I Can't Love You✔

By Reading_Mermaid08

{Complete} -Formerly, Searching for Sirens- Zander Armstrong, Pirate MC prospect, has never felt more betraye... More

Searching For Sirens
Character Banners
Dumb Butt {1}
Just A Pup {2}
The Battle of Cheddar {3}
Ollie Fueled Revenge {4}
A little help from Mr. Boner {5}
A Bit Batty {6}
Best of Both {7}
Big Girl Panties {8}
Forgive me, Ollie, for I have sinned. {9}
Unexpected Guest {10}
The Grand Escape {11}
I ain't clowning. {12}
Getting In My Head {13}
A taste of the Sun {14}
With Friends Like These {15}
Forgotten Sunshine {16}
Demon Squirrel {17}
Playing With Fire {18}
Fall Out {20}
Puppy Love Confessions {21}
Thunder Clouds Rise {22}
Lost My GD Mind {23}
Brewing Storm {24}
Demon Deal {25}
Ray of Hope {26}
Christmas Patch {27}
Sunset{28}
Ambiguous {29}
Regrets and Whiskey {30}
Gone Tamarah {31}
In The End {32}
Merina's Gift to SFS Readers!
Playlist
🏆Awards🏆
Announcement

Love ain't a science. {19}

339 22 49
By Reading_Mermaid08

Dad backs up after he passes the bathroom doorway. I glance over at him before running the mousse on my hands through my damp hair. A confused brow rises as his gaze runs over me.

"What?" I frown over at him as I rinse my hands off in the sink and check to see how I look one last time. My light hair is swept back, and my cleanly shaved face leaves no traces of what little stubble was there behind.

"Nothing." He shakes his head and leans against the door frame. "I just thought you were taking Ollie out tonight."

I nod and grab the towel to dry my hands off. "I am."

Dad glances at the dark blue dress shirt hanging on the door I picked out and the dress jeans I'm wearing. "Kinda fancy for the pier, ain't it?"

"We haven't hung out in a while. I thought it might call for something nicer than tattered jeans and a tee shirt." I want to make this day memorable for her.

He leans into the bathroom and sniffs the air. "Are you wearing cologne?"

"Yeah!' My frown deepens as I throw the towel to the side. "So what?"

He shrugs and pushes off the door. "Nothing, just make sure you take rubbers with you."

My eyes grow wide in both horror and shock. "It ain't like that! It's not a date."

"Uh-huh, and I'm just saying, take rubbers, or Andy'll have your fucking balls." Dad sips his coffee before turning on his heels and meandering out to the kitchen.

I shake my head. Can't a guy go the extra mile for his friend? I wouldn't do this for Miles, but we aren't as close as Ollie and I. I probably wouldn't have done it for Creed when we were friends, either.

Whatever.

I jerk my shirt off the hanger and slip it on before buttoning it up.

Ollie's a girl, so it's different. Girls like fancy shit like this, and I want to make it special for her. She's only going to turn eighteen once.

I finish getting ready and grab my wallet and jacket from my room before heading out. When I pass through the living room, a wolf-call whistle stops me in my tracks. I drop my head back and sigh. "Come on, dad."

"Go get her, Tiger." I hear him chuckle into his coffee cup.

"It ain't like that!" I remind him before slamming the door behind me. "It ain't a fucking date." I grumble to myself as I jog down the steps and out to my bike. I glance over to the demon squatting down next to his motorcycle as he changes out his fuel filter on his Phantom.

My shadow catches his attention, causing him to turn and look up at me. He gives a little whistle. "Who you taking out on a date?"

"No one!" I snap as I unlock my saddlebag and pull out the helmet that Ollie gave me.

"Fine, Jesus." Dameon turns back to his work. "You just look like you're going on a date."

I'd tell him I'm taking Ollie out, but I know the little shit would only follow me. I get on my bike and tug my helmet on as Dameon looks back at me again.

"Where are you going?"

"None of our business." I strap the chin strap down and turn the helmet Bluetooth on to listen to music. I need to get Ollie something like this eventually so that we can talk while on my bike.

A smile spreads across Dameon's face as she rises to his feet. "That means Ollie's place. Can I come?"

"No." I give him a stern look that says, if you try following, I will kill you. "Ollie and I need time with just the two of us. I'm taking her out. I already promised that it would just be her and I."

Not that she'd care if the demon tagged along. She's taken a liking to him, but I want to enjoy my night with her.

Dameon rests his hand on the headlight of my bike. "Oooo. So, like a date?"

"No, like two friends hanging." I push my bike back, knocking him off balance, and stumble to the side. "Later, Demon." With that, I slap the face shield of my helmet down, turn on my tunes and take off.

When I get across town to Ollie's tiny little house, I can barely get my helmet off before she comes bursting out the door. The white eyelet skirt she's wearing flares out, and she skips down the steps. Her slender, smooth legs almost distract me from the bikini-style matching white top she's got hidden under a faded blue jean jacket.

Good God, she looks amazing.

I shift on my bike, unable to tear my gaze off of her. This is going to be a very uncomfortable hour bike ride.

