Fallen Moon

By KibaBlackfire

For years vampires and werewolves waged war on one another. At last the blood war is near its end. Currently... More

Prelude: Brink Of Destruction
Chapter 01: First Moon (Part I)
Chapter 01: First Moon (Part II)
Chapter 02: Aftermath (Part I)
Chapter 02: Aftermath (Part II)
Chapter 03: Bloodshed (Part I)
Chapter 03: Bloodshed (Part II)
Chapter 03: Bloodshed (Part III)
Chapter 04: Lord Grimm
Chapter 05: Dreadful News
Chapter 06: Conversion
Chapter 07: Entrapment (Part 01)
Chapter 07: Entrapment (Part 02)
Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 01)
Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 02)
Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 03)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 01)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 02)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 03)
Chapter 10: Ultimate Betrayal (Part 01)
Chapter 10: Ultimate Betrayal (Part 02)
Chapter 10: Ultimate Betrayal (Part 03)
Chapter 11: Unmerciful Punishment (Part 01)
Chapter 11: Unmerciful Punishment (Part 02)
Chapter 12: Rise Of A New Heir (Part 01)
Chapter 12: Rise Of A New Heir (Part 02)
Chapter 12: Rise of A New Heir (Part 03)
Chapter 12: Rise Of A Heir (Part 04)
Chapter 13: Bound (Part 01)
Chapter 13: Bound (Part 02)
Chapter 14: Hell
Chapter 15: Understanding
Chapter 16: More Than A Prince
Chapter 17: Premonition
Chapter 18: Ziek's Tale
Chapter 19: Fate's Tale
Chapter 20: Selene's Tale
Chapter 21: Raine's Tale
Chapter 22: Jay's Tale
Chapter 23: Answers
Chapter 24: Temptation (Part 01)
Chapter 24: Temptation (Part 02)
Chapter 25: Know Thy Enemy
Chapter 26: Shields
Chapter 27: NightShade
Chapter 28: Alexis' Tale
Chapter 29: Claire's Tale
Chapter 30: Matching Scars
Chapter 31: A Wolf's Tears
Chapter 32: Sacrifice
Chapter 33: Fate's Tale (Part 02)
Chapter 34: Jayden's Tale
Chapter 35: Blaire's Tale
Chapter 36: Scythe's Tale
Chapter 37: World's Collide (Part 01)
Chapter 37: World's Collide (Part 02)
Chapter 37: Worlds Collide(Part 03)
Chapter 38: Forsaken
Chapter 39: Rescue Mission
Chapter 40: Loyalty
Chapter 41: Newfound Freedom
Chapter 42: Change Of Plans
Chapter 43: Darkside
Chapter 44: Together Again

Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 04)

9 0 0
By KibaBlackfire

Sorrow continued to fill his heart as Angel stared at the drink that would alter him forever. He was tired of fighting, tired of being so miserable. This drink, it would make this pain he felt inside disappear. Once he started, he would continue to drink until he felt nothing at all. Angel stared at the drink letting out a deep sigh saying his last goodbye to his former self. Just as he was about to do it, he was slapped hard across the face. The impact left a nasty red mark across his face. He rubbed the mark trying to calm the redness.

"You bastard," Blaire grabbed him by his shirt. "You just stood there while I got my ass kicked." She yelled. She was attacked when? He was sitting at the bar waiting for her to get back. He had no idea she left only to get into a fight. "You weren't even paying attention were you?" She grabbed his drink and threw the alcohol at his face. "You have to be the worst man in all existence, a man should defend his woman's honor. Instead you decided to drown yourself with alcohol and let me fend for myself." She coated her fist in diamond and punched Angel in the stomach. The impact was so great it caused him to fall off the bar stool and hit the floor. He clenched his stomach in pain. "I'm so out of here, enjoy your alcohol you piece of shit," She kicked Angel while he was on the floor. "You better be at the wedding," She warned, Blaire stormed off in anger.

"She's such a bitch," Angel picked himself off the floor. Once he was back on his feet he went to return to his seat but stopped. He could hear shouting coming from the other side of the ballroom. It was coming from the werewolf side. He moved a bit closer and it was none other than that werewolf that was onstage. She was arguing with Prince Lycan.

"You must think I'm some kind of fool," Lycan yelled at her. He reached underneath her dress taking out a knife that she had hidden on her person. "Did you honestly think you could kill me with this?" He showed her the knife. "You stupid, naive, know what?" He laughed. "Why don't you take it back." He stabbed her in the arm with the silver bladed knife. She screamed out in pain. "Hurts doesn't it?" He backhanded her, the impact was so great, it knocked her to the floor. "You will learn your place even if I have to beat you into submission." He walked away from her rejoining the other wolves.

"Fuck," She pulled the knife out of her arm. "Son of a-," She screamed. She placed a napkin over the wound. He watched as the wolf stood there next to the punch bowl. She was using a napkin to apply pressure to the wound.

