A Returning Legend (Destiny 2...

By JakobLikesSushi

100 years after the Great battle between Light and Dark occurred. Most of Humanity took back what was stolen... More

Prologue
Arriving To the Azur Lane Base
A Miracle
Meeting the Leaders of the Factions.
Guardian, Crush 'em.
A New-found Respect and An Old Nightmare Returns
A Misunderstanding
New Allies.
A Surprise Attack on the Base.
Fear
Confession (18+)
The Sirens Talk about Jasper and the Guardian's History.
The PR PROJECT BEGINS
An Old Enemy Arrives
The Fallen
Fate
The Shadow Thief
Taniks, Servant of the Witness.
Drown in the Deep Or Rise From it
Humanity's Champions VS The Kell of Darkness
Heading Back Home
Uh-Oh
A Siren meets A Guardian
Comforting the Pillar of Humanity
New Beginnings and...an unexpected Surprise.
Happy Dawning and a Merry Christmas
Self-Doubt
Strength VIII
The Power of Strand
Per Audacia Ad Astra
Help needed from Beyond
Humanity's Great Ally
Relics of the Past

Leaving the Old War and In comes a New One.

7K 66 73
By JakobLikesSushi

Location: New York Harbor, New York City, USA.

The story starts off with two people having a conversation in a cafe 

"For the last time, Isaac. I'm not going to another war! I'm done!" A male voice said. This is Jasper Smith. One of the last Guardians still standing today with its Ghost.

Currently, he's in a huge argument with his best friend, Isaac Jones.

"Damn it, Jasper! I can't be the only one fighting them! We need you!" Isaac said. Then a waiter comes in nervously with their drinks.

"H-Here you go..." The waiter said with a shaking tone. She puts down their drinks and quickly scurries away.

"See? Your outburst scared that woman." Jasper taunted. Isaac sighed and rubs his forehead.

"Oh come on, Isaac. You're still one of the most powerful Guardian I know.  How bad is this new threat anyway?"

"Really bad," Isaac answered.

"On a scale of one to ten."

"Ten." Isaac immediately responds. Jasper raised his eyebrows and laughed.

"HAHAHAAH! Oh, come on, Isaac! If you say ten! That means this threat can cause a Collapse!"

"F-Fine...an 8 then!" Isaac corrected himself. Jasper calms down from laughing and takes a sip of his drink.

"Okay. If it's an 8 then why come to me?"

"Because you and I are the last living Guardians wielding both the Light and the Dark. It is our sworn duty as Guardians to protect Humanity from the unknown." Isaac explained. Jasper nodded.

"Right, that's true. But I'm retired now, Isaac."

"Jasper, you may be retired but your bones are still young and healthy thanks to the Light," Isaac said.

"Okay, so? We've been fighting nonstop this whole time. We need a break, Isaac."

"And I agree with that. But now a new threat has emerged and we must face it once more!"

Jasper sighs. Then a small sapient machine floated up. 

"Jasper...please be considerate here. We are in dire times." The small machine said. It is Jasper's Ghost, Jamie.

"Jamie, I told you to hide," Jasper said.

"I know, but I can't help but feel like I should join in. The world needs you, Jasper." Jamie said.

"Why the hell are you two acting like I'm some sort of hero?" Jasper ask.

"Because you are?" Jamie said in a confused tone. Jasper sighs.

"Please, Jasper. I know you deserve your retirement but...the world is in danger. I would never ask you to fight once more if isn't as bad as it is but it's worse." Isaac pleaded. Jasper thinks for a minute then sighed.

"Fine, but only in one-" Jasper says before getting cut off by explosion and screaming. They quickly paid their order and head outside.

"What the? The hell is going!?" Jasper asks. They both look around. They see cars on fire. Some buildings were ruined and people ran away screaming.

Suddenly they hear a high-pitched scream. They look to find the source. Both widen their eyes as an alien slowly comes over to a woman who was on the ground. It raises its weapon up as the woman was screaming and having her hands up in the air seemingly trying to block the weapon

"JAMIE!" Jasper yelled.

