Outsider (Sae-byeok x Fem rea...

By Arandomsimpwhosimps

You're just a normal girl who's obsessed with squid game and has a crush on the character named Sae-byeok. Yo... More

Why am I here?
Salesman
Ddakji
Start
Red light Green light
X and O
Improvement
Back in the game
Honeycomb
Night Fight
Tug-of-war
Silence
Marbles
Upper hand
NOT AN UPDATE (CLOSED)
VIPs
Frontman
Reunion and Rescue
Just random cat pictures I haven't used

An Unforgettable Vacation (Part 1)

4.3K 149 367
By Arandomsimpwhosimps

It's been a year since the twelve of you left the island.

The Police found enough proof about the Killing games' existence and were in shock to realize that the few people (including Gi-hun) who reported it to them before were all actually telling the truth.

The News spread like wildfire and Unfortunately, the twelve of you gained so much attention since you're the survivors of the 33rd killing game.

Fortunately, The Police told the people not to overwhelm the twelve of you, knowing that it will only worsen your mental states. The people who were seen crossing your personal boundaries or Invading your personal spaces (mostly reporters and nosy people) were taken away by the police and The president (who also heard about the killing games) banned them from coming near to any of you again.

A lot happened ever since the twelve of you left the island.

The Frontman truly sent the money to the survivors' accounts (as you told him) before he was found by the police and put in jail.

The Police also found enough proof that Il-nam and The VIPs were responsible for the killing games and They would've been executed if they were still alive.

The guards (who were caught) were all given death sentences for serial murders and for selling the dead players' organs to the black market.

The Police also found out that you were the one who killed Il-nam, the VIPs, and the guards. They thought about sending you to jail at first, but the Majority of the Public didn't want them to- Saying that they (the people you killed) deserved it, considering that they killed thousands of people just for fun (Il-nam and the VIPs) and money (The guards).

The twelve of you got 3.8 billion each (The Frontman sent the money to your accounts), but since the 4 other players you saved were really grateful for your help, they all decided to give you their 800 million (leaving each of them with 3 billion) as a thank you. They then paid their debts, left, and started their own businesses in other countries.

You had 7 billion in total because of them (your 3.8 billion + the 3.2 billion they gave you), but since Sang-woo didn't have enough money to pay for his 6 MF Billion debt (he still lacks 2.2 billion), you decided to pay his remaining 2.2 billion debt for him despite originally hating him in the show. You also gave him a billion, since he already used up his entire 3.8 billion paying for his debts.

'I hate him so much in the show but he didn't stab Sae-byeok or anyone this time so I guess I'm going to help him.'

'Besides, I still have 3.8 billion, It's no worries.'

You thought, but then Ji-tae gave you a billion.

'WHY ARE THEY SO GENEROUS' You thought as you accepted it, referring to Ji-tae and the 4 other players.

'DAMN OK- I NOW HAVE 4.8 BILLION'

[Gi-hun]

Gi-hun's mother was already dead when he returned, just like in the show- But he was able to give her a proper funeral and burial this time. Sang-woo's mother, Sang-woo, You, Sae-byeok, Ji-yeong, Ali, Ji-tae, Mi-nyeo, and the 4 other players (before they left) you saved attended it. After 2 months, you managed to persuade Gi-hun to go see his daughter. You and your companions walked him to the airport and you received a lot of head pats from him before he left.

(Unlike in the show, He didn't dye his hair red this time, thinking that everything is over)

It's been 9 months since Gi-hun went to America. He would still always text/call each of you though, He would ask if you're alright, if anything happened and stuff like how's your day and if you've been eating or sleeping well. He would also sometimes share stories about his daughter and he also apologized to you for not believing you back then (when you told him Il-nam was the mastermind), and you happily forgave him. It turns out that he's now on good terms with his Ex-wife, much to your surprise.

You've talked to Gi-hun's daughter several times through calls, and Gi-hun was happy about it. Well, he was the one who made you talk to his daughter in the first place (he called you and handed his phone to his daughter).

[Ali]

Just a few days after Gi-hun left, Ali left too. He gave you a long hug before returning to Pakistan to meet his wife and child again. His wife also saw/heard the news (about the killing games and Ali being one of the survivors) and was extremely worried and at the same time mad at Ali for joining, but It didn't take long until they both made up.

Ali bought a nice house for the three of them and found himself a better job (where he is treated kindly).

Just like Gi-hun, Ali would always call you and your friends and he would sometimes even send cute pictures or videos of his 1-month old child. You've talked to his wife (in a call) a few times too, and she was really kind.