This woman for some reason, Angel couldn't get her out of his thoughts. At first he thought it was just the song she sang on stage. It was more than that, she understood him. She's the only person who possibly could. Thanks to her, he didn't feel so alone anymore. If only there were some way he could return the favor. Her eyes, those navy blue eyes, they were filled with so much sorrow. A sadness, she tried to hide but he could see right through it. Perhaps, he is the only person here who could.

It began as a strange thought at first. However, once the thought crossed his mind. His lips began to form a smile. A smile, it had been so long since he had been able to muster that amount of joy. Something else, this wolf was able to give him and it was all due to this silly thought. What if he were to go over there and talk to her? What would he say to her? It was strange how a thought like that could fill his heart with such joy.

If Angel did talk to her, he was sure that maybe just maybe he could save her from this tragic night. If anything, she could save him. He started to walk over there to her. It was right then, he felt a wicked slap across his face.

"Who slaps really," Angel rubbed the side of his face.

"I do," Brandon pointed at himself. "Especially when my best friend is being stupid." He moved Angel away from the werewolf side. "What the hell, do you realize that you were this close to crossing over to the werewolf side?" He gestured, "One more step and you would have been killed." He stressed. "Trust me, you don't want to go over there. It's forbidden territory so let's just get you back to the bar and get you some water."

This war, since it began. It had done nothing but take everything from him. The more Angel began to think about it, the more it angered him. He was expected to do so much for their war. A war, he had no desire to be a part of. A war that set him up with Blaire, a war that caused him so much pain. That was going to change, starting now. He wasn't going to make any more sacrifices for their war. It was time for Angel to fight back. He would go over there and talk to that woman, werewolf or not.

"I don't care," Angel started to walk over to the werewolf side. Brandon grabbed him by his jacket and pulled him back."I'm going over there to talk to her." Angel tried to get past him, he blocked his path. "Brandon, get out of my way."

"I can't do that." Brandon argued. "This is insane, you can't go over there. You will get yourself killed." Angel tried to get past, he blocked him again. "I'm trying to protect you. Please stop this," He grabbed him by his shoulders. "You will die, Angel."

"I'm already dead Brandon," Angel confessed. "Blaire, she has taken so much from me. It's like no matter how hard I try to fight back. She finds new ways to hurt me. I'm tired of fighting, I'm tired of hurting. I'm just," He let out a deep sigh. "Tired." He admitted. "But for the first time in a long time. I found something that makes me happy." Angel glanced over at the werewolf. "I never thought I would find that again."

"She's a werewolf," Brandon pointed out. "There is only one way this can go." Angel's eyes remained on her. He just wanted to talk to her, one conversation, one dance. That would be enough. "Okay," He let out a deep sigh. "I'm going to look the other way and when I do." He paused. "Well, I think you get the picture, just promise me you'll be careful."

"I will," Angel placed a curse on his wrist that allowed him to mask his scent. "Cover for me," He patted Brandon on the shoulder. He walked over to the fence that separates the vampires from the werewolves. This one line, if crossed, he would be in enemy territory. By crossing to their side, he would be doing the unthinkable.

Angel ducked underneath the rope. He walked slowly through the crowd of werewolves undetected. He wasn't sure why but not one werewolf paid him any mind. It was like all their senses were blocked. He continued to make his way to the werewolf that had captured his attention, captivated his thoughts with every step he took. It felt as if he were breaking out of a cage and was granted a breath of fresh air. He wanted to enjoy each and every step he made toward her.

This woman as his every step drew him closer. He began to realize her beauty, those navy blue eyes like precious gemstones. Her long black hair, the way she brushed it to the side of her face. Nothing short of perfection, her zest lips, what he wouldn't give just to taste them. He forced a swallow, he's nervous? He forced his hands to stop shaking. He began taking deep breaths to settle his nerves. This beautiful woman, she's everything. His feet stopped as he finally came face to face with her.

"Hello," Angel had to force these words out. It was strange, this woman. She might as well cut out his tongue. He struggled just to speak to-, The woman held a sharp silver edged switchblade to his throat. Even with a blade at his throat, he wasn't afraid of death. Not nearly as much as he feared her.

"Angel," He held his hand out to her. Her eyes stared deep into his then down at his hand. "I figured if your intentions are to kill me. Then, the least I can do is give you the name of your victim." The woman refused to lower the knife yet. Her navy blue eyes continued to search his eyes.

"Angel huh," The woman tugged at his suit, bringing him closer to the sharp edge of her knife. "What are you doing here?" She demanded. "This is enemy territory. You must have some balls in order to come over to our side. We kill your kind for sport." She forced the knife closer to his throat. "I'll ask again," She glared at him. "Why are you here?"

"I came for you,"

"To kill me,"

"To dance," Angel held his hand out to her once more. Her eyes continued to search him. Starting from his eyes, down to his figure. She slowly began to lower the knife's hold on his throat. In exchange, he felt the warmth of her hand take his. She put the knife away as he led her to the dance floor.

