Roommates With My Boss

By Allaboutliterature19

Valentina Fontaine is a girl with a mission, to make a new life, to live her second chance without regrets, a... More

She Walks Into A New Life
She Smells Like Strawberries
Be My Girlfriend for Next Week
That Was My First Kiss
She Doesn't Quite Like Dinner
Black Is Definitely My Favourite Colour
I Could Give You My Teddy Bear
Make A Bubble Castle With Me
Why Thank You, My Prince
She's My Girl, She'll Be Wearing My Clothes
You're Something Else, Princess
But I Like Strawberry Jam, And You Don't
Make It Better, Baby
You Look Like My Breakfast
My Knight In Shining Armour
I'll Be Your First, And Your Last
Dessert For My After Party
Dance With Me And I'll Prove It To You
That Was My Favourite Top Though
I'm Committed To The Double V
Oh No Way, I Like Bikinis
Little Does He Know, I'm Already His
I'm Crazy About You, Princess
Can Hearts Even Fucking Do That?
I'm Sorry I Couldn't Save You
I Heard I'm On The Breakfast Menu
I Don't Love You Anymore
I Don't Know. I'm Broken
You Gave Me A Lap Dance And Suddenly I'm Inappropriate
I Won't Walk Away This Time
Why Leave Me, Princess?
She'll Be The Death Of Me Someday
Now, Kiss Me Like I Belong To You
My Boyfriend Is A Directioner
Author's Note
I'll Walk You Down The Aisle, Kiddo
Didn't The Man Just Get Shot?
Epilogue

I Think I Just Proved That I'm The Man of Your Dreams

14.4K 471 42
By Allaboutliterature19

"I still remember the moment we met,

The touch that he planted,

The garden he left.

I guess the rain was just half that effect."

-Heaven, Julia Michaels-

Valentina

After what happened yesterday, I doubt Xavier would ever want to talk to me.

I mean, he said he'd never give up on me and I ran like lightning.

I vaguely feel like an invisible audience of people hate me from the bottom of their hearts right now for leaving a perfect man in this insane manner.

But that can't be true. Right?

I've been strolling around Xavier's office for an hour now, my mind remembering every single moment of our kiss yesterday, secretly hoping it happens again.

I'm also having to scold my own conscience for these thoughts, while simultaneously waiting for the man who will always have my heart.

When did it get this messed up?

The phone rang and startled me for a while, but I rushed to receive it.

"Hello?" I asked uncertainly, praying to hear Xavier's voice on the other end.

"Ms. Fontaine?" A man spoke in a gruff voice.

"Uh-yes. That's me."

"I'm John. Mr. Knight's driver. He wanted me to inform you that he won't be coming in today."

"Oh. Okay. May I ask why?"

"He's feeling under the weather, I'm afraid. Between me and you, I have asked him to go to the hospital. The fever seemed quite bad when I met him, and he has no one to take care of him either," John explained, a small hint of concern laced in his voice.

"Of course, I understand. Can I come over to see him?" I asked, well more like my mind which went rogue and desperately wanted to see Xavier.

"Sure. That would be great. He needs help," he replied, and that was all that took to make me rush out the door in my heels.

The doorbell resonated and the main door opened automatically after a beep.

"Mr. Knight?" I called out, and there was no answer.

I walked up to Xavier's room and knocked on the door softly.

"Mr. Knight? Are you there?"

A shattering noise in the kitchen startled me, and I rushed down the stairs, entering the kitchen, the sight in front of me enough to make me dizzy and faint.

Xavier stood in the middle of the kitchen, his body leaning on the counter, in dangerously low sweatpants, and a robe, which was untied. Every single defined muscle on his torso screamed out, asking me to touch them, but I managed to look up.

Xavier's face was red and his gaze unfocused.

His frown indicated that he was experiencing a headache. 

"Are you okay? Step away from the glass," I said, grabbing the broom in panic to pick up the glass pieces off the ground before he steps on them.

"Mr. Knight, are you okay?" I asked once I was done, standing in front of him to inspect his expression, as he quirked an eyebrow and looked at me without replying.

"What's wrong?" I asked, and he leaned against the counter.

"I don't know who you're referring to. Some old guy with dentures?"

I sighed internally at his deep, husky voice; his gaze fixated on me.

"It's your own surname, you know."

