Miss Clumsy and the CEO (UNDE...

By Vampirefangsrules

Harper Daniels is clumsy. Full stop. A recent graduate, she's starting her career at Brewer Enterprises. Wha... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter 19- On the run
Chapter 20- GAME ON
Chapter 21- The GAME is ON
Chapter 22- It just keeps getting better and better
Chapter 23- Falling harder and harder
Chapter 24- Resisting is harder than it seems
Chapter 25- Weekend with You
Chapter 26- These feelings
Chapter 27- Cold shoulder
Chapter 28- Guilt
Chapter 29- A mistake
Chapter 30- It feels like I can't function
Chapter 31- Time to make a stand
Chapter 32- Green Eyed Monster
Chapter 33-Jealous?
Chapter 34-Count to Ten
Chapter 35- I still care
Chapter 36- Its a risk I must take
Chapter 37- Can't get enough of you
Chapter 38- Right Move
Chapter 39- "What is it you want, Miss Daniels?"
Chapter 40- "Anything for you, Miss Daniels"
Chapter 41- James' Plan
Chapter 42- Fun
Chapter 43- Take my breath away
Chapter 44- Heart Bleeds for you
Chapter 45- "My Boyfriend"
Chapter 46- Worth the Wait
Chapter 47- Unknown Number
Chapter 48
Chapter 49- HeartBroken
Chapter 50- Damage
Chapter 51- Two hearts; alone once again
Chapter 52- Ethan
Chapter 53
Chapter 54- Eleanor
Chapter 55- Masquerade
Chapter 56 - Truth
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 - True Love Beats All
Chapter 60- No matter the cost
Chapter 61- You bring me Strength
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
END CHAPTER
Author's Note
Epilogue The Wedding
Bonus Chapter/Snippet- Valentine's Day
BOSS UNDERCOVER PUBLISHED!?!?
AUGUST 28th
♦️COVER REVEAL♦️ PREORDER LIVE
BOSS UNDERCOVER IS #LIVE!
BOSS UNDERCOVER PART ONE IS FREE!
Boss Undercover Boxset + Update

Chapter Six

902K 23K 5.5K
By Vampirefangsrules

Have you seen BOSS UNDERCOVER? It's LIVE on Amazon for purchase! Also, if you haven't followed me on Instagram and my Facebook page, GO! GO! You don't want to miss the updates! It will be nice to see you there! Instagram: J.S.Badham Twitter: J.S.Badham1 Facebook Page: J.S.Badham.

If you buy BOSS UNDERCOVER! LEAVE A REVIEW! YOUR FEEDBACK IS WELCOME!

*THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN EDITED AND CHANGED*

Daniella was rummaging through Harper's mini suitcase, inspecting every garment and digging into every compartment.

"So, where is it?"

"Where's what?" Harper said, frowning with confusion as she continued to pack her toiletry bag with her shampoo and conditioner. "Would you stop messing up my clothes!" she snapped lightly, reaching over to close the lid of the suitcase.

"I mean, where's the lingerie, the condoms, the something," Daniella replied with a wink.

"Dani!" Harper gasped. "What do you take me as? I'm not going to sleep with him. It's strictly a business weekend. You're terrible," said, rolling her eyes as she re-opened the lid on the suitcase and stuffed her toiletry bag in there.

"You're no fun. A hunk like that. Madness!"

"Yeah and you're a bad influence."

After an hour of packing, double-checking twice she had everything including her laptop charger, Harper was pretty sure she was ready to go. Daniella had the whole entire apartment to herself for the weekend and promised already she was having a date come over.

Her boss was shortly en-route, after informing her via text message. Harper couldn't lie when she supposed she was a bit excited to be accompanying him upon this work's trip. Things were looking a little up.