"Your name," He placed his right hand on her delightful curves. He was sure to keep a light hold of her in case she decided to run. It was only natural for her not to trust him. In fact, he was certain most werewolves would have taken this chance to kill him. Not her, this wolf, she wasn't like the rest. "I didn't quite catch it, even though your name was said onstage."

"Raven," She laughed. However within that laugh, there was a hint of a smile. A beautiful captivating smile. "My name's Raven," She followed his lead as their bodies swayed with the slow music. "I have a question for you," She placed her firm hand on his shoulder. Her painted nails lightly gripped onto his shoulder. "Why would you want to dance with me?" She chuckled. "I mean, I'm sure there are a ton of other vampires you should be dancing with instead of me."

"You might be right about that." Angel's hand started to grip a tad bit tighter on her waist. "Nothing about this is what you would call normal. A vampire should never be caught dancing with a werewolf. I bet you're wondering why I would take such a risk knowing it could get me killed." Raven spun, her white dress flowed elegantly with her as he pulled her into his embrace.

"Yes, I was wondering that." Raven answered. "So tell me Angel, is this some scheme to get secret werewolf information? Are you trying to kidnap me to force our surrender? What's your game?" She questioned. "Why would you put everything at risk just to dance with me?" His game? This is no game. There is no strategy at play here. Still his answer to her question, it was a natural response.

"You are everything," Angel stared deep into her breathtaking eyes. Raven took a small step away from him. His answer, it was as if she were trying to fathom the words. Perhaps, he came on too strong. "I ugh," He rubbed the back of his neck. "Forgive me, I said too much." He turned his back to her. "Anyway, it was nice meeting you Raven but I should-,"

"Stop," Raven placed her hand on his shoulder. "You've done nothing to apologize for." She walked in front of him. "What you said before," She placed her warm hands inside his. "It was perfect." She smiled up at him. "Though, if you knew me, you'd know I have no right to hear those words." A tear started to form in her eyes, Raven was trying hard to fight it. "I'm nothing," She rolled her hand up into a tight fist. "If you were smart, you'd run away from me." Raven looked up at him. "Trust me when I say this, you can't save me." The tears she fought so hard to keep inside began to flee from her eyes. "I'm beyond saving at this point."

"I'm not here to be your knight in shining armor." Angel ran his finger along her face wiping away the tears. "I couldn't even begin to do such a thing when I can't even save myself. The truth is," He pulled her into his embrace. "You are the one who is saving me."

"You must think I'm weak," Raven wiped the tears from her eyes. "I can't believe I cried. I swear I don't normally show such-,"

"Strength," Angel finished for her. "You're mistaken, those tears are a sign of strength. I envy them," He ran his finger through her alluring black hair. "If I were allowed one request. It would be to be able to shed tears like those. I would give anything for that." He took her into his embrace. The second she fell into his embrace, the tears Raven fought so hard to contain broke out. He was flattered that out of all the shoulders she could have chosen to shed these tears, she chose his. "You're so strong Raven," He wrapped his arms around her. "You have no idea how much strength you possess. It's even greater than my own."

"I'm sorry," Raven wiped her eyes. "It's just this whole thing with Lycan. It's been burrowing up inside me. It's like no matter what I do or how hard I try to break free of him. He always finds a way to keep me-,"

"Trapped," Angel finished. "It's the same for me." He placed his hand on her waist while they slow-danced. "My fiance Blaire, I didn't want to propose to her. I don't have feelings for her. She means nothing to me and yet." He closed his eyes. "None of that seems to matter. I feel so trapped like I'm stuck inside this cage. The only thing I want is to be-,"

"Free," Raven finished. "I would give anything just to have that steel cage opened. To be able to fly into the arms of someone who," She stared deep into his eyes. "Understands." Angel knew his intentions were wrong but selfishly he wanted to. He slowly brought his lips closer to hers. The closer he got, the more he longed for their lips to connect to be allowed this one kiss.

The second Angel's lips got a taste of her black cherry lips. He couldn't help but to savor it. Her kiss cleansed him of the sorrow that ate away at him. She gave him strength instead. Something Angel thought was lost to him forever. This beautiful raven, he would try to deny it but there was no mistake. This raven had flown into the deepest reaches of his chest and had stolen his heart with a kiss...

"How unfortunate," The crimson haired woman watched over the Lunar Ball from the second floor. She wore a solid white dress and long black heeled boots that went to her thigh. On her right thigh was the tattoo of a "P" written in cursive. She wore black frame glasses to conceal her eyes from these naive beasts. Her dark green eyes took sight of a werewolf kissing a vampire. She ran her wicked tongue over her red lips in excitement. Very soon the hunt will begin. There's nothing more exciting to a predator than to seek out and destroy their prey. But first, she pushed the button on her spiked choker.

