𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡...

By haleyboook

druig x oc ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── "I'll love you until the day the sky comes falling down on us." "Only... More

prologue
beginnings
averted gazes
party
sky fall
repercussions
natural born leader
mission
quit it
cosmic coldness
phastos
history
jealousy
confiding in friends
confrontation
dreams
grovel
slip ups
engagement
sersi x ikaris wedding
suppressed emotions
expose secrets
home
final battle
departure
new community
drunken adventures
rings
small details
yellow
family
unknown identity
my wife
remember me
memorials
makkari returns
liability
the night she left
finding serendipity
ignorance is bliss
compromise
ikaris' betrayal
more than a betrayal
Q & A
emergence
killing tiamut
ajak's betrayal
life restored
storybook wedding
saying goodbyes
epilogue

future

9.8K 365 278
By haleyboook

╔────── ¤ ◎ ¤ ──────╗
"I told you I'd be coming
back again for you but
I'm not. I'm going away
where the world will
never find me."
╚────── ¤ ◎ ¤ ──────╝

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

2024:

"Come on Maya." I look up to Sarah's whining and pestering face. I smile and say "One minute. I just have to finish this sketch." She peers over my shoulder and says "It's the same person you always sketch. Sketch me next. You have to be getting tired of this man."

I look down to the sketch and frown "This is the clearest image my imagination has. He's handsome isn't he?"

She shrugs and says "Not my type. Cute dimples though. I think the other person you sketch is more entertaining. She's beautiful. By far my favorite. She always has a big smile on her face." I tap the sketch and toss the notebook onto the desk. Letting it close on impact. I stand up and say "Do we really have to go to this historical event? I hate these stuck up events you drag me to."

She nods and says "Put on a pretty dress and meet me at the car. Hurry up slow poke." I groan and stand up. I head to my bedroom and run my hand through the clothes in my closet.

I slide a dress on and slip into some shoes. The things she drags me to.

I walk down the steps and she says "Finally! Come on. Chop. Chop."

"Shut up." I mutter to her as she walks away

We head to the car and I say "This is a historical gala?" As I look at the big billboard ahead.

She nods and says "They'll have big displays to read and look at. There's some things being auctioned off too. It should be a fun night. Also there's a Tony Stark remembrance display. With a iron man suit to take pictures with!"

I nod and god she's kind of a shallow person isn't she?

We enter the event and I look around at everything around us. I approach the displays with Sarah following shortly behind.

Wow they have some old artifacts. I touch the painting and the woman who's the lead artifact historic says "Beautiful isn't it?"

I nod and say "Yeah. It's very beautiful. What time is this from?"

She nods and says "There's no telling how old this is. Some art appraisers say it's centuries on centuries old. Some say it's only from the 1600's. Mother Earth, Gaia. She existed in myths and stories for as long as Earth existed. Rumored that Mother Earth had died after Thanos snapped his fingers this piece has gone up in price."

I narrow my eyes at the painting and say "She had powers?"

"She was the protector of humans. She was the connection from land and humans. Her stories are more myth telling then real history but I love her history, it's so beautiful."

I nod and Sarah says "I'm going to check out the Tony Stark display." I wave my hand for her to go.

She walks away and I say "So she's just a myth?"

She shrugs and says "We'll never know for sure. I'd like to believe that she was real. We need more strong women for little girls to look up to."

I nod and say "She looks so familiar."

She looks to me and says "You look like you could be a long lost relative of hers."

I chuckle and say "I highly doubt that."

She smiles and says "There's multiple telling a of how she died. No one knows for sure how she passed. Some say she passed in the 1950's. Some say she never existed. And some say that Thanos killed her!"

I flinch at the mention of thanos and nod to her. "She's mysterious."

The woman nods and says "Exactly! I think that's why I'm so drawn to her story. The more I know of her the more confused I become, but every new piece of information is so interesting."

I nod and say "I'm sure it is. So she like shot light out of her hands?" Very confused

She nods and says "Exactly. She protected the humans. Her love for humans was limitless. She loved no one more then humans."

Except Druig.

What the hell?? Who said that? My inner thoughts are too loud lately.

Intercom says "Captain Steve Rogers display being broadcasted now!"