Pulling up outside the curb, Samuels parked the beast-of-a-SUV and got out to attend to her suitcase. Harper thanked him politely as she got in, the nerves suddenly tugging at her insides as she locked eyes on James, who was quietly browsing onoh his mobile phone. He didn't look up or make contact until he finished whatever was capturing his attention. Harper couldn't lie she felt an ounce of jealously when he briefly smirked at the screen before putting his phone away.

"Well, Miss Daniels, looking forward to this trip?" he asked, calmly placing his hands upon his lap. "As you've been informed, we're meeting Walter Jefferson at the Edge Hill Hotel. Just your usual investor discussions. I presume you have both your laptop and other necessary equipment to make notes?"

"Yes." Harper nodded. "All is packed."

"Good."

He appeared to turn his attention away after that, returning to whatever had grasped his earlier attention from off his phone. It did dishearten Harper quite a bit as she sat there in silence, wondering whether she should put her earbuds in and catch up on music or a podcast or stupidly wait for him to make conversation. She opted for option A, placing her earbuds in as she shoved on a podcast and watched the scenery outside blur past.

It must have been twenty five minutes until the passing scenery slowed down. Harper looked forward, disappointed to see congestion up ahead. James must have noticed too as he piped up seeking his driver's attention, "Samuels, is there no other route around this?"

"I'm afraid not. Road works from both ends out of the city," Samuels replied.

James sighed, gently throwing his phone into his suit jacket pocket. "Just fucking great," he muttered under his breath.

Harper was beginning to regret her earlier excitement for tagging along, instead, wishing she could be at her apartment, binge watching telly or napping the day away.

The longer they spent in traffic, the more unbearable the outside temperatures were beginning to effect Harper. It had suddenly become scorching outside in the last hour and with the interior of the car being complete leather, she was beginning to feel more hot and sweaty. Her boss seemed unfazed by the weather, returning to yet again his phone.

"Do the windows work?" she asked, tapping at the window button but receiving no working operation. Was the child lock on or something, she wondered.

He didn't answer, continuing to type away at, uninterested. Harper unfastened her seatbelt as she leaned forward to grasp Samuel's attention. As she did, she tripped over the centre footwell collapsing back onto James' lap. If there ever was a moment she would want to drown, it was now. From her peering down at her with a mischievous glint in his eyes, Harper felt combustion inside of her as she tried to get herself from off his lap.

"Well, quite eager, are we? I know I've taken you out food but you could show some restrain," he said teasingly as she pulled back off. Was he flirting with her again?

"Sorry, sorry," she profusely responded, awkwardly sitting back in her chair and blushing all shades of red.

What surprised her next was when he leaned over and gently grasped the seatbelt and tugged it over her lap. Her heart was racing like a drum. Why did he have to smell so good? She felt him slide the belt into the grasp, hearing it click. Before he leaned back, he muttered near her ear, "Next time, don't take your seatbelt off." A hot flush swept over her face as she pressed her lips together and looked quickly out the window to try to find composure.

Why did she have to be so clumsy, she nagged at herself.

She was just glad at that moment his phone interrupted the tension. Answering his phone, Harper side-eyed him, watching as the corners of his lips tugged upwards.

"Yes, I saw it," he muttered, humour laced within his tone. "You need to calm down, baby."

Harper twitched at that endearment. Who was he speaking to? Was that the person who had kept his full attention on his phone all this way?

Realising she was stressing herself out with a bunch of swirling questions, she picked up her earbuds and shoved them in her ears trying as best to distract herself from the conversation occurring next to her. She didn't care, she told herself. Well, that was a lie.

After what seemed an eternity stuck in hell, hearing him laugh, chat casually as if she weren't there to whoever was capturing his attention and the unbearable heat cradling her, the traffic finally began to disperse and they were back in steady motion.

"Yes, I'll see you Monday night. Now, behave," she heard James say, a cheeky grin forming as he ended the call. Then he placed his phone into his shirt pocket before he began to drum his fingers against the door interior to the beat of the soft music playing in the background.

