The Truth Will Set You Free :...

De WrittenByKalifa

After Ayanna's mom passed away when she was 6, she began to live with her dad. That's when when she suddenly... Mais

Side Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT💕
Chapter 24

Chapter 6

1K 52 4
De WrittenByKalifa

The following day, Mrs. Mills took Ayanna back home.

"I'm sorry you aren't feeling okay. Maybe I can come get you next weekend" said Mrs. Mills.

"Okay", Ayanna replied.

"...it isn't something we did, was it?", asked Mrs. Mills.

"No. I just really don't feel good", said Ayanna.

Brian came outside of the house. He was surprised to see Ayanna back so soon.

"Everything okay?", he asked as he walked closer to Ayanna.

"Yea. I just don't feel to great. I'm going to lay down. Thank you for spending time with me grandma", said Ayanna. "Maybe another weekend"

"Okay", Mrs. Mills replied.

Ayanna got her things from the backseat and walked into the house.

Brian looked at Mrs. Mills. "What happened?", he asked.

"You heard her. She said she doesn't feel well. I don't know maybe this was a bad idea. I shouldn't have came", said Mrs. Mills. "Im sorry"

Mrs. Mills knew it wasn't anything really wrong with Ayanna. So she felt like she did something to cause Ayanna to leave and it made her feel bad.

"Bye", Mrs. Mills said before backing out. She didn't wanna show her emotions to Brian.

Brian sighed then walked into the house.

"Come on Ayanna. What's going on?", asked Brian.

"I dont know. I guess I'm not used to being away from you so I came back home", said Ayanna.

"All week you've been talking about how you wanna get out of here", he said.

Ayanna sighed as she sat down.

Brian looked at her shopping bags.

"Got some new clothes?", he asked trying to change the subject.

"Yea...", said Ayanna.

"That's nice", said Brian.

"...Alyssa reminded me of mom..I mean like how she looked. They look so much a like. I don't think Alyssa liked me or wanted me there. She barely spoke to me. Grandma and Zara loved that I was there but I don't know...it didn't feel right", said Ayanna.

"Maybe because you haven't seen them in so long", said Brian. "You can't just jump and leave because that awkward feeling. That's going to happen because you haven't seen them in so long"

"I guess", Ayanna said.

"Well I know", said Brian.

Brian didn't want Ayanna around them because of the fear of what they might tell her but he didn't want her to know that of course. So he acted like he cared about her coming home early.

"Yea you're right. I feel bad and stupid", said Ayanna.

"You definitely aren't stupid but I'm sure it's okay. Mrs. Mills will understand. With you she was always open arms arms", said Brian.

Ayanna smiled a little then she stopped.

"You're okay, right?", asked Ayanna.

"Yea..what do you mean? Why do you ask?", asked Brian.

"You were drinking", said Ayanna. "You looked drunk and then you wake up like nothing happened. Just normal"

Brian didn't say anything for a moment.

"...just don't do what I do alright?", said Brian.

Ayanna made a face.

"How about you not do what you're doing?", Ayanna asked.

"Now that's my cue to end this conversation", said Brian as he stood up.

"But—"

"I don't wanna talk about it.", said Brian before walking toward the stairs.

"Well have you at least talked to Kelly?", asked Ayanna. "I know I'm young but you've raised a smart girl and you also always told me that it's okay to talk about things that you're going through with a trust worthy person. I get it, you may not want me to know what you have going on because I may look at you different but at the end of the day you're still dad and I will love you always but if you're not going to talk to me...at least talk to Kelly or somebody."

"Look at you giving me advice", said Brian.

"Well it came from you so you should take your own advice", said Ayanna.

Brian chuckled and shook his head.

"...you're right. I do think that you'd look at me different and you will. No matter how much you think you won't...you will", said Brian.

"Dad, you're overreacting", said Ayanna with a giggle.

"...yea...maybe you're right", he said lying. "Yea you're right but still it isn't something I'm going to discuss with you"

Ayanna nods. "That's fine" said Ayanna. "Just don't let it tear you don't okay? Think of it like this..the more you hold on to something that's stressing you out, the more it takes control of you. Causing you to do things like drink alcohol, bad habit by the way you should stop—"

Brian chuckled. "Wow", he said under his breath.

"But the moment you talk about and let that frustration out, the whole world is lifted off your shoulders because you may have somebody there to tell you that it's okay and make you feel better about the situation", said Ayanna. "You keep saying nothing's wrong, nothings wrong...but daddy the truth with set you free."

Ayanna put her hand on his shoulder.

"Okay?", said Ayanna.

"Okay", Brian said. "Okay Diamond Jr."

Ayanna smiled.

"I remind you mom?", asked Ayanna.

"Everyday you do", he said. "She said would love to see you now", said Brian.

Ayanna stopped touching Brian.

Brian walked toward the stairs.

