How To Be Human

By MADcreations

"I have been shot at by people today, been chased around by people wearing hazmat suits, I overheard my boss... More

How To Be Human
How To Lure A Vampire
How To Deal With A New Human
How To Get Away From The Bad Guys
How To Feed A New Human
How To Get Your Job Back
How To Avoid Being Captured
How To Not Get Laid
How To Plan A Plan That May Not Work
How To Throw Away Gum Wrappers
How To Stop Being Called A Kid
How To Deal With One Of Warren's Friends
How To Walk Through Memories
How To Track Someone Down
How To Bargain With Death
How To Know Your Creatures
How To Spend The Day Away
How To Get My Mother In The Palm Of Your Hands
How To Celebrate A Birthday
How To Give Baby Food A Black Eye
How To Cause A Distraction
Chapter 22: How To Escape Like Pros
How To Party Hard With Jealousy
How To Get Some Answers
How To Sit Through A Scary Story
How To Feel When You're Connected
How To Get To Transylvania From New York
How To Ge To Know Warren's Psychotic Vampire Friend
How To Have A Fight In The Worst Place Possible
How To Get Out Of A Trap Once And For All
How To Tie Up Loose Ends
How To Write An Epilogue
Warren's POV - First

How To Deal With A Miserable Warren And A Hungover Alexis

15.1K 884 86
By MADcreations

Chapter 24 : How To Deal With A Miserable Warren And A Hungover Alexis

When I woke up, I instantly regretted it and wanted to fall back asleep again. It felt like there was a tiny monkey banging a drum against the inside of my head. My stomach felt like it was tossed up from being on a roller coaster. My whole body ached and I knew there was going to be consequences to deal with.

“Here.”

Slowly, I opened my eyes. “Holy shit,” I muttered at the sudden flash of pain in my eyes. The light finally dimmed down and Warren was standing in front of me, holding two small Advil’s and a cup of water. I grabbed them and downed them like they were going to save my life. “Thanks.”

I remembered exactly what I did last night. I was upset with Warren and Jennifer. I wanted to have fun and forget about everything Warren and I did. I remembered kissing the werewolf, drinking, and dancing all on repeat. I remembered seeing Warren practically having sex with Jennifer on the side of the wall. I also remember him coming over to yell at me. When we got to the car, that’s where it all goes hazy.

“Oh my god,” I dragged out in a whisper, more to myself. “I killed so many brain cells last night it’s not even funny.”

Warren did not agree with me. He had his arms crossed and he was looking down at me, silently glaring. I kind of just stared back at him, not entirely sure what to do. He looked very pissed off at me. I remembered last night that he was the angriest I’ve ever seen him. He was beyond livid and if I wasn’t so drunk off my ass, I would’ve been able to see it.

“Go take a shower,” He said very slowly, pronouncing each syllable very clearly. He was very angry still. “You smell like that fucking mutt.”

Slowly, I sat up, and the world dipped. When everything was leveled again, I took my first steps. I grabbed my backpack that was on the table and headed to the bathroom. But then I paused. If he was going to say rude stuff, I was going to, too. “And you smell like that whore.”

Before he could go off at me, I slammed the door shut and started the water. If he wanted to, he could’ve easily tore down the door. But he didn’t. So I relaxed and took my shower. The hot water felt nice on my aching muscles. I washed and scrubbed all the sweat and dirt off of me. When I got out, I felt refreshed. But my stomach and head still hurt a lot. I put on comfortable basketball shorts and an old t-shirt.

I left my hair wet and exited the bathroom. Warren was sitting on the bed, watching TV. He didn’t take his eyes off of the screen. He just breathed in slightly. “Much better.”

I ignored his comment, even though I could faintly smell that he sprayed some of his cologne to get rid of Jennifer's scent. Instead, I hoisted my backpack over my back and shoved on the pair of flats I was wearing last night. “Bye.” I whirled around, walking towards the exit of the room. But when I turned, Warren was already there. I jumped back and my heart started to race. I forgot now that he has his vampire abilities, he was able to do whatever the hell he wanted to.

“Where are you going?” He questioned, leaning against the door.

I shrugged. “Home. If my boss comes for me, I don’t care. I’ll just tell him what I showed him was all fake, or something.”

Warren bared his teeth at me. “You silly little child,” He hissed. “You can’t go anywhere.”

Anger boiled in my veins. “And why not?”

“Because you’re in my world now, honey. Getting the formula back was just part one. You’re stuck here till Ryan is dead, on the ground, in front of me.”

“Why?” I spat, my anger rising. That had nothing to do with me. “Go do it yourself!”

“If you leave now, they’ll capture you in an instant. Torture you for information you don’t have. When they find out you have nothing, they’ll kill you.”

I faltered, digesting what he said. “Is that why you won’t tell me anything about you?” I asked. “Because you think I’d just gossip it to the person across the street?” I threw my backpack at him. “I wouldn’t do that, Warren! I don’t care if they’d poke me with needles! I’m not like that!”

“You’d be surprised how much you’d blurt out if you were being tortured for days on end,” Warren muttered harshly, probably from past experience. He's tortured many people before and I didn't want to know one single person he did it to.

I wanted to hurt him in any way possible but I couldn’t. “Why don’t you just get Jen to help you? I’m sure she would be more than happy to help!” We both heard my tone of voice. It wasn’t just angry. It just let out a mini explosion that had a taste of bitter jealousy.