Harper pretended to remain fixated on her phone, hoping she appeared not fazed by his half an hour or so phone call.

The SUV pulled onto the drive of the hotel after they exited the motorway and entered deeper into the city. The sight was astonishing. The grandeur of the 5 star hotel was breath-taking to behold as Harper stared out the window, gaping at the 7 storey marvellous building.

Samuels got out the SUV and immediately attended to opening James' door. He got out thanking Samuels as he headed onwards to the front of the hotel. Harper followed, awkwardly standing at the curb as she awaited his instructions.

"Miss Daniels." James clicked his fingers. "Can you go do check-in?"

She complied heading fourth, feeling a little overwhelmed as doors were opened for her by friendly staff and she entered the marble-like palace inside. She headed towards the prestigious reception, greeted by a young woman, her blonde curls showering across her shoulders and her glossy lips pursing as she smiled.

"Hi, Ma'am, how can I help you? Check-in?"

"Yes, please. Er, I'm checking in for Mister James Brewer," she replied, rubbing the sole of her foot against her ankle anxiously.

"Ah, yes. I'll just get your key," she informed Harper as she turned around to carry out her actions.

Harper felt a breeze pass her, startled as James appeared aside her.

"Here you go," the receptionist said, passing over the single key. It had gone unnoticed by Harper that as she did, the receptionist's eyes wandered flatteringly over James.

"Er, sorry, I forgot, can I also check-in myself?" Harper said.

-"There's no need, Miss Daniels," James interjected, ushering her to follow as he walked away from the area and briefly flashed a smile at the receptionist.

"What? Why?"

"You'll be sharing with me," he informed her calmly.

"But I booked two-"

-"I thought you wouldn't mind. I changed them last minute. Seemed quite pointless having two rooms. Besides, Miss Daniels, I'm very good company," he replied, a glint of humour flashing across his face.

"I-I, there is—" she began.

-"Now let's not be tardy, Miss Daniels. I have a meeting to attend to, so, let's go." He ushered towards the lifts where Samuels was standing pulling both James' and her suitcase ready to make the ascent.

Harper could only gape, a little stunned. She wasn't sure how to process this new information.

They entered the lift shaft, Samuels upfront and both herself and James at the back. As if he couldn't make her anymore nervous, he leaned over and muttered, "Please do stop stressing, we're adults, responsible adults, Miss Daniels."

Harper bit down on her lip, feeling her heart thud faster and faster over and over in her chest.

The lift stopped at floor seventeen to reveal its exclusive penthouse. Harper entered alongside the other two, marvelling at the prestigious décor. It even had a outside balcony with a small jacuzzi and mini-bar with sun-loungers adjacent to it.

Samuels dropped off the bags before quietly making brief conversation with James.

"Yes, understood," James quietly said before heading towards Harper. "Right, you better get ready," he announced.

"Why?"

"We've got a gathering at half six," he said.

"A gathering?"

"Yes, a gathering. A party, whatever you want to call it. Walter Jefferson likes to arrange them to impress his clientele."

"I-I didn't pack—I didn't know about this," she replied.

"I'm afraid it may have slipped my thoughts," James said, heading over to the mini bar within the lounge area as he attended to pour himself some whisky. He came back over holding the glass just as she picked up her suitcase, cursing as the lid opened and something fell out.

His brows lifted up with intrigue as he effortlessly glided across and picked up the bag before she had chance to pick it up.

"Now, now, what are you intending to do with this?" he asked, grinning from to ear as he swung a bag between his fingertips. Harper froze. He continued to pry as he pulled out a black lingerie set and dangled it then between his fingertips.

"I-I-I didn't put that there," she stuttered. It had to be Dani.

"So you admit it belongs to you?" he said, amused as he bought his whisky glass to his lips and drank a little.

"I-I, I apologise." She began to scuttle towards him to grab the bag but he held his arm up higher.

