Remember When...(TM,DLG)•CTE...

By Zazzleezz

Remember when the memories didn't mean more than they were supposed to. Remember when the past didn't weigh i... More

Remember When...(TM,DLG)
Chapter 1: Behind Backs
Chapter 2: Thomas
Chapter 3: Mysteries
Chapter 4: Solved Problems and Dramas
Chapter 5: Revenge
Chapter 6: There Will Be No Christmas
Chapter 7: Family Situations
Chapter 8: Tragedies
Chapter 9: Didn't Want To Remember
Chapter 10: I Still Love You
Chapter 11: Dramatic & Jealousy
Chapter 12: Don't Cry Darling
Chapter 14: Awkward Situations
Chapter 15: Trusting You With Her Heart
Chapter 16: Letting Go Because I Love You
Chapter 17: Main Story
Chapter 18: Forgivable?
Chapter 19: Panic
Chapter 20: Back and Forth

Chapter 13: Shattered Hearts

161 7 2
By Zazzleezz

*Amber*

I can't believe I said that. I can't believe it happened. Oh my god, it just did. Maybe we can just forget about it, and move on. Then again, we have Andy being paranoid with the friendship, so I can't really move on from that situation.

Unless I know how I want to be with.

I don't know if the argument is going to cloud my judgment for my choice.

I was watching Frozen with Abaigael, and she just looked at me. Her light brown eyes filled with curiosity, and I just smiled at her.

"What happened to Aunt Tatum?" Abaigael asked, and I didn't know how to respond. She's too young to know about this stuff.

"Aunt Tatum and Brandon are having problems, and I'm in the middle of it," I say, and she hugs me. Her arms try to squish my neck, and she just sighs.

"Monkey in the middle thought me that the middle person is the one that works hard," she says, and I never knew she could be so uplifting. Like I never thought of this when I was 3.

"Sometimes the ones in the middle looses too," I say as I look at the digital clock near the TV.

9:30 P.M.

Oh no, this is going to upset her. 

Bedtime.

"Abaigael, we have to continue Frozen in your room," I say, and she groans.

"Why?!" Abaigael starts whining, and I just didn't want to feel like the bad guy here.

"Because if your dad knows that we're up this late, he'll never let us watch Frozen again. Let's go," I say, turning off Netflix.

She gets off the couch, and she drags her way upstairs. Mitchell and Bailey went out somewhere, and Andy did too. He's still upset of the arguement, but I just don't know what I could do about it. He's over there, and I'm here with Abaigael, taking her to her room.

"Can I change into my Pj's?" she asked, and I nodded. She just stared at me, patiently.

"What?" I asked, and she just sighed in annoyance.

"I could do this on my own," she groaned, and I chuckled. Oh my sassy Abaigael, too sassy for her age.

"Okay, I'll be in the kitchen. Call me back when you need anything," I giggle, and I go downstairs to prepare a cup of tea.

I need to relax from this madness going on today. I walk in the kitchen, and I start heating up my water. I craved popcorn, but it will just ruin my appetite.

"Aunt Amber!" Abaigael shouted, and I just chuckled to myself. If Mitchell was here, he would just be mad for doing that.

"Yes, Abaigael?" I asked, and I heard her come back downstairs. I just start getting the materials that I need to make my tea.

"Can I have some hot chocolate?" she asked with an innocent smile.

I scanned her outfit, and it was adorable. Although, she had her shirt inside out and her pants backwards, her bunny slippers were okay. I started laughing, and she crossed her arms at me. "What?" she asked, and I went to her. I chuckle as I kneal down.

"Abaigael, your shirt is inside out, and your pants are backwards. Fix your pijamas, and I'll bring your hot chocolate," I say, and she went back upstairs.

I grab to mugs. One was with flowers and crowns having "Princess" on it, and mine was just a MCR mug. Plain and simple me. I drop my tea bag before I pour the hot water, and I put 2 tablespoons of Abaigael's favorite chocolate powder mix. I pour the hot water, mix it, and I then add the milk...

-

She's deeply asleep. I put the blankets on her, and I take her empty cup. I turn off the TV, and turn off the lights. I leave her room, and I just glance at her one last time. I go downstairs to go in the kitchen, and I put the cups in the sink. I grabbed a bottle of water before I went upstairs, and I hear noise before I even open the fridge. Nope! Not again. They're not taking me this time. I walk around the corner fearlessly, and I bump into someone. I scream. I did not expect them to bump into me, and I feel him grabbing my arms. I can't get his grip off me, then he spins me to have his arms around me.

"Yo! Chill, Amber," I hear Brandon chuckle, and he let me go. I punched him in the  arm as hard as I could.