"My Lord, it is just as you predicted." She whispered into the mic. "A werewolf has indeed made contact with a vampire. I suppose contracts just don't hold up like they used to." She let out a sigh. "Would you like me to take care of it?" She picked her wine glass up off the balcony overlooking the ballroom. "I wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty for this one." She whisked the contents of her glass around.

"No," Her leader replied. "We will deal with this matter just as we always have." She took a drink from her wine glass. "The shadows have always been our ally. No sense blowing our cover, not when we've worked so hard to stay hidden." Fair enough, she took another drink. "Keep a close eye on them, we wouldn't want our love birds getting too comfortable."

"As you wish," She finished off her wine glass, setting it back on the balcony. Behind her rested a corpse of a vampire and the corpse of a werewolf. Both of their throats had been ripped out, their blood pouring out like a fountain. "This should be," She removed her glasses showing off her menacing red orange eyes. "Interesting." She licked the blood from her lips...

The slow music faded and their lips parted. Even after the kiss, Angel felt at peace and a smile began to form. He expected Raven to be upset, to punch him even. She belonged to Lycan, he shouldn't have kissed her. Instead of anger, there was only silence. Her cheeks turned a bit red as she half smiled at him. But then that smile started to break as the realization struck.

"We ugh," Raven put her hand on her lips. "We kissed." She pointed out. "That shouldn't have happened." She began to break free of his arms. "I can't believe that I just kissed you. You're a vampire and I'm a-," She took a deep breath. "This is a mistake, I should go, I should really go." She went to walk away from him. In her haste to flee, her heel snagged her dress and caused her to trip.

"Careful," Angel used his supernatural speed to catch her before she fell. The near fall caused her hair to move to the side. Once it did, he got a glimpse of the tattoo that rested on the back of her neck. This tattoo is the exact same as Ziek's. This served as his family's crest if that's the case then. -It's her!- "You ugh," He forced a swallow. "Snagged your ugh-," He pointed at her dress. "About the kiss, I know that I shouldn't have-," He was prepared to apologize but she cut his words.

"Don't apologize for kissing me." Raven brushed her hair to the side. "I wanted you to kiss me. I know," She blushed slightly. "It was stupid for me to want that." She growled. "Why did I want that?" She rubbed her temples. "It was nice meeting you Angel but ugh," She stepped away from him. "I have to go."

"For what it's worth," Angel's lips formed a smile. "I wanted to kiss you too." He started to head back over to his side. It was then he felt her grab onto his arm. She forced him to turn around and the second he did. Raven pressed her lips against his. "I thought it was a mistake," Angel ran his fingers through the strands of her beautiful black hair. "Or are you thinking what I'm thinking?" He asked her.

"The only mistake I'm making," Raven ran her finger down his chest. "Is letting you walk away." She glanced up at him. "How about another dance?" She took his arm dragging him back to the dance floor. Now that Angel knew who she was. It made sense as to why he was drawn to her. She's his best friend Erika, the woman he and Ziek were searching for. It had been two years since he parted ways with her. He wondered if she still remembered him.

"This isn't fair," Raven's eyes lingered on the clock that rested on the wall. "The Lunar Ball will be over soon and for the first time tonight. I'm actually enjoying myself." It's a shame that one night is all he gets with her, it wasn't nearly enough.

There's so much, Angel wanted to tell her, so many feelings he was scared to share with her as a human. As a vampire, he felt stronger, he didn't feel the need to hide. But even as a vampire, he still struggled to find the words. He hasn't changed.

"Angel," Raven wrapped her arms around him. "What if I told you there was a place we could go. A place where we could disappear and be together longer." Such a place exists, he wasn't sure how that was possible. Lycan would send his wolves to find her just like Blaire would send vampires to find him. There's nowhere they could hide from them. "If there is a place where we could hide, would you go with me?"

"If a place like that existed," Angel ran his finger through her hair. "I would go with you and not think twice about it." He answered. "I will take whatever time I can get with you. Even if it's only a couple of minutes more. It's worth the risk." He stared deep into her eyes. "You are everything to me."

"Come with me," Raven took his hand. The two of them sneaked past the werewolves and to the double doors. His cell phone started to vibrate. Out of habit, Angel took his phone out and checked the notification. At the same time, Raven checked her phone, her phone must have gone off too. "It's Lycan," He checked the message on his phone. It was from Blaire.

"After this song, meet up at the exit doors for a headcount. Don't be late, ten minutes." It was a group text sent to everyone in his team. If they were going to leave, they had to leave now. He went to use a curse to break the lock on the door but the lock was already broken. Strange, someone else must have broken it.

"We should hurry," Raven put her phone away. He felt the warmth of her hand take his and together they left the Lunar Ball...

"Jay," Claire searched for her date everywhere. He told her he was going to the bathroom but he never came back. How long does it take for one guy to take a leak? Surely he was done by now. This song was her favorite song and the last song of the night. She wanted to dance to it but she didn't want to do it alone. "Jayson," She grabbed him, pulling him away from the three werewolf women that were massaging his muscles. "Where's Jay?"

