Lover Of Mine (paused)

By Remuslupinisking

Darling, that you will stay Butterfly lies Chase them away Hmm Dance around the living room Lose me in the si... More

Cast
Aesthetics
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15.1
15
16

4

6.1K 118 30
By Remuslupinisking

1x4 Girl Meets Father

Everleigh and Reggie meet the dance 

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3by8n16DG0Ykm0lN4SUU4Z?si=e5a176ca0d7e4091

Everleigh, Reggie and Farkle stood at the girl's locker, she ran her brushed her brush through her hair.

Farkle sighed "I don't know who I'm asking to the dance" Everleigh gave the light brunette a gentle smile "Just ask Riley and Maya, they'll say yes" 

"But that will never work, Leigh" 

Everleigh smirked placing her hand on his shoulder "You underestimate me and yourself Minkus, I'm sure you'll think of something" Farkle nodded with determination and walked away. 

Reggie looked at his best friend "You just have to keep making him more of an evil genius don't you" Everleigh titled her head with a smile, sucking her teeth "Somebody has a to help him" he nodded and threw his arm around her. 

Reggie and Everleigh walked until they stood next to Riley and Maya, Farkle popped up out of nowhere and neither of his best friends questioned how he did it. 

"Ladies" the short brunette flirted "Farkle" the best friends chorused 

"School dance, I'm gonna put you both down for dance numbers, one through all of them." Everleigh and Reggie smirked at each other. 

"We will alternate, you and me, me and you. When are not dancing with me, you may not dance with anyone else. You may sit and wait until you dance with me again" 

"Yeah none of this happening" Maya informed the genius 

"Oh, well, then may i have one dance with each of you?" he questioned hopeful 

"Sure" Riley smiled 

"Ha! That's all i wanted you just got played by Farkle" the three best friends smirked at each other before Farkle walked away.

"Hey Guys" Everleigh smiled "Hi Luca" Everleigh hugged the boy who returned, they ignored Riley's 'glare' before they pulled away. 

"Lucas!" Riley greeted 

"Hand" she lowered it 

"Lucas!" 

"Grown-up voice" 

"Lucas Hello" Riley lowered her voice to be 'flirty' 

Everleigh rolled her eyes but laughed silently 

"And we're gone" Reggie grabbed the brunette beauty's hand and pulled her with him "See you guys in history" 

Matthews' Family Apartment 

Reggie and Everleigh sat on the living room floor doing glass painting's with Newspaper underneath as Riley walked into the room.

"Mom can i ask you a question" 

"You can ask me a question" Auggie said cutely 

"It's a girl thing Auggie" Riley tried to shoot him down gently 

"You think i don't know about girls" Auggie sassed making Everleigh giggle as she dipped her paintbrush in red paint. 

"He Does" 

"Okay I'm at a certain age" Auggie cut her off "I don't care" he held up his hand 

Riley took Auggie's spot on the couch after he walked away "You're at a certain age" 

"You had to know this was going to happen" Riley smiled 

"I know a lot of things are going to happen, which one is this" Topanga questioned nervously 

"Makeup" 

"Oh good" Topanga said with relief 

"I can have some" Riley said with a smile 

"No" 

"Why Not, Everleigh wears it" Riley pointed at Everleigh who paid her no attention and without looking up said "Shawn and Mom gave it to me" Topanga looked at her youngest with a 'she's right' face nodding. 

"El's right, but you can't have it because makeup leads to other things that-" Riley cut her off 

"Then why can Everleigh have it, plus our first school dance is on Friday night" 

Topanga pointed at her oldest "El's more mature than you on some things, this is one of them-and we're there" 

"What's the difference between daytime makeup and nighttime makeup?" Riley asked 

"No difference...because you're not wearing any" Everleigh smirked as she finished up her painting. 

"What about when i do" Riley questioned as Everleigh watched Reggie do his painting 

"When we decide that you're at the right age to start wearing makeup-" Riley cut her off again "Friday" 

"No--You might find that you prefer a more natural look during the day, some woman prefer to go a bit bolder at night, you and El are not allowed to hang out with those women" Everleigh nodded her head from side to side. 

