Personalities in the Dark

By KilluGonLuciel

Desire comes in various shapes and phases. A desire is born from need. And it could be harmless and dangerous... More

• CHAPTER 0 •
• CHAPTER 1 •
• CHAPTER 2 •
• CHAPTER 3 •
• Chapter 4 •
• CHAPTER 5 •
• CHAPTER 6 •
• CHAPTER 8 •
• CHAPTER 9 •

• CHAPTER 7 •

165 19 40
By KilluGonLuciel

A's Phone Call

Personalities in the Dark
||•••||

Clank!

Waking up on a cold morning was never something Killua would do. But he had to do it today to prepare breakfast for Elie and Gon.

For some reason, he was excited to do the cooking. Gon didn't eat anything made by him for a while now. 

Suddenly, strong arms wrapped around his waist and squeezed enough to wrinkle his shirt. Hairy chin rested atop his shoulder and a small kiss landed on his cheek then nape. "Morning, babe."

"G'morning." 

"What're you doing?" Killua huffed and raised his hands a bit to show the cutting board and the veggies he's cutting. His hands were dirty because of tomatoes and veggie syrup.

"Breakfast." Gon hummed, finally released his lover, and went to the coffee machine.

"Have you had your morning coffee?"

"Not yet."

"I'll brew some, then."

"Right." Killua, lazily and slowly, continued cutting the green onions. 

He could feel Gon's eyes on him, "What are you cooking?"

"Omelet."

"Ooohhh!" Yep, Gon's favorite. 

Jamming veggies into it always makes it tastier to Gon. "I'm almost done with the cutting."

"You're slow, lemme do it."

"Nah, go and shave, you look disgusting."

Gon pouted but obeyed. He left the coffee machine brewing and went inside. 

None of them dared to bring yesterday's talk, which is okay. They slept like logs when the talk ended. Gon hugged Killua in his sleep like he's clutching to life.

He's like a little kid who's worried his mom will leave. 

He let out an exhausted sigh and poured the cut veggies into a small glass bowl. 

He's not a good cook. In fact, Gon's so much better. But he has more free time than Gon, which happens to decide their chores.

Oh, right. About free time.

He has to tell Gon about his new job as a copywriter for the news company, JAVA.

"Bae, do I look better?"

While washing the dishes and waiting for the omelet to be done cooking, he looked behind him to the smooth and shaved skin of Gon. He's even done taking his morning shower.

Oh, now. This is kissable. 

"Yep, perfect." Gon grinned and hugged him by the waist.

They stayed in silence — Killua washing the dishes and Gon watching. And teasing Killua with his nose.

Usually, he'd offer his help, but he seemed clingier than usual. He seemed to only want to hug Killua nonstop. And do nothing else.

"You alright?" Killua dared to ask.

"Just enjoying your scent."

"The coffee's done brewing." 

"Right—" he hesitated, almost not ready to break the hug, but did it. Without a word, Gon poured the coffee down the mug and added cream, and stuff Killua enjoys to it.

Killua's a little lazy to do that himself, so when he noticed Gon was preparing a grande coffee mug for him, his heart riveted. 

"You have to eat with us, too."

"I will!" Killua dried his hands and watched Gon flip the omelet; he switched fast to cooking, so he would be of help to his hubby. Killua smiled and tugged the towel between his hands. "Thanks for being here today."

Gon stopped flipping the stuffed omelet and looked at his husband, a little bit of confusion crossed his face. "It's my day off— oh." He paused, grinned sexily, and looked back at the pan. "So, you miss me, too."

Killua looked at the doorway, feeling the heat crawling and invading his cheeks. "Well… 'course. It was lonely without ya."

Gon breathed a sigh of satisfaction, his grin splitting his face, forcing Killua to show off his embarrassment. "How did I forget that you're too shy? You still love and miss me even if you didn't show it."

Killua coughed but didn't reply. "I've been waiting for your affection since I came back yesterday, meanie."

Killua shrugged, "I always give it to you."

"Yes, yes, but not as much as I do. I'm deprived." Killua chuckled.

"My bad." 

One omelet after the other was perfectly done. Killua enjoyed his coffee while Gon cooked until it was time to wake Elie up. 

"Before I wake Elie up, I have to tell you something," Killua said. He clutched Gon's hand whose eyes widened.

"Killua, your hands are freezing!"

"Ah, well that's because I washed the dishes in cold water." Gon inspected him with a frown. He brought his hands to his mouth and blew on them for a second.

"We're not on Whale Island anymore, Killua. There is an instant hot water option there." Gon head-gestured to the sink. He looked back at Killua seriously, "I don't want chores to bruise your skin again."

"It's just the dishes—"

"Even if there is no hot water, pile them up, alright? I'll hire a scheduled maid to do the chores."

"Gon, you're exaggerating."

"No, since I'm already stuck in this job that pays too well, I'll definitely give you everything you desire."

Killua let out a deep sigh and slipped his hands off Gon; they were slightly warmer than before. "I'm not used to the hot water option thing yet, but thanks for reminding me. I won't forget again, okay?"

But Gon, like always, looked stubborn enough. He will surely hire a maid now. So, Killua didn't bicker about it too much.

"So, I want to tell you something." Gon started setting the table, so Killua took the chance to open up.

Gon put the plates full of omelets on the table of three chairs and went to bring utensils. 

"I was hired as a copywriter in JAVA."

Gon stopped and turned towards his husband. "What?"

"I know you don't want me—"

"Killua, we already talked about this!" Gon came closer and clutched Killua's arms. He squeezed them, probably to pass his anxiety towards him. "You shouldn't — You must stay — You can't go — What about Elie?!"

