other Unicorn students, including Krinos. And Neville was also seen talking with Unicorn students as well. Fred and George were happily chatting with their fellow Griffins. Harry was glad that not everyone instantly hated the Crystal Rose students.

And over the weekend, things tended to actually remain somewhat calm. Headmistress Jiwe had even announced that Monday and Tuesday would also not have classes to give the schools more time to adjust to each other. It was mostly peaceful, but Harry was not thinking that it would last for much longer. Especially with those like Malfoy, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny around.

And speaking of the annoying trio, Harry had been able to mostly avoid the three of them after he had been sorted. He was really glad that Headmistress Jiwe was not the same type of easily influenced person as there was back in magical Britain. She held her ground and he had not been transferred to Dryad nor was the trio transferred to Winter Wolf. He was very thankful to the headmistress since she obviously is a very stern but caring lady that takes no nonsense from anyone.

He was also pretty sure that was probably one of the few times that Dumbledore ever actually heard the word "no" before. He probably threw a temper tantrum when he was finally alone.

But as he would steal glances at the trio every now and again during meals, he saw that none of them interacted with their fellow Dryad students. And not just that, but the Dryads seemed to also be glaring at them a lot. It did not surprise Harry that the three of them were already making enemies at Crystal Rose.

On Tuesday, he saw that the glaring had not stopped. He decided that asking T'challa what he thinks went on would be the best thing. He knew a lot more about the school than he did himself after all.

"I do not interact much with the Dryad students, if I am being honest," T'challa tells him as they sit down for breakfast.

"Really," Harry asked, slightly confused.

"In any school, there are bound to be rivalries and those that don't get along," T'challa explained. "If you take the actual magical creatures that represent our houses, winter wolves and dryads have never gotten along in history."

"I know that dryads are tree spirits," Harry admitted. "They are like nymphs, only they work only with trees while nymphs can be in forests, water, mountains, and other places. But, I don't know anything about winter wolves."

"Winter wolves are an ancient branch of warrior animals that were said to have been born when moonlight first shined over the ice during the Ice Age," T'challa explains. "They appear as white wolves, but with magical armor made out of ice. It is even said that their howl could summon a powerful blizzard."

"That is actually very cool," Harry was amazed by the magical creature. "And that does now make sense why they would not get along with the dryads. Ice and nature are not a good pairing."

"It's why the students of Winter Wolf and Dryad don't typically get along," T'challa said. "Our personalities usually clash. They are typically secretive loner types while we are the house that is like one big pack. We're too different to get along."

Harry thought that was a much better reason than the rivalry/blatant hatred that was between Gryffindor and Slytherin. Winter Wolf and Dryad did not get along because of conflicting personalities while it was just bias nature and prejudice that separated Gryffindor and Slytherin.

Harry always thought that the house rivalry was stupid, anyway. Sure, he hated those like Malfoy and Parkinson, but they were only two members of the house. Two people, plus those like Voldemort and Lucius Malfoy, did not define everyone that has ever been a Slytherin and who will one day become a Slytherin. Sirius had even told Harry how James's father, his grandmother, was a Slytherin by the name of Dorea Black. She had been Sirius's great aunt, but she was the farthest thing from evil. She had been a Slytherin, but that was because she was ambitious. She was one of the best healers that St.Mungos had ever had. Even to this day, there was still a wing at the magical hospital named after her.

Harry was still very glad that he had Sirius always in his life since he had come into it back in his third year. Sirius still sent letters to him using Dobby and Winky. They exchanged multiple letters a day. Sirius was very glad to hear how well that he was adjusting to the school and that he was quickly making friends. He always would tell Harry that his parents would be so proud of the wizard he was becoming. Especially his mum since Lily was known for having a kind heart just like Harry. That always made Harry smile even more since he was so used to people comparing him to his father and hardly ever mentioning his mother.

Harry then felt his nose twitch as he suddenly sneezed. Looking up after he sneezed, he saw that there was some type of glitter falling around him and T'challa. The jungle cat mage only looked a little annoyed, but it was the type of fondly annoyed that a person would be when they were used to these types of things.

"Vallia, really," he looked up as he raised an eyebrow.

Harry looked up as well and boy was he shocked when he did. Above their heads was a girl that was flying with literal butterfly wings coming out of her back. 

The girl was quite beautiful and had grace and elegance to her style. She had long blond hair braided with roses and butterflies and had pink streaks. Her eyes were a stunning blue that you could see, if you were close enough, had specks of purple in them. Her style was a red, pink, and purple dawn-colored dress with gold flats. On her wrists were diamond rose cuff bracelets, a butterfly on the one on her right wrist. Her butterfly wings were different compared to the rest of her style since they were the black and orange wings of a monarch butterfly. Quite dark compared to the other bright colors she wore.

