Edens Zero:Echo Through The C...

By demetriusperry

Mother. To some people she's just a myth, something that doesn't exists and is merely just a fairy tale. Howe... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 17

718 21 7
By demetriusperry

"We sure got hit pretty hard."

"Moscoy!"

"Even with the self repairing nature of the ship, this will take a while."

Sister, Witch, Hermit, and Mosco were seen walking around the ship. While the hacker was dealt with, they sustained a lot of damage during the process. Soon Hermit looked downwards as she felt responsible.

"I'm sorry, Witch."

"It's okay. I'm not blaming this on you Hermit."

"Nope. It's Hermit's fault."

"It's fine if you hate me. I'm just glad you're back."

~Meanwhile~
Yuuki was seem staring out the window. As he looked at the various stars in space, he was thinking back to the mission on Digitalis. More specifically, he was thinking back to his chat with Hermit after leaving the planet. As he took a B-Cube out of his pocket and began watching Nyanmaru videos, he thought to himself.

"If you give up and stay in the past, you'll be left with nothing as you abandoned the only thing you have to make your life better."

"Do as I say, not as I do. I bet I sounded very condescending. After all, I can't even follow my own advice. I wonder what Nyanmaru would do."

"Nyanmaru, he's too pure for this cosmos! I wonder if I can be like Nyanmaru. Someone who is everyone's friend and can protect them. However........."

"Thank goodness.....you're safe....Yuuki."

"CHANGE OUR LIVES FOR THE BETTER! I'M BETTING OUR FUTURE ON YOU, YUUKI!!!!"

".....I already failed protecting my friends twice."

"For someone who smacked some sense into me, you sure mope a lot."

Just as Yuuki turned around, he saw Hermit standing before him as she was also looking at Nyanmaru. As Yuuki sighed, he sat down as he continued watching his show.

"Thank you, Yuuki Eden."

"For what?"

"You listened to me and you only spoke of facts while I was refusing to help humans. You didn't do it just to be nice, but I feel you may have been able to understand me a bit. So let me give you advice. You shouldn't keep everyone at a distance. I'm sure they'll help you if you asked. After all, no one here is weak."

As Hermit said this, she began to leave to go help repair the ship. While Yuuki was now standing alone, he was clenching his fists as he looked at his show.

"I know they're not weak. I just don't want history to repeat itself again."

~Meanwhile~

"Dammit! Damn those douchebag losers!!!! I'll show them just how terrifying Drakken Joe and I can be! Byahahaha!!!"

As Spider was on Belial Goer, he was going to see Drakken Joe. After being humiliated, he was thirsty for revenge, especially against Yuuki. While he was heading to Drakken Joe's location, he saw a leg slam into a wall as if to block his path.

"Sir Joe is in a meeting now. Come back later."

"You're always creepy."

"It's urgent. Won't you please move your leg?"

"I told you he was in a meeting. Don't say I didn't warn you."

As Maria moved her leg, Spider moved forward to meet Drakken Joe. Though he was also stealing glances at Maria's body while doing so. The moment Spider entered the room, he spoke up as he saw Drakken Joe along with his other subordinates.

"Drakken Joe. It's urgent!"

"Is it something that'll make me more money than what i'm currently doing?"

When Spider saw Drakken Joe, he let a small scream out. He saw Drakken Joe hold a man by his throat that was only in his underwear as he had a beer bottle in his mouth. When Drakken Joe turned to face Spider, the hacker smiled nervously.

"Y-Yo brother. How's it going?"

"Who the hell are you?"

"He works for us in the technical department. What was his name? Tick?"

"It's Spider!!!!"

After receiving an answer from his subordinate, Drakken Joe decided to wrap up what he was currently doing. As the man turned to look at his victim, he asked one of his attendants what the victim was here for.

"Mr.Mary Morrison, we've loaned you 2 million glee. With interest, that comes up to 5 million. Your payment date is set as today. He said he'll definitely pay."

"Damn right he will. You always return the things you borrow. That's common sense."

The victim nodded his head in agreement. He didn't want to die here. Seeing this, Drakken Joe walked towards him as he wanted the man to stop.

"Woah, easy there. That is no ordinary bottle you got there."