[Sang-woo]

For Sang-woo, He sincerely thanked you and apologized to you. He opened up a business for his mother (a bakery shop) and you and Gi-hun (Gi-hun talked to him through phone calls) managed to persuade him to tell her the truth. (His mother wasn't aware of his debts and thought/believed that he was away on a business in the United States)

He apologized to her, and much to his surprise, his mother forgave him but she told him not to keep things like that all to himself again and also expressed her worries while scolding Sang-woo for joining a killing game.

Sang-woo also introduced you to his mother (because he was thankful to you) and She, just like Gi-hun's daughter, liked you. She was easy to get along with, so you both quickly became close. She loves talking to you and making you food, such as buns, rolls, biscuits, cookies, cakes, pies, muffins, doughnuts, cinnamon rolls, etc. She would either ask you to visit and eat it with her/them or (If you refuse) send Sang-woo to deliver it to your house.

[Mi-nyeo]

Mi-nyeo... Well, she's still Mi-nyeo.

Turns out that her 'I have a child' act back then (after the 1st game) was just a lie to make the guards pity her and let her go. Anyway, She bought herself a new house and was always on a vacation- She only stopped when she only had 2 billion left.

Her attitude didn't change at all, but she became a bit nicer to you since she's thankful to you. She doesn't know how to show her gratitude though, so she would just buy you stuff like jewelry, bags, clothes, etc after her trips/vacations.

She also called you sometimes, but It was mostly just gossip.

[Ji-tae]

Ji-tae apologized to you again after the twelve of you left the island). He apologized for not being able to help you or repay you despite everything you've done to help them, but just like before, you reassured him that he has already helped you and that you're thankful to him.

He paid his debts, bought a new house for himself, and became a Taxi driver. He gets a lot of passengers every day since he's famous/known for being one of the 12 survivors of the 33rd killing game.

Ji-tae would randomly call you to ask if you're craving anything and buy it, he would then deliver it to your house before resuming with his work- He does the same to Sang-woo, Sang-woo's mother, Sae-byeok, Ji-yeong, and Mi-nyeo.

[Ji-yeong]

Ji-yeong bought herself a new house too, and she would always invite you and Sae-byeok there to binge-watch movies together (sleepover). She would also bring the both of you with her to go on shopping sprees, eat in different restaurants/go to different cafes, have fun in amusement parks, play board games, go bowling, go on picnics, etc.

You Introduced her and Sae-byeok to Sang-woo's mother too and now she's (Sang-woo's mom) making baked goods for the five of you (for you, Ji-yeong, Sae-byeok, Jun-ho and Ji-tae)- Making Sang-woo the delivery man.

Ji-yeong loves hanging out with you and Sae-byeok, and she's noticeably way happier now.

[Jun-ho]

To be honest, In-ho was supposed to be in a death sentence too (just like the guards), but you talked to the judge about it, saying that In-ho was just forced/blackmailed to become the Frontman. With the help (of persuading) of your companions, you managed to persuade the judge to give In-ho a life sentence instead of a death sentence and Jun-ho was extremely thankful for that.

(You managed to talk to and persuade the judge because The twelve of you are known to be the survivors of the 33rd killing game and not just random people)

You text/call Jun-ho from time to time to ask if he's alright and have a friendly chat with him to cheer him up. You also have meals with him whenever the both of you are free.

[Sae-byeok]

Sae-byeok achieved her goals. She bought a nice house for her family, got her brother out of the orphanage, and got her mother out of North Korea. Now, the three of them are living together, and just like Ji-yeong, she's noticeably happier now.

She stopped pickpocketing people and started smiling more.

Sae-byeok had introduced you to her mother and brother. Her mother was really nice to you while her brother was really shy, but he also liked you (his mother liked you too) since you're nice to him and because you're his sister's first friend.

Just like Sang-woo's mom, Sae-byeok's mother was also easy to get along with. Her mother would often invite you to eat lunch or dinner with them and would excitedly cook your favorite food when/if you agree.

Her mother started a restaurant, which became successful just like Sang-woo's mother's bakery- Now, two people are giving you food.

Cheol soon became comfortable with you too and would be excited every time you visit. He even tries to help his mother prepare your favorite food whenever you're coming to eat with them. He now goes to school too, and he would sometimes ask for your help in his assignments.

You and Sae-byeok enjoy accompanying him to his school and you would usually wait for him with Sae-byeok outside his school gate too. The two of you (You and Sae-byeok) got closer ever since you left the island, so you both talk more comfortably with each other now.