"Woah," Harry gasped.

Vallia giggled as she floated down and landed on the seat across the table from the two of them.

"You know me, T'challa," she smirked. "I can never help but make an entrance."

"How Buzz can stand you is anyone's guess," T'challa shook his head, chuckling as he did.

Vallia then turned to Harry, giving him a beautiful smile.

"Vallia Fly, at your service," Vallia offered her hand and Harry shook it. "Butterly witch extraordinaire and proud member of Unicorn house."

"I think if I thought that you had anything other than something butterfly-related, I would need to be examined for potions that lower my IQ," Harry chuckled, but then he noticed her accent. "You're from England!"

"Vallia and her boyfriend, Buzz, both fled from England after their powers came out," T'challa tells him.

"He had not been my boyfriend at that time, but the rest of that was true," Vallia says. "I used to be a member of the Avery family and Buzz's former last name was Prince. We both had to flee the country since we knew our families would kill us for being mystic souls."

"Prince," Harry started thinking. "I think that I heard that name somewhere before. But I can't remember where."

"It will come back to you eventually, Harry," T'challa patted him on the back.

Harry knew that he heard that last name somewhere before. He just had to do some digging inside of his head before he fully figured out where he had heard the name from. Maybe he could just ask Sirius.

"So," Harry turned his attention back to Vallia. "What type of magic technically is involved with butterfly magic?"

"There is a lot of different types of abilities that my magic gives me," Vallia explained. "Other than my obvious ability to fly, I also have some slight air manipulation powers, some light manipulation abilities, and a lot that is really just stuff that I think is what inspired the creator of that Pokemon anime to create most bug-type attacks."

"I was never allowed to watch anime," Harry tells her.

He left out that he was not really allowed to watch anything since it would be a cold day in the Underworld when the Dursleys would ever allow him anything that would actually cause him to be happy in even the slightest way.

"Okay, we are never allowing you to meet our friend Madison," T'challa places his hand on Harry's shoulder.

"I agree with you on that, cat boy," Vallia said.

"Why," Harry was confused but could see the amused look in both of their eyes.

"Madison was born in the United States, but she spent a lot of her time in Japan at the mystic soul school there before she transferred here," T'challa says to him. "She loves anime and she will always take any opportunity given to her to spread her love of anime."

"Typically, if she learns that someone has not watched a specific show or has not seen anime at all, she will basically kidnap you and make you watch as much as she can get away with," Vallia giggled. "She made me watch three whole seasons of Fairy Tail before letting me go."

"She had me watch half of Naruto before I could no stay awake any longer," T'challa chuckled.

"If she learns you have not watched any anime at all, she will not let you leave her side until you have seen enough to finally satisfy her," Vallia shook her head fondly at the thought of her friend. "And that might not be for a while. Hahaha!"

Harry laughed with them as the three of them soon finished their breakfast. T'challa then asked Harry if there was anything in the school that he had not seen yet. Harry wanted to see the garden at the back of the school, so T'challa was more than happy to take him there. Vallia said she would come, but she already had plans with Luna to show her around.

But on their way out of the Main Gallery, they were unfortunate enough to have been intercepted by the annoying trio. Harry knew that it was too good to last even longer than it already has.

"Harry, we need to talk to you," Hermione basically was ordering him to talk to them.

"Well, it will have to wait," Harry did not want to deal with them right now. "T'challa was about to show me the garden. I have not seen it yet."

"Well, it can wait," Ginny said.

"If you want me to wait, then you can be the ones to wait instead," Harry waved them off. "Let's go, T'challa. Maybe Krinos is there as well. I wanted to get his recommendations for the classes I should take."

"Krinos always has been one to give the best advice," T'challa said.

The two of them tried to leave, but Hermione grabbed Harry's arm before they could get more than just two feet away. Harry was really trying not to get his wand out to hex them. They have really been getting on his nerves lately. He was so sick of them trying to control him.

"You've been ignoring us, Harry," Hermione glared at him as she tried to scold him. "We're your best friends and best friends don't ignore each other."

"You ignored me for an entire month during the summer," Harry threw back at her. "You can call this karma."

"We were only doing what Dumbledore told us to do," Ron argued.

"Headmaster Dumbledore," Hermione corrected him.

"Yeah, headmaster," Harry pulled his arm from Hermione's grip. "Meaning that he has no power to order you or anyone outside of school even if we attend the school that he is in charge of. For the simple fact that it was summer, so he did not have the right or power to tell you to do anything."

"Dumbledore was only doing what was right," Ron glared at Harry.

"Headmaster Dumbledore," Hermione corrected again. "But, Ron is right, Harry."