"How the hell should I know?" He asked, wiping the pink lipstick off his face. "It's not my job to look after him. Besides," He crossed his arms. "I'm kind of in the middle of something here." He motioned to the women who were eager to have him back. "If I'm lucky," He brought his lips to her ear. "One of these women might go with me to my cave tonight."

"What lie did you-," Claire rubbed her temples. He was already giving her a massive headache. "Know what," She patted him on the shoulder. "Forget I asked," She left Jayson to his werewolf women and resumed her search for Jay. She still couldn't believe he ditched her after he promised her a night full of dancing. That's it when she finds him, she's going to give him a serious lecture. This will not go unpunished.

"Alejandro," Claire started to walk over to him but stopped herself. He can't tell her where Jay is. He doesn't even talk but if anyone knows where to find him. It would be Alejandro. He's the closest Jay has to a father. He could at least point her in the right direction. "Look I know you're not big on words but I was wondering." She scooted her blue heel across the ground. "You haven't seen Jay around have you?" Alejandro shook his head at her slowly. "You don't know where he is?" She let out a sigh. "He's like your son, isn't it like your job to keep tabs on him and stuff like that?" He didn't respond. Claire went to leave but stopped herself before she did.

"Wait a sec," Claire turned to face him. "I bet you know where he is and you are choosing not to tell me." She crossed her arms at him. "Is that it?" Alejandro nodded his head up and down slowly. "Why not?" He raised his brow. "Right, you don't talk, that's why you won't tell me. Can you at least-," He shook his head. "Well, thanks for nothing." He gave her a thumbs up. She walked away continuing her search for Jay.

As her search carried on, the ballroom began to get more crowded. Especially when Claire started to check the dance floor for him. At this point, she was willing to accept that maybe Jay was dancing with another woman. She wasn't happy about the thought but at least if that was the case. She'd at least know where he is. However as she checked Claire kept getting pushed around by couples until she somehow ended up on the vampire side of the ballroom.

"Shit," Claire made haste trying to get back to the proper side. In her rush. She crashed into a man who was built like a damn wall. The impact caused him to spill his drink all over his dress shirt. "I'm really sor-," She cut her words after she realized just who she was talking to. This vampire, he's the exact same vampire that attacked her in the woods.

"It's you," The man threw his glass down and grabbed her by her throat. "Oh, I'm going to enjoy snapping your tiny little neck like a twig." He gripped tighter on her throat. "You murdered my sister and for that you will pay with your life." Claire sunk her claws into her skin, coating them with her acidic blood. Once she did, she jammed her claws into his hand making him release her. "You bitch," He gripped his bleeding hand. He grabbed her arm, the second he did Claire spun positioning her claws over his heart. He prepared to crush her with a bear hug.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Claire brought her claws closer to his heart. "You crush me, my claws go directly into your heart. We both die." She explained. "It's your move vampire, you didn't honestly think you'd be able to best me a second time did you?"

"Bitch," He snarled. "Don't think this is over." He glared into her eyes. "You murdered my sister." He tightened his hand into a fist. Claire rolled her eyes at him. She can't believe he thought she killed his sister. That wasn't even the case.

"Read my lips asshole," Claire pointed at her lips. "I," She paused. "Did," She paused again. "Not," She raised her voice. "Kill," She paused. "Your," She paused once more. "Sister." Claire finished. "You have to be the dumbest vampire I have ever met." She went to leave but stopped herself. Not yet, she was upset, furious and it was time somebody felt that anger. She had a few choice words for this vampire.

"Here's a thought," Claire turned around. "Perhaps maybe it was your sister's fault she got killed. We are at war," She approached him. "She stepped into our territory." She pointed at herself. "If she was killed because of it then I fail to see how this makes it our fault. She knew the risks of entering our forest yet she chose to do it anyway." He tightened his hand into a fist. Claire wasn't finished with him yet.

"Secondly," Claire held up two fingers. "You were in that forest with her," She pointed at him. "Which means you could have protected her." She pointed at him again. "You failed to do so. So instead of blaming us for doing what we were told to do." Claire crossed her arms. "You could take responsibility for your own actions." She walked away from him.

"Hey what's your name?" He yelled at her.

"My name's Claire," She answered. "Now if you'll excuse me. The last song of the night just ended and I got to return to my pack." She turned around heading back to the werewolf side of the ballroom. She felt so much better after letting out some of her frustration.

"Well Claire," He called out, she turned around. "I got something for ya." He flipped her off. "The name's Brandon, remember it well bitch." She rolled her eyes as he returned to his fellow vampires. The last song of the night ended. Which meant Claire had to join up with Nightshade at the exit like Lycan texted. When she got there, Jay was already at the exit. "Hey Jay how's it going?" Claire punched his arm as hard as she could.

"Ou." Jay rubbed his arm. "What was that for?" He continued to rub his arm. "I told you I had to go to the bathroom." Claire shot an evil glare at him. "I'm serious, that's where I was I promise."