"Ready?" She flashes me a big bright, beautiful smile as I fumble to get her helmet out of my saddlebags.

"Whenever you are, Sunshine." I let the pet name slip from my lips. I glance up at her, hoping she didn't notice, and breathe a sigh of relief when she doesn't notice.

When Ollie gets her helmet on and takes her seat behind me, I kick off from the curb and start our hour drive down the coast to Blair Port's pier. On the ride, I take a few glances back to check on my girl. That same look of bliss-filled freedom she always gets fills her face as she lets the breeze sweep over her face. She hugs my waist, and her thighs press firmly up against me, making it near impossible to focus on the road.

The little bit of fabric in her skirt goes flying as we sail down the road, pluming it up in a delicate white cloud. I want to stare at her long luscious legs and imagine my face between those smooth thighs, but that would get us killed. I need to focus on the road.

I grip the handlebars a little tighter and pry my gaze from her before revving the bike up. Ollie squeals with delight, bringing a smile to my face when our speed picks up. There is no better feeling than flying with my girl.

When we get to the Blair Port Pier, the boardwalk is packed. Everyone had the same idea as we did this weekend, but Ollie and I don't let it dampen her spirits. Excitement bounces in her every step, like a kid in a candy store.

I take her on every ride she wants to go on and play every game she wants to play. We only stop long enough to have pizza.

"What's next?" Ollie asks with a mouth full of pizza. A string of melted cheese arches down from her full pink lips to the bite of her dinner. She snaps it off and fingers it up to her mouth in a less than ladylike fashion. Most would sneer, but it's one of the charms that adds to Ollie's unique character.

I point to the well-lit Ferris wheel behind her. I wanted to save it for last, and I am surprised she didn't drag me there when we first arrived. Ollie's attention follows my finger. When her eyes land on the Ferris wheel, I see her face completely light up before her eyes snap back to me. "Really?!"

"I owe you a ride don't I?" The sheer glee on her face makes up for the fact that I blew my month's gas money tonight. I might be begging dad for help, but seeing her this happy makes it worth it.

"Yes!" She practically jitters out of her skin.

When she goes to spring off the bench we're sitting on, I pull her back down and chuckle. "Finish eating first. We've got time."

"Last time I waited, I didn't get my ride." Her bottom lip pokes out in a pout.

A wave of guilt hits me. "I'm going to take you this time, Ollie. No one's here to interrupt us." Even if they were, I'd turn them down. Today is about my girl.

Reluctantly, Ollie sits back down but intently looks from me to the Ferris wheel. The moment we both finish our dinner, though, Ollie is on her feet and tugging me toward the line. Thankfully this one isn't as long as the one at the pumpkin festival.

Ollie grabs my hand, entangling her fingers into mine. The act seems so natural for her, but for me, a warmth spreads up and through my arm that's hard to ignore.

I barely notice her leading me up the metal ramp to the two-seater basket. It isn't until she lets go that I feel like I can breathe again. That is until I take a seat next to her. Once we're strapped in, our carriage takes off, sending us in a slow ascent to the sky. Ollie's gaze turns out toward the sparkling dark surf. To get more comfortable, I rest my arm on the back of the seat and around Ollie.

Her head turns toward me. The smile on her face grips my heart. The way the lights from the pier reflect in her eyes make it look like stars in the midnight sky. I could get lost in those eyes for an eternity. I know I should look away, but I can't seem to pry my gaze off her.

"So." I reach over and tuck a curl behind her ear. "Did you have fun?"

"Yes!" Ollie grips my thigh in her excitement, making me suck in a sharp breath while shifting in my seat to make the strain in my jeans a little more comfortable. "This is the most fun you and I have had in a long time."

Good.

Ollie takes a deep breath and turns slightly in the basket as we make another loop around. "Zany." She nibbles on her lip as her gaze drops to the boardwalk below us. She toys with the bottom hem of her skirt, looking nervous. It's like she wants to say something but isn't sure if she should come out with it.

What I would pay to know what goes on in the head of her's.

"The ride's almost over?" I point out to draw her attention off of whatever's making her so nervous. I hate seeing that pretty face uneasy. "What do you want to do next?"

Ollie glances up from her lap, a little shocked, and looks around as we come to a stop at the ramp. "I-" she hesitates as the ride operator lets us out of our seats. I offer her my hand and a smile. When she takes it, I help her out and lead her down off the ride.

"How does cotton candy sound?" I nod to the concession stand filled with carnival-type foods that are easy on the lips and hard on the arteries.

The end of the Ferris Wheel right seems to have slightly dampened her spirits, so hopefully, a sugary sacrifice will help pick them back up before we have to leave to get back to Mer Harbor.

Ollie nods her head but stays quiet. When we grab a small cotton candy cone, I take her to the empty end of the pier that stretches out into the surf. Below us, the waves crash against the poles, filling the air with the taste of salt.

In the low light, shadows dance across Ollie's skin, highlighting her stunning features as she eats.

"Do I get any?" I ask as I eye the already half-eaten cone.

Ollie playfully grins and pops another chunk of the candy floss into her mouth before muttering, "No."