"No, he isn't," Harry was fighting the urge to yell. "Dumbledore was NOT doing what was right. He was just doing what he wanted because he wants to control everything about my life."

"Harry James Potter," Hermione scolded him as she hit his arm with every name she said. "How dare you insult the headmaster. He has done..."

"Nothing," Harry interrupted her, as she had done with him many times in the past. "He has done nothing. He has not done anything to free Sirius, he did not do anything to stop the basilisk in our second year, he did not do anything to stop Quirrell from attempting to take the sorcerer's stone, he did not do anything to stop the dementors from coming onto school grounds multiple times and nearly getting many students kissed. What he has done is sit on his high horse and watch as everyone around him suffers while he waits for a single moment where he can make himself look like a hero when he has done NOTHING!"

Harry did not notice T'challa looking at him with worry. He obviously could tell that his friend was more upset and betrayed than angry. He looked over at the Griffin table and was glad to see Fred and George already looking at the scene that was happening. He waved them over and the twins quickly were making their way over to the group.

"He is the greatest wizard since Merlin," Ginny basically screamed at Harry.

"He is a whole lot more important than you could ever be," Ron sneered at Harry.

"Please," Harry rolled his eyes. "Dobby is a better person than Dumbledore is and Dobby is an insane house elf that thought seriously injuring me was the best way to get me to leave Hogwarts."

"Huh," T'challa raised an eyebrow.

"I'll tell you later," Harry tells the jungle cat mage.

That got the three annoyances to glare at T'challa. He was not phased by their glaring as he knew that they were all probably just a part of the mystic-soul-hating wand-users that were basically bred in magical Britain. If he got angry every time a wand-user glared at him, he would have killed them all just on the first day of them being there.

"This is all his fault," Hermione was quick to place blame on T'challa. "Him and all the other fakers around this school."

"Fakers," T'challa raised his eyebrow again.

"Hermione is delusional about mystic soul powers," Harry tells T'challa. "She doesn't believe that any of you are real because she believes that magic without a wand is 'impossible."

"Wow, she really is delusional," T'challa stated.

"IT IS IMPOSSIBLE," Hermione screamed. "MAGIC WITHOUT A WAND CAN NOT BE DONE! STOP PRETENDING THAT IT CAN!"

T'challa rubbed his ears. Even when not using his magic to hear more than normal people could, his ears were still very sensitive to loud noises. He could not stand being around anything loud since if something was loud enough, then he might accidentally go deaf.

"Hermione, enough," Harry actually was yelling at this point. "Get over yourself. You do not know everything about everything. They are mystic souls, they do not need wands. It is not wandless magic, it is mystic soul magic. Get. The hell. Over. Yourself."

There was sudden thunder heard from outside. Fred and George looked at each other as this situation was very similar to when the lightning had crashed into the Black family garden. An argument, Harry getting really angry, the weather having a sudden change for the worse. They would not be surprised if another lightning bolt would soon crash through one of the windows in the Main Gallery.

"You can not talk to her like that," Ron yelled at Harry.

"I can talk to her, you, or anyone any way that I want," Harry yelled back. "I am not going to let you control me anymore."

"We have never tried to control you," Ginny insisted but did not sound that convincing.

"Really," Harry raised an eyebrow. "How about when you kept trying to drag me away from Sirius when he was telling me about my family? How about when you tried to keep me away from Krinos and Olivia even when they have been nothing but helpful? How about when every time I have a book with me, you try and take it away for no reason? How about..."

"Harry," Fred almost materialized on one side of him.

"Calm down," George appeared on his other side.

They both placed their hands on his shoulders. Their presence helped Harry to calm down and start to breathe. It did not escape the twins or T'challa that the thunder soon stopped and the sky got brighter outside.

"How about you three leave him alone," Fred tells the annoying trio.

"At least until you learn not to be pains in the butt," George glares at the three.

They took Harry away before any of the trio could say anything else. T'challa gave them one last glare before he walked away to join them. He had a feeling that there was going to be a lot of weird weather that year.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 79 15
Prologue "Hagrid give him with me." Sirius begged the big hairy man. "I'm sorry, I can't give him with yeh. Dumbledore asked me to bring him." Hagrid...
12.4K 343 29
"Y/n, could you please join us in the real world for a few moments?" She grumbles in complaint, "But my book is getting to the good bit." "And the g...
1.9M 68.3K 142
TW: drugs, physical abuse, torture Book Two (Frigus) is out now! Some people are just born to fight. It's not that they're born brave. It's not tha...
204K 5.1K 59
When the Marauders, Lily and their rival, Severus come in contact with a cauldron that sends them to the future, hell brakes loose! Sirius Black is o...