Clepsydra | A Jean x Diluc Fa...

Par FyreOnAmber

[Future AU] (Make sure to read decsription) Years has passed since Diluc left to deal with affairs abroad, wi... Plus

The Descendant(s) of Ragnvindr Clan
Jeans, Literally
A Child's Troublesome Wonder
Worthy of a Hero
Pure Coincidence...Right?
A Spar of Passion

Someone We Miss Dearly

180 5 15
Par FyreOnAmber

"Leave the rest to me, I'll pick her up."
"And for what reason?"
"I have a family to reunite."

Jean stared at Diluc for a few seconds, eyes half-lidded and face expression softened. What does he mean by reuniting a family? "...Why are you looking at me like that?" said Diluc with a slightly blushing face. "O-oh! I'm sorry..." Jean apologized to her senior, "I just find it...unusual to see you care for someone's family, so unusual to have a will to help that one specific family..." she added. Diluc sighed and looked away from Jean, and turned around away from the door. "I don't want anyone to go through the same events that happened to me. It's all nothing but tragedy, I dislike seeing anyone else upset cause of that." He spoke with sincerity. "I see..." Jean walked closer to Diluc, siding with the redhead with only a small distance between each other. "But what are other things that you care about?" She slipped in a sudden question for Diluc to answer.

Jean felt a bit of butterflies in her stomach when she asked, yet she doesn't know the reason. Is it because of her care for Diluc, only to receive nothing but to be treated as a random stranger?

"Who I care about?"
"If you don't mind..."

Who do I care about? Diluc asked himself, trying to process on who he loves. Do I care in the first place? He asked more. Who cares about me?

"I care about..." He started to speak. "I care about those who care about me. It's the least way I can do to return the favor." Diluc spoke boldly, and walked towards the exit of the Favonius Headquarters. "Jean, sweetie." The voice of a librarian called out the blondie. "You should try helping out Master Diluc." Lisa added. "And why's that?" "I emptied your schedule for your free time. I'm aware you'd like doing work-like tasks, so why not spend that on adventuring?" Jean paused and started deciding in her mind, and started running towards the exit of the HQ. "Just this once, Lisa. Just this once." Lisa waved goodbye to Jean, with a happy face and a small smile.

--------

Diluc walked out of headquarters and planned to go out and search in Mondstadt's wilderness. He is aware that it'll take him some time to look for them, but he crossed fingers hoping that they aren't in the rocky valleys of Stormbearer Mountains. Before he even knew it, someone grabbed his hand from behind.

"Pardon...?" Diluc asked confusingly, and to his surprise it was his most-respected co-worker, Jean. "What do you want with me?" The redhead questions Jean, though he sounded dull and annoyed when he said that. Jean let go of Diluc's hand and backed away by a step. "My schedule on-duty is empty, Lisa asked me to go adventuring with you during free time." Diluc thought for a second by looking away and thought about Jean's reason. "So... Can I help on looking for the child named Elise?" "Fine. But this does not mean I am looking for her on behalf of the knights. Your organization is irresponsible." Diluc spoke to Jean in a complaining way.

Jean sighs at the feedback and felt a bit disappointed on herself and looked away, hoping for Diluc to not notice. Unfortunately, he did see Jean's expression changed. "N-Not that I mean any offense towards you, you're a great person." Stop it, Diluc. You're not here to comfort, you're here to look for Elise, you dumb person, he said to himself in his mind. "Pardon?" Jean asked with a soft tint of pink on her cheeks. "I-I said I don't mean any offense towards you, you're..." "You're?" "You're a great person." Diluc looked away a bit embarrassed, being aware that the knights behind them are probably mind-blown right now. "You got what you wanted, let's leave for the searching mission." He tries to ignore anyone else's reaction to his statement. Jean nodded and agreed to Diluc, as they both proceeded to go beyond Mondstadt's walls.

--------

Even after a while, that one short conversation stained Diluc's mind, making him replay it over and over again and filling him with more embarrassment. As they continue walking around searching for the trio, they started to recall about things that happened today...including the "weird" conversation before. Jean headed to Diluc's location (Where he was busy scouting the area) and tried to gain his attention by tapping lightly on his shoulder.

"Excuse me." Jean softly spoke. "What do you want?" Jean paused for a moment to Diluc's question, and tried her best to sound calm. "It seems that you're having a hard time looking for her..." "So?" "Should I call the knights?" Diluc scoffed what Jean said, and looked out at the scenery. "I do not want to get involved with the knights again," said Diluc, "but I thank you for the care." Jean felt delightful for the compliment. Thank you for the care. Does that mean he cares about her?

"So... um..."

"?"

"Does that mean you care about me too?"