"You promise," Claire's anger continued to fume. "Kind of like you promised me a night full of dancing." She pointed out. "You ditched me in the middle of a dance. You were gone for over an hour. I even checked the bathroom. You weren't there Jay so lie to me again." She growled. "I dare you," She showed him her claws.

"Okay, okay, you got me," Jay put his hands up. "I wasn't in the bathroom." He confessed. "I was in the bushes outside. There was something I had to take care of and the bathrooms were full and I sort of," He blushed. "I had to um," He gulped. "Please don't make me say it, it's embarrassing." Jayson busted out laughing.

"It was the moon wasn't it?" Jayson pointed at Jay. "I knew it, the moon increased your attraction to Claire. You got turned on and it was so bad, you had to go to the bushes to-," He laughed harder. "Kill the mood." Jayson fell over clenching his gut. "I knew this would happen, complete control, my ass. The moon made you her bitch." Jay's cheeks turned dark red. "This is priceless," He wiped tears from his eyes.

"Is that true?" Claire asked. "You got turned on and," Jay nodded. "Okay see if you had just told me that. I wouldn't have been upset." She explained. "I would much rather you be honest with me than lie to me."

"Like I could tell you that I was going to the bushes to-." Jay's cheeks reddened. "No, I would much rather you think I was cheating on you or dancing with another woman. Anything but what was actually happening. It's embarrassing," He hid his face. "I thought I was in complete control of my hormones but then out of nowhere. Everything went haywire and next thing I know I was thinking about dragging you into the bushes and." He gulped. "Let's just say if I didn't do what I did, neither of us would have walked out a virgin." Jay scooted his foot across the ground. "I'm glad Alejandro came up with the idea to give me a cup of ice water and point me in the direction of the bushes. Otherwise, I would still be in line waiting to use the bathroom. Also," He put his hands in his pockets. "There was something else that I had to deal with and I'll explain later."

"I'm holding you to that." Claire pointed at him. "I want to know everything down to ice water." Jay blushed. "Okay maybe not that far, I think I know what the ice water was for but you get my point." Jay nodded.

"You know," Jayson moved closer to Jay. "There is another and more fun way to deal with that problem." He added. "It's simple you just," He started to make gestures. Lycan showed up and cleared his throat. "Leader Lycan," He jumped. "See ugh, I was just explaining to Jay that he could ugh," Lycan's eyes glared into his.

"Say another word and I'll rip out your throat." Lycan threatened, Jayson stepped back and got in line with the rest of Nightshade. "Let's see," He began counting each and every member of the pack. "I count five, every pack should have six members so tell me." He put his hands behind his back. "Where is my bride to be?"

"You mean Raven," Jayson's eyes searched around for her. "I don't know," Lycan struck him with a powerful backhand that knocked him to his knees. "What the fuck," He wiped the blood from his lip. "You never told us to babysit her. It's not my job to look after your future wife." Lycan struck him again, knocking him on his back.

"No," Lycan growled. "Your job is to do whatever I tell you to do." He walked up to his pack. "I would think that it would be a given to look after my bride. Especially when we are supposed to wed right after the ball. So I'll ask again," Lycan stood in front of Jay. "Where is my bride to be?" The tracker gulped. "You'd best answer me or you'll end up like him." He pointed at Jayson who was still fighting to get back on his feet.

"Leader Lycan," Jay held his hands up in surrender. "If I had known that she would-," Lycan struck him with a backhand. The impact, so great, Jay's body flew into a table and broke it. He tried to get back up but couldn't.

"Let's try this again." Lycan stood in front of Claire. "You are her sister so if anyone can shed some light on this situation. I'd expect it to be you." He smirked. "I'm not wrong am I?" She gulped. "We both know how I hate being wrong." He grabbed her by her throat bringing her closer. "Tell me, where is my bride to be?"

Claire wanted to answer him but she had no idea where to find her sister. She had a hunch but, it was just a hunch and if she told him. She would sell out the only hiding spot her and her sister had. They promised never to tell anyone about it. She couldn't tell him. Besides, even if she did, Lycan would hurt Raven when he found her. She had to protect her sister even if it meant being struck by Lycan.

"I don't know," Claire answered. She braced herself for the impact but before he could hit her. Jay jumped in the way. Lycan hit him so hard, he could barely move. His body crashed into the punch bowl shattering it. "Jay," She rushed over to help him but. Lycan grabbed her by the arm and threw her clear across the room.

"Stop it," Jay got in front of Lycan just before he was about to hit Claire again. "Don't hit her," He wiped his blood from his lip. "Hit me instead." He offered. "It's my fault, I'm the tracker, if anyone should have kept an eye on Raven. It should have been me so please hit me instead." It was clear, he could barely stand yet he still wanted to protect her. "I can't let you hurt her Leader Lycan."