"Brandon! This isn't funny. Abaigael is upstairs sleeping," I say as I went back to go check up on her. Her door was closed, so I opened it. She was okay. She was still asleep because she would have to take another watch of Frozen.

Brandon was outside the room, and he just smiled at me. I couldn't stand being mad at him for a long time though, so I just smiled at him back. His smile just felt like he brought me to life, and I felt my cheeks turn warm.

"Sorry, I scared you. I just really need to talk to you," he explained softly, and I nodded as in "I understand".

"Want anything to drink?" I ask, and he just shrugged. We went back down stairs, and we just returned to the kitchen. I don't know, maybe, I did have feelings for him after all.

"Got Jack Daniels?" he asked, and I chuckled. Of course, he'd ask that, and I would crave some Jack Daniels at this moment.

"Yeah. I don't think Andy would mind if we take some," I lie because he would be pissed after today. I get some glasses to pour some for both of us.

I hand him his glass, and he takes a sip.

"Guess what?" he asked, and I took a sip of my drink. That sour taste was going to me numb myself out, and I was ready for it. 

"Does it have to do with Tatum?" I asked, and he nodded. "Hold on." I grabbed more whiskey into my glass. He chuckled, and I just put it down. "As you were saying," I say as I took a sip of my glass. He just looked really gloomy, and I didn't know what to do about it. He was good at hiding feelings, but this is something really hurting him.

"She left me. Her stuff isn't there," he says, and I just took a large swallow of this whiskey. Although he needed it, I took the sip. For guiltiness!

"Brandon, I'm so sorry," I say, and he takes a sip. He just scratches his head, and he just looks really uncomfortable.

"That's not the only thing that bothers me. Andy called me today, and said that you haven't moved on from me," he said so confidently, and I just looked away. I tapped my nails on the table, and I look back at him. He was waiting for an answer, but it's not the one he is expecting for me to give.

"Whatever he said he was lying. He was trying to win our arguement," I say, and he chuckled.

"That you started," he snapped, and I just slammed my fist on the table.

"You don't just go into someone's room, and start accusing them of being in love with your ex. So if I started it, that was bullshit," I tell him off, and Brandon just looked at me. I snapped in front of him, and he wasn't expecting him. He just took a quick sip.

"I'm sorry I brought it up," he muttered in guilt, and he took a sip of his whiskey.

"If he wants my trust, maybe he should stop accusing me of shit, you know?" I took a gulp out of my drink. This really stressed me out. I noticed that I almost finished my glass.

"Maybe, you should tell him off. Tell him how you feel," he suggested, and he was right. I grabbed my phone, and I dialed his number. All I need was him to answer.

"Hey Amber, I'm really glad that Brandon had to tell you. I couldn't tell you myself," I hear Andy say, and I was confused. Brandon was just waiting for me, but I didn't know.

"Tell me what?" I asked, and there was plain silence. It scared the fuck out of me that Brandon had to tell me, but he didn't.

"So Brandon didn't tell you?" he asked back, and Brandon walked to me.

He took my phone and looked at me straight in the eyes. His brown eyes made me want to melt, and I look at his lips. I just want to kissed them right now, but I hold myself back. Amber! Priorities!

"You need to hear this from him, not from me," he says, and he deepens his voice. I nod at his explanation, so I retrieve my phone back.

"Andy, whatever you have to say, just say it," I say, and I hear him sigh. It sounded really stressed, so I assume it wasn't going to be pretty.

"You were right. Why should I cry for something I'm not fighting for? I can tell you still had feelings for Brandon, and I understand. The memories were back, and you remembered every single thing that I did and what Brandon did. I knew that you and Brandon deserve each other, and I'm not going to be the thing stopping you from being happy," Andy explained, and I just didn't know how to feel.

It was just shocking and surprising that he was saying this. He wouldn't say this. Not unless he's drunk, but he doesn't sound drunk.

"Andy, are you breaking up with me?" I say as I feel my heart shattering.

There was no word for me to describe what I feel. I feel like I didn't do my best loving him, and he has to move on because of me. I feel like he depended on the past than what was going on in front of him. This is not it.

"Amber, we weren't even together. I'm sorry," I hear him say one last time before the conversation ended. I just stood there, in shock, with no other words to say. Is this a dream?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

540K 8.6K 82
You really think you know the full story? You may think you do, but you don't. There's a fine line between love and hate, of course there is... there...
107K 1.5K 36
Life gave me another chance with him and all i'm going to do is break his heart. What would you do if life suddenly gave you another chance to be wi...
353K 4.7K 15
" Leave me Tristen " I yelled in pain as he kept his hold tight on my arm. His face was inch away from mine " You are mine . I won't leave you not to...
3.8K 66 16
"we made a promise, remember?"