"I wanna paint my face!" Everleigh looked her twin dead in the eye "And that is exactly why you aren't allowed to have makeup" 

"Wait, the dance is  Friday" Topanga looked at Everleigh, who looked up from looking at her best friend and nodded her head. 

"You're doing that thing with your voice" Riley stated 

"But Friday is the last night for the Coney island cyclone" 

"But it's our first dance" 

"Doesn't matter" Reggie spoke up. Since they were little Cory made traditions with each of the kids and he always counted down the days for each one and Reggie and Everleigh had their own tradition as well and they do it every year. 

"And dad takes me to ride the roller coaster a bunch of times right?" Riley asked hopefully 

"Your father thinks of it as a tradition" 

"How bad is it" Riley asked 

"Your father thinks of each tradition as the reason he wakes up in the morning" 

"Well can't Everleigh take my place" Everleigh shook her head "It's not our tradition" 

"Maybe he won't remember this year" Riley Naively said 

"3,2,1" Everleigh counted down before Cory burst through the door. "Three days till cyclone day!" 

"When's my birthday" Topanga asked "A hundred forty-eight days from cyclone day" Cory answered in a duh tone. 

"Good Luck to you" Topanga smiled at the younger twin. 

"Daddy!" Auggie ran into the room "Auggie!" Cory picked him up "Hey! Tell me stuff" he placed Auggie on the dining table's bench. 

"Riley wants to wear makeup" Auggie informed. 

"Hey, ya little spy!" Riley exclaimed 

"Don't call him a spy, he is not a spy" 

"I am a spy, you and Evi made me a card" Auggie smiled. 

"All right he is a spy, and guess what? He's working for me and he just got promoted, Ever the card please" Cory smiled at his oldest. 

Everleigh smirked and stood up, walking towards her brother and dad she handed Cory the card who handed it to Auggie. 

Auggie gasped, putting his hands up in the air "Superspy" Everleigh giggled at her brother's cuteness. 

"Dad" 

"Yeah?" Cory questioned 

"Dad...?" Riley stood up from the couch, hugging him 

Everleigh watched with Amusement while Reggie capped the paint bottles before starting to take the paint palette towards Everleigh's bathroom to wash it, but paused at the hallway to watch the rest of the conversation unfold. 

"Hey, superspy, tell me stuff" Cory said to Auggie 

"Riley wants to go to the school dance on-" Auggie paused pointing to his oldest sister "Dun, Dun, Dun cyclone night" 

"Oh, wow. It's the same night? I understand" Everleigh smirked, she knew what was coming next. 

"I understand completely. I'm sorry you'll have to miss the dance" 

"Try again" Topanga told him, he turned to her and nodded before turning back to Riley. "I'm sorry you'll have to miss the dance." Cory looked at his wife "Nope, same thing" 

"But it's our first dance, dad" Riley pointed to the two other teens in the room. 

"OH!" He clutched at the side of his chest 

"Oh boy" Topanga and Everleigh sighed 

"No, no I'm down with this. Yeah I said that" Cory leaned towards his wife. 

"Dad when it comes to this stuff, I don't think there's anything you can teach me" Everleigh cringed at her sister's worlds 

"Oh Boy" Reggie and Topanga chorused

Cory groaned loudly, his other hand coming to clutch the other side of his chest. "I'm growing up dad." 

"Oh boy" 

"Goodbye!" Cory fell back 

"You're breaking him!" Auggie exclaimed "You were a great father to me when i was a kid" Everleigh and Reggie both glared at the younger brunette twin. 

While he was being dramatic, the best friends could tell he was genuinely hurt by her words. 

Cory sat back up "Don't take this the wrong way, dad but there's just some things that mom can naturally teach me" 

"Sexist" the best friends 'Coughed' 

"Like what do you know about makeup" Riley asked him 

"I know it's what you're going to have to do with me." Cory sadly said before getting up and walking away. 

