Red Hood - Vengeance

By The_Pugg

Y/N Todd was the second Robin, taken under the Bat's wing he was taken off the streets and pushed into a life... More

-- Introduction --
The Beginning
Training Commences
-- Villains you'd like? --
Familiar Faces
Clash with the Clown
Tragedy
A New Start
-- Apologies!! --
Anger of a Father
Loyalty to the League?
The Power of Rage
The Investigation Begins
Deceit and Warnings
A Tense Meeting
A Shocking Revelation
-- A Break --
Threats and Opportunities
The Crafting of an Allegiance
A Battle of Brothers
The Makings of a Monster
League Vs Legion
The Clown's Plan

The First Night

1.3K 38 2
By The_Pugg

Y/N had kept training under the guidance of Bruce for the next 4 months and he was finally ready to defend Gotham.

"So what kind of suit and name will I get?" Y/N asked Bruce as he stood in the Batcave.

"You'll be Robin, like Dick before you." Bruce said, standing in his Batman suit with the cowl down.

"I...don't know what Robin is." Y/N stated bluntly.

Bruce chuckled as he pressed a button on his gauntlet and an armour stand lit up, displaying the suit of Robin.

Y/N stepped forwards and looked up at the suit, it wasn't what he was expecting but it wasn't bad.

After a short while he was looking at himself in the mirror with the suit on and he looked GOOD! After a small bit of posing Batman, now with his cowl up, appeared in the mirror behind him.

"Let's go, Robin." The Dark Knight said, turning and walking towards the Batmobile.

Y/N ran after him and hopped in the Batmobile, Batman followed shortly after and they sped off into the streets of Gotham.

He watched as the street lights flew by the window, he was finally going out into Gotham! Real criminals and real crimes!

"Prepare to launch."

Batman pressed a red button on the Batmobile's dashboard and the roof of the car opened, launching both vigilantes into the air. Robin extended his cape and begun gliding above the Gotham cityscape.

He followed Batman as he headed towards a large building with the bright blue letters "GCPD" spanning the side of it. As Robin began to descend he spotted a man wearing a detective's coat smoking a pipe while standing beside the batsignal.

Robin landed shortly after Batman as the man turned towards them.

"Nice to see you, Batman." He said walking up to the Caped Crusader.

"What's the situation, Jim?" Batman asked.

"We aren't certain, reports came in of gunfire down by the docks, best description we could get was that they were dressed like mercenaries." Jim said.

"We'll head down to investigate, have men ready to move in once we find out what's there." Batman said, turning away.

"We?" Jim asked, finally noticing Y/N.

"Robin? I thought you went by a different name now?"

"No, I'm the new Robin." Y/N said, puffing his chest out.

"You took in another sidekick?" Jim asked Batman, looking up, but Batman was already gone.

"He just disappeared like that? That's really rude," Y/N said, "see you later Jim!"

Robin ran and jumped over the railing, spreading out his cape and gliding away.

A short while later, both Batman and Robin were sitting in the Batmobile, racing towards the Gotham Dockyard.

"So, Jim?" Y/N asked.

"Jim Gordon, Commissioner of the Gotham Police Department," Batman explained "he was my first ally on the Police Force back when he was Captain."

Y/N hummed in response before falling silent and looking out the window.

As they approached the docks, the Batmobile switched into stealth mode causing the engine to fall silent. Eventually they pulled into an alley and climbed out of the car.

Grappling up, they stood atop a local building and looked down upon the docks.

"What do you see, Robin?"

Y/N looked down, several shipping containers crowded the dockyard, several lay open with the mercenaries taking crates from inside.

"Looks like they're searching for a specific crate or set of crates...though they don't seem to know which container the crates are in." Robin said.

"Good, you've practiced for this." Batman said, jumping off the building snd gliding down to the shipping containers.

Y/N quickly followed the Dark Knight, by the time he had landed on one of the containers Batman had already dispatched of one of the mercs, whose unconscious body was face down.

He'd already lost sight of Batman so Y/N decided to go solo, jumping from container to container as stealthily as he could.

He looked down, spotting a merc walking solo, Robin jumped down and plunged his foot into the side of the mercenary's knee, folding the leg sideways.

Before the mercenary could scream, Robin punched the man's face into one of the containers and he fell silent onto the wooden dock.

Although the scream had been silenced, the impact on the container echoed about the quiet dockyard. Y/N quickly climbed the container and jumped away.

As he landed on the wooden dock once more he heard the deep boom of footsteps nearby, hiding behind some crates he waited, silently.

The footsteps grew closer and closer until they fell silent, causing Y/N to peek out from behind the crates.

No-one.