The moment he placed his fingers on the bottle, Drakken Joe saw the man's head suddenly hitting the ground. Seeing his victim in agony, the man let a smirk form on his face.

"It's made of Guilst's heaviest metal, Dramour Ore. Cool, ain't it? It felt like glass just a second ago. Your job was something like drawing, right? So you can still work even if your mouth gets busted!"

As Drakken Joe said this, he kicked the victim's chin as hard as he could. This resulted in the bottle shattering in the man's mouth as his jaw was broken. Seeing this Spider started laughing at the victim.

"Byahahaha. Die you piece of shit!"

"Why's he gotta die?"

"Eh?"

"If we kill him, we can't get his money. Money is the most important thing in the Cosmos. This is what happens when you don't return my money. It's all right though. I can think of some jobs for you."

After sitting down and having a drink, Drakken Joe listened to what Spider had to say. As he puts down his glass, he looked at Spider dead in his eyes.

"Edens Zero and a boy with a barcode on his body? So they totally wrecked you and now you come back crying to me?"

"No- wait! They seriously suck. The lowest of the low!"

"Yet you got owned by those scum. You told them my name yet came back defeated. I made a living off this name. You know what that means, right? Seth!!!!!"

At his boss's command, Seth grabbed his gun yet it looked as if he didn't take it out of its holster at all. Before Spider knew it, he saw blood on the wall along with a bullet before falling onto the ground. Seeing this, Drakken Joe began to stand up.

"I don't smell money coming from him anymore. But I forgot to ask him two things. Edens Zero and the barcode boy......now that smells like a lot of money."

As Drakken Joe said this, he began to make a call to one person. When he saw the person he was calling answering him, he smirked as he got into contact with him.

~Meanwhile~
The entire crew, apart from Yuuki, aboard Edens Zero were all in the main deck as they had a lot to discuss. Three of the Four Shining Stars were found. In order to get to Mother, they needed Valkyrie, the final Shining Star.

As the group spoke, Yuuki walked into the room after eating a bunch of chocolate. When he walked in, he simply just waved. Though he wasn't here at the beginning, due to his strong hearing, he was able to listen to everything that was discussed. The moment he reached the group, he rests his left arm on Hermit's head.

"Hey, Hermy. You have an idea on how to find this Valkyrie person, right?"

"He's already given her a weird nickname."

"Well, there's one person we can ask. The legendary fortune teller of the Sakura Cosmos. Someone who knows past, present, and future. She's located on Mildian, the Planet of Time. It's said that time always stands still on that planet."

~Meanwhile~
"Everyone, how did you enjoy the Digitalis arc? Were you prepared for the worst when I said it would be cruel?"

Xiaomei once again stood alone as it looked as if she was standing in space. As the girl smiled to herself, she began to walk around as she spoke.

"Eh? What part of that was cruel, you say? True. People react to different things in different manners. Now Hermit has joined Shiki's crew and the only Shining Star left is Valkyrie."

"You'll dress like a bunny girl as promised, right? That was my condition for letting you board Edens Zero."

"I know. I did promise that. I won't mention that I forgot."

Currently, everyone was inside of the Dress Factory. Apparently, in order for Homura to even help on Guilst, she made a deal with Weisz. In exchange for getting on the ship, Homura had to wear a bunny girl outfit. As Yuuki just looked at Weisz as if he was an idiot, Hermit spoke up.

"Let me explain how it works."

"We'll start with a normal bunny girl outfit."

Just as Weisz was done inputting the information of the outfit, Homura was no longer wearing her normal attire. Right before everyone's eyes, Homura was in a bunny girl outfit. As Weisz looked lustfully at her body, Yuuki was staring at the top of Homura's head as Hermit continued to give an explanation.

"Those ears look soft."

"Once you've chosen a base, you can add more parts, delete the ones you don't want, add patterns, etc."

"I CAN DELETE PARTS I DON-"

"Careful how you want to respond, Wiseman."

As Yuuki was smiling, he was surrounding his hand in sound waves. Meanwhile Rebecca held her gun towards Weisz. While Rebecca did it to make sure Weisz wouldn't cross the line, Yuuki threatened him to shut him up. Soon Weisz, Rebecca, and Shiki were all choosing what Homura's outfit will be while Yuuki was just watching as both himself and Homura shared the same thought.