"If Kelly comes, I'm upstairs", said Brian before walking upstairs.

Ayanna got a message.

MESSAGES

Corey: hey, I know you're
probably busy or sleep
but I just wanted to know
if I come and talk to your
dad one day, would that
help him in letting you go
on a date with me?

"Oh boy", said Ayanna to herself. "Here his bold ass go"

Ayanna: idk. He always got his
first impressions from the party😭

Corey: yea but I didn't even get
a chance to say anything to
the man😂 trust me. Just
let me talk to him. I gotta
meet him formally one day right.

Ayanna: one day? what you tryna
say? You see yourself being with
me for a lil min?

Corey: girl I see myself being
with you for a long ass hour😉

Corey: 😂😂oh hell nah.
Let me stop that was corny af
lmao. But fr though i think we
have some potential

Ayanna: well then..come here
today. I'm back home.
Don't ask me what happened. I
feel stupid about leaving them
so soon🤦🏾‍♀️. But if you think
you're ready to handle the
pressure then come today

Corey: bet. Corey ain't no bitch

Ayanna: Boy bye😂😂 you're so stupid.
I'll send my location

Corey: Iight

Ayanna started to go upstairs to tell her dad about Corey coming over to met him, but she decided to let things be a surprise. She didn't  want Brian to come up with a plan to scare Corey off.

———

As Ayanna waited for Corey, Kelly came into the house.

"Hey pretty", said Kelly. "Back so soon?"

"Yea", said Ayanna. "I guess I was nervous"

"That's understandable", said Kelly. "Have fun though?"

"Yea. I got some new clothes too but I'm glad you're here", said Ayanna. "I have someone coming over and I need you to help me make sure my dad is on his best behavior."

"A boy?", asked Kelly.

Ayanna nods.

"Oh no", said Kelly.

The doorbell rang.

"That's him", said Ayanna as she went to open the door.

"Hey, you", said Corey as smiled at Ayanna.

"Hey", said Ayanna as she smiled back.

Corey walked into the house and looked at Kelly.

"Hey, I'm Corey", said Corey.

"I'm Kelly. Her dad's girlfriend", said Kelly.

Corey nods.

"Speaking of my dad. I'll go and get him", said Ayanna before going upstairs.

"I'm sorry for you", said Kelly jokingly but surprise at the same time.

"He's that bad?", asked Corey.

"Even I have some difficulties with him sometimes", said Kelly.

Brian came downstairs and Ayanna followed him.

"Dad this Corey, Corey this is my dad", said Ayanna.

Brian put his hand out and Corey and him shook each other's hand.

"You look familiar. Boy at the party right?", asked Brian.

"Yea", said Corey.

"So you got my daughter lying to me about where she's at and now you wanna meet me?", asked Brian.

"Daddy that was my—"

"Shh. You wanted me to meet the boy, I'm meeting him. He can talk", said Brian.

"Well sir I didn't tell her to that. That's was between her and Melissa", said Corey. "I thought that I'd come and meet you because it's better for you to know about me then to not know about me at all. I'm sure you wanna get to know the person your daughter is dating right? I just don't wanna sneak around with her behind your back with a boy you don't even know. So I would like for you to get to know me and see what my intentions are."

Kelly and Ayanna looked at each other because Corey was handling it better than expected. He even had Brian quiet for a moment.

"...let's talk outside", said Brian.

"Why not talk in —"

"Outside", said Brian.

"Stop stressing. Really", said Corey with a chuckle.

Brian and Corey walked outside.

"Oh shit. It's really up to him now girl", said Kelly.

"...hopefully he'll do good", said Ayanna. "I really like him...since middle school to be exact"

"Aww. That's cute", said Kelly.

"...how did you and date meet?", asked Ayanna.

"Well um...we met at the mall one day", said Kelly.

Kelly and Brian never brought up the fact that Kelly and Diamond were friends because they didn't want Ayanna to look at Kelly differently.

"And how did you know he was the one?", asked Ayanna.

"Sometimes you don't know it. You just feel it. You get this feeling inside of you and you don't know why or what it means...I don't know I can't explain.

"You know dad is going through some things...talk to him please. I don't want him to do anything stupid", said Ayanna

Kelly nods.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

Hidden Truths De moshi317

Mistério / Suspense

692 200 26
Seventeen-year-old Samantha has been hiding the truth about her mother's death for many years, but the truth is about to come to light. It seems somo...
622K 16.8K 28
**CAUTION: A LOT OF GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, THIS WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS 13/14. WILL BE REWRITTEN SOON** Copyright © November 2014 All Rights Reserved She...
1.1M 36.6K 69
How would you feel when the world you grew up in crashed and burned? What if you were tossed into one that was all about survival? Would you persever...
1.6K 342 41
SEASON 2 OF HER RULES PROLOGUE It all started with my rules thinking is gonna be easier . I played the game of love by My Rules not knowing there are...