Yoru x Reader: I'll Return

By Alynia45

You, as the reader, start to envelope yourself in the Valorant headquarters. However, upon revealing the enem... More

Chapter 2 - Operation: Icebox
Chapter 3: An Unrivaled Enemy Approaches
Chapter 4: Battle in Mexico
Chapter 5: Battle in Mexico II
Chapter 6: An Uncanny Assault
Chapter 7: An Uncanny Assault II
Chapter 8: Dimensional Love Connection

Chapter 1 - An Unexpected Meeting

3.5K 87 46
By Alynia45

You happen to wake up foggy and not knowing what to do in Valorant headquarters. The morning rays beaming through your flowy curtains inside your quiet bedroom. As you are brushing your teeth and contemplating on what to eat for breakfast, your phone starts ringing and as you pick up, you hear a familiar raspy yet urgent voice at the other end. You breathed a sigh of frustration as you rubbed your eyelids with your hands and asked, "Hello this is [Your Name], can I help you...?"

"[Your Name]!! Where are you!? We have a meeting in our briefing room starting in five minutes! On the double now!" Brimstone's husky old voice radiating over the phone like daggers despite his old age.

You fumbled your toothbrush in the bathroom with the sound of his voice and exclaimed, "Y-Yes sir, Brimstone I'll be there! I'm terribly sorry!"

You managed to get your battle gear on quickly and head on out of your quarters and frantically ran into the brief room on time with long gasps of air from all that running.

Oh shit, this is very embarrassing, how can I manage a prime example of my agency if I keep doing this. This doesn't bode well for me!!
As you arrived within the briefing room, you felt several eyes dawn upon your entrance. You barely took your seat and you managed to get your laptop ready.
"[Your Name] this is the second time that you are actually late but luckily enough we were just starting so I'll let you go this time. Let's be clear [Your Name], just because you're slightly new to this operation doesn't give you any right to slack off. Now I know that you were under some special agency within the United States and they sent you here since you are ranked one of the top agents in their ranks, so I expected that you had some major behavioral changes." Brimstone exclaimed but breathed a slight sigh due to much exertion from his speech as he was around forty-five years old and still kicking as a commander of the Valorant agency.

"Y-Yes sir, I understand. It won't happen again." You breathed a sigh of disappointment as you prepared your laptop in case anything important during the meeting was stated.

Phoenix and Killjoy were smiling and giggling, whereas others remained dead serious with no expression. Viper on the other hand was shaking her head and Yoru was shaking his head and his eyes closed in disappointment.

"Anyways, enough of that. Our meeting starts right now," Brimstone cleared his throat as he began his speech.

"As you all know we have been informed of several suspicious activities that are happening within Russia, Bennett Island-"

"Icebox?! Again? Why try to attack there twice? I've been there before, with Phoenix! Those bastards..." Yoru exclaimed as he slammed his hands on the long meeting table in frustration.

"Yeah, and I still haven't forgiven you for even shooting through me by the way," Phoenix replied as he rolled his eyes disapprovingly with his arms crossed.

"Yes yes, Yoru I understand your frustrations and you had an alternative mission with Phoenix as your partner in dealing with such matters. However, as much as I want to answer that question of what operations they are still doing in Icebox, I have no clue. There's bound to be some sort of secret organization that we haven't heard of that is doing more Spike tests to try and distribute them across the world."

Brimstone closed his eyes and breathed a short breath outward. "I want you to take [Your Name] with you along with Phoenix and investigate the matter and report back."

"Why what for? So that this noob of an agent will record everything? Pathetic."

You obviously took that as a serious offense as you were typing in your laptop but you ignored it and kept typing as if nothing ever happened while gritting your lip angrily with your teeth.

Brimstone however, did not like that response from Yoru, so he sighed in grief as he shook his head disapprovingly. "Yes, you are to take her to the Icebox, but there will be no combat! Report what you find and get out of the Icebox before we plan a strike within the Icebox. This operation starts tomorrow, for now you are all dismissed and the operation starts tomorrow in 1800 hours. For now, Yoru and Phoenix, you take [Your Name] to the training grounds and show her which weapons we use during the operations."

