𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡...

By haleyboook

druig x oc ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── "I'll love you until the day the sky comes falling down on us." "Only... More

prologue
beginnings
averted gazes
party
sky fall
repercussions
natural born leader
mission
quit it
cosmic coldness
phastos
history
jealousy
confiding in friends
confrontation
dreams
grovel
slip ups
engagement
sersi x ikaris wedding
suppressed emotions
expose secrets
home
final battle
new community
drunken adventures
rings
small details
future
yellow
family
unknown identity
my wife
remember me
memorials
makkari returns
liability
the night she left
finding serendipity
ignorance is bliss
compromise
ikaris' betrayal
more than a betrayal
Q & A
emergence
killing tiamut
ajak's betrayal
life restored
storybook wedding
saying goodbyes
epilogue

departure

13.3K 474 602
By haleyboook

╔═.✵.══════════╗
"Wherever I go, you
bring me home.."
╚══════════.✵.═╝

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

Ikaris looks in confusion at everyone staring at unconscious Gaia and Thena. He says "What the hell happened?"

Sersi quickly hugs Ikaris and says "Thena and Gaia attacked us. I thought I was going to die." Ikaris looks to the blood on Sersi's outfit and says "You're bleeding Sersi!" Ajak says "I already healed her."

Druig grits his teeth and says "Context is needed Sersi. Gaia had no intention of harming any of you. She would never want to harm you."

Phastos scoffs slightly and says "Yet she did wound many."

Ajak says "Enough. Let's get back to the temple and speak there."

Druig sighs and lifts Gaia up. Makkari walks beside him as they share a worried look. Kingo says "We could've used your help here Ikaris. Gaia nearly killed us all-"

Druig glares at him and Kingo's voice drops to a whisper. Ajak looks to unconscious Thena and then over at Gaia with disappointment in her gaze. She expected more of Gaia.

Honesty from her.

Half way through the walk to the temple I wake up. I rest my hand on Druig's cheek and he looks down to me.

I look around and he says quietly "Gaia..they know."

My face drops and he nods. I shake my head and say "No..No.. Druig─" He sighs and says "It's alright, love. I'll handle it."

I hide my face within his chest and he says "It'll be alright."

Everything will not be alright.

Makkari pats my knee and I look to her. I don't like the looks in their expressions. Druig is never one to visually show his emotions but I can see the worried expression through his features and it only terrifies me more.

We arrive to the temple and I look to Druig and nod for him to set me down. He pushes the hair out of my face and I watch as everyone looks to Thena who is still unconscious

Everyone's walking on eggshells around me. I must've really hurt them. Sprite is staying close to Ajak and Kingo...across the room. Away from me.

Shit. They're afraid of me.

Sersi breaks the silence and says "I thought mad wy'ry was a old folk myth."

Kingo says "Doesn't seem like such a myth anymore."

The team looks down at Thena who lays across a table unconscious.

Phastos clears his throat and says "There's no cure known to man. It was a rumored myth. So no one really talks about it."

Ajak says "I can't believe you lied to me Gaia. How long have you known of your sickness?" I stare at the ground angrily. Not wanting to respond.

Ajak says "And I assume you two knew also?" She motions to Druig and Makkari. Makkari looks to Druig and he says unphased "So what if I knew of my girlfriends mad wr'ry?"

Ajak says "We don't keep secrets in this team or family."

Druig scoffs and says "Bullshit."

Ajak says "How long?"

Makkari signs "After Ikaris and Sersi's wedding I found out. She told me."

Ajak shakes her head angrily saying "I should have been the first to have known. Arishem could have fixed the mistake and Gaia could be recovering nicely by now." Druig scoffs and says "Gaia is fine, Arishem needs to know nothing of Gaia's mad wr'ry─"

Thena sits up abruptly and looks around extremely confused. I look up to Thena sympathetically and she looks to me and says "Stay back."

My face drops and I step away from everyone. Makkari places a hand on my back and Druig swallows hard and says "Gaia is no threat. I have said this already."

Thena groans and nods "What happened?"

Ajak says "Thena, you attacked everyone. Wounded Sersi, Phastos, you nearly killed Makkari. I don't even want to get into the damage Gaia caused. It's very prevalent that Gaia has had decades of practice fighting during a slip."

I look to the ground as everyone turns towards me. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I don't want the looks and the anger of the team.

Thena says "I don't remember."

Ajak looks to the both of us and says "You both have mad wy'ry your minds are fracturing under the weight of your memories. But Gaia already knew of this."

She shakes her head and says "And all I can do to help is erase your mind, so you can start over. I will give you both a clean slate. I will inform Arishem and then take you back to the ship where the technology will help."

Makkari signs "No. You can't erase Gaia and Thena."

Kingo nods and says and signs "They won't be Gaia and Thena. They won't be the women we know and love."

Sersi says "But what if it happens again? They could kill us all if they both slip at the same time again."

I stare at my shaking hands as I fiddle with them. Thena chimes in worriedly on the verge of tears "Please. Please, I want to remember, I want to remember my life."

Ajak sighs and looks to Thena, "Thena, I love you dearly. But listen to me, it's not important if you remember or not. Your spirit will remain, you both will always be Thena and Gaia deep inside, trust me."

Druig shakes his head and says calmly reserved "Why should they trust you? Why should my Gaia trust you?"

Kingo mutters "...a bit possessive right?" Sprite punches Kingo's arm and he shuts up.

Druig says defensively "You're asking them to let you erase who she is. Gaia and Thena will be a hollow shell of themselves. I promised Gaia I wouldn't let this happen. This is exactly why she couldn't trust you with this information earlier."