"Can we speed this up?"

"Hmmmm...I like it better than I thought."

As everyone was changing outfits, Hermit noticed someone was missing. When she looked around the room, she saw that Yuuki had already left. Seeing this, Hermit nudged at Shiki and Rebecca.

"It seems Yuuki won't be apart of this."

"Eh? But I wanted us to be a space ninja duo!"

"Now, now, Shiki. We can't force him to do something he's not comfortable with."

"To be honest..is Yuuki really close to anyone here?"

Rebecca and Shiki looked at Hermit as she said this. Yuuki did help them out a lot, but it didn't feel like he was doing it out of the kindness of his heart. It felt like there was a wall between Yuuki and the rest of Edens Zero crew. Seeing their conflicted faces, Hermit spoke up.

"We'll speak about that later. Right now, we've reached our destination. Mildian, the Planet of Time."

"So this is where the legendary fortune teller resides? She will tell us where to find my master."

"Be careful, everyone. The rumors say that this planet's time is always stopped. Plus it's also said that meeting the requirements for a divination might be hard, but if they are met, there is nothing she can't tell you."

~On Mildian~
"So this is the planet Mildian. What a tiny planet?"

The moment the Aqua Wing landed, Yuuki and the rest of the group walked out as they looked around the planet. Upon walking forward they saw an enormous building as they head for the door. However, Yuuki was shocked by one thing.

"Silent. It's so silent. Usually people's voices would be the first thing to enter my hearing, but all I hear is water flowing and some wind. Yet there are no voices I can hear apart from mine and the group."

"Oi, Yuuki. What does this door say?"

"You have eyes too, Shiki, use them. Anyways, it says that we have to be barefoot in order to enter.........that's a weird request. Maybe the owner has a foot fetish."

"He can crack jokes?!"

As everyone took off their footwear, Yuuki stepped forward as the rest of the group followed him the moment the door opened. However, his eyes widen in shock along with the others with what he saw.

"What the hell?! There's nothing here! It's just a void with a bunch of stars in our view."

"How long has it been since the Temple of Knowledge has had visitors? I am she who knows all in the galaxy."

"You're the legendary fortune teller?"

"I do not read tell your fortune. I read your time, Yuuki."

"How do you-"

"I know all your names. Yuuki, Shiki, Rebecca, Weisz, Homura, Happy, and Pino. Welcome to the Planet Mildian. I knew when and why you would come. Oh, you shouldn't worry about staying here for to long. You see, the time outside this planet doesn't move. The time you spend here doesn't interfere with the outer world. Meaning no matter how many years you spend on this planet, you will pick up right where you left off if you leave."

As Xiaomei explained this situation, she looked towards Yuuki. More specifically, she looked at the barcode that was on the boy's chest. A Code Breaker, people who were deemed as failures of the Eden Project (Lost Incident) in the sense that they could only kill the Demon King if they were ready to die. People like that brought great interest to her, not to mention that one of them actually came here for information on Yuuki. But that was a tale for another day.

"Now then, I can't exactly just tell you for free. Though you don't have to worry about money since I have no interest in it. I know the vast knowledge of the universe. From a person's crush right down to military secrets. That is why I need an equal trade for the information I give."

"So then, what is the cost?"

"Let's see. The location of Valkyrie. It's not too ambiguous of information. The effect it will have on the universe, hmm......about level 10."

As Xiaomei said this, she snapped her fingers as Yuuki and the group were sinking into the floor. Soon the group found themselves falling as they all landed harshly on the ground. When they got up, they saw that they were no longer in an empty void. Surrounding them was a crowd of people in stands as they were in some sort of arena. When Yuuki looked around, he saw Xiaomei high in the stands as she smiled.

"Where the hell are we?!"

"Hehe. Welcome to the Mildian Battle Colosseum!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 91 43
(Y/N)(L/N) has always been alone. After the tragic loss of her parents, she had to find her own way to survive, and it wasn't easy. Stealing was how...
15.1K 640 28
Rebecca, a famous B-cuber and third-year at Eden's Zero High school, admired by everyone. Shiki, a popular volleyball player and a third-year at the...
8.7K 238 10
Within the far regions of Cosmos, exists a being known as "The Mother" who is a being like goddess who will grant anyone's greatest wish. However tha...