***

[PRESENT]

'I'M SO EXCITED AAAAAAAAAAAA'

You mentally squealed while fixing your hair. It's been a year since the twelve of you left the island and today is finally the day that you're going to Jeju Island.

Sae-byeok originally wanted it to be just you and her, but Ji-yeong and the rest also wanted to go with the both of you. Sae-byeok knew you'd be happier if they'd come too so she ended up agreeing, much to your and your companions' delight. Gi-hun and Ali are leaving America (Gi-hun) and Pakistan (Ali) to join all of you too.

Sang-woo is bringing his mom, Gi-hun is bringing his daughter, Sae-byeok is bringing her brother and mother, and Ali is bringing his wife and child/son (who's now a year old).

Your phone rang and you almost instantly picked it up.

You smiled when you saw that Sae-byeok is calling you. The both of you had always called/texted each other ever since she started living with her mother and brother.

"GOOD MORNINGGG" You excitedly greeted AKA screamed as soon as you answered the call and laughed. 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I NEED TO CALM DOWN'

"....I see, you're extra loud today." Sae-byeok finally said after seconds of silence and sighed, causing you to laugh again. "Are you done packing?" She asked and you nodded even though you knew she couldn't see you.

"Yup!" You replied as you pulled your suitcase closer to you.

It's been a year since you left the island, and now you have a house- which you bought for like 400-500 million won on but It was worth it.

"Sorry If I took long, I'm coming to pick you up right now." You said as you went out of your house and locked the door. Thanks to Jun-ho's help, you managed to get a driver's license and you also bought a 5-seater car worth something around 212 million won.

'Man, It feels good to be rich'

You took out your car keys from your pocket as you walked towards your car (which you bought after Sae-byeok told you about her plan of going to Jeju island) and entered the driver's seat after putting your suitcase in the car trunk.

You started your car and started driving with your left/right hand on the steering wheel (left hand if you're left-handed and right hand if you're right-handed) and your left/right hand holding your phone over your ear (right hand if you're using your left hand to control the steering wheel and left hand if you're using your right hand to control the steering wheel)

"Is eomeonim and Cheol there?" You asked Sae-byeok while driving [eomeonim: 'the best word to use when referring to other people's mothers in korea'], 'Ugh, I can't wait to call her mother sieomeoni (mother-in-law) someday hehehehe'  You smiled cheekily at the thought before raising a brow when you heard a noise as if someone just grabbed her phone.

"Noona! Hello!" Your eyes widened when you heard Cheol's voice.

"Hi Cheol!" You happily greeted him back and mentally squealed.

'MY FUTURE BROTHER-IN-LAW IS SO CUTE AAAAAA'

"Wait, let me talk to (Y/N) too." You squealed louder inside your head when you heard Sae-byeok's mother in the background, followed by another faint sound of someone snatching the phone, "Good morning, (Y/N)!" Her mother happily greeted you, causing your smile to widen.

"Good morning to you too, eomeonim!" You cheerfully greeted her back.

"Hey." Your lips slightly parted when you heard Sae-byeok's voice instead of her mother, 'Oh I see, she finally got her phone back' You mentally chuckled before greeting her too.

"Hi Sae, you're back." You said and lightly laughed.

'There's nothing funny but I CAN'T STOP SMILING AND GIGGLING AAAAAAAA SEND HELP'

"Seriously, what did you do to my mother and brother?" She said with a sigh and even though you couldn't see her, you know she rolled her eyes as she said that, causing you to laugh again.

"Hahahaha what do you mean by that?"

"Do you know that they're staring at me while I'm talking to you right now?"

You laughed again but stopped when you heard Cheol in the background, "I just want to talk to (Y/N) Noona too!" 'HE'S SO CUTE PLSSS' You mentally squealed and shook your head when you had the weird thought of biting his cheek when you see him.

"Ah right, (Y/N)-dear." Your ears perked up when you heard Sae-byeok's mother again, "Me and Cheol will go with Jun-ho instead." You immediately raised an eyebrow at what she said and frowned.

"Huh? Why? Is something wrong?" You asked disappointedly.

"No no no, There's nothing wrong dear. I just think It'd be better if you and your other friends are in the same car." Sae-byeok's mother hurriedly explained as soon as she noticed the disappointment in your voice, "Hye-Jin thinks the same." She added, referring to Sang-woo's mother.

"Are you sure, eomeonim?" You asked, brightening up again while she sighed in relief.

"It's fine Noona!" Cheol exclaimed in the background.