"Dad!" Everleigh watched him walk away into his room before glaring at her twin sister "Nice job Riley!" she ran towards her parents room but stopped when she saw her dad laying sadly on his bed. 

"Dad" she called softly, inching into the room "Dad" she slowly crawled into the bed and laid next to her father, Cory looked towards his oldest and gave her a weak smile. "Dad, If it makes you feel any better, i'll never try to break our tradition" Cory gave her a happy smile and pulled her into his chest, before pressing a kiss to the crown of her head. 

"I know" he whispered 

🌎

"Friar, Farkle" Everleigh and Reggie walked in after Farkle "Ever" he smiled at his daughter "Reggie, Hart" Riley walked in "You"

"Dad, i didn't" Cory cut her off "Ferp!" 

"Okay" 

She took her seat, Daring to look back at her sister, who glared at her, Riley sighed looking back towards the front. 

"Well guys, iv'e got your test results on Darwin to give back to you. And, uh I'm pleased to see some of you have evolved since the last quiz" The class stayed silent. 

"HA!" Farkle said after looking around 

"Thanks Farkle" 

"Well, you were drowning, sir" Everleigh and Reggie nodded in agreement "You really were" 

"Ms. Hart" Cory handed her, her test 

"Mr. Friar, Nice work" 

"Mr. Reggie, Excellent" He smirked up at the teacher 

"Ms. Everleigh, Excellent as always" she smiled up at her dad 

"Mr. Farkle" 

"'A' number seven hundred, Huzzah!" Farkle blew a noisemaker 

"You" he handed Riley her test. 

"You Okay" Riley asked Maya and the two best friends saw that she was sat frozen and looked upset. 

"He gave me an 'F'" The two best friends furrowed their eyebrows and shared a look of confusion. Maya is incredibly smart so they were puzzled on how she got an F. 

"That's nuts, you're a solid 'd' student" Riley told her best friend. 

"Mr. Friar, I took particular note of your position that evolution does not preclude the existence of--how did you put it" 

"A guiding hand that has your best interest at heart" Lucas read of his test. 

Everleigh saw Maya raise her hand "Yes Ms. Hart" Cory said 

"You failed me" 

"Why don't we talk about this after class" Cory asked 

"What's there to talk about? You failed me, you think I'm a failure." She stood up and handed him her test back. 

"There's nothing more for you to teach me" Everleigh looked between the two of them sadly knowing that last Riley said the same thing to him and it hurt him. 

"Oh, come on! Both of you got to say that" 

Maya looked back at Everleigh and Reggie "I'm sorry Everleigh, Reggie" she walked towards the door. 

The two best friends shared a sad look, Maya had felt terrible that she wasted their time with helping her understand the assignments. 

"What, you mean i lost you both" Cory turned towards the door "Maya!" the blonde stopped and turned. 

"You do not walk out of here!" 

She walked 

Reggie, Everleigh and Reggie raised their hands. 

"Go" Cory said softly. 

The three of them walked out of the class and towards Maya. 

"Redecorating your locker" Riley asked as Maya cleaned out her locker. 

"Nope cleaning it out" 

"Maya you don't have to do this, we can help you" Reggie told the girl 

Maya wanted to stay and let the two help her, but she felt like there was no point, she was a failure and she'd just waste their time. 

"You guys want one, cause' it's the last one you're gonna get" Maya held out Cotton Candy sticks, Riley nodded as the two best friends shook their heads. 

Maya handed Riley her Cotton Candy, that she happily took. 

"Maya it's just one F" 

"It's not about the paper, Riley you're dad failed me" 

"Yeah, I know and I'm not going on the cyclone, I failed him" 

The two best friends rolled their eyes 'Leave it up to Riley to make somebody's problem or situation about herself' they both thought 

"Can't we just call it even" Riley asked 

"No we can just call it I'm leaving" Maya picked up her stuff 

"Maya i know you. You'll make a big deal about this, pretend to leave school forever, and you'll be back by gym class" Riley smiled 

"No this time i mean it" 

"All right Maya, I'll see you tomorrow." Riley mused thinking her best friend was bluffing while the other two best friends watched the blonde sadly knowing she meant it this time. 

