Graduated With Love

By Vidhirai9

When Shrinidhi entered JSS college, her dream was to graduate with certificates and medals. But who knew she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue

Chapter 6

16K 944 24
By Vidhirai9

Chiranth

After the semester exams ended I had to join the evaluation team as I had duty as an evaluator. So I went to university for 3 consecutive days and finished my duty. Since I was free, I thought of visiting my parents in Chamrajnagar, but to my surprise they were at my apartment next day evening.

Since they were tired, I prepared a decent dinner for them. Once we were done with dinner, they wanted to talk to me about something and I received a hint about the matter.

" Chiru, we considered about your marriage seriously and found a good match for you. You know.. your uncle's wife, she met them in some family function and got to know about the girl's family. She belongs to good family and looks beautiful too. Anyways you're free nowadays, so can we go and meet her family?"

My mother was already expecting a yes from me so I agreed without much delay. She went ahead to get the photo and bio data of the girl. I was also a bit curious about the girl who managed to get my mother's attention.

She came out with a photo and bio data in her hand and handed it to me. I was quite surprised to see the photo and I wanted to confirm few things.

" Amma are you sure she is the girl you want me to meet?"
" Of course. Isn't she pretty? We are going to meet her family tomorrow "
" You already fixed everything? I still have chance to say yes or no, right?"
I playfully looked at her as if I felt betrayed.

" Of course you will have the final say. I'm sure you both will like each other"
" Amma, do you know anything more about her?"
" I just know she is a student but I forgot to ask about the college details. We will talk to her when we meet. But tell me what's your first impression about the girl?"
" She is beautiful Amma, she is active and looks cheerful. I want to know more about her as an individual"
" I knew she will manage to grab your attention. I have a haunch this proposal will work. You can get to know her once you both say ok to each other"
"Fine Amma"

I don't know what will be your reaction if you get to know that I have met her much earlier than your introduction. This is going to be interesting...

Shrinidhi

I didn't even ask Appa about the details of the boy, the only information I know is he works as a lecturer. So even if I get married early, I may not have much problems in convincing him to continue my studies. At least this would be better than convincing Appa.

I tried contacting Pri but her phone was still in out of coverage area. I didn't have anyone else to talk about this, so I didn't bother talking to anyone. Appa was happily preparing for everything and Amma was still skeptical about my decision.

I still had a day to mentally prepare myself for this. I don't even have an idea how exactly will be the situation and what and all will be the questions I need to answer. I kept praying that everything goes well.

Finally it was the day I had to meet the boy and his family. I was already having a parade by entire zoo inside my tummy because of all the tensions. Amma helped me drape an orange red silk saree and I kept all other things simple. I tucked my hair with a simple clip and applied tiny amount of makeup.

Though I was confident when I said yes to Appa about the meeting, now every cell in my brain screamed 'abort mission' and run away, which is practically impossible.

I was waiting in my room when the boy's family came home. I was too nervous to hear their conversation, so I continued to offer my prayers to every single god I remembered to save me from this situation. After sometime Amma walked into my room and asked me to come out with her. Based on her expression I could clearly say it wasn't some bald uncle type boy in his 30's for sure. Her smile spoke too many words that my mind couldn't grasp at this moment.

I took each step measurably and didn't look at anyone at first to save the last bit of courage I had. Amma asked me to sit next to Appa and I had to finally change the direction of my gaze to look at the alien people in my room. There was a couple bit elder than my parents and I smiled at them. Next I decided to take a look towards the man of the hour and I almost choked on my saliva when I did that adventure.

The man clad in blue shirt and black trousers was not someone I was expecting. I saw my handsome lecturer with his broad smile looking at me. I was still confused about the whole thing and tried covering my blank face with a tinkered smile.

" Chiru, why didn't you tell me she is your student? It would have been much easier for all of us"
His mother spoke as she sat near to me.

" You really look beautiful in person Shrinidhi. I also heard you secured rank in your BSc course, we are very proud of you dear"
She spoke as if she already considered me as her daughter-in-law.
" Thank you aunty" slipped out of my mouth as a ritual.

" I think they should go and talk to each other, ultimately they are the decision makers right?"
His father asked us and I couldn't even reply anything as my logical part of brain was under repair mode right now.
" Nidhu, take him to the terrace and talk to each other"
Appa looked at me with hopeful eyes and I nodded.

We both walked in complete silence towards our terrace and sat in the chairs. It was getting awkward each second and I didn't know why I decided to initiate the conversation

" Chiranth sir?"
He just hmmed in response.
" Are you sure you came to the right address? You know, you might have come to wrong place in confusion"
" I am pretty sure I didn't make any mistakes while driving and you are the girl, me and my family wanted to meet.
But why are you asking this Shrinidhi? "
"You were committed to Maya mam right? How can you come to meet someone else when you're already committed? "
Damnnnnnn I don't know how stupid was my brain to ask him this question without even thinking twice.

" Is that so... ? I didn't know I was committed to someone without my own knowledge. But tell me Shrinidhi, why would I be here if I'm already committed?"
He spoke with a mischievous smile and I really want dig my own grave and sleep tight inside at this moment because of the embarrassment I am facing. I don't know how will I survive though this conversation anymore.