"Okay then...Thank you!" You genuinely thanked them and waited for a few seconds for them to return the phone to Sae-byeok.

"Sae?"

"Hm?"

You smiled when you heard her voice, "I'm driving so I need to hang up."

'I love you but I don't want my dearest car to get hurt so ttyl✨'

"Right- Okay." She sighed.

"Wait for me."

"Of course I will"

"I miss you, bye!" You happily exclaimed and chuckled before ending the call.

You and Sae-byeok had gotten closer ever since you both left the island, which means you've gotten more comfortable with her. You've gotten more confident too, and would randomly say stuff like 'I miss you!', 'I really like being with you Sae!', 'Bruh, how can you be so beautiful 24/7?!", 'I really love your smile', 'Thank you for always being there for me!', 'Hehehe I'm glad I make you happy', 'I'm so grateful that we met', 'Hey Saeeee, Let's make more memories together!' and etc which often leaves her flustered.

You couldn't erase your smile on your way to Sae-byeok's house.

'I wish I can stay here forever.'

You shook your head to get rid of your thoughts before excitedly getting out of your car and approaching Sae-byeok, her mother and her brother.

"Noonaaaa!" Cheol excitedly exclaimed and hugged you while her mother affectionately stroked your hair as if you're also her child.

"Jun-ho isn't here yet?" You asked as you patted Cheol's head.

Sae-byeok's mother smiled at you, "Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be here soon."

You slightly frowned before sighing and turning your attention to Sae-byeok who's staring at the three of you. "Sae!" You smiled widely and you waved at her. Knowing that you want to go to her, Cheol lets you go (he was still hugging you) causing you to give him another head pat with a smile before running to hug Sae-byeok.

You mentally screeched when she hugged you back, "Hey..."

You couldn't help but start giggling like an idiot again, "Hellooo~"

'I NEED HELP- LIKE- RIGHT NOW-'

"Hi (Y/N)." She quietly greeted back before pulling away and smiling at you.

'I've seen her smile multiple times already but I still internally panic every time QBSHJABHDVHJ'

"You two can go first." You both turned to her mother when she spoke.

"But Mom-" Sae-byeok was about to refuse but her mother quickly shook her head, "It's fine! It's fine! Just go!" Her mother cut her off while motioning her to go. Sae-byeok still looked hesitant, not wanting to leave her mother and brother alone but then Cheol also butted in.

"Sir Jun-ho will be here in a while, so don't worry about us Noona!" He smiled reassuringly at her while their mother nodded in agreement, causing Sae-byeok to sigh and smile back at them before turning to you.

"Let's go."

Your smile widened and you excitedly reached for her hand, "Okay!" You replied and turned your head to Sae-byeok's mother and Cheol who's watching the both of you with a smile, "See you later, eomeonim! Cheol!" You waved at them using your free hand before pulling Sae-byeok to your car and opening the front seat door for her.

You closed the door after she sat on the front seat and carried her suitcase, placing it inside the car trunk.

"Take care of my daughter, (Y/N)!" Her mother said with a wave as you opened the door to the driver's seat.

Sae-byeok's eyebrows slightly furrowed, "I'm not a chil-"

"Of course I will, eomeonim!" You cheerfully replied to her mother, cutting her off.

You then sat in the driver's seat, closed the door, and drove away.

"Are you embarrassed?" You asked Sae-byeok while driving and laughed when she didn't answer and just continued looking out of the window, "You're so cute when you're embarrassed" You said with a cheeky smile, causing her to turn to you with furrowed brows.

"Shut up." She glared at you but knowing that she's not truly mad, you just stuck your tongue out at her.

"Nahhh~"You laughed, "You like it when I'm loud." You confidently said and grinned when she looked away.

"I don't."

"Sure, sure~"

You laughed again before focusing on driving for the next minutes until a bright idea popped up in your head.

'Eheheheheheh'

"Your mom and Cheol really likes me." You suddenly said, successfully catching her attention.

"Yeah..." She agreed and was about to look out the window again when you continued.

"Should we just get married?" You asked with a grin and did your best to hold back your laughter when her eyes widened in surprise.

"What the hell are you talking about?" She asked, trying to sound annoyed even though she's obviously flustered by what you just said. 

You shrugged, "I mean- They're both very fond of me so there should be no problem, right?" You asked 'innocently' before giving her a playful grin, "Besides, your mother would be a nice mother-in-law and I would love to have a cute brother-in-law too." You added and winked before laughing.

She averted her eyes, "Stop joking."

"Who said I'm joking?" You asked with a smirk, causing her to become more flustered.