Relieved, Y/N stood before feeling a chill and spinning around. It was too late as a hand wrapped around his neck, he was lifted clean off the ground and locked eyes with a man in a luchador mask.

"The Bat has a new compañero." The luchador said before grabbing a hold of Robin's leg and raising him up high, his back facing downwards.

Before the luchador could act further a batarang flew into his face and exploded, causing him to drop Robin.

Y/N used the opportunity to roll away as Batman landed beside him.

(A/N: compañero = sidekick)

"You okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine." Robin said, annoyed he'd allowed such a giant man to sneak up on him.

"Batman." The Luchador said, staring at the Dark Knight.

"What are you looking for Bane?" Batman asked, staring back.

Bane remained silent before smacking a button on the back of his hand, the tubes around his body began flowing with an acid green liquid and the already ginormous man grew larger.

Once he had grown a full foot, now standing at over 8 feet tall, Bane let out a great roar, causing Y/N to cover his ears.

As Y/N opened his eyes, Bane's mercenaries had joined the giant in this wide area of the dockyard.

"Deal with the compañero! The Bat is mine!" Bane ordered as Batman charged through the crowd and engaged Bane.

Batman must've dealt serious damage to their numbers as they only stood at 6 mercenaries now. They all began to walk towards the 2nd Robin as he readied himself.

Y/N immediately launched towards one of the mercenaries, tackling him into a second, as they tumbled to the floor Y/N launched two birdarangs at two of the other mercs. Jumping towards the last two he sweeped the leg of one and punched the last in the gut.

As the merc recoiled from the punch, Robin jumped and placed his hands on the back of his head, driving his knee into his face.

The merc fell unconscious as the others recovered, one swung and Robin caught the arm, with a swift movement a sickening crunch was heard and the merc screamed, his arm now pointing the wrong way.

As Robin kicked him away, a pair of arms wrapped around his chest and he was trapped in a bear hug from behind. Capitalising on this, another mercenary began punching into Robin's chest.

Y/N swung his head backwards, colliding with the bear-hugging mercs nose, this caused the arms to loosen and Y/N seized the chance, freeing his arm, he caught the incoming punch of the merc in front of him and retaliated, slamming his fist into his face.

Robin kicked away from the bear hug and grabbed the just-punched merc's collar, slamming his fist into his face twice more. He let go and ducked down, avoiding the swing of the merc behind him, before darting his leg up and bringing it down into the mercenary's shoulder.

Only two left.

Robin's hand dove into his belt and he threw a special birdarang that electrocuted one of the two mercenaries before grappling onto the last one, pulling him forwards.

As the merc was pulled towards him, Robin sweeped the mercenary's leg and punched his face downwards, through the wooden floor of the dock.

Y/N breathed heavily, looking at the various unconscious bodies surrounding him. But he had no time to lose, he had to help Batman against Bane.

Robin grappled onto a shipping container crane and launched into the air, gliding over the Dockyard.

He spotted Bane lifting Batman up and dove towards them.

Bane drew his arm back.

"I hope in death you find the peace you could not in-" Bane was cut-off as Y/N landed on his back.

The luchador grunted and dropped Batman as his arms dove over his head and latched onto Robin's cape, Bane pulled him over his head and dangled Y/N in front of him.

Once again, Bane drew back his arm before an acid green liquid splashed onto his arm.

"What?" Bane said, as he began to shrink down.

Y/N noticed the flailing tube that was connected to the pack on his back, Batman had cut the tube.

Robin kicked away from the weakening Bane's grasp as Batman descended on the luchador from above, punching his face into the wooden floor of the Dockyard.

Robin watched as the luchador fell still and Batman tied his hands as sirens grew closer, blaring in the distance.

Robin stood beside Batman as the Gotham's Police Force rolled up, many cops jumped out of their cars, rounding up the various unconscious mercenaries. Many gave Batman a respectful greeting as they ran by.

Robin watched Commissioner Gordon climb out of his car and walk over to the sleeping form of Bane that laid beside the two vigilantes.

Gordon looked down at the young Robin.

"Hell of a first night, huh kid?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 86 20
(Currently working on finishing this story in the very near future) Redhood, Jason Todd, has been missing for a period of 6 months. Barbra Gordon re...
500K 17.1K 42
"Hazel." "What?" "My name." I swallowed hesitantly, afraid to shatter the silence between us anymore than I already had, "It's Hazel." The silence of...
23.4K 583 14
After the death of your boyfriend, Jason Todd, you wonder if he's still out there, somewhere. After being killed by the joker and being revived in...
392K 6.2K 59
This story is complete, it will no longer be updated and I am no longer taking requests. :)