“Jennifer,” Warren growled out, “is just someone I fool around with. She means absolutely nothing to me.”

“Then what am I to you? Huh?” I barked out. “Just some stupid human that caused you more trouble? I know I don’t look like Jennifer, I don’t have long, pretty legs like she does. I can’t dance like she does. I - ” I cut myself off and just shook my head, on the verge of tears. “Just forget it.”

I kicked my shoes off and was about to go back to bed when Warren grabbed my wrist and tugged. I stumbled over to him, almost banging into his chest. “You,” He breathed throatily in my ear, “are a pain in my ass. When someone annoys me as much as you do, I usually kill them with my bare hands. So, micul meu frisca, you must mean something to me because you’re still alive and well.”

“Jen must mean something too, then,” I whispered. If I went any higher I would’ve started crying. “You keep her around all the time.”

“She’s my distraction,” He breathed again.

I was still upset. So I knew my next words were going to burn him. “Yeah, well so is my werewolf.” I made sure I enunciated the ‘my’, because he got very pissed off every time I did it.

Warren’s grip around my wrist got tighter. He threw me into the wall and just like last night, he was on fire. But this time, I was sober, so I could see how truly terrifying he was. “If you talk about that fucking disgusting dog one more goddamned time, I’m going to tie you to the bed and leave you here all day and night without any food or water.”

“You wouldn’t dare,” I whispered angrily.

Every muscle in his body tensed even further. “Try me.”

“Why?” I suddenly spat in his face. “Why can you have a distraction, but I can’t?”

“Because you’re not the one who needs it,” He growled out. “You don’t know what I go through just to finish the day, kid. You’re a human, you don’t even understand the half of it.”

I wanted to scream in his face what I did understand. I understood that I was jealous when he used his distraction, because I wanted to be his distraction. I didn’t want to feel jealous. Because if I did, that meant I was attracted to him. That I cared for him. But it all meant that it would die down soon enough. My attraction and caring for him would decrease and it would all go away. I don’t know what part I was afraid of most.

“I can hear every inappropriate thought that’s running through your pretty little head, princess,” He breathed in my ear. Just like that, I forced myself to have a clear head. No thoughts, no mind reading.

“Stop going through my head,” I snarled.

“I can’t help it, I’m attracted to your thoughts,” He purred, and I knew for sure that he heard everything. “But it should die down soon enough, right?”

“You’re an asshole!” I screamed at him, tears streaming down my face.

“Hate to break it to you, love, but it’s not going to go away. All that attraction and caring, it’s going to sit it’s ass down and it’s not getting up. Ever. So you’re going to have to deal with it, sweetheart.” His lips brushed over my ears. “You still don’t think love exists?”

“Love can go kiss my ass,” I snarled, shoving him away. “I don’t even know you. I know nothing of your past, who you even are right now. Ryan Caine could have a real good reason as to why he wants you dead. That memory he showed me should be enough proof!”

Ryan Caine,” Warren roared, muscles jumping out of his skin, “is an evil, sadistic, son of a bitch who will do anything to get you on his side! Do not, even for the slightest second, believe anything he tells you! He will not take you away from me, just like he’s taken everything else!”

I suddenly stopped moving. Warren was away from me now, hands clutched in fists. “What has he taken away from you, Warren?”

He calmed down instantly. “Nothing.”

I screamed out in frustration, flinging a hand at him. “This is what I’m talking about! You shut me out of everything! I want to help, but you won’t let me!”

“I can’t let you in,” He started slowly, anger mixed with his voice, “because it’s too dangerous for you. You could get hurt. I’m one of the most wanted, most dangerous vampires in the entire world. Being in my presence already puts you in enough danger. You saw what happened to Joel.”

“Then bring me somewhere safe,” I told him. “Bring me somewhere safe then, and tell me everything.”

He snorted and ran a hand over his face. “That’s just it. The most safest place for you to be right now is with me, but at the same time, it puts you in more danger than anything else.”

“That doesn’t make any fucking sense!” I screamed at him.

“To you, it doesn’t,” He snapped.

“Warren,” I said sternly. “If you don’t start telling me what’s up, I’m going to refuse to talk to you.”

Warren’s upset and angered gaze melted into one of amusement. “Really? Maybe you really are a kid.”

I huffed and crossed my arms. He was in for a surprise. When I put my mind to something, I usually stick to it. “Starting…now.”

_______________

I'm on spring break. My boyfriend works all spring break and on his day off, he has an interview to go to. This is currently why I'm in my pajamas, on the couch, eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream and getting ready to binge watch the episodes of Bates Motel that I've missed. Sigh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

698K 15.6K 13
He saw her that day, the first day she started working for his sick aunt. She was bubbly, vivacious, slightly crazy and stunningly beautiful. She mad...
26.4K 900 31
Warning: This book contains mature content. "Your scent is driving me crazy, mate. You're so ready for me," he said darkly, inhaling deeply, intoxica...
2.2K 141 57
Elizabeth, a young lady who was a wolf hunter as a side proffesion but a well known business woman suddenly stumbles upon a person who changes her en...
2.5M 91.1K 23
"You're the only thing that I have ever truly loved," he states, leaning in closer. I try to scoot away, but he corners me on the bed, placing his bo...