truth is pain

By hopexrose1

Skylar Gray is a sarcastic, dangerous mafia leader whose future has always been to lead her mafia and nothing... More

mood boards
skylar
war
mission
The lie
Kai
team
games
anger
rush
sabotage
regret
partners
Plan
underestimate
progress
Tension
jealous
Trust
business
bonding
sharing
change
choices
watched
scars
falling
guilt
desire
the truth
mistake
hate
action
friends
reunion
Safe
love
mine
family
happiness
parents
weakness
traitor
Time
free

villian

9K 162 190
By hopexrose1

-Skylar-

My heart races in my chest as I feel all my emotions wash over me, anger fills my body but I feel  more feel disappointment towards Blaze.

Why would he do this?

He was like a father figure to me but more importantly my best friend and my brother.

He saved me so many times, helped me through everything, I trusted him with so much but he just threw that all away.

For what?

This is why I hate the truth.

Truth is pain.

''Try and stay still Sky.'' Valerie says to me as I lay on Kai's lap while she stitches me up.

Sofia sits in the passenger side while Ethan drives the car in a rush to get home, which hurts since usually Blaze sits there.

''Why did you leave her alone?'' I curse at Kai with anger but tense as I feel pain.

''I wasn't thinking, I just needed to help you so I left her.'' He looks down with disappointment.

''You should of let him kill me, I'd rather me then her.'' I cry out in pain.

''I didn't mean to hurt you both.'' His face drops.

I flinch as Valerie pokes the needle in me.

''Nearly there just try and stay calm.'' Valerie says softly with sadness in her voice as she finishes the stitches.

''I can't keep calm.'' I get up using all my strength. ''I just found out one of the most important person in my life has betrayed me, the kid who I treat as my child could be dead, my dad just beat the shit out of me and tried to kill me, I just watched my best friend try to kill my other best friend and now I am bleeding to death which half the people in this fucked up world want anyway.''

Everyone falls silent.

I look up to Kai who won't even make eye contact with me and Valerie who has a single tear falling out her eye.

Ethan continues driving and I hear him sigh deeply.

Maybe they don't even care?

''So what you gonna do about it?'' I hear Sofia say from the front seat as she looks straight ahead.

''What?'' I question confused.

''If your life is going that shit and everything is falling apart then instead of complaining change it.'' She shrugs at me as she loads bullets into her gun.

''It's not that easy.'' I sigh out with tears in my eyes.

''That's bullshit, you're a fucking assassin who runs a mafia with the leader of the Spanish mafia as your boyfriend.'' She angles towards me with a smile.

I smile softly as her comment but push it away after and roll my eyes.

''Show them who you are.'' She nods before loading her other gun and passing me it.

I clutch the gun and look to Kai who has a knife in his hand and Valerie who has her knife set strapped against her chest.

Bursting out of the car doors I run into the house followed by the team.

''Ari?'' I shout with a gun in hand.

I hear sudden movements from the side of the house and push my body against the wall as Kai moves to the other side.

Ethan and Sofia move in first as two men turn the corner and spot them.

Valerie throws her knife which lands directly in between one of the men's eyes, Ethan shoots next hitting the man in the leg so he collapses to the floor.

I run round the corner and take out my knife pressing it against his neck, drawing blood.

''Please, Please.'' The man pleads. ''I'm just doing my job, I don't mean any harm.''

''So what was your mission?'' I spit in anger leaning closer to his face.

''I was told to pick up a child who lives here then take her to Roman gray but if she didn't cooperate then kill her.'' He blurts out.

''Didn't mean any harm my ass.'' Ethan scoffs. ''You would kill a three year old? You are fucking sick.''

I pull out my gun and press it inside the mans mouth making him gag in pain.

''Where is she.'' I take the safety off and tilt my head.

Finally, physcotic Skylar has returned.

''I don't know.'' He cries out so I take my knife and stab his leg in anger but a smile appears as he screams in pain.

Moving down I pull the knife out and get ready to stab him again but he looks up at me with fear.

Good.

''She isn't here, we were told that she was already collected so we should leave but then you came as we were about to.'' He raises his hands.

''Collected by who?'' I whisper in anger.

''I'm not sure but Blaze said to leave since she is in a different location.'' He tells us and I feel my body tense as that traitors name is mentioned.

''What's the location.'' I say with a knife at his throat again.

He shakily pulls out his phone which I grab and throw to Ethan.

''About 10 minutes from here.'' He nods so I remove the knife from the man's neck and walk away.

''So can I go?'' He pleads as I nod and walk away. ''Blaze said you couldn't kill me.'' He sighs with a laugh.

I spin my body around and tilt my head again, with the tip of my tongue pressing against the side of my cheek.

''Sky come on it's not worth it.'' Ethan whispers.

''You're right.'' I nod with a smile and walk away but quickly turn again and shoot him in the head three times while throwing a knife straight through his heart.

''But it's so much fun.'' I smirk before walking out the door back to the car.

The rest of the team follow in shock and no one says anything as we drive to Arias location.

As we pull up to the house I look to see a small broken home with smashed windows and crumbling walls.

My neck twitches at the thought of her being here so I charge in while kicking the door down.

''Aria?'' Sofia shouts, looking around.

''Ari it's Kai, tell us where you are.'' Kai says from my side.

Walking into the other room we see nothing except from her teddy lying on the floor covered in dirt.

I grab my stomach in shock and gasp feeling fear filll my body again.

''Where is she?!'' Ethan shouts.

I start to feel my breathing quicken and chest gets heavy as the walls close in on me.