"You-" 

Observing her expressions, you couldn't hold your laughter back anymore. "Just kidding!"

Her lips slightly parted, but she quickly closed it and looked out the window again. "You're so annoying." She mumbled but you heard it.

"And you like it, don't you?" You asked with a smile.

"I don't." She quickly replied.

"Oh, shut up." You rolled your eyes, "Stop being in denial and just admit you like me." You dramatically cupped your cheek with one hand, causing her to roll her eyes.

"Stop spouting nonsense and focus on driving."

"How harsh!" You exclaimed with a frown before laughing again, "I still love you though~"

'I mean it.' 

You thought as you watched her glare at you while her ears turn slightly red in embarrassment.

"Do you never get embarrassed saying that kind of stuff?" She asked with furrowed brows, snapping you out of your thoughts.

You dramatically clutched your chest, "Did I just get rejected?" You asked with your eyes wide in fake disbelief.

"Yes." She quickly replied, still glaring at you.

"Ouch!" You pretended as if you're about to cry before laughing, "Eh It's okay, I'll just try again next time." You said and chuckled.

She sighed, "Why are we even talking about this?"

You thought for a while before answering, "I don't know??? I just like seeing you flustered and embarrassed." You shrugged. 'Only if it's because of me though🤭'

"I'm not embarrassed." She said annoyedly.

You scoffed in disbelief, "Yes you were! Especially when I said I love you!"

'I'M NOT BLIND MISS MAAM'

"I was just surprised." She said, obviously forcing herself not to break the eye contact to prove that she's 'telling the truth'.

"Nah-ah-ah, stop denying it." You shook your head, causing her to frown.

"I'm not, you're just assuming things." She argued.

"Assuming???" You dramatically gasped before rolling your eyes, "For your information, I have proof." You confidently said but she pfft'ed.

"As if." She chuckled.

"Hey! I really have proof!"

"Yeah? Where?"

You smirked and pulled over, both surprising and confusing her.

"Why did you-" You quickly cut her off.

"I love you." You said with a straight face despite mentally screeching and watched as she froze at your words. It didn't take long until she nervously averted her eyes, her lips parted too as if she's trying to think of something to say.

'Well Fck- This is awkward.'

'SAY FCKING SOMETHING (Y/N)'  You thought before laughing, "See! You were flustered!" You exclaimed, pointing at her face while her eyes widened at your sudden exclamation. She gritted her teeth, annoyed at herself for thinking that you were actually being serious earlier and embarrassedly looked away, "And now you're embarrassed!" You continued laughing.

You calmed yourself down and started driving again with a smile on your face.

"Stop saying stuff like that." Sae-byeok says, causing you to glance at her but she's just looking out of the car window.

"Why? Does it make your heart race?" You teased and laughed but stopped when she didn't answer.

You were about to glance at her again but she stopped you by finally replying, "No, It's just weird."

You frowned at her reply, "What do you mean weird? People can say 'I love you' to their friends too, y'know?"

'Well- That wasn't a joke and I meant that as more than a friend but I HAVE NO PLANS OF CONFESSING YET OK- It's better if she thinks that I only see her as a friend for now.'

'I don't want to make our vacation awkward bruh.'

"....As expected...." You heard her mumble something but weren't able to understand it so you glanced at her. You saw her with her head hung low, which increased your curiosity. 'Why does she look disappointed?'

"Huh? What was that?" You asked, slightly worried.

She glanced at you, "I said you're still weird."

"Bruh, h-" She cuts you off.

"We're here." She said, pointing at the windshield. You turned to where she's pointing at and saw Ji-yeong's house not so far away. Ji-yeong, Ji-tae, Sang-woo, and Mi-nyeo are all outside her house too, waiting for you to pick them up.

"Oh right." Your eyes slightly widened in realization.

You stopped in front of her house and rolled down your car window, "JI-YEONGGGG!" You waved at her and she excitedly waved back. "Ji-tae, Hello! Sang-woo, hello! Mi-nyeo, hello!" You waved at each of them and just like Ji-yeong, Ji-tae excitedly waved back while Sang-woo and Mi-nyeo calmly waved back, but they both also had a smile on their faces.

You got out of your car and ran to group hug them. You then tried to carry Ji-yeong's suitcase to your car's trunk after the hug but Sang-woo stopped you, "I'll do it." He said with a smile before carrying Ji-yeong's suitcase and placing it inside of the trunk. He also did the same to his, Ji-tae's, and Mi-nyeo's suitcases.