"GOT IT!" Then Thorn appeared. 

Jasper grabs it and fires Thorn on the alien. The alien died by two-shot across the head. Jasper quickly came over to the woman. He creates a divine protection grenade and throws it at her. All of the woman's wounds were gone. She was surprised.

"T-Thank you!" She said.

"Don't mention it. Now go to the evacuation shelter now!" Jasper said. The woman nodded and ran.

"Jasper!" Isaac comes over

"What the hell were those things!?" Jasper asked.

"Those were the things I've been trying to tell you about! Long story short, those are the Sirens and they are responsible for making the world in chaos right now! But to be more specific. That's an Explorer! It's like a grunt for the Sirens!" Isaac explained. Jasper nods.

"Right, look here is the plan. Go to the evacuation shelter and protect the people there. Is the military coming by?" Jasper asks. Suddenly, the sound of a jet can be heard as 3 jets pass by and fire down on the Sirens.

"Well, that answered your question," Jamie said. Jasper sighs.

"Go now, Isaac! I can handle the ones at the ground!" Jasper ordered. Isaac nodded and started to run towards the shelter.

"Jamie, if you would," Jasper said. Suddenly, his clothes changed.

"It seems the world has really changed," Jasper muttered. He checks his guns before looking up. "Welp, time to save the world again I guess." As Jasper started to fire every Siren he sees.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaac arrived at the shelter. He sees many people who are distraught. Then the big tv in the shelter turns on.

"This is BBC News! As all of you are aware, the Sirens have started to attack the Harbor! Currently, our Kansens and military are trying their best to push them back. We don't know how long will this continue! But please pray that we can repel them!" The newscaster said. Then the tv switches back to that news wait up.

Everyone was nervous and scared. 

"You okay, Isaac?" A male robot voice can be heard. Isaac looks to his left and sees his Ghost, Ralph. 

"Yeah...just a bit shaking right now but I'm okay," Isaac answered.

"Alright...well you should be prepared if a Siren tries to come here," Ralph suggested.

"Yeah...I'll do that," Isaac said as he goes to the bathroom. After he changed his clothes to his armor. He walks out of the bathroom, completely in change of his clothes

Some of the people look at him with confusing looks. Isaac ignores them. Suddenly the tv switches back to the news anchor.

"BREAKING NEWS! AN UNIDENTIFIED MAN IS ON THE SCENE FIGHTING SIRENS!" The newscaster said. Many were surprised. Then it switches to the scene where Jasper is. Everyone was in awe as Jasper continues to decimate Sirens left and right.

"Wow!"

"He is crazy!"

As the people from the shelter continue to watch the scene. Isaac checks his gun, making sure it is ready to go.

"Looks like Jasper is having fun," Ralph said cheeringly. Isaac chuckles a bit.

"Wow, Mom look! That man is wearing funny and he has a small floating thing." A small kid said. Isaac looks up to see the kid next to him, eating a lollipop. The kid's mom came over and apologized to Isaac and took her kid away.

"She seems really stressed," Ralph said. Isaac sighs.

"Let's go outside. We can't let those Siren come near those people."

"Yeah." Ralph agreed. As they went to the backdoor of the shelter

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Location: Atlantic Ocean

Somewhere in the ocean, lies a base. In the base, the Sirens lived there. Going inside, a throne room is revealed showing two Sirens in there.

"Seems everything is going according to plan." A Siren said. This Siren has yellow eyes, white hair, pale white skin, and has riggings with tentacles around it. This is Observer Alpha, one of the High Ranking Sirens.

"Indeed it has. Make sure Purifier is ready if anything is not going as we planned." Another Siren said. She has white hair, red eyes, pale white skin like Observer, and has riggings similar to a great white shark's mouth." This is the leader of the Sirens, Arbiter: The Empress III.