"Yeah, yeah. Doesn't mean you gotta call me that," he muttered, beginning to walk away slowly.

I stood onto my toes and placed my palm on his forehead, and he stopped walking.

"Oh my God, you're hot," I blurted out, my palm practically burning from the heat.

"Mhmm, so are you," he whispered, happy with himself for making that statement.

I lightly smacked his chest and he feigned hurt as I sighed.

"Okay, how about I make you some soup and get you some medicine to reduce the fever?"

"Nope, I'm good thanks," he said, smiling as he tried to shuffle away again.

"Mr. Knight, get back here right this instant," I ordered, a slight tone of anger pouring out of my voice.

"Nope. Go home, Ms. Fontaine," he replied, and surprisingly stuck his tongue out at me.

The nerve of this man. His back was facing me as he scuffled away, slowly compared to his usual predatory pace.

He's way too sick for me to leave and head home.

I took in a deep breath and crossed my arms across my chest.

"Xavier," I softly called out, and he froze, the muscles on his shoulders visibly tense.

I walked over to his form, light on my feet, only to see his eyes closed and a certain sadness enveloping his expression.

"May I please make you some soup and bring you medicine? Lie down and wait for me, okay?" I said softly, my palm rubbing his arm as he practically leaned into the minimal touch.

"That'd be nice," he whispered, his Adam's apple visibly bobbing as he looked into my eyes, where he clearly saw the worry and care I felt for him.

"I'll be with you right away," I smiled, and he nodded as I walked to the kitchen.

"I should be sick every fucking day," Xavier mumbled but I caught it, suppressing a small chuckle.

I love you, I whispered in my mind as he walked to his room.

I made a simple mild chicken garlic soup and poured it into a bowl, placing it on a tray with some medicine from the cabinet.

Watching my step, I headed up the stairs and entered Xavier's room.

He was on the bed, an arm resting on his forehead as he gazed at the ceiling with an indecipherable expression.

"Soup's ready," I said, and his gaze immediately settled on me, as he slowly sat up. I sat opposite him and placed the tray between us, and he looked right at me.

"Go ahead, the medicine is right there as well," I mentioned, but he tilted his head slightly and looked at me.

"I'm super sick, you have to feed me the soup," he whispered softly, sticking his bottom lip out to make the most adorable expression I've ever witnessed. Ignoring my heart's erratic beating, I quirked an eyebrow at him.

Sensing my decision, he placed his hand on mine abruptly, and sure enough his skin seemed to be on fire.

"You mentioned how hot I am before," he smirked, and I playfully glared at him.

He doesn't seem to quit even when he's burning with a fever.

"Okay, fine. I'll help you with the soup," I said, and shifted closer to him with the soup bowl in my hand. I lifted a spoon and softly blew on it, and he lowered his head to the spoon before sipping the soup up, his gaze completely fixated on me.

The tension in the room increased, and I gulped on air as his sharp gaze made me want to move closer to him and look into his mesmerizing eyes.

Shut up, Val. You're taking care of your colleague, and he's sick.

That's all it is. Yeah, that's it.

I set the empty bowl on the tray and handed him the bottle of water. The very moment he lifted to bottle to his lips, his Adam's apple moving in a scrutinizingly slow pace as a few beads of water trickled down his sculpted chest, and our eyes met, was when I knew, that's not it.

I'm sitting extremely close to a man I love but have to be away from. His gaze has me in a hypnotic trance and I'm this close to losing it and leaning in to kiss him.

He placed the bottle down and looked at me, his gaze practically commanding mine, taking control of my senses.

"Valentina," he whispered, and my heart almost stopped beating.

That's. It's my name.

Why does it sound like heaven?

"Babygirl," he whispered in a dangerous, husky voice and I moved closer to him.

"Watch a movie with me?" He asked, his body away from mine in a split second, and I remained there, bending forward, looking like a lost puppy.

"Wha-what?" I stuttered, and he leaned back on the bed. He had a triumphant look on his face as I froze for a while, my mind becoming completely blank.

"Why the look, sweetheart? Don't tell me, you thought I was-I was going in for a kiss?!" Xavier asked, feigning dramatic shock as I vigorously shook my head no.

"Uh-Pffft. No. I-I thought you wanted to um-tell me something confidential. A-about work," I explained, straightening up and desperately hoping he would ignore the embarrassing blush creeping onto my cheeks.