She spoke in a shy way, though she means it in terms of friendship. Unless... "Why are you asking me that? We should look for the child instead." Diluc responded bluntly. Jean sighs and tilted her head, arms crossed once again with a smug face. "Why are you dodging the question?" Diluc became speechless as he blushes a bit from the statement. "I-I'm just not used to that type of question, okay?" Jean giggled softly as she tries not to make her happiness obvious. "Do what you do, Sir Diluc."

As the short conversation ends, they both heard a child laughing and some concerning...explosion sounds. "I suppose they are wreaking havoc there," Jean's once-happy face transformed to a horrific look of disappointment as she walks closer to the source of the booming sound.

"Boom! Boom! See that, Albedo onee-san?" A young child shouted with glee. Albedo chuckled lightly, but soon stopped as he saw a redhead and a blondie walking closer. "Klee, I don't think this is a good idea..." said Albedo in a concerning tone as he brushes off the black ash-like dust on his whole body. "Why?" Klee asks her big brother, holding her bomblets tightly with a tilting head. "Klee..." Jean spoke in a horrifying way. "G-Grandmaster Jean ?!" Klee shouted in surprise as she drops her bombs on the floor with shock.

The bombs got triggered as soon as they reached the ground, and exploded in front of everyone's faces. Jean got angrier than before after the bombs exploded, as she grabbed Klee's hands roughly. "You are going to solitary confinement for this." She raised her voice. As the young sobbing elf was held tightly by Jean's hand to prevent her from escaping, Diluc brushed off the black dust on his body and helped Albedo stand up from the ground. "May you know a child named Elise?" Diluc asks the young alchemist. "Oh, her?" Albedo sought for validation. "She was near us before, but I suppose she went farther away for a butterfly and to get away from the bomb chaos."

Diluc thought for a second, trying to process a conclusion in his mind. "Where do you think she might go?" he asked Albedo more. "She told me that she likes Windwheel Asters and Dandelions to keep her company, so perhaps she tried to head towards Windrise." Jean walked closer and joined the conversation of the two, still holding Klee tightly. "Windrise?" She quoted Albedo, "It will take her almost forever to arrive. Unless she's real speed."

Diluc watches Jean as she discusses with Albedo about taking care of Klee, settling for a destination to head to the location of the gigantic tree of Mondstadt. "You're going?" Diluc asks the blondie as she tightens her ponytail. "Would you like to come too?" She responded confidently as she finishes the ribbon on her hair. Diluc wasn't sure on how or what to respond, and remained speechless not knowing what to do. Jean makes the first move and grabs his hand, and pulls him closer to her. "Albedo, remember to watch Klee in solitary confinement, understand? No cheating." Albedo nods slowly as she gestures her hand to waving good bye, with Diluc still wondering on what he should do next.

----------

Elise was lying down on the ground, gazing high up on the tree's lush-green leaves. The sunset's rays hit the clouds, and reflect an orange-pink gradient that makes it wonderful to look at. The more Elise relaxes on the ground enveloped with soft grass, the more the warm and comforting breeze comes to greet her to sleep. Jean and Diluc, as they ran towards Windrise, saw the young redhead lying underneath the Windrise tree. They both headed closer to the location by sprinting towards it, slowly seeing more of Elise's facial details.

"Elise, how did you get here?" said Jean with an exhausted tone. Elise stood up from the ground and sat instead, looking up at the crouching adults exhausted from running a lot and too fast. "There's this green guy with funny shorts that brought me here with the anemo power!!" Elise shouted with happiness as she raised her hands in the air. "No wonder you got here quickly..." Diluc softly spoke as he commented about Elise. "Speaking of getting here," He followed up next, "Why go to this place and not be with Albedo and Klee?"

Elise looked down and tried to think of an answer, whilst making a hmm sound as she tries to respond. "Mommy goes here frequently," she said sincerely with her glimmering eyes, "I think this is her favorite place, and it's very relaxing!" Jean sat down with the young child, and moved closer to Elise. "It is indeed mommy's favorite place." She responded. "Mommy is happy now?" Elise asked as she places her hands on Jean's cheeks. "I'm always happy."

Diluc sighed and decided that it's time to end the wholesome moment, and bring Elise to the actual Jean. "Elise?" He called out the child's name. "Daddy...is happy too?" Elise responded with the same expression as she did with Jean. "I-I said, I'm not your father..."

"Then who is?" Jean barges in the conversation.
Diluc tries to think of an answer to the question, as he grabs the child by her wrist and carried her like a newborn baby. "I don't know, the only parent I'm aware of is her mother." Jean sat up and took a last look at Elise, and decided on a final conclusion. "Therefore, you know her family the whole time? I should've told Lisa that and not make the search party exhausted." Diluc exhales and turned around, trying to hide his face that displays the look of relaxation. "I'll head off now." He took his leave, "Take care for me."