"Ah right... Uhm..." You trailed off and awkwardly scratched your head, "My car only has five seats..." You continued.

"We know, you told us that." Sang-woo replied and the three agreed.

"Then...?" You tilted your head.

"It's fine." You turned to Mi-nyeo when she spoke, "This guy is skinny af, I'm sure he won't take up that much space in the backseat." She said, pointing to Ji-tae and the latter happily nodded in agreement too.

You sighed before smiling at them, "It's fine as long as you're fine with it." You said to Ji-tae.

"Alright, Let's go!" Ji-yeong exclaimed as she excitedly sat in the backseat first. "Woah, this car is nice..." You heard her comment as you sat in the driver's seat. 'I spent more than 212 million won on this, of course it's nice🗿'

Mi-nyeo sat in the backseat next, followed by Sang-woo and Ji-tae. To your surprise, the four of them actually fitted in the car's backseat just like Mi-nyeo said.

"Hello there, Sae-byeok!" Ji-yeong happily waved at Sae-byeok who gave her a wave and a small smile in return.

"Oh right, she's here too." Mi-nyeo mumbled and gave her a small wave before opening her phone.

"Good morning." Sang-woo greeted her with a small smile.

"Good morning, Sae-byeok." Ji-tae greeted her with a friendly smile and wave.

"Good morning..." She greeted the four of them with a small smile before looking out of the window again when you started driving to the airport.

To put it simply: You, Sae-byeok, Ji-yeong, Sang-woo, Ji-tae and Mi-nyeo are together while Sae-byeok's mom, Cheol, Sang-woo's mom and Jun-ho are in Jun-ho's car.

"I'm so excited to see Gi-hun and Ali again." You excitedly said, trying to start a conversation.

"I heard Gi-hun's bringing his daughter." Sang-woo said and you nodded, "Yup! And Ali is bringing his wife and child!" You exclaimed in excitement.

You and Ali's wife are on good terms. Ali told her that It's thanks to you that the twelve of them left the island alive, and because of that she immediately asked him to call you and thanked you. She's very kind just like Ali, so the two of you easily became friends.

"How old are their children again?" Ji-yeong asked.

"Ga-yeong is 11 while Adeel is 1." You answered, referring to Gi-hun's daughter and Ali's son.

"Ga-yeong is Gi-hun's daughter right?" You glanced at Sae-byeok when she asked and nodded, "She's on the same age as my brother." She said, causing you to happily hum in agreement.

"Mm! It'd be nice if they become friends." You said and slightly smiled at you.

"Does Cheol have any friends in his school, Sae-byeok?" Ji-yeong asked.

"The other students are nice to him, but he's too shy to socialize with them." Sae-byeok replied with a sigh.

"Cheol?" Mi-nyeo asked with her eyebrows furrowed due to confusion, fortunately, It didn't take long until she remembered who the three of you are talking about, "Ah, that kid who stared at me like I'm an alien or something." She frowned, referring to the time when Sae-byeok brought Cheol with her when the seven of you (you, sae-byeok, ji-yeong, sang-woo, ji-tae, mi-nyeo and jun-ho) decided to have lunch together.

Mi-nyeo came to the restaurant filled with jewelry, which gave all of you second-hand embarrassment while Cheol stared at her weirdly.

Mi-nyeo got too excited when she finally got rich that she bought and wore so much jewelries. Fortunately, she stopped doing that when she finally noticed that people stare at her weirdly when they see her.

"Well, I can't blame him. You looked weird that time." You shrugged.

"Excuse me? What was that, you brat?" She hissed.

"You were wearing so many pearl necklaces." You said and cringed when you remembered how she looked like that time.

"So? I think it looked good!" She argued, causing you to cringe again.

"Were you trying to steal the oysters' job or something?" Sang-woo asked, obviously disagreeing with Mi-nyeo as well while you laughed at his words.

Mi-nyeo turned to him with annoyance, "Shut up delivery boy, you're just jealous because I can afford a lot of stuff like those."

'I mean- She does have more money than Sang-woo.'

'But if she continues spending her money like that, she'd go broke soon 🙃'

"Why would I be jealous of you, Old woman?" Sang-woo asked, obviously annoyed at what she just said to him too.

'OH???'

"I'M NOT OLD! I'm only twenty, okay? TWENTY!" She screeched, causing Sang-woo to lean away from her.

"Oh yeah-"Ji-yeong faked a cough, 'Fcking Corona' You thought and mentally laughed, "You're 20 now. Are you interested in anyone yet, Mi-nyeo?" She asked, trying to change the topic.