" Sorry sir... I heard someone talking and I thought.... Shit I'm sorry sir. I... I don't know.. I...shouldn't.... I mean, I didn't..."
I was struggling to form a decent sentence in front him. I was nervous would be an understatement, I am mentally trembling now.
" Calm down, we are not having your viva exam right now. Breath properly and talk normally"
I nodded as a response to his words.

" By the response you gave the moment you saw me was clearly saying you were shocked to see me. Didn't your father tell you anything about me ?"
" Actually he didn't know you were my lecturer. I didn't dig in details about you too"
My eyes were fixed to ground as if I am expecting some miracle to erupt from earth crust.

" Fine. I can understand your thoughts right now. I know this is kind of unexpected for both of us. But we can try talking like normal human beings right?"
I nodded still looking at ground.

" Can you please look at me Shrinidhi? I'm not that scary and I don't look that bad too and this isn't even our first meeting, so please look at me and speak"
You do look good sir, dangerously good enough to damage my heart... but after my little stunt earlier I am struggling to look at you...

I don't know why I blabbered those things in front of him though...
After mustering every ounce of courage in my body I tried to look at him. He still flashed his beautiful smile and my bloody cheeks turned to faint shades of blood red.

" Good... Now let's talk about us. I know your brain must be a mess at this moment, because you hardly expected me to be in front of you. Its ok, we can take it slow. But I want you to answer few questions with your free will and without any tension. Can you do that for me please?"
I nodded as I didn't have too much trust over my mouth at this moment.
" So... Are you forced into this?"
I instantly replied with a no. Appa just wanted me to meet him and he didn't ask me to say yes. So technically I am not forced.

"Good to know that. Now what is your opinion about me? "
How do I answer this now???? He is my lecturer and I didn't think anything more or less than that. So which things should I consider to answer this? Why is this question more tougher than all the calculus derivations I learnt in my degree classes? Arrrghhhhh... I feel so screwed up at this moment.

" I know you might find it difficult to answer. But I'm not asking about your feelings towards me. I just want to know if my image in your brain gallery is good or not"

" I do respect you a lot sir... You have been a good mentor to me during my studies. You are really a good human being. Actually you're too good for me, that's what my concern is sir"
I blabbered our everything my heart wanted to say.

" I am happy you think so positively about me. But I want to correct some things in your statement. You said I'm good, well and good... But you're equally good too Shrinidhi. You're beautiful, talented, thoughtful and an innocent person. I have seen you for past 3 months and I know few things about you based on my observation, you're already too good. So stop considering yourself any less."
"Thank you sir"
" No need to thank me. I am just stating facts. Now regarding the proposal, you can take your own time to decide. Don't worry, even if you say no to me things between us will remain the same. Don't take any decisions under pressure. If you are hesitant to talk about it with your parents, you can directly tell me. I am sure you have my number in your phone. So stay calm and make your decision"
He gave me an assuring smile.

It was already too long we have been here. Shrey came upstairs to ask us to join others.
He stood up to walk down the stairs and the slow charging battery in my brain pushed me to ask a question that was banging my head right now.

"What are your thoughts about me Sir? "
I asked with a tiny bit confidence as his back was now facing me.
" I wouldn't have been here if I wasn't interested and I would be happy if your answer is yes"
I had to pinch myself to believe all these things were real. I'm still in a daze when he walked down with a smile. I came back to the hall and again I'm on my silent mode.

" I think they both need time to decide. We will let you know about the decisions soon. But I really hope this proposal proceeds into a relationship. We will take our leave then"
His father spoke and my parents went out to send them off.

Now I'm with my family in the living room, everyone is eager to hear my words. Appa decided to initiate the conversation.

" Nidhu, the boy and his family looks good to me. Since you already know each other, it may not be a problem too. Can I expect a yes from you dear?"
Before I could open my mouth Ajji started speaking.

" Nidhu, you don't have to rush with your decision. It's good thing you know each other but still its not necessary you accept him. Take your time to decide"

The only senior pending in the room was my Amma, so I let her speak too.
" Nidhu, we are with you in any decisions you take. Don't feel pressurized"
Since everyone was done with their bit, I decided to speak.

" I still need some time to think. All these things are happening too quickly. I will let you know my answer once my thoughts settle down"
Everyone nodded.

" But I still think he is too handsome for you... Are you sure he doesn't have any girlfriend?"
My nonsense brother has a say in this too.
"Shrey, don't talk when elders are discussing something and watch your words before you speak"
Amma warned him with a strict tone.

"We'll see each other when the road decides it's time for our paths to cross again..."
Is it the time for Chiranth and Shrinidhi to meet... or there is more to it...?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 3.1K 36
Writing is my new passion...so m here with a passionate story on Devakshi...Dev & Sonakshi Dev & Sonakshi were college friends for complete 4 years...
31.3K 1.9K 49
Mom, dad I'm finally back to this country. To the place that took my everything from me. I don't know how I'm gonna face all the upcoming challenges...
19.8K 435 41
Love is said to be the work of DESTINY but, is it true when two people who were never destined, fall for each other. Riddhima comes to Delhi after ye...
15.9K 2.3K 18
In every relationship, There's going to be arguments, fights, smile, tears, upside down. Things said out of anger, mad exes, attitude and jealousy. B...