"Will do, Mr. Wagnwindr." Jean mocks Elise's pronunciation, making Diluc scoff in return. And soon did the two redheads head to Dawn Winery, and Jean headed towards Mondstadt to go back to her grandmaster duties in the city.

--------

Elise was brought back to Dawn Winery by the time night has come. Diluc tried his best to not be seen by others, and was lucky enough to accomplish that. By the time the duo arrives, the staff members are busy inside the manor, and other employees have gone to their homes; leaving the one and only Future Jean at the manor's entrance. "Elise?" Jean softly spoke her child's name, slowly crying tears of joy as she kneels to her daughter's height. "Mommy!" Elise shouted as she jumps off Diluc's arms, and slowly hugging with her mother as they got reunited. "Thank Barbatos that you are safe."

Diluc stood there and watched silently, knowing that he shouldn't get involved with their family stuff. Jean stood up and carried Elise, and brought up a small pocket-sized remote from one of her pockets. She walked closer towards Diluc, and looked at him all relieved and glad. "I have one last request for you," said Jean as she cups Diluc's cheeks. Diluc tries not to react overwhelmed, embarrassed or anything that could make him seem out-of-character. "And that is?"

"Please forget anything that involved this situation." Why? What's bad about it? Diluc thought to himself. "If you are wondering, it's due to a probability of future timeline to be changed. I don't want that." Diluc sighs and held Jean's hand, gradually separating it from his cheek. "I will try to do so."

Jean nodded and stepped back, and held the remote-like invention once again. "Thank you. Thank you so much, my hero." Last words were spoken clearly and sincerely, as they both disappear like air, not even evidence was left regarding their existence. Nonetheless, only the memories do...

--------

Klee and Albedo were heavily worried for Jean and Elise, as it took them almost a day to come back. The small little invention has brought them back to where they were before, both landing on the squeaky-clean floor of the lab. "We're finally back..." Jean said with extreme happiness. "I want to go back!" Elise sobbed and covered her eyes with her fists as she cries again. "And why's that?" Elise sniffed and stopped crying, and looked back at her mother. "We don't have daddy's company again..."

Jean felt sad for Elise, as she didn't really get to see him in 3-5 years. "Speaking of your father," Jean then replied, "We must be worrying him the fact we didn't send a letter to him today." Elise sparked with joy as they can be in contact with Diluc again through sending the letter about what happened today. "Can we write about what happened today?" Elise asks Jean with a smiling face. "Go ahead! That is, after we eat dinner."

"Yay!"

--------

"To Diluc Ragnvindr." Diluc reads out loud in front of his office desk, as he closes the window of his room. He chuckled a bit as he saw Elise's doodles underneath his name, labelling him as "Best Daddy in the World". As soon as he's set up to go to bed soon, he continued reading his family's letter to him. "Today was when we went back in time! Mommy and I met younger daddy, and I played with Klee and Albedo! It was very fun. Mommy got concerned for me though, I feel bad :( "Diluc chuckled a bit once again at Elise's statement. "Also, I got to meet a green guy with pretty braids along with funny shorts! He brought me to a place called Windrise, it was nice and relaxing there like what mommy said."

"And remember daddy, mommy and I love you! You are someone we miss dearly." Reading the last sentence gave Diluc nostalgia, and the desire to come back. He thought, maybe I should pay a visit back once again?

"To Elise and Jean Ragnvindr,

I am delighted to know that you both had fun back in Mondstadt, the constant blessings bringing you happiness and love for each other. I just want you both to know that I miss you dearly too. I hope we can be together soon after my work here in Sumeru is finished. Stay safe for now, my beloved family. Also, expect someone amazing to come at your door soon ;)

Sincerely,

Diluc Ragnvindr"

Diluc felt like adding an emoticon at the end of his letter to sound more energetic and livelier than sounding grumpy and boring for Elise. On the same time as he finished writing that, he gave it to the mail office and started packing up his items. "Perhaps it's time to come back home soon."

~~~~~~
2624 words

~~~~~~

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

27.6K 251 23
Not all chapters will be Spicy but some will I'll warn you from the start and when will it start All chapters are 2000 or 2000-plus words! No Minors...
14.5K 278 19
BOOK 1: Ei x Miko fluffy school au: Beelzebub Ei Raiden and Yae miko were childhood friends, they would always talk to each other and do stuff withou...
56.9K 2.1K 42
❝ You wowed as you stared in awe, " it's so pretty!" You leaned in to Childe pointing at the bright colours. While you admired the illuminations Chi...
37.3K 1.4K 41
Sucrose, who was the daughter and part of the royal bloodline is the next in line of ruling The Kingdom of Mondstadt. Even though she's royalty inde...