"As you should be, Miss Daniels. This is strictly business. I'm not sure what else you had in mind but please, keep your pleasure separate from your work," he said, humour seemed to still lace his tone.

"Can I please have...it back?"

He smirked gently passing it over. Harper snagged it and dashed back to her suitcase to shove it in. She zipped shut the bag and hastily headed down a corridor which she could only presume would at least hold a bedroom.

"That's my room," she heard him call out as she stopped at a door.

"Right, right," she replied back, turning around to open the door adjacent and shut herself quickly in.

Harper wanted to climb into the sheets and bury herself there. Dani was going to get an ear-full when she returned. That was the most embarrassing thing ever.

~~~

She was finding it difficult to even want to get off the giant bed. Here was she was living in a life of luxury and all she could think about was what happened about twenty minutes ago. She had already composed and sent her message of displease to Dani who would only find amusement in the matter.

There was a gentle knock on the door. Harper froze.

"Yes?"

"I have something for you," she heard him reply on the other end of the door.

Anxiously rubbing her palms together, Harper headed towards the door and opened it. He stood there holding a folded bag across his arm.

"Here." He passed it over. "I had someone get this. I can't be having you dressed informally."

She thanked him before closing the door, not wanting to spare a second longer within his presence. She just wanted this weekend to be over and done with.

Harper opened the bag, stunned as she pulled out a black, elegant long dress. She turned it over noticing that it was backless. She gulped before heading to her en-suite bathroom to get changed.

This was so not her as she opened her door, the black dress draping behind her as she struggled to keep it steady in the pair of matching heels she found at the bottom of that bag. Her heels echoed down the corridor as she headed towards the open space lounge.

James was ahead, concentrating on his phone as he sat casually. One leg propped over the other as he swiped his fingers across his phone. She paused unsure whether to interrupt him but it was not needed as he looked up. Strangely enough, he blinked once or twice, his tongue swiping his bottom lip as his eyes explored upon her. Harper was beginning to feel a little self-conscious.

"F-fits you well," he said, getting up off the sofa and heading over. Had he just stuttered a little, she wondered. "You look presentable, Miss Daniels," he politely added.

"Thank you," she replied, awkwardly looking to the floor.

"Let's go then," he said. She noticed how his right hand immediately met his contact with her naked back as he ushered them towards the lift. At that slight touch, electricity crawled across her skin sending her into overdrive.

Every now and then as stood in the lift, she could feel swear she could feel his eyes stealing glances at her. Clearly, she was delusional, there was no way.

They were heading to the hotel's grand room where already a dozen guests or so were drinking from flutes of champagne, laughing or chatting. Out of surprise, she felt James' hand snake around her waist as they entered the grand room. Eyes seemed to pinpoint onto them, Harper noticed as they stood at the foot of the threshold.

"Relax," she heard James reassure her quietly as he guided them towards the servers with flutes of champagne balancing on their boards. It soothed her a little knowing he was there beside her.

"James," she heard someone announce.

They turned towards the source. A fairly chubby cheeked man with a ginger moustache began to approach them. James' hand seemed to tighten a little more around her waist seemingly feeling as if he were being possessive.

"Walter," James said, shaking his hand sternly.

"Great to see you here. Looking forward to our chat tomorrow. And who is this?" he said, before turning to Harper, a greedy expression forming on his face.

"This is my assistant, Harper," James cut in.

"Ah, well, Harper. I hope to see you around more often." His hand reached out to Harper's as he took it to loosely kiss the surface of her knuckles before he departed.

"Ignore him," James muttered, seemingly sounding pissed off as he ushered them onwards. He paused them both. "I have some things to take off. You'll be okay, just relax and keep to yourself," he informed her before walking off into the crowds of people.