Killua took a small breath then caressed Gon's cheeks. "I'll be at home most of the time, Gon. And when I have to go to the office, JAVA is close to Elie's school, so I'll take him to my work!"

"But!"

"If we can't have a normal life, how would we be happy? It would be better to go back to whale island where we used to be free."

Gon zipped his mouth. He only stared back at Killua's confident gaze that drew him closer, closer, and closer until their lips intertwined. 

"Take the car." Breathlessly, Gon murmured. "I don't need it anyway. I chose to buy your favorite."

Killua raised his eyebrow, blinked, and tried to remind himself which car was his favorite. His mind went blank. 

"You'll see it now when we go to the zoo."

"Alright."

"Never ride in someone else's car, never!"

"Alright—"

"And never talk to strangers—"

"Gon! I'm not a child!" Killua frowned. He tried shaking him off, but Gon tightened his grip over his arms. "Hey!"

"You're only allowed to talk to familiar faces! Like coworkers!"

"Fine!" Killua pushed Gon's clinginess away and huffed. "You bitch. I'm going to wake Elie up and call the school."

Gon looked down, knitting his eyebrows. His face was sickly pale.  So Killua rolled his eyes and slowly walked behind the slumped Gon. 

His hands tightened around Gon's waist and he rested his head on his back. "It'll be fine, baby. I promise I won't do anything reckless, okay? Staying frightened like this will make you look suspicious."

Gon clutched Killua's hands and tightened his grip on them. "I just want you to be safe, that's why we're in a high-security building."

"That explains it. So you knew from the beginning."

"No, I was just worried about leaving you and Elie for days alone in a building without security. Lots of shit might happen. At least that was a good point either way."

Killua only nodded his head. Gon's so thoughtful when it comes to them.

Only clanks emitted from the breakfast table afterward. Elie was sleepy, eating while being half awake. And Gon was lost in thoughts that worried Killua. On the other hand, Killua was thinking about what they could do when they hang out.

"It's delicious." Suddenly, Gon said. "Thank you, babe."

"Don't thank me. You better prepare a good meal next time." Gon grinned and nodded.

"Dad, help me shower!"

"Elie, you're not young anymore. Leave your dad alone. He just showered." Killua piled the dishes on each other to take them to the sink, so Gon pushed him a little to take the mission.

"It's okay, Killua. I'll help Elie to have a grande shower." Killua chuckled and watched Elie and Gon wash the dishes for the next five minutes.

Will they go to the zoo in the new car? Killua's a little jumpy.

"We'll go now. Prepare something nice to wear for all of us, yeah?" Gon said and kissed Killua on the cheek before dragging the excited Elie with him.

They were excitedly talking about a water fight, which let Killua's heart sink. 

Right then, Killua almost followed them to go to their rooms and prepare outfits. However, Gon's phone suddenly started ringing. 

Killua turned and looked at the table. A is calling.

Who?

"Gon?! Your phone's calling!" Killua yelled, but the sound of water probably blocked his voice from coming in. 

He clutched Gon's phone, hesitant whether he should answer it or not. "Gon?!" He tried again, but it didn't work.

Once he put his hand on the green button, the call ended. 

He let out a sigh, almost rested the phone back on the table until it started ringing again.

Maybe it's an important call, he thought. So, he picked it up.

"Hello?"

No one answered. Killua looked at the screen. The phone call is already ongoing.

"Hello? Who's calling?"

"Gon's phone number?" The man behind the call asked. His voice was extremely scratchy and thick. It almost gave Killua goosebumps.

"Yes? He's busy right now?" He said it in the form of a question.

"So, you're his husband, eh?" The man said again. Killua was taken aback by the question.

"Excuse me? Who are you?" For a moment, Killua wanted to hang up. His heart was racing and his body was tense.

"Tell him A called and he was delighted to hear his husband's voice. Have a nice weekend at the zoo." The phone call just ended.

Killua remained in his place fully stoned for countless seconds. How did he know they had plans to go to the zoo? Who's A? What?

"Killu? You didn't prepare anything?" Gon stopped when he reached Killua wearing just his off-white bathrobe "Elie's almost done showering." He looked done at his phone between Killua's hands then back up at Killua's pale face. "Is everything alright?"

"It's…" Should he tell Gon or not? He should. He must. "Someone named A called just now."

"What…" Gon snatched his phone and took a look. Color fully drained off his face when he noticed the phone call that lasted for a few minutes. "You answered… Killua, you answered."

"He called twice—"

"HE HEARD YOUR VOICE!" It was the first time Gon roared at him.

He threw the phone, clutched his arms, and squeezed them into pain. "What did you tell him?!"

Killua looked at him, shocked. "I just… just told him you're busy." Gon gulped, and Killua felt Gon's nerves dancing and his body tensing. "He said to have a good weekend at the zoo."

Gon took a step back, "No way," he wiped his face, "No way…"

"Gon?"

"What else,"

"He seemed delighted to hear my voice—"

Gon started looking around. Left and right, up and down. His reaction almost gave Killua the idea of what they're facing right now.

They're being watched.

The place Gon thought was safe is not safe anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 59 10
Coronavirus is widespread, forcing civilians to stay at home. They were worried, indeed, and it's better not to risk their lives anyway. The story wa...
54.5K 2.1K 31
When land meets sky. He was from earth. Even so, he has always admired what was beyond the earth. He loved the way the stars glimmered at night and...
13.2K 395 39
Gon couldn't hide his feelings for Killua anymore, now that they were going their separate ways. He had to tell him, or he'll regret this his whole l...
19.3K 632 31
A rollercoaster of emotions. Toxic. Wholesome. You decide! Gon is a questionable character in my story but you'll grow to love him I swear DX. This s...