๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ ๐๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ | ๐‘ถ๏ฟฝ...

By LamaXebecs

At the age of 9, a lone girl raised in the wild sets out to find her only biological family, yet finds that i... More

Prologue
~Playlist~
1
2 ~ Mamas partner
3 ~ Bonds
4 ~ The Leaders Mark
5
6 ~ Human Friend
7
8
9
10 ~ Two New Words
11 ~ Family And The Warmth That Comes With It
12 ~ Lessons And Grins
13 ~ Cooking And Drinking
14 ~ A New Side
15 ~ I Call Dibs!
16 ~ The Weird Boy
17 ~ Evil
19 ~ Illiterate But Not
20 ~ Too Much Resemblance
21 ~ Surprise After Surprise
22 ~ Gol D. Ace
23 ~ A Glow Up
24 ~ The War Of The Best
25 ~ 1/2
26 ~ My Final Orders To You
27 ~ Star
28 ~ Willow D. Ena
29 ~ 3D 2Y
30 ~ Overgrown Pink Meat
31 ~ Back When
32 ~ The Willows
33 ~ Dragons Will
34 ~ Agyenim
35 ~ Dark Crystals
38 ~ Courting
39 ~ The beginning of the end

18 ~ The Green Gem That Glows

2.7K 158 39
By LamaXebecs

(Im not showing you guys how Nova left just yet >:D)

The island of Banaro was a common one. Although its position was unusual, the island itself appeared to be similar to any other Nova had visited, with the exception of a few, such as Fishman Island. However, there was one thing about this island that set it apart from others: it always seemed to have terrible luck. 

Such as now, since an admiral yelled while searching for a little girl around the age of eleven. Nova panted heavily as she ran from the magma-man before settling in an alleyway and whispering to her best-friend -- Ballu. Ballu only screeched and informed her to head towards the bay and the little wyren didn't have the time to question him so she did just that.

Nova fell over a few rocks on her way to the bay, but Ballu assisted her and the two were soon onboard a small but adequate boat. They started steering away from Banaro island almost immediately, cringing at the sounds of buildings breaking and marines yelling. Before going back and tugging a rope that released the sails, the tail wrapped around the freckled girl's bicep tightened in reassurance, and she offered her companion an appreciative smile. 

Nova and Ballu were both thrown backwards into the boat when the boat suddenly surged forward. The two shared relieved grins when suddenly something exploded in the water next to them, sending splashes of water onto them and soaking their bodies.

The two were terrified as they stared at the glaring admiral who stood somewhat on bay's shore, his palm coated in a red and orange liquid. When the magma-fruit admiral unleashed another molten sphere at them, Ballu realised it was magma and turned to Nova to alert her of their predicament. Nova flung her arms up just in time to halt the scorching orb of liquid without needing to be told.

As she struggled to keep possession of the ball in mid-air, a snarl reverberated in her throat. Nova moved her hands to her sides and made a motion that resembled as though she was throwing a ball, which she proved to be doing because the ball of magma was hurled away from their boat and back at the admiral.

Eyes widening in surprise, the admiral informed his men not to get in his way and he conjured up enough power to explode the mass of magma that he'd originally thrown at the freckled pirate. Somehow nothing hit his men, not that he really cared about that but its nice to have more minions to do his dirty work when he didn't feel like doing it. 

Akainu's fist began to transform as magma coated it until it began to drip down his arm, but the man wasn't bothered by this one bit since he was a magma man himself. Akainu launched another at the pirate and her monkey companion, making careful to send another just in case she managed to stop his first, which, shockingly, Nova appears to have done. In fact, she stopped both of them.

It definitely took a toll on her though, as sweat dribbled down her face from both the heat and the use of her devil fruit abilities. The monkey on her shoulder noticed this and growled in panic, earning a yell from Nova as she attempted to calm her friend which only ended up in the two clutching onto each other.

