Running Over Water

milkyxrose

When Percy and Annabeth go on a couples vacation to Central City, the home of metahumans, they run into some... Еще

[1 - Jitters]
[2 - Burgers + Barry]
[3 - Cheerleaders]
[4 - S.T.A.R. Labs]
[6 - Onomatopeia]
[7 - Poker Face]
[8 - Denarii]
[9 - Showtime]
[10 - The King Has Fallen]
[11 - Detective Pretty Boy]
[12 - Pineapple or No Pineapple?]
[13 - The Struggle]
[14 - Reverse Flash]
[15 - That Joe?]
[16 - Shooting the Shot]
[17 - Jinxed]
[18 - Candy?]
[19 - Don't Get Caitlin Drunk]
[20 - Suspicions]
[21 - Blames and Regrets]
[22 - The End?]
[23 - Kidding]
[24 - No Water?]
[25 - Trigger-Happy]
[26 - Chaos]
[27 - Clash of the Titans]
[28 - A Talk About Business]
[29 - Apples?]
[30 - Cat Videos]
[31 - The Proposal]
[32 - Happy Meals]
[33 - Skeleton Friends]
[34 - Fatal Flaw]
[35 - As Easy as a Bookcase from IKEA]
[36 - Run, Barry. Run]
[37 - Hero]
[38 - I Save the World (Again)]
[39 - The End (For Real This Time)]
Epilogue

[5 - Funny Suit]

3.3K 90 26
milkyxrose

Percy

We walk in and we're immediately lost. It's such a large building that we don't even know where to go. "Now what?" I ask, looking at Annabeth who was admiring the building in awe. But that's when I realized something.

For a place that's supposed to be abandoned, it's awfully clean. The windows shined, the floor was polished, everything was in place. Since this place was abandoned after the explosion, you'd expect the place to be a mess, but it's not.

I quickly look back outside towards the parking lot. I didn't pay much attention to it before but there were a few cars parked there.

I don't think we're alone in this building.

"Annabeth?. . . I don't think we're the only ones here," I look back inside when I don't hear an answer. I scan the lobby but she's disappeared. "Annabeth?" I ask again. "Did you wander off again? I swear to all the gods-"

My sentence is cut off when I'm suddenly in a new room than I was before and I don't know how or why. I immediately press my hand against the nearest wall, which wasn't far and clutch my stomach. My body felt like it was inside-out and I felt last nights dinner come up. "I'm gonna throw up," I wheeze.

I have absolutely no idea what had happened. One moment, I was in the lobby and the next, I'm in this prison of some sort. And all I saw was a blur of red between that brief moment.

I slowly look at my surroundings, no longer seriously nauseous. I was in a very enclosed space, it started to make me feel claustrophobic. The walls were a dark blue and the door was made of glass. Something tells me the door won't open if I want it to.

I feel someone watching me, and I look up, hoping it's Annabeth but instead, it's a man in a funny suit.

There's shock to his half-covered face, but he immediately shakes it away, trying to disguise his emotions.

I assume he has someone talking to him through his earpiece because his hand flies to his ear before he can say anything to me. "I know," he whispers harshly and turns away from me. But it's not exactly a whisper since it's rather loud. I can hear his entire conversation but it wasn't interesting, so I got bored after a bit.

He turns back to me and suddenly, he looks so strangely familiar. I know, I sound like Annabeth. Why are there so many people that we seem to recognize here?

"Why are you here? Who are you?" He says the last bit a little hesitantly, as if he already knew the answer to his own question.

"I feel like I know you," I lift my head up, ignoring his question. I just can't seem to put a finger on who this guy was.

"You must've seen pictures of me. I've been pretty popular around here nowadays," he says warily.

"No, no. Not you. Not this weird freaky suit guy. I mean, you. The person under this mask of yours." I examine his height, stature, build, voice, all while trying to come up with who this man could be. All of a sudden, memories of today came back to me. "Barry?" I gasp out.

I noticed his eyes go wide and I know if he denies my accusation, it'll be a lie, because this person is Barry. How could this be?

"That explains the whole, 'it's protocol' schist," I throw my hands up in the air. "You weren't going as a CSI, you were going as, well, whatever you call yourself."

Barry's smart enough not to deny what I've said. "Flash, they call me the Flash," he sighs and looks down.

I'm about to say some snarky comment on how ridiculous that name is but my stomach rumbles, and I know what's going to happen next. "I'm gonna hurl," I gasp out loud.

I don't have time to find the embedded toilet that's most likely in the walls. And as if automatically, I hunch down and I really do feel last nights dinner come up.

"Oh, jeez. That's never happened before. Uh. . . CAITLIN!"

He talks to someone on his earpiece once again and I assume he's being scolded from the way he frowns. "What? He threw up! What am I supposed to do? Alright, fine."

He looks back at me and gives me a look, as if I could've stopped myself from barfing all over the cell. I wipe my mouth with my shirt and lean against the wall.

Soon, I feel my body being rushed and I'm in another room. Did he have to do that right after I threw up?

Suddenly, I'm sitting down on a medical bed, with all different types of machines around me. "Yo! Why'd you bring him here?" A person from the other room obviously wasn't liking my presence.  I peaked out from behind the glass wall and see the man. I remember him from that burger place, I think his name was Cisco.

"What? Was I supposed to leave him there?" Barry talks back to his friend.

"Yes! That's exactly what you were supposed to do! Do you not remember that he broke in?"

"I know him. Well, I've known him for at least 30 minutes but I know him enough that I know he won't hurt us, I hope." He looks back at me on that last part.

"That's not at all reassuring."