Harper didn't like that she was now standing alone. She felt more exposed as eyes seemed to fall upon her. Deciding she'd rather be sitting away from this scene, she headed towards the vacant table and chairs aside of the room.

She sat there watching as the room unfolded around her. She wanted to be home. Tucked up in her quilts, stuffing her face with pizza and binge-watching Netflix. Instead, she was here, feet uncomfortable and back a tad bit cold.

"Good evening," a deep and slightly hoarse voice intruded into the space. She looked up, startled as she met the eyes of a blue-eyed, handsome stranger. He had a neat, mop of blonde hair and a brush of dark stubble across his jawline. "Ethan Donovan," he introduced himself, offering his hand.

Harper shook it. "H-hi, I'm Harper Daniels," she replied, a little bashful.

He shoved his hands into his trouser pockets. "I couldn't help to notice how alone you were. A beautiful woman like yourself surely couldn't have attended alone."

"Oh, thank you." She blushed. "I-I'm actually a personal assistant. My boss is somewhere."

"Ah, who do you work for?"

"James Brewer," she politely said.

"Oh, James. Ah, he's an old friend of mine. Lucky him," he seemed to tease. "So, you're not going to just sit here all night, I presume?"

"I don't know." Harper shrugged her shoulders with a shy smile.

"Well, I shall keep you company," he told her, turning to grab two flutes off an incoming waiter before sitting next to her on the adjacent chair. He passed her one flute over before they toasted clinking the glasses together.

"So, how long have your worked for James then?"

"Not long, I just started about a couple weeks ago," she replied.

"Ah, well, I hope all is well. I haven't seen James in ages. Our last contact was rather combusted," he said, sounding a little displeased.

"Oh, sorry to hear," she responded, unsure what to say.

"Yes, my marriage didn't exactly happen and well, James and I had a bit of a falling out," he continued to explain. Harper was a little startled he was being so open on something she assumed was very private.

"Miss Daniels," a stern voice cut into the space. Harper looked up to see James standing before them, anger moulded into his expression. "I need you to come now."

"Ah, James. Long time no see. How have you been?" Ethan spoke up, amusement evident within his tone.

"Miss Daniels." James pushed again.

Harper began to get up.

"Oh, how's your sister?" Ethan piped up again. It seemed to vex James as Harper noticed his left hand clenched tightly into a fist. "Say hello to her would you for me," Ethan added.

"Son of a bitch," James hissed, holding his fist up but pausing as he pulled back.

"Always been the one to use your fists," Ethan commented.

James ignored him ushering Harper aside him. She looked back to see Ethan smirking to himself before throwing back the champagne as he drank.

"Don't ever speak to him," he snapped.

"I-I, he came up to me," Harper defended herself.

"I don't care, just don't again," he sternly said.

"I won't."

The silence could have cut the tension in the air. Neither one of them said anything as the room around them continued to move in motion. He was the first to break the silence, raking his hand through his brown locks as he said, "Look, I'm sorry. It's not fault. Do—you want to dance?"

"I-I, I'm not so-"

-"Nonsense, I won't take no for an answer," he cut in, taking her hand and guiding her to the congregated dance floor.

She held her breath as he snaked both hands around her waist and she, gently placed hers on his shoulders. They swayed to the soft melody. Harper looked down to their feet, shy to even keep her head up. He must have sensed her bashfulness as he gently tipped her chin up.

"Relax," he muttered against her ear. For a second, she did. Escaping reality within his arms. 

THANK YOU FOR READING! IF YOU ENJOYED PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 6.2K 61
------- He loved the girl that can't love him.....And now he can't love the girl that loves him -------- ** "Don't worry.." I say, getting up off the...
2.3M 17.3K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...
1.4M 47.9K 21
"You- Are- Mine Jayda... All mine.. No- one else's." Conrad panted through the hard kissing and touching. That did it for me. I peeled off my shirt...
43.7K 1.8K 67
[COMPLETE] The cruel and arrogant billionaire, Maddox Richmond, desires more than mere revenge from the smart-mouthed Zara Fisher. He craves to have...