The Contract

Autorstwa therealmysterylover

Diana Johnson was ready for new beginnings. She was finally back to her city - for completing her Masters an... Więcej

TRIGGER WARNINGS
Chapter 1 : DIANA
Chapter 2 : TRISTAN
Chapter 3 : DIANA
Chapter 4 : TRISTAN
Chapter 5 : DIANA
Chapter 6 : TRISTAN
Chapter 7 : DIANA
Chapter 8 : TRISTAN
Chapter 9 : DIANA
Chapter 10 : TRISTAN
Chapter 11 : DIANA
Chapter 12 : TRISTAN
Chapter 13 : DIANA
Chapter 14 : TRISTAN
Chapter 15 : DIANA
Chapter 16 : TRISTAN
Chapter 17 : DIANA
Chapter 19 : DIANA
Chapter 20 : TRISTAN
Chapter 21 : DIANA
Chapter 22 : TRISTAN
Chapter 23 : DIANA
Chapter 24 : TRISTAN
Chapter 25 : DIANA
Chapter 26 : TRISTAN
Chapter 27 : DIANA
Chapter 28 : TRISTAN
Chapter 29 : DIANA
Chapter 30 : TRISTAN
BONUS CHAPTER
Chapter 31 : DIANA
Chapter 32 : TRISTAN
Chapter 33 : DIANA
Chapter 34 : TRISTAN
Chapter 35 : DIANA
Chapter 36 : TRISTAN
Chapter 37 : DIANA
Chapter 38 : TRISTAN
Chapter 39 : DIANA
Chapter 40 : TRISTAN
Chapter 41 : DIANA
Chapter 42 : TRISTAN
Chapter 43 : DIANA(I)
Chapter 43 : DIANA(II)

Chapter 18 : TRISTAN

108 4 18
Autorstwa therealmysterylover

"So everything's done?" the groom turned sideways, facing the bearded man. The fashion designer nodded in approval. Tristan knew how to piece an outfit all by himself but at the same time he was also open to a second opinion. However the awkward silence between them failed to subside.

Khan's clients were not limited to businessmen or entrepreneurs. His name had also been associated with countless award winning celebrities and models. Hundreds if not thousands of people were dressed by him over the span of his long thirty year old career. Yet, this man in front of him, held a sort of unparalleled glamour he ever witnessed in any human.

His lingering gaze twisted Khan's tongue into a knot. The curve of the lips, the impressive cheekbones, the sharp nose and the piercing jade eyes - everything about him was perfect in its own way. It was a face one could never forget. Something unnatural enough to be devilish. He heard tons of stories about this ash brown haired man. And today he wanted to believe them.

Upon witnessing Tristan's focus on him, he muttered "Yeah, I think so."

A familiar voice soon followed the air. "Good afternoon, sir." Thankfully, Will was back.

The assistant stopped at the door as his jaw went slack. His eyes were about to pop out of the sockets.

"It's okay, right?" Tristan asked.

Will blinked thrice before he stepped into the room. "Yeah, sir, you look so different today, and in a good way."

"Thank you," the young CEO smirked, picking up the cologne on the desk.

Khan understood it was time to leave. Muttering a goodbye he scurried away in relief.

As he splattered the exotic fragrance over himself, Will responded with "Sir, everything's settled. Ma and Pa will arrive in the venue at twelve." He called them so only in presence of the family. The expressionless face of his employer motivated him to continue. "I've spoken to the staff working on Miss Johnson, she and her friends are scheduled to reach by ten-thirty. However, there's something more....."

Tristan stopped fixing his shirt collar. His wardrobe did not contain any wedding exclusive clothes, thereafter, compelling him to manage with whatever he possessed. A white plain shirt from his already collection of twenty. A black half-shirt displaying a rare kind of patchwork in silver fibres. Black trousers had been a usual part of his style. Summing up the look was a dapper blazer of the same colour with a red handkerchief at his breast-pocket. No point in dressing too well for a fake event.

"What's wrong?" he rubbed a finger along his bushy eyebrows.

"Actually, your aunt and brother are back from the trip. Ma and Pa informed them."

Tristan scrunched his nose. "They didn't ask you anything?"

"Not yet. I think they believed Ma and Pa's account, so I guess it's fine."

Silence fell between them for a few seconds.

"Yeah, let's pray for that." He hated lying to the woman who raised him. Yet, since the past three years she changed greatly. While not much was noticeable in the attitude otherwise, she kept on nagging him to settle down with someone to the point of trying to set him up on blind dates. This wedding could be a way to calm her too for the next twelve months.

"Sir, do we prepare to leave?"

Tristan nodded, peeking into his watch. It read - 9:30 a.m. Diana Johnson, you have no idea what's coming for you.