"No, you won't" 

"You'll pick me up at 7:00" Riley smiled 

"I won't be there" Maya informed 

Everleigh's Bedroom

"She isn't coming back to school tomorrow, she feels like she'd just fail" Reggie said sadly 

"She looked so broken, when she got that test" Everleigh sighed sadly "She's smart we both know that, Maya listens to my dad when he teaches, I know she does, you know she does, and I know she hates hoping for things, but we can't let her give up hope on this" 

"So what do you want to do" Reggie questioned from sitting on her bed. Everleigh sighed running her hands through her hair before sitting down next to the boy, she looked at him. 

"There isn't anything we can do or say, she's stubborn, she has to come to him or us" Reggie sighed "I know" before pulling Everleigh against his chest. 

🌎

Reggie and Everleigh were both sad that Maya didn't come to school the next day, but they understood why she didn't want to.

The best friends followed after Topanga as she opened Riley's door "How's it going in here" 

"Mom, Everleigh, Reggie, tell Maya to come back to school--regular school" 

Reggie and Ever sat on Riley's bed as Topanga sat at the bay window "Hmm so you don't like this huh?" 

"Of course not! Maya always comes to school with me, she always picks me up at 7:00. I look forward to it!" 

"Like a tradition" Everleigh smirked. 

Riley turned her head to look at her twin "Yeah! Oh...you know even though you're my twin that was mastermind creepy" 

"So Maya doesn't show up like she's supposed to and how does that make you feel" Topanga asked Riley, Smirking at her eldest's mind. 

"Oh..." Riley trailed off clutching at her chest. 

"Honey you have to go to him, he feels bad you have to go to your father" 

"I feel bad, will he come to me" Maya asked 

"No. He's your teacher, he doesn't have to" 

"But he will" Everleigh smiled "No matter what you say to him, he will always be there for you, even when you don't want him to be" 

"Everleigh's right, he will" Topanga smiled. 

"What?" Maya questioned. 

"He doesn't have to, but he will." 

"Why?" Riley Questioned 

"Because he's always there" Topanga and Everleigh said in unison 

Cory walked into the room and held out his hand to Maya, she grabbed it and they walked out of the room. 

"Always" Topanga smiled at the three teens 

Matthews Kitchen

Reggie and Everleigh sat across from Maya at the table and watched as Cory pulled Maya's test out of his suit. 

He placed it on the table "Read it" 

"I don't want to do this Mr. Matthews" Maya told him as she stood up" 

"Sit Down" Riley said from her place leaning on the wall 

"You can't tell me--" She was cut off. "Sit. Down" The blonde sat back down with a faint blush on her cheeks as Everleigh smirked with triumph. 

Cory looked at his oldest shocked that the blonde listened before he got back on track. 

"Thanks" Riley smiled at her sister before sitting next to her best friend. 

"Go Ahead" 

"Darwin Animal studies were thought to be when the travels he took on the boat with the Beatles" Maya read of her paper. 

"Are you kidding me" Riley Exclaimed 

She received two deadly glares. 

"Does she have to be here" Maya pointed to her best friend. 

"What were you trying to do" Cory asked the blonde 

"I tried to write it like I was smart" Maya said 

"You are smart" Riley told her. 

"Riley's right, Maya you are brilliant, you've shown us that when you study with us. You don't need to dumb down your answer, It shows that you need to learn more but you don't need to act dumb to do that, we will continue to learn things everyday, even after school and my dad will always be here to help you, he isn't going anywhere" Everleigh looked up at her dad with a smile that he returned "He's stuck with us forever" 

"Maya, what did you mean to say" Reggie asked the blonde. 

"Darwin studied animals" 

"What kind" Cory asked "I don't know" 

"She does know" Riley told her father, "I don't know, you think I don't know, what i don't know" Maya asked her best friend

"I think you know more than you don't know, but you don't know that!" 