"Very well," Lycan withdrew his claws and slashed Jay across the face. Jay let out a loud scream placing his hand on the side of his face. Claire could see blood gushing from the wound covering Jay's hand. "Let that be a lesson for the next time you decide to protect her." Jay fell to his knees trying to endure the pain.

"Jay, don't worry, I'll take care of it." Claire crouched down beside him. She quickly cut her hand with her claws. "It's going to be alright, just let me have a look." Jay removed his hand from his face revealing four deep claw marks across his cheek. "Hold still," She went to use her blood to heal the wound but Lycan grabbed her hand.

"Don't heal him," Lycan glared at her. "He has work to do." He released Claire's hand. "Find her," He ordered, Jay nodded. "Both of you." He glanced over at Jayson. He nodded. "Do not return to camp until you've found her." The twins rushed out of the ballroom and began their search for Raven.

"Alejandro," Lycan struck him with a backhand, he turned his head taking the hit like it was nothing. "Take Claire back to camp. I have business to attend to." He started to leave. "Oh and if the twins come back without Raven. I wouldn't want to be her sister," His eyes shifted to Claire. "Rest assured, the tracker won't save you again. If he does," Lycan turned his focus to Alejandro. "I will show him no mercy. I suggest you ensure that he doesn't. I wouldn't want to end up killing him by accident." Alejandro replied with a nod. He placed his hand behind Claire's back and walked her out of the ballroom.

Claire could not comprehend why her sister would leave the ball. This wasn't like her, she wasn't the type to run away. Even if she was the type, she couldn't picture her sister leaving her behind. The last time they spoke, Raven intended to marry Lycan and surrender. Whatever possessed her sister to leave the ballroom was beyond her. It was also going to be the first thing she asked her about if she was found...

Once, the last song of the night ended. Selene met up with the team at the exit. Blaire was nowhere in sight. Her cell phone went off and she checked the message. It was text from Blaire, the text read.

"I will be at the castle preparing for the wedding. I'm leaving you in charge of the head count and be sure Angel is one of them. If he's not, there will be consequences and everyone will be held accountable. Including you. Our friendship only goes so far. Remember that."

"Great," Selene let out a deep sigh. "Looks like I'm on Angel duty." She put her phone away. "Ziek," She glanced over at him. He was standing next to her holding her hand. "We're the only ones here, help me find others will you."

"On it," Ziek kissed her cheek. "Don't forget you still owe me a present." She smirked. "Hey, I won the trophy remember, you owe me, Brandon said," She chuckled. "What's so funny, come on, I won."

"Did you win?" Selene asked. "Last I checked you gave the win to the werewolves which means no present for you." She poked his nose. "I guess, you're stuck with a cold shower." She teased, Ziek lowered his head in defeat. "Unless," She held up one finger. "You find Angel, then I'll not only reward you but give you a chance to go on a date with me."

"Rest assured, I'll find him." Ziek took off heading in the direction of the men's bathroom. Now then, who else might know where Angel is? Selene crossed her arms. Brandon, he'd know where to find him. She walked off to find her brother.

"Hey brother," Selene walked up to Brandon. He was at the bowl of blood finishing off what's left of it. He was holding the fancy bowl in his hands drinking from it like it was a giant cup. "Seriously?" She raised her brow. "Who drinks that much blood?"

"I do, I got to splurge a little." Brandon burped. "That's good stuff, free blood is free blood gotta drink it when you can." He threw the punch bowl on the ground, the glass bowl broke leaving glass all over the floor. "What's up sis?"

"When Liley decides to kill you, I'm just going to sit back and watch." Selene joked. "She spent a ton of money getting this event together and you're over here just breaking her shit," She let out a sigh. "What am I going to do with you?"

"Hey, don't blame me, look over there." Brandon pointed in the direction of a broken chair and two broke tables. "Blaire started it, she's the one who started breaking shit, so I decided that I was going to break shit because breaking shit is what i do. Nobody beats me at that, It's my thing. I gotta do my thing Selene," She rolled her eyes.

"Okay, I'll just cut to the chase then," Selene grabbed a chair and sat in it with her legs crossed. "Where's Angel?" Brandon punched a wall creating a crater in it. The impact so loud it startled her.

"Oh sorry," Brandon laughed. "I couldn't hear you," He apologized. "Try asking that one more time."

"Where's-," Selene's words were cut off by Brandon punching the wall again. He's doing this on purpose to avoid the question. He knows damn well what she's asking. Which means he knows where Angel is and is refusing to tell her. She popped her knuckles. Guess, it's time to kick some Brandon ass. "I'll ask you one more time, where is-," Brandon punched the wall again and took off running. "That's it," She took off her high heels. She threw one of her heels at the back of Brandon's head. Before he could get out the door, she caught his arm catching him in an arm bar. "Talk, where is Angel, I know you know where he is." She kept twisting his arm attempting to break it, his diamond armor is weak in the joints making it easier for her to break. It's one of his weaknesses that only Selene knew about. Once the armor was gone, his arm would snap like a twig.