--------XXXXXXX-----------

"They are on the way, sir." Will said, adjusting his own white blazer. They were in one of the ten halls in the venue. Except the staff at his house and Morgan, no other guests had been present.

Tristan nodded, arching his neck on the left. And there was she, in the centre of the group, walking with a grace unknown to the eyes.

Diana was pretty, indeed. Today, however, angelic radiance shone through her. She appeared to be created with everything he left behind twenty years ago. He slid a hand over his chest in an act to brush away dirt. However the real intention had been to check the beating of his heart which was running a marathon.

Tristan knew it was wrong but somehow looking at this face all day sounded tolerable. The best part about it though, had been the smile. How was she able to remain calm he failed to understand. Not to mention a part of him could not help but be amazed.

"Good morning, Miss Johnson." Will spoke, bringing the groom back to the current situation as he dropped his hand on the side.

"Good morning, Will." her smile brightened. Tristan knew that would never be for him, and he could care less about it.

"Good morning, soon-to-be Mrs. Parker. How have you been?" Tristan curved his lips into a smile.

"Tried to fake my death. Didn't succeed, so here I am. What about you, soon-to-be Mr. Johnson?"

He tilted his head on the left, running fingers through the hair. In a breathless smile, he replied "A good idea. Unfortunately doctors exist so the plan could never take off."

"Bribery exists too. I think you're forgetting that part."

"Some have morality, I hope you're aware of it."

"How many are you going to send after me?" she crossed her arms across her chest.

"Let's say," he stopped as his sight fell on her round amber eyes. Words never existed to him for a second. Tristan immediately averted his gaze, upward from her face. "Until every hospital is exhausted."

Now the silence flowed from him to her. And then back to him when he realised what he just said. Diana's face had been mere inches away from his. A sweet odour engulfed his nostrils again. He was the first to move left. Under no circumstance would he take the effort to even change the hospital if that was the scenario.

"Miss Johnson, a pleasure to meet you again." Morgan immediately spoke, putting a hand out. Diana shook it lightly. "Let me escort you both to the private room."

The couple nodded and followed him. Two people stood outside of a gigantic door, bordered in gold designs all over.

The lawyer entered first, the bride and then the groom. Diana shook a little when the wooden frame banged shut. A desk lay at the centre with two chairs along the length and one along the breadth.

As they took their places, Tristan saw his partner struggling with the veil. It stuck in a corner of the table and because of her gloves, she could not exert enough pressure.

"Need help?" he asked softly.

"No, its okay." she pulled it away with all her might. Luckily enough no damage was incurred on either side. Diana hates me for real. Thank goodness.

Morgan placed a folder on the table.

"Do you want me to revise the conditions again? I would recommend it."

"Yes, go ahead." Tristan said while Diana nodded. He kept a side-eye on the bride as the middle-aged man narrated the clauses.

Her expression dropped and so did her posture with every passing minute. Maybe it had been with the realisation of how none of it was a joke anymore. Diana ultimately rested her back and sighed in response when he ended. Tristan knew it was impossible for him to stop it now, especially when his aunt and brothers had been convinced too.

"Where do I need to sign?" she blurted out in desperation. Sure enough, he too wanted out of this desolate area. Never before he felt the desire to leave a room as much as now.

Tristan surveyed the movement of her smooth fingers intricately while she scribbled her name. Upon being handed the page, he could not believe his sight. In front of him was one of the best handwriting he ever witnessed.

"You have a good hand." he commented before clicking the pen tip.

"Say this when it'll be around your neck." her usual tone with him was back.

Tristan paused his writing and scanned her face. He expected a little discomfort on her side but there had been none. Does she have nothing to lose? Or is it an act, again.

"Honestly, I'd like to see how far you can go."

"Don't make a bet you can't win."

He let out a fake laugh. "You sure about it?"

"I study science. We deal with facts and hypotheses all the time."

"We'll see, Einstein. Or wait, you're a chemist right? Yeah, Marie Curie." He bent his head to continue the signature.

"If only someone as terrible existed to name you after."

Tristan smirked in reply, handing the folder back to the lawyer. Her words did not hurt. Rather it made him glad. To know she would never develop anything but disgust for him. We are off to a good start.

A/N : Hey lovelies! How are all of you doing? I hope everything is going great and if not, you get enough strength to pass through it. Please do not forget to give your comments or feedback on this chapter. Thank you for your support. Will see you soon with the next update. Take care all of you amazing people!!!!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

410K 1.6K 24
After leaving an abusive and mentally draining relationship Brittany decides to dedicate her life to her and her daughter Aria, but what she didn't e...
145K 5.8K 60
**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on the thought of love. That is until she fi...
203K 3.7K 43
𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 The billionaires daughter's dreams and fantasies of marrying for love crushed within a second as she finds herself helping...
229K 13.6K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...