Mi-nyeo turned to her with a brow raised, "Why is that your concern?"

Ji-yeong was about to reply when Sang-woo cut her off, "She's probably going to be alone for the rest of her life." He said in a matter-of-fact tone, annoying Mi-nyeo further.

"Hey! What do you mean by that?"

"I doubt any guy would like you."

"Hah?! I'm Han Mi-nyeo! Of course, someone will like me!"

'PLEASE- THEY'RE LIKE CHILDREN-' You thought as you listened to their argument while driving.

"They probably think you're older than them." You stopped yourself from laughing at what Sang-woo said. 'I MEAN, HE HAS A POINT THOUGH'

"WHY DO YOU KEEP CALLING ME OLD?!" Everyone else except you covered their ears when Mi-nyeo screeched again. Unfortunately, you couldn't cover your ears because you're driving.

"Sht- I feel bad for whoever you end up with." You blurted out and pressed your lips together when you saw Mi-nyeo's eyes widen through the mirror. 'Oops'

"You brat!" She smacked you on the head and you did your best to act as if you didn't feel anything, "Give me back all the designer bags I gave you!" She screeched right beside your ear but fortunately, Ji-tae pulled her back.

'It still scares me how I can now feel pain...'

Yes. Like it said, A lot changed in a year- And it includes you being able to feel pain and having slower healing/regeneration now. It started after Gi-hun's mother's funeral, but you didn't really pay attention to it. You just paid attention to it when you accidentally cut your finger while helping Ji-yeong cook, you were able to feel the pain and the wound healed slower. After returning to your home, you intentionally stabbed your shoulder for more proof and ended up screaming in pain. It took around 3-4 days for your wound to heal, much to your surprise.

You couldn't understand what's happening but you think it's because you changed the original story. 'But everything is over now, so there's no need to worry. I just need to be careful and I'll be fine.' You always reassured yourself and didn't tell anyone about it either.

"Mi-nyeo, please calm down." Ji-tae nervously laughed, causing Mi-nyeo to turn to him.

"Ji-tae, you don't think I look old right?" She stared at him with a hopeful look on her face but Ji-tae didn't answer and just looked at her like this:

Sang-woo and Ji-yeong looked at her like this:

While Sae-byeok is just trying to ignore them.

"YOU-!" Mi-nyeo was about to screech again but fortunately, Sae-byeok sighed and cut her off.

"It's the truth, why are you so mad?" She asked Mi-nyeo with a pokerface.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT WITH THAT EXPRESSION, YOU GA-"

Sae-byeok turned to you, "(Y/N), can we just leave her?"

You smiled at her, "Of course, Sae. If that's what you want." You replied, completely ignoring Mi-nyeo's glare.

"I can help you with that." Sang-woo said and Ji-yeong nodded in agreement.

"HEY-"

"Opening the door while the car is running would be dangerous..." Ji-yeong pretended as if she's thinking before grinning, "So we should just throw her out of the window."

Sang-woo crossed his arms, "Bold of you to assume she can fit there."

You mentally wheezed. Even Ji-tae looked like he's trying not to laugh.

"Why are you targeting me?!" Mi-nyeo complained and crossed her arms, "I should've just gone with Jun-ho!" You immediately cringed at what she said.

"Mi-nyeo. No." You said, causing her to frown even more.

"Why are you all trying to keep me away from him anyway?!" She asked.

She was actually planning to go with Jun-ho at first, but the three helped each other to stop her, worried for Jun-ho's mental health if Mi-nyeo is in the same car as him.

"I can't believe you don't know the reason." Sang-woo scoffed.

"What? Do you think I'd flirt with him or something?!" She asked but paused and thought over her words for a while before continuing, "I mean I will, but-"

"OH GOD, PLEASE NO." You blurted out, completely disturbed by the thought of Mi-nyeo flirting with Jun-ho.

'MOM COME PICK ME UP I'M SCARED'

"That's disgusting." Sang-woo commented.

"I agree." Ji-yeong said with a cringe.

Ji-tae awkwardly scratched his head, "....Uhm, I'm sorry but I also agree."

"See? Even Ji-tae agrees." Sae-byeok smirks.

"HUH?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH FLIRTING WITH SOMEONE?!" Mi-nyeo argued before annoyedly pointing at you and Sae-byeok, "You both flirt with each other too!"

You almost let go of the steering wheel in surprise while Sae-byeok tensed up.

'I-' 

"That-" Ji-yeong cuts you off.