Akainu became enraged by the girls' ability and began hurling magma balls at them. Nova tried everything she could to toss them away, to protect Ballu and herself, but the might of an admiral was too great for her, and the magma slammed with their boat, sending them straight to the waters, surrounded by scattered pieces of wood.

Akainu had managed to knock out Nova and now Ballu was left to do this all alone. The two were nearing the water and the monkey knew if he didn't do something then they would die right then and there, so with quick thinking he wrapped his tail around Novas hand and then pointed his arm in the position of a large piece of the ship.

 As soon as he did just that, Ballu found that the two of them were now floating away, hidden from the sight of a certain admiral who narrowed his eyes to try and see the far distance before turning around and walking away, seeming confident that he had finally gotten rid of the two pirates. Ballu let out a sigh of relief and slumped his body on the small wooden piece before whimpering and weakly tapping his best-friend with his tail. Nova didn't wake. Nova didn't move and Nova didn't do anything.

And Ballu felt really alone.

~

A boat swayed gently as the sound of a pained growl ripped through the winds. It was small yet so loud and it drew the attention of the captain of the crew that sailed on this boat. The red haired captain approached the young girl who stared at the sky in a daze before shooting up, as if she was only now realizing that something was missing. That something happened to be all too important to this young girl, and the entirety of this crew was well aware of that. 

Whipping her head back and forth, Novas red eyes glowed in natural rage that she couldn't control. A growl left her lips as she bared her teeth and glared at everyone and everything, yelling out. "Ballu! Wheres Ballu?! Give me back, Ballu!"

"Hey, kid," A red haired man spoke softly, cautiously approaching Nova but his words went through one ear and out the other and she lunged forwards while pushing through each and every one of his crew in search of the small mammal. When Nova turned to him, Shanks was ready with narrowed eyes and frowning lips. 

As soon as she lunged at him, a small bundle was knocked into her and she was forced to stay seated on the ground. About to lash out, the freckled girl growled loudly at the weight only to realize it was the very best-friend she was searching for. Instantly, she wrapped her arms around her fellow and cried in relief.

She spoke in the language that she knew no one would understand. Nova spoke in her mother tongue and Ballu listened carefully.

"I am sorry, I failed to protect you."

"It's okay."

"I will get stronger."

"I know."

Nova clung onto her friend strongly, unwilling to let go in case Ballu suddenly disappeared. Shanks smiled before gesturing for his first mate to grab the two and separate them quickly. Nova, sensing this, almost instantly glared at the crew and staggered backwards while holding her friend.

 Once Ballu let out a sharp whimper of pain the freckled girl finally noticed the poor state of her friend, there were stitches on his arm and his belly was bruised. While Nova was distracted, Benn used this to his advantage and quickly hit the back of her neck and rendering her unconscious, however just before she fell down a blast of haki and dragons will knocked out many of his crew and caused a tremor in his boat.

Shanks' hair whipped against his face as he countered the haki with his own until a part of his ship actually cracked. In a matter of seconds, Nova had retracted all of her dragons will and fallen limp against his first mates arms. Shanks walked towards the brown monkey on the ground and picked him up with a sheepish grin, Ballu returning an annoyed scowl as the man carried him towards the infirmary with his friend following, carrying the wyren. Once they arrived in the room and had set the two down on beds right next to each other, Shanks turned to Benn and chuckled sheepishly.

"So... Should we tell the old man?"

"Yes." Benn sighed, already used to his captains weird ways. "But you don't plan on doing that, do you?"

Shanks laughed, "Nope!"

The black haired man grumbled and walked out the room, leaving his sheepish captain. Once Benn had left the room the smile on shanks face slowly dropped and his gaze wandered to the little black-haired girl who snored silently. Her eyebrows were drawn together and a trickle of sweat travelled down the side of her head, Shanks concluded the dream she was having wasn't completely sunshine and rainbows. 

