๐—ฌ๐—”๐—ก๐—š๐——๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—˜ โ”€ ๐—ฌ๐—”๐—ก๐—š ๏ฟฝ...

By reysniki

"๐™๐™ง๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฃ๐™ค ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š. ๐™๐™ง๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ. ๐™‰๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™ฃ ๐™š๐™ฎ๐™š๐™จ." โœ” ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฉ๐˜บ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ... More

I. Pull the Strings
II. Appearance
III. Mimic
IV. Cloak
V. The First Move
VI. Ponder
VII. Mask
VIII. Threat
IX. Three Steps Ahead
X. Weird
note + teaser
XI. A Past in the Present
XI.2 - The Missing Piece
XII. Menace
XIII. My Third Life
XIV. Secrets
XV. Connections
XVI. A Lich's Victim
XVII. Set the Date
XVIII. I'm a Little Monster
XIX. Wildcard
XX. The Coven has Eyes and Ears Everywhere
XXI. First to Fall
XXII. How Can I Help?
XXIII. Gloom
XXIV. Doom
XXV. Malevolence
XXVI. Welcome to Horrorland
XXVII. Out of Thin Air
XXVIII. The End of The Beginning
End of Act 1 Note
XXIX. Playlist
XXX. Party Crasher
XXXI. Civil War
XXXIII. My Decision
XXXIV. Nightmare on Christmas Eve
XXXV. Seeing Double?
XXXVI. Family Matters
XXXVII. Pass It On
XXXVIII. Reunion
XXXIX. I Got The Feels
XL. Somebody Once Told Me
XLI. Do You Know?
XLII. The Way I See It
XLIII. Yet to Meet
XLIV. Yet Again
XLV. Heart Ache
XLVI. Brewing Storm
XLVII. Do We Have a Deal?
XLVIII. I'll Take Care Of This
XLIX. Let the Games Begin
L. Familiar Names
LI. Old Faces, New Names
LII. The Legion
LIII. Did You Miss Me?

XXXII. I Know You Miss Me

2.9K 222 121
By reysniki

*2 YEARS AGO*

37.5444° N, 127.0374° E - Seoul Forest

"Didn't you see??? There was a creature there, a literal monster was seen-"

"That isn't what we asked you. Did you or did you not kidnap a girl named Hwang Minji?"

"I didn't!"

"Sir, based on the report and on the CCTV footage we've seen, you made her unconscious and carried her away. Is that not kidnapping?"

"I mean...technically it is but-"

"It would be easier for you if you admit you did and not give excuses."

Levi sighed, he kept quiet knowing that the police won't listen. His best bet is to explain to the court when he has a lawyer. Though, he doesn't know if he can even afford to have one. Luckily, he remembered that there are public lawyers - it made him feel slightly less worried. 

Upon his name being called, Levi stood up and followed the police officer to the custody suite. There he was apprehended while the police process the case.

He entered the cell and sat on the bed - wondering how he'll get out of this mess. Yes, he did a good thing, but now that he's detained - he thinks if the cause was worth his arrest.

There he spent the rest of his night, in an uncomfortable bed without cushions, a blanket that barely kept him warm, and just one pillow.

He saved a girl from getting knocked out cold - but paid the cost of his body succumbing to the frostbite of the night.

*2 DAYS LATER*

"Wake up Choi."

Keys hit the metal bars of Levi's cells - causing a loud clanging sound that woke the boy up.

"You have a visitor."

Levi rubbed his eyes, seeing the metal gate open. He slowly got up from his bed, tossing his no-good blanket to the side. He followed the officer to a visitor's area - where he sat on a chair at one side of the wall - and the visitor on the other chair at the opposite side.

The two sides were separated by a glass wall so that both can see each other - and there were also telephones on the side so that they can hear and speak.

The visitor was none other than the girl herself, Minji. She came to the police station to talk to Levi and confirm her thoughts with him before presenting herself as evidence that he is not supposed to be in jail.

"You saved me from Jay, right? Or was that just a coincidence?" Minji asked the half-blonde-half-black-haired boy.

"Yes, I did save you." he replied.

"How did you know that he was going after me?"

With all honesty, Levi didn't know that Jay was after her. He wasn't sure of it, but he just had a gut feeling that Jay was. The way Jay's eyes looked that day - no good can be derived from it.

"You might not have seen it because you were too busy questioning me, but his eyes were not normal. His Irises were color pink instead of black, and his Pupils were smaller than how it was supposed to be."

Minji looked at the boy as he described how the events looked like through his eyes.

"And what about his eyes and the female monster, do you know anything about this?"

"I don't know what that was or who that monster is, I just know it's something bad."

Minji slowly stood up, taking her things with her. She looked around to find the reception desk of the station.

"Hey! I know you know I didn't do anything wrong-"

"Yeah yeah, I'll get you out of here. I just have to do something."

"What?! No, I want out now, I can't take another night in this prison!"

"I said wait. You're not the only person I came here for."

Minji put the telephone down - immediately cutting the line of communication.

Levi huffed to express his annoyance. He thought - what is there that can be more important than him?

"Let me guess, Yang Jungwon again?"

"How did you-"

"Miss, you aren't the first one who came here. Several boys have already gone here AND other stations."

That's right, Minji had already shared the news of Jungwon going missing with the other boys. They must have been the ones the officer was talking about.