"Yes sir, I understand the conditions," you explained as you gathered your things.

"Tch!" Yoru spat under his breath as he lifted himself off from the chair and left the meeting room in anger, bolting out of the doorway. You looked at him as if you were worried about the operation already, doubting of the chance that the operation might be a failure not because that you were a beginner but also Yoru's strange erratic attitude. You were looking at your phone and tried to look at Yoru's profile until someone tapped on your shoulder.

"Hey don't worry about him, kiddo. He's just an angry dragon that really wants more chewing action than just some simple scouting mission. But hey, this is why Brimstone assigned me to tag along in case anything happens, because obviously things could go bad if Yoru decides to smash this operation to pieces when he starts raining bullets, ya know," Phoenix smiled down at you as he pats your shoulder gently.
"Alright, thank you Phoenix," You smiled back knowing that there's someone that can comfort you.

It was already 9:00 PM and you head over to the training grounds just as Brimstone instructed. Yoru was leaning on his back against the wall as his eyes were closed and Phoenix was waving at you to come over to him to explain the different weapon types.

"[Your Name]! Over here, over here!"

You ran over and just as you started to run, Yoru opened his eyes and shouted, "Hey!"

You turned around after you took a few steps of running and you were quite surprised that he was actually talking to you, "Yeah? What is it, Yoru?"

Yoru walked towards you, his feet clamping against the ground as you felt the vibrations of the ground, your body trembling in fear. "If you ever fail the mission tomorrow, I swear I won't forgive you," Yoru exclaimed as he pointed his finger at you. "Better not mess this one up."

Phoenix scoffed with a short grin, "Yeah says the teleporting dragon that won't keep his bearing of fighting everything at once."

"Shut the fuck up, fire face." Yoru walk up to the gun range with a sheriff and start shooting the targets like nothing; all are headshots and all of the targets came toppling down like paper machetes.

You were looking at the targets with an open mouth and Phoenix started laughing. "Yep, that's Yoru for you. He's an expert at killing and great at headshotting people without them even breathing a second. You don't wanna cross him, my friend."

You gulped in shock as you reminded yourself in your mind about Yoru's attitude and his skills. Okay, guess Yoru ain't fuckin' around with anyone.

After Yoru took his shots with the sheriff, he did the western holster style where he fancily spun the gun around before he quickly holstered it onto his side.

"Damn, Yoru you don't need to be fancy otherwise you're gonna get [Your Name] to fall for you."

You felt your face go a bit red as your cheeks felt really warm. Yoru scoffed, "Pfft that noob, crushing on me? Please, I have better things to do than be smothered by her."

You were taken aback and you started to shake your head in trying to break from your trance. You puffed your cheeks in sheer anger, "Oh yeah? Let me try!"

You picked up a spare sheriff within the gun range and you readied yourself knowing the recoil and when it's going to burst. You took your position and you held the sheriff properly, calculating the bullet speed and the aiming. You closed one eye knowing that you could try for a headshot. As your finger started to pull the trigger of the sheriff, the shot hit but when you opened your eye you realized that it was a body shot instead.

Yoru smiled and shrugged, "Nice try, noob. Keep at it though, but even then you won't be able to beat me." Yoru patted your shoulder in pity before walking away from the gun range.

You felt really down as Yoru exited the training range and you slumped your body downward in distress. Phoenix slightly smiled and said, "Hey, there's nothing to worry about. This is also why I'm here, to cheer you up and making sure you concentrate and focus on improvement and what is truly important, alright?"

You straightened your body and you looked up at Phoenix's smiling face and you couldn't help but feel relieved. "Thanks, Phoenix, I appreciate that very much."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.4K 1K 13
「 Y/N L/N became a radiant after a certain incident that happened in her life, she started to steal radianite and kill anyone that would come across...
61K 2.1K 29
Y/N, an extremely gifted radiant. Looked after by Viper after the tragedy that happened to their family. Y/N's a water-type radiant, soon finds out m...
47.1K 753 16
After the incident of the First Light, people have been given powers and are now called radiants. But as time went on, a war brew between the humans...
1K 12 10
Being set at the main base for over a year now, only to wake up to find out KorTac is visiting the base in search for new recruits, only you have no...