"Yes, Your Empress." Observer acknowledged. Suddenly the throne room's door swung open and in came an Explorer who is in a panic state.

"B-Bad news!" The Explorer said. Both were a bit surprised.

"Tell." Arbiter said in a commanding tone. The Explorer shook a bit before telling her.

"There is a human having some kind of mysterious power killing us." She reported. Arbiter raised one of her eyebrows.

"A human with powers? Interesting." This piqued Arbiter's interest. "Go get Purifier ready to annihilate that fool."

Both the Explorer and Observer nodded. The Explorer left the room.

"A human with powers. That never happened on the other timeline." Arbiter muttered.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"So what's my mission again?" Another Siren girl asked. She is wearing what seems to like a school girl's outfit, has white hair, yellow eyes, and has a hammerhead shark-like rigging.

"Take this unwanted element out. Don't care how you do it, but just get rid of it. Got it Purifier?" Observer asks. The girl, Purifier smiled.

"Hehe, sounds easy." Purifier said. Observer rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, you better not fail your mission."

"I won't, I won't. Sheesh, Observer. You need to relax sometimes." Purifier said as she snaps her finger and a portal appeared. "Anyway, I hope this human can give me some good time!" And off she goes. Observer sighs.

"You better not fail, I mean it." She muttered.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jasper continues to kill every Siren he sees left and right. The streets are covered with the guts and blood of the Sirens that Jasper left behind and slaughtered.

"You know, Jamie. These guys aren't as dangerous then what Isaac makes them out to be. I mean, the Hive was a much bigger threat than these things." Jasper commented as he stabs an Explorer right in the chest. He takes out his sword and stomps the Explorer's head. Its brain meat splattered everywhere.

"I mean, that's true but...I can't help but feel like these things are just puppets." Jamie said.

"Hm..." Jasper wonders. Suddenly, Jamie detected something.

"JASPER, BEHIND YOU!" She screamed. Jasper quickly turned around as a giant laser barely missed him. Jasper widens his eyes.

"AWWWWWWW! WHY DID YOU MOVE AND HOW DID YOU DETECT THAT!?" A female voice can be heard. Jasper puts his guard.

"Above you, Jasper!" Jamie said. Jasper looks to see a Siren floating up. It was Purifier.

"So you're the human that I have to get rid of? HAHAHA! This is gonna be so easy." As Purifier's rigging started to light up.

"Hmph, let's see about that," Jasper said as he started to charge towards her. Purifier charges her laser. She floats away from Jasper and fires. Jasper dodges her laser. Purifier was a bit surprised.

"Wow, this guy is good." She thought. She stops firing and starts shooting out missiles. Jasper tries to dodge the onslaught but a lucky missile manages to blow near him, making him unbalanced and tumbling down to the ground.

"Shit!" He screams internally.

"You okay, Guardian?" Jamie asked. 

"Never felt any better. Don't get out, I can heal myself." Jasper answered as he created a healing rift. All of his wounds healed.

"WOW! You really do have some powers! I wonder if you can survive this!" Purifier shouted as she fires a mega laser at Jasper. Jasper cast Sentinel Shield. He summoned a shield filled with Void Light. He blocked the laser and stood his ground. 

"GRRRRR! HMPH!" He muffled. Purifier, this time, was really surprised.

"He can survive that!?" She asked frantically. The laser was now on cool down. Jasper took this opportunity and quickly dashed towards Purifier.

"What is he gonna do now!?" She wonders. Suddenly, she sees Jasper jump and levitates. He then cast Dawnblade. He summons a sword filled with Solar Light.  Purifier was now fighting a Guardian.

(if you wanna play it)

Purifier quickly fires her laser at Jasper but Jasper dodges it and launches Solar Light at Purifier. She tries to dodge but the projectile tracked her. It hit her and burned her.

"OWWOWOW! THAT BURNS!" Purifier shrieked. Then she was then punched in the face. Her body fell to the ground at an insane speed. Jasper quickly descended down and runs toward her. Purifier quickly recovered and floats up to the sky.