I look behind me and see people move in herds towards it. She sighs and says "I suppose I should go help explain everything Steve Rogers now. Be my guest and look at the display for as long as you desire."

She walks away and I look at the ancient scripts that are photographed. 'Mother Earth loves me! love, Zenna.' 'A, B, C, D, E , F, G...."

I can read those?

Another person working this event walks by and I say "Excuse me, do you know what these say?" I motion to the scripts and he stares at them for a minute "Uhhh, I don't. If I remember correctly, these have never been translated. They're one of the great mysteries of our history. Something more your speed would probably be one of the other displays. There's a wonderful Captain America and Iron man display I can tell you everything about just to your left."

"No. No it's fine."

He walks away and I look at the small dagger. Gold encrusted. It's beautiful. I touch it and my whole body freezes.

"Gaia.. my love...."

I yank my hand away from it and stare at the display in utter confusion. Why the hell is it...speaking to me? The mans voice... I am drawn to the voice.

I approach it again and touch the object "Why did you leave? Please come home.." My heart aches and I nearly shudder a sob.

"Ma'am! You're not allowed to touch those objects! That object is older then the United States!"

The woman pulls my hand away from it and I say "I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me." I shake my head and stumble away slightly.

Sarah shouts "Maya! Maya come take my picture!"

I nod and head over, still glancing at the display of Gaia, Mother Earth. It's crazy and stunning. Everyone's infatuated by Captain America and Iron Man. She's beautiful and even more powerful then those men. Why are they so obsessed with them?

I approach Sarah and she hands me her phone. She kisses the Iron man suit's cheek and I take the picture.

"another one."

I shake my head at Sarah and she says "Another one."

I roll my eyes and she says "Maya make sure you get my good side."

I chuckle and continue to take her pictures. Sarah always makes me laugh. No matter the occasion or where we are. I say to her "You sound like DJ Khaled."

She laughs and snorts. I shake my head my anxiousness easing away.

I take numerous pictures with her and she says "Can we go see that new movie now?"

I scrunch my face up and say "What movie?" All I want to do right now is go home and eat my weight in chips. Take these heels off and lounge in my pj's.

She motions to the big billboard outside. I look to the billboard and my face scrunches up to annoyance once again.

No.

I stare at the completely ridiculous Shadow Warrior 3 billboard. I scoff and say "The first movie was horrible."

She groans and says "But he's SO hot. Kingo is smoking hot! Please!! Come on Maya! I went to see La La land with you! I sobbed for most of it but I still went! Plleeeeaaassee?"

I feel like this nauseating feeling when she says he's hot. I don't know what it is. It's like she called my brother hot. I shake my head and say "His sex scene in that one movie was traumatizing enough! I'm not seeing the third shitty movie of the series."

She whines "Comeeee onn!" I mean, she did go see La La land with me. Also numerous other movies.

God that was such a good movie. That one song always sticks in my mind too.

City of stars... are you shining just for me? City of stars... There's so much that I can't see.

I sigh and say "Fine. But if they have a flash dance montage I'm walking out of the movie theaters."

"Deal! Have I told you how much I love you lately??"

I roll my eyes and say "Not enough Sarah."

She hugs me tightly and pulls me out of the event. Quickly running across the busy road in front of us.

A taxi almost hits us and Sarah slaps the hood of the yellow vehicle screaming at him. Her New York accent really coming out as she flips him off.

"Watch where ya goin! Fuckin dick head!"

I smile to her amused and continue walking across the street carefully. When Sarah's angry she drops the G's in her words.

Holidays or events with watching sports with her is very stressful. Her family is even angrier but so sweet at the same time

They've welcomed me into the family with open arms. If you ever want good Italian food befriend your best friends Nona.

She makes me knead the pizza dough every time now. And luckily for me, I know Italian. Fluent Italian.

Shocked the hell out of Sarah. I know old Italian, olden phrases Nona would use. She's extremely sweet. But has horrible arthritis. I'm her like 7th set of hands in the kitchen.

It's all one big family and I embraced it most definitely.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Back with the other grouped Eternals:

Sprite stares at Ikaris as they travel to find Kingo. Tension is so high as they approach the movie set. They brief Kingo on Ajak's death and his face immediately falls. Sersi pleads that they need his help. He grudgingly agrees and says "Wait, I thought Ajak said that Gaia would take over as leader if something were to happen to her."