"Sure, babe. Hence your cheeks look like delectable cherries," he smirked, making an ultra-smooth comment as I prevented myself from choking on air.

"Uhm-what movie did you have in mind?"

"There's this popular one, '365 Days' or something," he slowly said, expecting me to freak out.

Heh, not today, Xav.

"Yup sure. I can watch it again," I said, and he was prominently startled at my reply. When his senses returned to him, he inspected my face for some signs that I may be flustered.

"You've watched it?" He asked, and I smiled dreamily.

"Duh. I'll watch it every day just to see Massimo," I said, and I could see Xavier's shoulders become tense immediately.

"The Don? But he's the bad guy," he mumbled, and I suppressed a laugh.

"No way. He's the hot guy," I corrected him, sitting beside him as I grabbed the remote. But he took it first and went to the browser app on the TV.

I watched as the man googled 'Massimo' and Michele Morrone popped up.

Irrelevant of the situation, why so hot Massimo? Damn.

"I look better than him," Xavier stated, picking out a picture of Massimo and crossing his arms over his chest.

"Is that so? Huh, never noticed," I casually said, and he frowned deeply.

"Tell me what you like about him," Xavier practically commanded and I obliged, enjoying that I get him so worked up about something like this.

"Well, let's see, oooooh, his biceps. They're super hot," I said, and before I knew it, Xavier shrugged off his robe, and placed my palm on his bicep. All I felt was pure, hard muscle, beautifully resting under my hand.

Okay this is not where I thought this would go.

I faced Xavier and he was staring right at me, with a thunderous, powerful gaze, that forbid me to move my hand from his arm.

"Go on," he insisted, in a low, sexy voice, pulling me into one of his trances again.

"His sculpted chest, hottest feature ever," I whispered, and Xavier's long fingers rested on the back of my hand, leading both my palms to his chest, pulling me closer to him.

"The abs, th-they're extremely hot," I continued, and his hands led mine down his chiselled torso in an agonizingly slow pace, making me feel every muscle.

"The beard. Sexiest feature ever," I said, and Xavier smirked, placing my hands on his neat, sexy beard, elegantly covering his sharp jawline.

His arms went around my waist as he picked me up and effortlessly placed me on his lap, our faces merely a few inches apart.

"I think I just proved that I'm the man of your dreams, princess," he said, his expression soft yet his eyes swirling with lust as I rested my palms on his shoulders, not wanting to let go.

"The man of my dreams would love me as well, you know," I blurted out before I could comprehend what I was saying.

Well, shit.

"I know, darling. And I'm madly in love with you," he practically cooed, making me melt into his arms, and never leave his embrace.

"I-I well, I should, I-maybe-uh," I began stuttering endlessly, words seeming difficult to form, and he smiled before placing me back beside him.

"You need to go?" He asked, his eyes becoming sad even though he was smiling.

"I-uh-yes," I managed to say, looking down at my fingers.

"I know, love. I know," he said, his fingers grazing my cheek softly before moving away.

"Well, it-uh looks like the fever's gone," I said nervously, and he nodded slowly.

"I'll walk you downstairs," he said softly, and we both walked to the door.

I grabbed my bag from the sofa and was about to walk out when his fingers wrapped around my wrist, an eruption of wild sparks from the touch almost making me dizzy.

"Thank you for taking care of me, Valentina," Xavier said, and I looked up at him. I smiled and he chuckled, his fingers slowly tracing my palm as he unwillingly let go of my wrist.

"Anytime, Xavier," I replied, walking out to my car, leaving him even when every fibre of my being begged me to stay.

If I could have his embrace for the rest of my life, I might just be the luckiest woman in this entire world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 4.4K 46
Felix Zanxon ( a.k.a Black Ryder ) is the most ruthless, stone cold hearted and the most handsome man in the world.Girls worship the ground he is wal...
69.2K 2.9K 30
How do you protect the love of your life if he's sitting in prison for a crime he didn't commit? *** Isabella was happy - happier than she's ever bee...
473K 9.2K 50
It all started with "is this seat taken?" Xavier King, The scary and mysterious guy. No one dares to talk to him except his two childhood bestfriend...
465K 14.2K 35
Xavier King:- 28 years Old business man. CEO of Maxwell & King Co. Multi-billionaire, Sexy, Intelligent, Cocky, Possesive, Devilishly handsome. He is...