"You Know what?" Maya asked 

"What did Darwin study" Everleigh asked Maya "Birds" 

"There you go" Cory smiled 

"Really? I got that one wrong" Reggie gave Riley a bored look. 

"You want to be smart Maya, Say what you mean. I understood that perfectly, and you're correct." 

"That's all i had to say" 

"What was the name of his boat" Reggie asked her. 

"The Beatles" 

"The Beagle, it's a tiny difference, but an important one" Cory shrugged "Because if you know it, Maya you don't fail" 

"I want to not fail" Maya told Cory 

"What kind of birds did he study" Cory asked as he sat down Next to Everleigh leaving her in the middle of him and Reggie. 

"I don't know" 

"You do" Everleigh smiled at her sister figure. 

"Finches" Maya answered "And what else" Riley Questioned. 

"Finches and Mockingbirds" 

"Yes" Cory smiled nodding his head

"Yes" Riley copied 

"How did you guys know she knew" Cory asked the three other teens. 

"We know she listens to you" Riley answered. 

"I listen to you" Maya confirmed. 

"Then you won't fail...and neither will I" Topanga came into the kitchen "How about some turkey sandwiches" Topanga offered. 

"Darwin didn't study turkey's he studied finches and mocking birds" Maya smiled. "His boat was the beagle" 

"And for extra credit" Cory pointed to her. "Galapagos, the islands he studied were the Galapagos" 

"Because she listens to me" Cory smirked at Topanga 

"Hey Maya" he grabbed closed her test as Everleigh handed him the sharpie "Watch this" he drew a line making her 'f' an 'a' 

"You're giving me an A" Maya asked shocked. 

"No, I'm giving you a C plus, but i want you to see how easily an F can become an A" 

"Nothing to be ashamed of anymore, Maya" Riley said. 

"My dad doesn't live with--" Everleigh stood up from her seat, walking behind Maya and hugging her around her neck. "It's Ok" Riley said as Maya grabbed Everleigh's Hand and squeezed it affectionately. 

"He's got this new family" 

"Maya you don't have to" Topanga told her 

"I do have to, I have to be able to talk to you. If you give me an F, if you decide I'm not worth working on-" She was cut off. 

"Maya take a look around you, we're all here for you. Does this look like we think you're not worth working on" 

"I just don't want to fail Mr. Matthews" Maya picked up her test "Thank you" Everleigh kissed the top of her head "We're proud of you pumpkin" Maya smiled at her before smiling at Reggie. 

"I don't wanna go to the dance" Riley blurted. "The dance doesn't matter to me at all. I want to go on the cyclone with you more than anything in the world" 

"You're going to the dance" Cory told his youngest daughter. 

Everleigh smirked "Here comes Amusement" 

"Hooray" Riley ignored her Sisters remark. 

"I'm going to Chaperone" 

"There it is" The father and daughter had identical smirks adorned on their faces. 

Riley raised her hand "What's that mean" 

"Hand" She lowered it. 

"What's that mean" 

"Grown up Voice" 

"Lucas Hello" Reggie and Everleigh burst into a fit of Laughter. 

"What's that mean" Cory asked Confused. 

John Quincy Adams Gym

🎵: Chasing Pavements- Adele

Reggie and Everleigh giggled as Farkle and Maya passed them, the blonde looking annoyed. 

Reggie looked down at the brunette, her hair glowing in the lights making her look angelic. "Care to dance darling" He held out his hand to her. 

With a smile she slid her hand in his and he placed his hand on her waist and she placed hers on his shoulder. They swayed to the beat of the song, Reggie's lips just barley skimmed the girl's forehead before he lowered his head as if he was going to kiss her before his nose just brushed against her cheek, he twirled her before pulling her flush against his chest. 

Everleigh hoped the lights hid her blush as butterflies rocketed around in her stomach. 

They pulled away and clapped as the song ended. 

Cory grabbed the microphone as the group of friends walked back to their table. 