"For your information, I didn't know this place was being occupied until a few minutes ago," I point out and all of a sudden, a woman walks in the room. I notice she has soft eyes, although it's a weird thing to immediately notice about a person. She instantly puts on a stethoscope and presses the chest piece on places around my chest and back. "Uh, what are you doing?" I ask her, inching away.

"Checking your breathing," she blatantly says.

"I know that, but why?" I stand up but she frowns. "I'm fine."

"You threw up. Am I just suppose to assume you're okay?"

"Are you even a doctor?" She seems offended by the question.

"I am, in fact, a doctor. Dr. Caitlin Snow," she holds out her hand. I shake it hesitantly.

"Sorry if I seemed harsh at first. You know, I just want to make sure you're okay. Doctor things I suppose. We care for the well-being of others, despite what they may have done to anger others," she says the last few words loudly, as if it wasn't meant for me. I look behind her shoulder and Cisco rolls his eyes. Ah, yep. That's it.

"It's fine, don't worry about it, but where's Annabeth?" I hop down the steps and into the larger room. Dr. Snow looks like she didn't finish her check-up on me but I successfully avoided it.

"Annabeth?" A man in the wheelchair asks. I didn't notice him before. He's the same man from before as well. I turn around towards Dr. Snow, and I didnt realize it but she was there at the restaurant too. I'm sure Annabeth will be glad to see this guy again.

"Uh yeah, Annabeth. Blonde, probably angry, about yay high?" I hold my hand up to my nose.

"Oh! I totally forgot," Barry says and he's gone, but in a blink of an eye, he's back. Annabeth is at his side when he's back. I stare at him weirdly, still not processing the whole speedy thing.

Annabeth falters in her step but as soon as she sees me, she runs towards me and stands by my side protectively as if I was ever in danger.

"What in the holy Hades is happening?" She whispers in my ear. Her hand goes to her pocket for her dagger, but at least these people were smart enough to confiscate it. They must've took Riptide earlier on but I felt the lightweight pen in my pocket regardless.

"It's-" I begin to say but Annabeth stops me.

"Barry? Isnt that the guy who you met at Big Belly Burger?" She points at Barry, aka the Flash who still has his mask on.

"Oh, come on! You saw my face for ten seconds!" He said hopelessly. "How'd you even know it was me?"

I was surprised as well. I've been with Barry longer than Annabeth has but she figured out who he was far quicker than I did. Daughter of Athena things, I suppose.

"It's the jawline, definitely the jawline," she points out.

"Everyone says that," Barry grumbles. Since there was no need for him to wear his mask anymore, he pulled it off, showing off his ruffled brown hair.

"Ah, and he took it off. Brilliant." The wheelchair dude says, rubbing his forehead.

"I mean, they already know who he is. There's no point in hiding it anymore," Dr. Snow shrugs and sits down in a chair.

Annabeth looks at wheelchair dude again and squints her eyes, my gods, what is it with her?

"I remember who he is now," she says quietly. It took me a moment to realize she was speaking in ancient Greek.

"Who?"

"Dr. Wells! Of course, how could I have been so stupid?" I can tell that she's mentally hitting herself for not realizing who that was sooner.

"Who's that?"

She gives me a deadpan stare as if I'm supposed to know every guy she's obsessed with. "He's the guy who built the particle accelerator and it went kaboom," she moves her hands into an exploding motion.

"Oh, that guy."

I glance around and realize everyone's looking at us, I don't mind. I'm used to the stares I usually get. But I definitely heard Barry ask Cisco, "what language are they speaking?"

Cisco just replied with a shake of his head.

"Greek," Dr. Wells speaks for us. He rests his head in his hand and watches us intensely, it's a bit creepy. "They're speaking Greek. Am I right?"

"Ancient Greek," I correct him and stare back, and I refuse to blink because he hasn't blinked but I know we aren't having a staring contest.

I keep looking at everyone. This was awkward. "Well," Annabeth speaks, breaking the tension."We ought to get going now."

She grabs my hand tightly and gives everyone a sheepish smile. She pulls me towards the door but Dr. Wells blocks our path. "Going so soon? I thought we could talk."

"Dr. Wells-" Barry begins to say but he holds up his hand to shut him up and he obeys immediately.

"Everyone else might brush off this but I really would like to know why you were here, eh? I mean, I don't know about you, but I find this a bit skeptical." He grabs the remote off the table and turns it on. From behind us, we hear the tv.

I guess we weren't on the evening news. We were on the news right now.

"At the annual science event held here in Central City today, ten people were injured. People say three teenagers attacked another two at the event today and some guests got involved in the situation and got hurt. Security cameras didn't catch any footage of them, but we got this picture of two of the attackers. . ."

They proceed to show an image of Annabeth and I. It was blurred but people who knew us personally would be able to tell who we were.

"That's not good," I whisper to myself but I swear this guy has the hearing of a Satyr.

"Not good, indeed," Dr. Wells smiles at us, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

———

Finally, we're at a decent part in the book. This is where everything starts to happen ahaha.

Also, thank you guys so much for 800 reads 😭 I appreciate all of your support <3

And thank you once again to WIldman98 . I'm always going to tag him so it shouldn't be a surprise if I do it every chapter lol

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! See you soon :)))

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

477K 8K 30
Along with the help of his friends, Percy Jackson saved Olympus and the world from the earth goddess, Gaea. However, instead of being welcomed to the...
1.2M 21.6K 46
A Chaos story. His friends and family, including the gods all betrayed him for his own 'half-brother'. All of them but two. He was told by the ones t...
7.4K 156 20
It's been a long time since Percy and Annabeth have seen each other. Almost six years. They have their own lives. Percy is a marine biologist who s...
14.3K 364 28
Annabeth Chase is the town beauty. Yet, she is also the town oddball. With a love of reading and architecture, she doesn't quite fit in. She longs f...