Adelia ✎

By thevibexz

[ONGOING] "What would you do if I die?" "Die." "Oh you would die?" I mumble and he nods giving me a small s... More

00
01
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
epilogue

02

17K 381 342
By thevibexz

♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥
adelia

I was up at six, the collection of scratches on my leg now faded. I was happy about that, but now I have purple swirls of purple and blue on my back.

I ignore it, all of it. I ignored Ryan too but that didn't seem to be the case. He wanted me to be in pain and he got it.

"Wearing something like that is a distraction, young lady," A man attempts to huskily whisper when I walk to his table. A smile was on his face, looking weird and creepy.

Don't say anything. Whatever comes out of your mouth, not in the dirty way, will be rude and disrespectful so don't.

"Sir, you look constipated," I blurt.

He immediately glares at me, "That's no way to talk to your customer, now is it?" he smirked, relaxing his tensed jaw.

I smile, nodding my head in apology. "Unfortunately, that is true. But that is no way to talk to your waitress,"

The smirk turns into a frown. "I'll get you another waitress, old man," I pat his shoulder.

He couldn't be any older than thirty.

I washed my marvel shirt; it looked brand new, nobody could even guess that it had bloodstains.

Now I'm just waiting for the right time to show somebody.

"What's wrong?" Ajax asked me while I huff, sitting down at the booth.

"Creepy yould man," I laugh at myself because I combined young and old together. Ajax laughed with me although he had no idea what I was talking about.

I shake my head, appreciating him and how he thinks I'm funny.

A minute passed, more like a second, the door of the café opens. A group of men entered, sitting down at a table.

"Would you mind?" Ajax asked, sighing as he looks at the clock in the corner. I shake my head.

"Not at all but I better get extra for taking your turn," I say jokingly.

I wasn't joking.

I have no sugar daddy, and Ryan is kinda desperate for more cash. I really need it.

"Hello," I smile, looking down at the group of guys. I look at them all while speaking, "I'll be you waitres- I know you," I point to the guy on the left, a phone distracting him.

When he doesn't move or look up from his phone, I pat the guy in front of me, his blue eyes glistening at me.

"Can you pat him?"

He looks at the man I pointed to then back at me. "Fuck no."

I frown, rolling my eyes playfully. "What can I get you guys today?" They turn their attention to me grinning.

"We didn't come here to eat," One of them says.

"Drinks, maybe?" They shake their heads, pointing to the gut I met yesterday.

"He wanted to come here,"

"Not in the dirty way, correct?" I mumble, raising a brow like this is something you should always clarify.

The guy gets off his phone and looks up at me.

I know him.

Wait. He wanted to come to the place I suggested? Is that a good sign?

He laughed, nodding his head. He seemed quite friendly but asking him to be my friend will probably scare him away.

I wave at the guy I met a week ago when he was sitting at the booth. When he looks up in my direction, he says, "Oh."

Oh? Really?

Oh, as in; oh, ew.

Or, oh as in; oh, yay.

"You didn't see my shirt," I frown, "I can show you now, or another time if you come by the library! I'm usually there if I'm not here. I work here, I get paid double because I'm Ajax's favourite worker. That was a lie, I don't get paid double. Do you know a place I can get paid double? I'm Adelia, I don't remember whether I told you or not, what's your name? I could clarify you as my sugar daddy, but you missed your pay date, it's been a week so I'll really apprec-" I abruptly cut myself off.

"Sorry," I smile awkwardly as I look around, holding the notepad in my hand. I wonder if I should speak more. You shouldn't. Gwen's watching you, you need to let her know that you are normal, or you'll be up there with her soon.

"Do you usually talk this much?" Another one of them asked. I hold my gaze, laughing softly to hide the actual offensiveness I felt. I know I talk a lot, I don't usually mean it, but maybe I should consider not talking.

"Sorry,"

"I should go now, if you guys won't order anything," I grin widely, but their eyes never wavered, and no smile. Eventually, they beamed at me. I feel like I just waited a bunch of years. You know when you're watching those SpongeBob episodes and it goes like 'one eternity later' yeah them? I feel like I just witnessed that.

"Would any of you guys like to get cookies with me? We can be friends," The guy in front of me, with blonde hair, smiles. Again. They don't talk but they sure like to smile.

"I'm Lyndon, it was nice to meet you." He gets up from his spot, waving bye at me before waiting for the others.

I just wasted my time.

When the guy I met a week ago gets up, he looks down at me blankly. His eyes fall to my neckline.

"Are you thirty-six?" I blurt, realising what I said may have been offensive. "It's not because you look thirty-six because you don't, but just because I'm making sure you are aged in the right category,"

I don't know what I'm saying, but it makes me seem less creepy. I hope.

"Are you even older than seventeen?" he questions slightly tilting his face. I need my cookie.

"Are you a cookie?"

"No."

Duh.

"I can get the both of us cookies. I have ten dollars," I smile, suggesting that we should get cookies together. I'm so slick.

He is fine, I admitted that before. The only thing I really need is for him to be single. I won't ask that though because I know how to not embarrass myself.

"Do you have a wife? Or kids? If so, I'm sorry for trying to hit you up." I smile, looking down at my feet in embarrassment.

How do I trade places with Gwen?

"Answer my question," he grumbles.

"Oh, right! I'm thirty," I'm actually not. "Kidding, I bet I scared ya. I'm nineteen about to turn twenty on September 15th,"

"And what about you, sir?"