"Oh~ Yes they do~" She said in a teasing tone, causing Sae-byeok to turn to the window again instead, trying to ignore all of you.

"Ji-yeong, St-" Mi-nyeo cuts you off.

"Do you even know how many times you both went lovey-dovey infront of me?!" She shouted AKA asked, and you bit your lip in embarrassment, 'I AM GOING TO CRASH THIS CAR- DON'T TEST ME-' You mentally screeched, but unfortunately, Mi-nyeo isn't done yet. "Do you even know how much I wanted to throw a chair at the both of you during those times?!"

"What do you mean lovey-dovey?!" You laughed, trying to hide your nervousness. "We were just being caring to each other because we're close friends!" You argued and you saw Sae-byeok in your peripheral vision glance at you as you said that but you ignored her.

"OH REALLY?" Mi-nyeo laughed before glancing at Sae-byeok and smirking, "DID YOU KNOW- AGHSBAHBA" Ji-yeong cuts her off by covering her mouth.

"Mi-nyeo shut up." Ji-yeong whispered to her but you heard it.

"Huh?" You asked curiously.

"It's nothing! Just continue driving!" Ji-yeong smiled at you, still not removing her hand on Mi-nyeo's mouth, but the latter managed to remove it just some seconds later.

"HEY-!" She was cut off by Sang-woo covering her mouth.

'The fck is going on-'

"We should've borrowed some handcuffs from Sir Jun-ho..." Ji-tae whispers to Sang-woo and the latter nods in agreement.

After a few minutes of struggling, Mi-nyeo finally managed to remove Sang-woo's hand over her mouth. "Okay! Okay! Fine! I'm not going to say it!" She exclaims with a frown before someone could cover her mouth again and crossed her arms while Sae-byeok quietly sighed in relief.

"Am I missing something?" You asked.

"No, don't worry about it." Ji-yeong smiled reassuringly at you but you were still suspicious.

"No, You're all hiding something aren't you?" You asked.

"(Y/N), That-" You cut Ji-yeong off.

"Is it a surprise???" You asked excitedly but she didn't answer and just glanced at Sae-byeok so you turned to Sae-byeok too.

"Hey Sae, what-" Sae-byeok cuts you off by flicking your forehead.

"Shut up and just focus on the road." She said and you were still about to talk but she cuts you off again by smiling at you, "Just think of it as a surprise." She added and you couldn't help but admire her smile again.

'Fck, Why does she have to look that fine😭'

"Okay..." You looked away and focused on driving again.

'FCKING SIMP' You mentally cursed yourself while Ji-yeong is struggling to hold back her laughter.

Mi-nyeo frowned at the both of you, "What the f-"

"Mi-nyeo, shut up." Ji-yeong cuts her off.

"I hate you all." Mi-nyeo said as she rolled her eyes.

"We hate you too so It's fair." Sang-woo replies, causing you to laugh.

It didn't take long until the six of you arrived at the airport and approached Jun-ho and the others who just arrived too. Together, the ten of you chatted with each other while waiting for Ali and Gi-hun to arrive.

.

.

.

Completely unaware of someone watching you from a distance.

***

[UNKNOWN]

"So they're at the airport?"

"Yes Sir and I heard Player 456 and Player 199 are coming to meet them too."

"I see... Any new information about Player 455?"

"....I'm probably just assuming things but It seems like she's being way more careful these days."

"Do you think she found out us?"

"Maybe but I doubt it, Sir."

"...."

"What should we do now, Sir?"

"Let's...."

[TO BE CONTINUED]

***

-------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE VERY VERY LATE UPDATE😭 I didn't update on Saturday because I rested (I was so tired after the exam week), and I couldn't update yesterday because my 3 closest cousins visited  (unexpectedly) and I spent time with them. (They rarely visit because they live far away so I spend as much time as I can with them every time they do) 

Sorry again and I hope you liked this chapter! Take care!

(And sorry for any errors AJKBDG, I took so much time writing this lmao)

-------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.6K 1.3K 51
"You remind me of a lotus flower because they symbolize purity and self-regeneration. You've been through so much in your life, but you still have a...
13.7K 709 21
THIS BOOK IS AN ALTERNATIVE OF WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN SQUID GAME IN THE PERSPECIVE OF SABYEOK AND JIYEON MOSTLY. Some mature scenes. :) SMALL POV...
44.5K 2.2K 26
ooo. In which losing the game isn't the only thing she loses. squid game / kan...
115K 4.5K 41
Squid Game goes into the second round and invites all the winners of the games from each year and each country to another 6 games. Against their will...