Slowly bringing up his hand the young yonko moved one of her curls from her face that would've most likely have gotten in her eyes. His eyes then wandered to her right cheek and Shanks felt his eyes widen and mouth part in shock at the familiar marking. He signalled for the doctor of his crew to leave the room and tend to those upstairs, once the man did Shanks moved the strap of her tank top just slightly to see the complete mark. His breath stilled before an amused and disbelieving laugh left his lips.

His thumb traced over the red mark from the top all the way down to the ending of the tattoo on her collar. The red haired captain retreated his hand and placed her tank top strap where it originally had been an stepped back. Reaching into the pocket of his pants he pulled out a small green gem and twirled it around his fingers for a few moments, remembering the first time he'd received it. 

Prior to becoming a yonko, Shanks had made one last stop to restock his ship for his crews next journey, however they were forced to make an emergency docking when a harsh storm hit them. It was strange since none of them had sensed a storm but Shanks would soon find out it was the cause of a certain powerful creature.

In front of their ship was a dragon that the captain was all too familiar with. This dragon, this ruler of the island who his captain and best-friend had befriended was the cause of the storm and had simply wanted to speak to him. Or, to be more accurate, threaten him.

"Red haired brat," The blue eyes glared at him but Shanks didn't falter and instead glared back, annoyance radiating off of him in waves.

"My name is Shanks, you stupid dragon."

Asterope curled the tip of her tail around Shanks and he felt droplets of sweat form on his face. His crew cowered behind him, including Benn who had also met the dragon before. As the smartest man in the east blue, Benn was going to stay the hell out of this and if Benn was going to do that, than so was the crew. Sometimes, their first mate was smarter (most times) than their captain. For example; now.

"Respect your elders, brat. I'm giving you something and you have no choice but to take it, got that?"

He frowned but didnt disobey, no way in hell was he going to do so. As much as he hated being bossed around, Shanks had seen this dragons ability to destroy islands to a simple pile of ash that would sink to the sea, wiping it off a map just like that. Theres no way he would disobey her now, besides Asterope never did anything if it had no meaning.

The large dragon used the very tip of her tail to place a small green gem in his hands. His palm closed around the green and glowing gem just in time for Asterope to launch him back to his boat, clearly not really caring if it would hurt him or not. The red head yelled as his face collided with the deck of his ship, and in anger he stood and growled at the great wyrm. 

Asterope only laughed loudly, steadily quieting down her voice to a none. Suddenly, by a power unknown to him, the storm that had been raging came to an abrupt stop serving to only further confuse his crew.

Shifting his study back to the glowing blue eyes, Shanks pursed his lips at her next words, confused but also wary of them.

"When the time comes, give this to her."

As they sailed away, Shanks asked around to see if anyone else had heard what Asterope had spoken to him but it was all for naught, the young red head was the only one to hear her words. And despite not knowing a thing, Shanks kept those words close to his heart, locked in a vault awaiting for the key to one day show. As he gazed at the young wyren, the vault finally shook but not yet did it open. Shanks placed the gem back in his pocket and turned around, walking out the room to think over some things just as something in his mind clicked.

"She was talking about you, wasn't she?"

I love this book. After so much inner conflict i've picked the love interest. I hope you're reading for the plot though. I want it to be a really good and nicely planned book. Do you want me to get started on cannon quickly or should I just go at my own pace? I dont mind doing either, its your choice :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 10 34
When a big city girl moves to a small town full of racers, who knows what kind of trouble she could get into. This is a racing AU, and it's almost no...
6.7K 216 31
A whitebeard pirate undercover in the ranks of the marines has been kept a secret very few people know about her how will the crew adapt. I do not ow...
542K 15.9K 112
[Name] was a very fragile girl, growing up she had three brothers who treated her like a sister, she didn't like violence or what so ever, she was a...
116K 4.2K 57
Luffy time travels to the past. Can he change the fate of his loved ones or will he fail them again? Let's read the story to find out what happened t...