"Druig, I know you're upset but Gaia and Thena–"

Druig scoffs and shouts "Upset!? We've all trusted you for 7000 years and look where that got us. You won't have my trust with something so important like Gaia. I can't award you it. Gaia and I have watched humans destroy each other, when I could stop it all in a heartbeat. I could put Gaia at ease and not upset her with the deaths of the humans you forced her into loving so easily. Only a thought could put the woman I.. love at ease."

My breath hitches and I look to him. I love him dearly.

My fear bubbles and I finally chime in "I won't let you take away what makes me, me."

Ikaris says "That's so incredibly selfish. You could have killed Sersi."

Sprite makes a snarl face and I shift on my heels.

You're a fucking hypocrite Ikaris.

I swallow hard and Druig steps in to interrupt but I say "I have devoted my life to humans and this team for 7,000 years. I deserve to keep my memories and the love I have for each of you."

Ikaris scoffs and crosses his arms. Pissed off at me. Gilgamesh chimes in "I'll look after Thena." Ajak nods and says "Are you sure you can handle that?" Gil nods and Druig says "Gaia will stay with me." Ajak says "That isn't a good decision. Gaia is too powerful. I do not believe you can handle her on your own."

Makkari signs "I'm staying with Gaia too." Ikaris shakes his head and Druig's anger bubbles up.

Druig glanced at me before speaking to Ajak again "Do you know what standing back and watching helpless humans die does to someone over the centuries? Could our mission have been a mistake? Are we really helping these people build a better world, huh? We're just like the soldiers down there!"

He shakes his head frustratedly and continues "Pawns to their leaders, blinded by loyalty. It ends now. I've had enough."

His eyes began to glow, beginning to take control of the soldiers below the temple before Ikaris stormed over.

My hand extends to stop Ikaris as I pull at his shoulder. He glares at me and says "You shouldn't even have a voice in this conversation right now Gaia."

He grabbed Druig roughly by the shoulder and shoved him against the wall. "Let them go. Now, Druig." My breath hitches and I want to punch Ikaris in the face so badly right now.

"You're gonna have to make me." Druig replied snarkily as Ikaris pushes him further into the post. I grip Ikaris' shoulder pulling him away from Druig. "Let go of him Ikaris."

Ikaris shrugs my hand off of him and nearly goes nose to nose with Druig. Ikaris is seething.

Druig pulls his chin up and says "If you want to stop me, you're gonna have to kill me." My throat tightens and I step towards Druig, now standing to the left of Ikaris. Druig removes his eye sight from Ikaris and over to me.

His gaze softens and my hand reaches out for him as my other hand holds tightly to Makkari. He sighs heavily and I nod to him. I clear my throat and say "All the deviants are defeated. I think it may be time to go our own way. There's no reason to stay together any longer. Druig and Makkari will stay with me. To make sure I don't slip."

Druig pushes Ikaris away and I look to Makkari. Our silent glances to eachother being understood. She was on board.

She knows that if I stay, I'm not going to stay for Ajak to erase me. Druig turned around looking to us and then walking down the stairs of him temple while his eyes began to glow. Makkari and I follow behind following him.

Druig and Makkari and I look to the burning down of the city and he takes control.

Ikaris calls out to us and says "Druig! Make sure you keep your girlfriend on a leash this time."

Druig's anger flares and he turns around quickly. I push Druig forward and say "Leave it. Leave it Druig."

"He just-"

"Please.. he's a jerk. He knows nothing about us."

"Fine."

"But I love you for wanting to protect me and defend my honor." I rub his cheek and he presses a kiss to my palm.

And then the three of us walked away.

I look to Druig as we walk towards the civilians "Druig.."

He looks back towards me and says "Yes Gaia?"

"We're leaving for good aren't we?" I sign and say.

He nods and signs "Yes."

Makkari looks between the two of us and signs "I'm not becoming the third wheel. Druig is the third wheel."

Druig rolls his eyes and says "Fine. Fine. But I won't be stopping controlling the humans."

Makkari sprints away saving some of the citizens.

Ikaris shakes his head and goes to find Druig. Ajak stops him and says "Let them go." The remaining of the team looks to eachother and Sprite says "Did..they just leave?"

Kingo shakes his head and says "They'll be back Sprite. I'm sure."

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

a/n: So, Gaia is leaving with Druig AND Makkari. Not exactly shocking, but glad she is. Still loads of story to be told. I think you'll all be interested in the way I'm going to take the story soon. Not on holiday break yet so 15 assignments will need to be completed by friday so I'm not sure how consistent my chapters will be. Gah, I know I say that all the time. I'm so annoying. Ajak and Sprite will make another encounter with Gaia before 2023. That's guaranteed.

Q&A: What's your favorite color

I like blue lol

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

Anyway, here's the new covers to my new Makkari and Ikaris fic's that will be coming soon! Makkari fic has the prologue published on my page

^ikaris fic

^makkari fic

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.7K 3.5K 28
"What's the point in being seen as gods if we can't save those who need us?" "That's the thing. We aren't gods. Not really". Druig x Male OC Marvel E...
36.6K 922 25
ETERNALS- what happens when two eternals with completely different personalities grow fond of each other. and what happens when a huge promise is bro...
75.2K 2.4K 16
Iɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟʟᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟᴏᴏғ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀғᴜʟ Dʀᴜɪɢ, Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴇɴᴛʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴxɪᴏᴜs ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴍᴀɴɪᴘᴜʟᴀᴛᴏʀ, Gᴀʟᴇ, ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʀᴇᴇʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴜɴᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ...
350K 10.9K 25
FEMALE READER ↦︎ Druig and Y/n, two Eternals formerly oblivious to each other's feelings, even though everyone else knew, are reunited with their tea...