When she tears off another piece of the pink fluff, I grab her hand and steal the bite right of her fingers. Ollie freezes, with her mouth slightly ajar, as I suck on the tips of her fingers. The sugary candy melts in my mouth as I slowly slip the tips of her fingers from my lips.

My pulse quickens when I see her eyes drop to my lips, and the needing tingle grows in my jeans. Before I can think of what I'm doing, I jerk Ollie into me and crash my lips into her, taking her breath away in a heated needy kiss.

She doesn't fight me. She only perseveres with her hungry, burning kiss. A growl of want tears its way from my gut as I push her up against the railing. Visions of the way the lights danced in her eyes, the contented smiles, and warm touches fuel my desire. Shared groans sound out between us as our lips dance across one another. I relish in the way her body molds itself to mine like we were made to fit one another. When Ollie's arms slide around my neck, I reach down and cup her ass before hoisting her up and pressing my arousal between her legs. I just need to feel her.

I'm getting lost in her depths. The need to taste more of her has my lips leaving hers and trailing down her chin and neck. Sweet gasps escape her lips, only fanning my fire and sending my hands roaming up her sides and palming her ample chest.

"Zany." Ollie moans when I squeeze her chest.

God, her noises are enough to drive me wild. The way she moans Zany. Zany? Shit!

I quickly jerk back and look at her lust-filled face, realizing what the hell I'm doing.

I can't do this.

I carefully but quickly set her down before taking a step back. I can't get far, though, because of Ollie's tight grip on my leather jacket. Her swollen lips turn down in a frown. "What? What's wrong."

"Nothing." I gasp as I try to catch my breath and clear the thick heavy fog out of my head. "I just... I just need to take a walk." I pull Ollie's hand off my jacket.

Maybe it was a mistake coming down here alone with her? I just need a minute away from her to get my head back on straight.

"I'll be right back." With that, I turn on my heels.

Her soft voice calls out to me, "Zany?" Making the sting of reproach grow sharper.

"I'll be right back, I promise," I call over my shoulder, refusing to look at her. If I dare a glance to Ollie, I know I'll be done in.

Right back, takes a little longer than I plan after I head down to the beach and pace the sand, trying to get Ollie out of my mind. Or at least the moaning, sexy sun goddess that's plaguing me.

My phone buzzes in my pocket.

The final text pulls me from the heated thoughts. I don't want her sitting in the dark parking lot alone, so I force myself to trudge back up the beach and to the pier's dimly lit parking lot. I find her leaning against my bike with her arms crossed and staring down at her converse.

When she hears me approach, her head jerks up before standing up straight. Concern riddles her face. "You alright?"

"Yeah." I nod as I stuff my hands into my pockets. "I just need air." I bite the inside of my cheek. I shouldn't have left her on the pier, but I let things get way out of hand.

I nod to my bike. "Ready to go?" I've probably ruined her night for her, and honestly, I don't trust myself not to make a move. I need to get her home and probably a cold shower for myself.

To my relief, Ollie nods. Once we're on the bike and head back home, I notice Ollie seems a little distant. Her thighs aren't squeezing me as tight as before, and her hands sit modestly on my sides.

I miss the feeling of her soft body pressed against my back and the way her fingers spread across my abs. It's for the best, though.

As I pull up in front of Ollie's house, the sight of a bright red bike sets me on edge instantly. When we come to a stop, my attention immediately snaps to the concrete front porch. A lengthy guy sits on the steps, waiting, with his face in his hands. My jaw clenched when Creed's head pops up to look at us.

What the hell is he doing here?!

Ollie bails off the bike faster than I'd like, setting me further on edge. "Creed?" Her melodic voice is riddled with concern as she pulls her helmet off and stuffs it in my saddlebag.

When Creed pushes up off the porch and crosses the lawn, I jump off my bike, placing myself between him and my girl.

Despite the cold glare he's giving me, his voice comes out soft to her. "Can we talk? Becca broke up with me, and I need a friend."

Hey, Lovies.  

Hope you all are having a great weekend.  And, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!  I know one of my readers was hoping that Zane and Ollie would kiss.  When I read that comment, I got so excited cause that was the plan for this outing.  So, hopefully, the kiss was satisfying!

What did you think about Creed showing up on Ollie's doorstep?  And the fact that Becca broke up with him?!  

I know it's been a lot of Zander chapters lately, but we will start getting quite a few Ollie ones now, so I thought one last one wouldn't be bad.  Plus, I wanted to show him getting hot under the collar for her sober addition from his side of things.

Thank you again for reading.  If you enjoyed it, I'd love for you to show it by either hitting that star in the comments, or heck, both.  You have no idea how much feedback from my readers helps.

Talk to you later. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.1K 5.3K 37
When Dalton McCoy fell in love and got married, he figured that it would be forever. The cruel world has other plans that left him a widower and sing...
63.7K 2.6K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
112K 8.1K 43
Clementine Alexander gave her heart away at the young age of sixteen to a boy, turned man, that she knew was going to leave her. She thought she was...
417K 18.3K 45
Jenna Childs and Deke Jeter grow up together as the closest of friends in the little town of Las Palmas, but unbeknownst to them, a terrible secret f...