"Since this report was already filed, you can go now. I don't need those papers you filled up anymore. I'll just raise the alert level of this case, have a good day." the officer spoke.

"Oh wait, there is one more thing."

The officer looked back at her, holding his cup of coffee as he raises his eyebrow.

"Uhh, Choi Levi - I'd like to testify and get him out of here."

---

Minji decided to go home after getting Levi out. The young boy thanked her for the kind action - to which she replied that it's not a big deal. He saved her, so she should return the favor.

Before heading home, Minji thought of heading to Jungwon's apartment. She knows that he's gone, but she had hope that what if he was there - that he has come back.

She entered through the lobby - the receptionist greeting her and saying that Jungwon was still not there.

"Miss, would you like me to open the door to his unit?" the receptionist asked.

Just like a few days ago, the receptionist opened the unit using their keys - to help with the investigation of Jungwon's disappearance.

"It's fine." Minji replied before pressing the 'up' button of the elevator.

"I'll just wait outside."

As she got on the right floor level, she rang the doorbell to Jungwon's door once, waited a few seconds, then rang it again.

The lady at the lobby was right, he was still gone.

Minji sat down on the floor, sitting right beside the door. There, she patiently waited for him to come home. Even though the sun was setting and the lamp posts were turning on, she still waited for him.

Supper comes at seven o'clock

And the stars come out at eight

She waited up till nine o'clock

Even though it was late

She kept waiting, and waiting, and waiting

As the leaves turned from orange to white

As smoke came out of her shivering mouth

She waited day and night

Then spring came, and so did summer

And then the cycle repeats itself

She'll come to wait for him without a stutter

Standing outside his door by herself

---

*PRESENT TIME*

34.6937° N, 135.5023° E - Osaka, Japan

"Are you Yang Jungwon?" the investigator asked.

He looked at the man as he tilted his head, chewing his gum in the process.

"Depends. Who's asking?"

The man was bewildered. "'Depends'" he thought. Who would even answer that to a yes or no question?

He remembered that he had to be discreet and not let the boy know he was being investigated.

"I am." the man replied.

"Yeah, I know that, I heard you say the words. I meant, who's telling you to ask me?"

"W-What? No one is...I'm asking by myself-"

"Ahh, so you're a creepy stalker of mine who takes pictures of me when I'm working, or at the mall, or when I'm having a peaceful time at the park? Gotcha. Let me just call the police real quick and-"

"Okay okay fine! I'll tell you who it is!!" the man said in panic for he did not have much of a choice. 

It was Jungwon's turn to raise his eyebrow - waiting for the man to spill the tea.

"It was Park Jongseong and his friends, under supervision by his mother of course."

Jungwon's eyes widened. He hasn't heard that name in a while, or any of their names. They haven't crossed his mind in the past year because he swore he'll detach himself from them.

He left for them - but he didn't have plans on coming back, ever. Just like he told Minji on day one - it's better for her and them to not be affiliated with him.

"What do they want?" he asked coldly.

"That's something that wasn't told to me. All I'm tasked to do is to find out if you're safe, and convince you to-"

"No." Jungwon replied sternly.

"Tell them I'm doing fine, but I am not coming back to Korea."

The man looked at Jungwon - seeing the expression on the young boy's face. He seemed down. 

Though it was not in his primary orders, the man remembered that he had to do something more than just take pictures. Investigators are not supposed to meddle in their clients' affairs, but this one was tasked to convince the boy to come back.

"Your friends say they miss you."

"I know that. Every day and every night, every time I close my eyes, I see them - wondering where I am, and when I'll be back."

Jungwon sighed, looking at the view of the mountain top from outside the convenience store. His hands were freezing as he smiles - thinking of how far they'd go to reach him.

"Tch, they hired an investigator. They barely even knew me."

"But they're your friends-"

"I can't, okay??!" Jungwon shouted suddenly as he slammed his hands on the table - the camera of the man nearly falling off the table.

His eyes screamed he wanted to go back, but he just can't. It was too risky.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout at you, you're just doing your job. But...It's a personal issue, I just don't know when and if I ever will come back."

"Then take this with you. If you ever want to come back, give this number a call." the man spoke as he handed Jungwon a business card before leaving.

Jungwon stared at the number he assumes belonged to the man. He held the card lightly, twirling the card in between his fingers. 

He stared at the full moon which was aligned to the peak of the mountain, he breathed in and out, shivering from the cold that winter was slowly bringing in.

"Someday...I'll find my way home. Some day."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

383K 20.2K 43
[โœง.* ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ โœง.*] 'แดกสœแด€แด› แด€ส€แด‡ สแดแดœ ๊œฑแด„แด€ส€แด‡แด… แด๊œฐ?' "แด‡แด แด‡ส€สแด›สœษชษดษข, แด‡๊œฑแด˜แด‡แด„ษชแด€สŸสŸส แด…แด‡แด€แด›สœ." 'แด…แด‡แด€แด›สœ? แด›สœแด€แด›'๊œฑ แดส แดกษช๊œฑสœ แด›สœแดแดœษขสœ.' START: 15.12.2021 END: 2.4.2022 R...
199K 5.2K 65
it all started in an interview. ( sunghoon ร— oc ) status: complete ยฉ heurfics 2021
4.9K 292 22
โ will our lives be better when we make it to the other side? โž in which kim nayeon falls in love with yang jungwon and begins to explore a world she...