''I can't do this.'' I mutter to myself in pain.

The silence consumes me and I feel my world breaking down once again.

But from the corner of my eye I see a figure walking out from the other room.

I grab my gun and point it towards the figure but freeze when I see who it is.

Theo stands with Aria in his arms as she laughs while he holds a book reading it to her.

''Skylar?'' Theo questions as he looks up to me in shock.

I try to speak but nothing comes out.

''Aria thank god.'' Kai runs up to her and kisses the top of her head.

The rest of the team follow and smother her in kisses and cuddles as she laughs.

My eyes start to pool again as I try to wipe away the tears but just sob as Aria runs up to me and throws her arms over my neck.

''Hi princess.'' I kiss her forehead in tears.

''Hi Sky Sky.'' He smiles and laughs which makes me sob even more.

Looking up to Theo, he stands awkwardly with a little fear in his eyes.

''I can explain.'' Theo smiles to me as I walk towards him and just throw my arms over his shoulder and tighten my grip.

''Thank you.'' I whisper to him.

---

Aria sits on Kai's lap now as we all sit around the broken down kitchen waiting for an explanation.

''So it all started after Matthews death.'' Theo tells us with sadness in his eyes.

''Theo, Blaze killed him I'm so sorry but he betrayed us all and I will kill him for that.'' Kai tells him.

Looking down at the floor I feel sick that I have to admit that I want Blaze dead more then anything.

''No.'' Theo announces.

We fall silent once more.

''What?'' Sofia spits.

''Theo he is a traitor and was gonna kill us all.'' I mutter.

''No he wasn't Skylar.'' He smiles.

''Look I know you are in shock and this is hard for you but this is the truth, I saw it with my own eyes, he wanted to kill me. He put a fucking gun to my head.'' Valerie whispers out.

''Who else was there?'' He asks calmly.

Is he high?

''Me, Leo and Father?'' I say confused while looking around at everyone else to make sure I'm not going mad.

''Makes sense.'' He nods before looking down.

''I'm so fucking confused.'' Ethan states speaking for us all. 

I look at Theo who gives me a nod and a smile.

''Blaze isn't the mole he never has been, he doesn't work for our father he works for yours.'' Theo announces before pointing at Kai and Sofia who look up in shock.

''What the fuck?'' Sofia says.

''We had a plan, to get Skylar out of the mafia after we were informed of our Fathers mission to get Skylar and Kai killed in Spain, he hired assassins and put bounty's on your heads so everyone would chase you.'' Theo says softly.

''When I first heard that Skylar and Kai needed to pretend to fall in love I was so scared for Skylar so I went to Kai's house and planned on killing him even if that meant I had to loose my own life.'' He sighs out.

I look at Kai who looks confused yet sad.

''I had a gun to your head that night as you slept but your dad found me and instead of killing me he told me about Romans plan and how he was going to kill Skylar and Kai to take over both Mafias. So instead we decided to work together in attempt to keep you both safe,  your father did everything he could to keep you alive.''

''Yeah that sounds like him, only cares about his mafia.'' Kai sighs out with his arms crossed over his chest.

''No Kai, your father was prepared to surrender his entire mafia and life to save you. He made sure Skylar was at the ball so you would see her again and he made sure that no matter what happened both of you were kept alive because he said that your happiness was all that mattered to him.''

''No that makes no sense, the night of Skylar's accident he told me he would kill her.'' Kai tells Theo.

''It was a trick to get you out of the house since a team was on their way to shoot you, he knew you would never kill her so he figured you would run away with her. Which didn't go to plan because of the accident.''

''So he didn't tell Kai I was dead?'' I question.

''No, Leo did because he planned on killing you the night you came home drunk and met him for the first time so he didn't want Kai to come looking for you or save you.''

''Why didn't he kill me?'' My voice breaks.

''He was going to but Blaze saw him at your door that night and had to distract him so instead he came forward to your father and Leo that he would help get Kai and you together so he could kill you both.''

''Blaze saved her?'' Valerie questions.

Theo nods with a smile. ''He saved you all, every time any of you came close to death or something happened he protected you and worked with Kai and Sofia's father to keep all of us safe and alive because he knew that we aren't the villains.''

A mix of emotions wash over me as I feel shock, relief but also pain.

Physical and mental.

''Why did Blaze kill Matthew though?'' Ethan asks confused.

''Because Matthew was hired as an assassin to kill us all that day in the airport, so instead Blaze killed him and created a diversion to get us all out of there.'' He admits.

Fuck.

We all sit around too stunned to speak because of all the information we were just told.

''One more thing.'' Theo says as we all look up at him.

The door handle twists and I jump to get my gun in shock as I move in front of Aria as a shield.

But instead Theo just shakes his head making me stop as we see who walks in.

''Dad?'' Kai says from behind me.

***

Hey!!

So sorry for the long updates, I have been struggling a lot mentally and needed a little break but I am making the chapters longer to make up for it.

Hope you enjoyed the plot twist!! What do you all think?

Love you all xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.5K 1.1K 54
When a mafia daughter gets kicked out she has no choice but to join a different mafia. Little does she know, her and the mafia leader fall madly in l...
234K 7.2K 35
Desperate Mia Evans finds herself in an awkward position with her newly found boss Arden west, who just happens to be the mysterious guy she left an...
2.6K 155 34
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...
2K 170 20
Rebecca Gray is a lot of things; a hustler, a criminal and a hitman. But can she keep her calm and professional demeanour when her past is suddenly...