Sersi nods and says "I thought that too. I guess she made a different choice. But we thought you may know where Gaia is. When Sprite came to me she had no idea where she was."

Kingo chuckles and says "You expect me to know where Gaia is over Sprite? I haven't spoken to Gaia since she came looking for Sprite after she got engaged."

Sersi says "She was engaged??"

Kingo laughs and says "You weren't invited to the wedding too!"

Ikaris says "Wedding?"

Sprite clears her throat and says "She's most likely with Makkari and Druig. Where she usually is." Kingo narrows his eyes at Sprite and says "Fine. Let's go find the others."

Sprite says "Thena and Gilgamesh are together, I know where they are."

Ikaris says "Hold on, Gaia and Druig got married?" Sprite sighs and says "It was a beautiful wedding. Yes. They got married."

Sersi crosses her arms and says "We should have been contacted." Sprite chuckles and says "There were 3 guests at the ceremony."

Sprite walks away and Kingo says "Wait.. 3? Who was it!?"

Sprite continues walking and Kingo says "So, what other Eternal was there?"

They make their way to Thena and Gil's hideout in the dessert. Kingo laughs at his phone as they fly on his plane. Sersi says "What?"

Kingo laughs loudly and says "My premiere of Shadow Warrior 3 is happening right now in New York and I have tons of people entering from an event across the street. Holy hell some of them are smoking hot!"

Ikaris peers over his shoulder and Sprite looks. She gasps and says "That's Gaia!"

Sersi pushes them out of the way and swipes the phone away from Kingo. "Oh my god it is. Why is she there?"

Kingo smiles and says "At least someone supports my movies! I knew she secretly loved me!"

Sprite says "Turn around the plane!"

The others nod in agreement. Kingo gives orders to change flight path. Kingo smiles and says "She's with a very attractive woman. Wow. Damn. Dibs. Ikaris, I call dibs."

Ikaris glares at Kingo harshly. "Shut...up."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

With Druig in the Amazons:

Druig circles the iron workers as they work on welding pieces of metal together. His chest tightens and he confusedly senses Gaia. Someone he wasn't truly anticipating sensing again. His heart rate speeds and he walks towards her beautiful, beautiful laughing. He swears he can almost hear her nervous hiccups.

Subconsciously he says "Gaia...my love." Barely loud enough to escape his mouth

His mind is playing sick games on him. Gaia is gone. She's been gone for years.

He sighs and then he hears her say "Sarah I don't have the energy to go-" He loses the tie and forcefully searches for her again.

Desperately.

Druig's never been a desperate person ever. But he needed to find Gaia. Desperately.

No.

God please no.

Gaia... your voice. I need to hear your voice desperately... please.. I just need you.

No..

Please no.

Druig's anger sparks and his control over humans travels quickly to everyone in the community and chaos temporarily breaks loose.

Druig's emotions and pain are causing chaos. Pure chaos

Trees torch and he snaps out of his trance.

She's gone.

Accept it.

Be a man.

...God I miss her.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

a/n: did I just update consistently two days in a row? Yup! I'm so sorry about this chapter. I know I throw you guys through loops so often but some were asking me to go to the future and I felt it was time! All will make so much more sense after the next chapter. Basically, she left...Gaia left Druig. Okay! We're now in the future!! All will make sense very soon! If I don't update soon I'm probably sleeping. Lmao. If y'all ever need someone to talk to my messages are always open. I'm always open to making new friends! Anyways, thoughts on this chapter? Is it too confusing? Question to be answered below!

Q&A: Coolest villain in the mcu?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 11.2K 20
"My love, all we have is time." oc x druig (marvel's Eternals) oc x ikaris (marvel's Eternals) #1 originalcharacter #2 lovetriangle #1 Ikaris #1 Eter...
49.2K 1.1K 28
An MCU Eternals and Druig x fem!oc book, meaning I make a character, you play them, your love interest is Druig and this story takes place in the mov...
108K 3.1K 22
"You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen" "Thats enough for me, if it's enough for you" 7000 years ago we stood by each other's sides, now we...
68.1K 3.4K 28
"What's the point in being seen as gods if we can't save those who need us?" "That's the thing. We aren't gods. Not really". Druig x Male OC Marvel E...