"Selene, Selene, Selene, let go off my arm," Brandon kept trying to move toward a chair. "I said, let go of my mother fucking arm." He ran like a wild bull using his tremendous strength to drag her across the dance floor. Still, Selene refused to let go. "That's my jerk off arm,"

"Good then you won't mind me breaking it." Selene yelled. "Where is he?" Brandon picked up a piece of broken glass from the punch bowl and stabbed her in the leg. She screamed and released his arm. "I'm going to kill you for that." She ripped the glass out of her leg and chased after him. She picked one of her high heels off the floor and began beating Brandon with it. "Where the fuck," She kept hitting him with her heel. "Is he Brandon?" She threw her heel at his face.

"Okay, Okay, I'll tell you." Brandon held his hands up in surrender. "But first," He gulped. "Bro Code," He started running from her. Selene chased after him and tackled him to the ground. "I have to protect my-," He began crawling away. "Bro,"

"You can protect him after I break your fucking leg." Selene grabbed his ankle and twisted it as he crawled away. He kept screaming in pain. The diamond armor protecting his joints had weakened due to the pressure. "Where is he?"

"Bros don't snitch on Bros, Bros don't snitch on Bros." Brandon repeated these words like it was some sort of motivational phrase. "Break my leg, I'll use crutches. You evil bitch." He challenged.

"Selene," Ziek ran outside. He must have overheard what was happening between her and her brother. "Don't break his leg," He reasoned. "Just let him go and I'll handle it. He'll talk to me after all," He crouched down looking at Brandon. "We are bros right?" He smiled, Brandon nodded and Selene let go of his leg. The second Selene let go, Brandon took off running trying to get as far from her as he could. "I'll deal with him when we get back to the castle. If he knows where Angel is he'll tell me."

"He better or I'll break your leg instead." Selene threatened. Scythe and Fate rushed outside. They must overheard as well, were they really that loud? "Please tell me you were able to find him? The last thing I need right now is Blaire trying to destroy the castle because she was left at the altar."

"He's not inside," Fate answered. "We've looked everywhere the ballroom is empty." He shrugged. Jayden came outside. "Well, any luck?"

"No but, I might have a solution," Jayden offered. "Okay Angel is leaving Blaire at the altar which means he's not marrying her today. But the wedding is set up right?" He shrugged. "What if I show up as the groom and marry her instead. It'll work right?"

"I admire your courage," Fate placed his hand on his heart. "It takes a real man to sacrifice himself to the spawn of Satan herself. If only we could offer you to her as a sacrifice but sadly the creature has taste but. I do like your idea." He added. "Ziek, it falls on you buddy," He placed his hand on Ziek's shoulder. "You've got to take one for your fellow man and go out there and marry that ugly ass bitch. She will be cruel, she will be angry and you might want to scratch out your eyes from looking at her hideous face but. For the honeymoon," He smirked. "I'll be sure to leave a paper sack so you can put it over her face. That's what friends are for,"

"I'm not marrying Blaire, are you out of your mind?" Ziek yelled. "I'd rather have my dick chopped off and fed to wolves. No way, I'm not doing that. I have commitment issues. For once, I'm glad I do. Besides, what would make you think she'd want to marry me?" He placed his hand on his chest. "She hasn't even shown any interest in me."

"You're Ziek, she doesn't have to." Fate argued. "Besides, all you've got to do is shake your dick at her. It's like a Blaire mating call, it'll work. Just give her a taste, that's all. You'll be doing us all a favor. Think about all of the men whose lives you just saved by marrying that demon. Do it for them, be that sacrifice I believe in you."

"Dude, she's not my type." Ziek answered. "Selene's my type," He motioned to Selene. "I'm dating her, I'm fucking her, if anybody is getting a mating call from me. It's her, she gets all of it." He explained. "Know why she's my type, check this out." He cleared his throat. "Selene, what would you do if I showed you a wedding ring and proposed to you?"

"If you show me a ring," Selene grabbed him by his shirt. Her pale blue eyes formed a menacing glare looking directly into Ziek's eyes. It didn't take long for his entire body to shiver in fright. "I'll show you my fist." She warned then she released him.

"See," Ziek pointed at her. "She gets me."

"It's possible Angel went on ahead," Scythe replied. "We should check the castle to be sure." Selene let out a sigh. Scythe had a point. There's not many places Angel could go. He had to be at the castle somewhere. He better be at least or Blaire's going to be pissed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

437 5 32
When a girl falls in love with a vampire, he helps her defeat her thrilling ancestor who is killing others, who is on the verge to do anything to pro...
426 98 56
They say all is fair in love and war. I've seen both and have yet to see anything fair. Join Wren as she battles for acceptance and her place in the...
1.3K 23 11
It's three hearts beating as one. Mythical creatures. Murders. Fantasy. Blood-thirsty. Love.
113K 1K 24
Formally: I'm a Vampire he's a Werewolf and yes were twins. Years ago there was a mysterious murder. A young girl surrounded by animals all drained o...