"THAT'S IT! YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT!" As missiles rain down from the sky. Jasper quickly dodges all of the missiles while trying to get close to Purifier.

"RAHHHH! TAKE THIS!" A huge barrage of tracking missiles goes straight towards Jasper. Jasper quickly evades the missiles but the missiles curves around and target him. Jasper clicked his tongue as he waits for the missile to come closer.

"HAHAHAHAA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? DON'T JUST STAND THERE! DODGE!" Purifier mocked. Jasper ignores her taunts. With Dawnblade still up, his right arm filled with Arc Light. The missiles closing in, he slams his right fist in the ground. Cracking it, sending a massive shock wave on the earth's floor, and destroying the missiles, and creating an Arc explosion. All were in awe. Purifier was so shocked and surprised that she hasn't realized Jasper was coming right for her. Before she could even react, Jasper does a hard uppercut to her face. Her face was knocked back, Jasper grabbed her clothes and filled his right arm with Arc Light once more, he punched Purifier's face so hard that she flew through some buildings. Without even taking a breath, Jasper charges forward. Purifier slows gets up and puts up a stance. Her rigging while not damaged has to cool down from firing so many lasers. Jasper quickly dashes towards her, Purifier braces herself as Jaspers throw a Solar hammer at Purifier. She evades the hammer but was kicked in the guts.

"GAHH!" Purifier winced in pain. She was launched onto the streets once more. But this time, the military was there, too. Both were surprised to see each other. The soldiers aimed their guns at Purifier but their hands were shaking. Then both see Jasper emerge from the broken building. Purifier was now shaking in fear. This was a first for her. She was not the predator anymore, she was the prey.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"As always, Jasper is very brutal to his enemies. That's why many Guardians don't wanna do the Crucible against him. I kind of feel bad for Purifier now." Isaac commented.

"Yeah. He is really a powerful Guardian, we shouldn't offend. His Legend makes people respect him but in today's ear not anymore because everyone has forgotten about the existence of the Guardians." Ralph also commented. Isaac sighs.

"I hope I can make him be a commander, we need him," Isaac said.

"I think we have a chance now since he has seen what the Siren are capable of. Maybe he will consider."

"That's what I hoping, Ralph. That's all I'm hoping." Isaac said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"S-STAY AWAY!" Purifier shouted. While her natural healing is taking place, it doesn't matter when she is feeling cornered. Suddenly, many of the Explorers comes to her aid. This doesn't concern Jasper as Arc Light swirled around his right arm. He makes a fist and slams the ground, destroying all of the Explorers near the area. The soldiers and Purifier were shocked beyond belief. Without even hesitating, Jasper pulls out Thorn and shot Purifier in the head. Her body fell down to the ground motionless. Jasper didn't buy it, so he stomps Purifier heads. Some of the blood and guts landed on him. Jasper then looks at the soldiers. They were shaking and scared. He then leaves the scene swiftly.

"W-What the hell just happened?" One of the soldiers asks.

"I-I don't even know." The soldier's comrade said.

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this remake of my story. With now the things I wanted in place, I hope the story will be good for all of you. I will also try to upload a chapter every weekend but don't count me on that. College is a pain but I can manage. Anyway, I hope you have an awesome weekend and I might be able to upload a new chapter tomorrow or Sunday. Depending on where you live, of course

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 149 16
Humanity is on the brink of extinction. An enemy from beyond our world is trying to take it. The Azur Lane, an organization meant to combat this thre...
5.8K 74 18
Mental Cubes: The very material that Ship-girls began to appear after alien-like creatures called Sirens had appeared on Earth, had began to alter na...
6.7K 324 35
"I found the portal to the roots the Tree." "Where?" "But it's on the dark side." "How long do we have left if we don't intervene? "3 to 6 months bef...
38.9K 1.1K 20
In this world, shipgirls were created to keep humanity safe from threats from another world. The sirens. But when humanity was safe, the different fa...