I bet I made him feel old.

Old enough to be my sugar daddy? Possibly.

"I asked if you're older than seventeen not when your birthday is," he grumpily muffles.

He is definitely much meaner than when we met last time.

I look at his waistband, my eyes widening. "You have a gun," I point out.

I look up at him, his fluffy brown hair lays hanging on his head.

His lips caught my attention next. Light plumped lips fit perfectly with his face, nothing seemingly out of segment. Perfect, straight nose, and I wonder whether or not he has dimples. I'll like to make him smile to see.

His clothing was just black, everything. Pants, coat, shoes. Is it possible to have a kink for shoes? I read that in a book once.

He stands at 6'3, effortlessly towering my height of 5'5. I always knew he was gorgeous, every human being is gorgeous in their own way, they may not see it, but I sure do.

His jaw is clenched tightly, and his dark brown eyes bore into mine effortlessly. His eyebrows pull down, clearly wondering what I'm thinking.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I laugh awkwardly.

He smiles before scoffing and turning away.

"Are you sure I can't buy you anything...?"

He sighs, "Ezekiel."

"Zeke," I nod. "Is there anything I can buy you? Cookies, I heard there are great cookies down the street,"

He walks away.

"So next time!" I yell back at him.

He doesn't look back.

I'm taking that as a yes.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Hello, Mrs Smith!" My feet carried my tensed body inside. I shouldn't have gone back home, mama threw a plate at me. Luckily it was just on my stomach, my marvel shirt covered for me.

Nobody likes this shirt, I'm thinking of selling it. But then I'll be betraying them. So never.

Home and the library is only about a twenty-minute walk, so I was honestly grateful it wasn't longer. She turns to me, a smile plastering her face.

"Hey, sweetie. How are you doing?"

Horrible.

"Great! Thank you," she nodded, turning back to the books that were scattered on the carpet.

"Need any help. Where is Mr Smith?"

"At the back helping some girls find the book they are looking for. Actually, could you go to the front, there is one more box I need to gather. If you don't mind, of cour-,"

Before she could even finish, I waddled to the front.

The front door of the library swung open when I hold the box.

Is that who I think it is?

Duh.

"Hello Zeke," I hold the box in my hand, standing up straight when he walks towards me.

My eye catches the small flat brown paper bag, the top of it twisted.

"Hello, Adelia,"

He listened? He knows my name? I'm totally not going to freak out.

He stopped in front of me and I drop the box of books on the counter, my back aching. I smack the table, just to look cool before turning back to him.

"You came," I think for a second, realising how inappropriate that was, "to the library, duh,"

"Yes. I'm aware."

I nod, "Right,"

He shoves the small brown bag he was holding to my chest. I look down at it, a smile creeping on my face when the smell envelops my nose.

It was a Cookie from Cookie Man. The cookie store I wanted to go to with him earlier, but he just walked away.

"Thank you," I smile, still making no move to grab the bag.

He leans down, his fingers holding the edge of my palm and bringing my hand to the bag. "For you."

I frown, "What about you?" I ask, opening the bag and taking out the white chocolate cookie.

Is he stalking me? I think so.

"I didn't get it for me."

I roll my eyes, "Yes. I'm aware," I mock him, attempting to make my voice deep.

His lips twitch, before clearing his throat. "So," I say, bending the cookie so now it is in an uneven half.

I took the bigger side.

Obviously.

"Here!" I brightly smile, bringing the cookie up to his lips. He looks down at it, shaking his head.

What a shy person.

"Do you not like cookies?"

He shrugs.

I tilt my head, nodding. "Please?" He sighs, taking the cookie from my hand, not eating but just staring at it.

"You're supposed to eat it, dude,"

He glares at me.

"Thank you, Zeke,"

"Ezekiel,"

"Zeke."

"No."

"Zeke."

"Ezekiel,"

"Zeke."

"Fine."

"You're a pretty fella, Zeke," I stuff the cookie in my mouth, feeling as if I didn't have it for ages.

When I finish eating the cookie, I grab the box filled with books, biting my lip to not allow the hiss to leave.

"I like your shirt."

I gasp, dropping the box of books, spinning on my feet. Did he just say what I think he said? Am I actually high?

"Did you just?" My eyes were widened, mouth agaped. 

He nods. "I like your shirt."

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Thank you so much for giving my book a chance! and I'm sorry for unpublishing it while you guys were still reading. Thank you for sticking around and for the support. <3

Chaps would get less weird, but if you came from my other version, we know that isn't going to happen and instead, the weirdness would increase.

*not edited*

Word count:2086
Vote and comment <3

With love xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

320 34 14
Book 2: Affinity Romance series Not really friends with benefits. He grins and she glares. She scolds and he snickers. She's practical and he believ...
6.7K 395 22
"No darling, it looks horrible" he said with the calm voice. I instantly felt my cheeks get warmer. 'Emma have a grip on yourself. Why are you blush...
102K 3.8K 39
COMPLETED • ADDICTIVE ROMANCE • ACTION • UNASHAMEDLY CLICHÉ • TEEN FIC • *** The forest grows darker as a silence falls over us. I remember the haunt...
231 8 8
"What makes you laugh ? Do you think I won't dare to do it ?" I immediately stopped. Was she joking ? It had to be a joke...right ? There's no chanc...