"Well Guys, it looks like the night is winding down. We hope you all enjoyed the dance, but before we go, i notice some fathers have arrived to pick up their daughters. I wonder if we might have one last dance" The students cheered 

"A father-Daughter dance, with the song, sung by my favorite musician" Cory pointed at Everleigh and beckoned her to the stage, she smiled and walked towards her dad, grabbing the microphone. 

Tale as old as timeTrue as it can beBarely even friendsThen somebody bendsUnexpectedly
Just a little changeSmall, to say the leastBoth a little scaredNeither one preparedBeauty and the Beast
Ever just the sameEver a surpriseEver as beforeAnd ever just as sureAs the sun will rise, oh woah
Ever just the sameAnd ever a surprise, yeahEver as beforeAnd ever just as sureAs the sun will riseOh, oh, oh
Tale as old as timeTune as old as songBittersweet and strangeFinding you can changeLearning you were wrong
Certain as the sunCertain as the sunRising in the eastTale as old as timeSong as old as rhymeBeauty and the Beast
Tale as old as timeSong as old as rhymeBeauty and the BeastWoah
Beauty andBeauty and the Beast

Reggie watched at she sang with lovestruck eyes, something Lucas caught. 'You love her don't you" 

Reggie snapped his head in the Texan's direction "She's my best friend of course i do" 

"That's not what I meant, why don't you ask her out" 

"She doesn't feel the same way, it'd ruin everything and I could never imagine my life without her by my side, I can't jeopardize it" 

Reggie caught Everleigh's eyes as she sang and she gave him a wide smile. 

Little did he know, she was singing to him and only him. 

Matthews Apartment

Cory and the three teens walked in the door after the dance, Riley hugged her father and sister before heading to bed. 

Reggie sat at the kitchen table before playing a song on his phone, this confused Everleigh until she turned around and saw her dad standing there, his hand outstretched for her to take. 

"It was a father-daughter dance and you didn't get to dance with me, so know it's your turn just the two of us, no Riley, no Maya." Everleigh smiled gently at her father grabbing his hand. They swayed to the slow music before Cory twirled her and then started swaying with her again. 

"I never told you how proud i am of you, Ever, I am very proud of you for always checking on everyone and helping your friends when their stuck on need comfort" 

"Thank you dad, and there are no words to describe how proud i am to be your daughter" she laid her head on his chest. 

They didn't know that Reggie snapped a picture at that moment. 

🌎

The next morning the Matthews and Reggie sat eating breakfeast 

"Riley, Ever i never want our daddy-daughter story to end"

"Neither do i dad" Riley said 

"It never will dad, because it's just beging" Everleigh smiled. 

"It doesn't end" Topanga smiled at her daughters. "In any good book, you turn the page and there's another chapter." 

"Daddy Since Riley's too big for you, maybe we could do something every year" Auggie spoke up. 

"Of Course Auggie, what do you have in Mind" Cory asked "You and me, A singles cruise to Alaska" 

"Well i guess some traditions are meant to change" Topanga smiled. 

"Sup Goofballs" Maya greeted as she opened the door. "Hey Riley 7:00" Riley left as Farkle walked in the door. 

"Curls, Leigh let's go" Everleigh nodded putting their bowls in the sink, kissing the top of Auggie's head and Topanga's cheek before hugging Cory as Reggie waited for her next to Farkle before she jumped on his back "Love You!" she called as Farkle closed the door. 

"And some should always remain the same" Cory gently smiled. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 308 29
Taylor spend most of her life living with her mother, He and Her Mom broke up when she was only a baby. Her mother remarry when she was five, and bre...
13.6K 429 40
"Maybe I'm scared because you mean more to me than any other person. You are everything I think about, everything I need, everything I want." ☆☆☆ "I...
26.1K 581 47
Josh returns and Maya starts falling for him... Josh is all over the place with feelings. But will they fall as one for eachother? Find out in
460K 10.3K 53
Ryan Matthews was older than his twin by six minutes and twenty seconds. Though this never seemed to matter to their parents, as she was the obvious...