The Demon King's Beloved Daug...

By arandomsecret

Freya Antinea Laphinia woke up from an assassination attempt with memories of her previous life. She reincarn... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
~Christmas Special~
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60

13

15.1K 781 64
By arandomsecret

"Are you not afraid of me?" Jane asked with her brow raised as they headed to the tea room for a 'talk'. "I know your weakness, although your powers are very strong, you can't heal yourself can you?"

Freya was very relaxed, her eyes were half-lidded, having little interest in conversing with Jane. She didn't seem like her life was going to be ended by an assassin, instead, she gave off the ambiance of someone going for a stroll in the park.

"So what? What is there to be afraid of-" Freya couldn't finish her sentence as she tripped on an unconscious guard, falling face first.

The fall looked so painful that Jane looked away subconsciously.

Freya, "..."

Jane, " ...hey, you...are you dead?"

Freya wailed loudly, "...Who are you? Where's my daddy?! Uwaaaaa!"

Jane's eyes widened, did knocking her head make her crazy? She looked at the blood trickling down Freya's forehead and knitted her brows.

On second thought, this was how a five-year-old should act after getting hurt but how hard did she hit her head to get amnesia. Since she can't remember anything...

She approached Freya who was still on the ground.

"I'm your father's friend." Jane smiled kindly.

"Daddy's friend?" Freya tilted her head innocently while Jane nodded. She beamed, "Then you're a friend of Freya too, can you help me up?"

Jane was like a cat who was toying with its prey, she squatted down in front of Freya and held out a hand. She was extremely delighted, with this killing her would be no problem.

However, Jane's smile disappeared the moment Freya smirked.

Freya's gun pressed onto her forehead while the other held tightly onto her hand. Before she could react, Freya pressed the trigger. It all happened within a few milliseconds.

Jane broadened the distance between the two of them, but the bullet still penetrated her forehead due to the delay of shaking off Freya's hand.

Freya also prepared walls made from her crystal butterflies to prevent Jane from dodging the bullet. The best sniper of the century will never miss her target.

"Was it fun~?" That was the last thing Jane heard before her head blasted into shreds.

Of course, a gun can't kill an angel but it was enough to injure Jane into unconsciousness. Freya sighed and stood up, she took the magic restrainers from the unconscious guard and used the cuffs on Jane.

It was a relief that Jane wasn't as strong as she thought and that everything went according to plan. Her tripping was hitting two birds with one stone, she could act like she had memory loss and take the gun on the soldier stealthy at the same time.

Freya looked at her trembling hands, it seemed like the recoil was a bit too much for her five-year-old body. She chuckled faintly, "It seems like I've gotten rusty...thank goodness the guards used guns though." Or else she would've died.

Freya looked at the unconscious Jane and something flashed in her eyes, the angel's regeneration speed was amazing. It should have been slowed by the magic restrainer but despite that, it's quite fast.

"...should I try taking her mana or should I just kill her?" Freya pondered.

She read from a book...there was a way to take the mana of others. Angels usually have a very high amount of pure mana while demons have demonic mana. As a hybrid, she could use both.

If she took Jane's, she won't have to worry about the amount of time she could summon her butterflies. Although her demonic mana still needs some training, increasing her pure mana shouldn't be a problem.

Freya yanked Jane's chin upwards, seeing the miserable appearance of the angel, her eyes curved. She broke a vase and used the glass to cut her own wrist.

Freya then forcefully opened Jane's mouth and let the blood drip inside. After that, Jane woke up instantly. Freya mumbled, "I forgot that my blood has healing properties...oh well."

"You what are you-"

"Stop struggling. I have winter venom in my blood." Freya wiped her hands with a handkerchief as if she had just touched filth. "Wasn't it you who gave it to me? I'm just returning it to you."

"...you...urg...Ahhhhh!" Jane shrieked when she saw her arms drying up.

The moisture left her body as she screamed. Jane looked up and met with Freya's cold eyes, that five-year-old was smiling sweetly! Her whole body shuddered in fear. Tears flowed out of her eyes as she choked over and over again.

"If you didn't come looking for me, you would've kept your life. Too bad for you." Freya squatted down and looked at the woman whose skin became like beef jerky with emotionless eyes. The wrinkles made it extremely unpleasant and disgusting.

Jane stopped struggling as her eyes dimmed. Strands of her red hair had fallen off her head, her previously white skin had turned into a reddish-brown color.

Freya watched this scene unfold with obvious boredom in her eyes. Her eyes finally lit up when she saw a ball of blue light exiting Jane's body. Pure mana! The extraction was successful! 

She didn't hesitate and absorbed it immediately. Freya smiled, this was the feeling of power although it tasted a little unpleasant. She blinked and predicted the time, ten minutes should have passed, why wasn't her father here-

"Freya, she's over there!" The twins' voices rang in her ears. The twins had tears in their eyes as they ran over.

"Freya!" Arche rushed over and hugged her, "Are you alright? Your forehead..."

Freya nodded, "I fell, but other than that, I'm fine."

She looked at her dad's expression, he looked so pale. The arms that were holding her trembled so badly that Freya thought there was an earthquake.

"You must've been scared...I'm sorry. Daddy's sorry." Arche's voice was hoarse as he tightened his hold on his daughter. His heartbeat gradually calmed down as he felt Freya's warmth.

"I wasn't. Don't apologize." Freya smiled faintly and nuzzled her head against Arche's cheek.

"Our Freya is so brave, of course you weren't scared. But I'm scared." Arche's voice trembled, "Every time I let you out from my sight, you would be in grave danger. I'm afraid that you'd disappear one day."

"...Don't cry, daddy. Freya will always be here." She beamed as she wiped away Arche's tears. She looked at the crowd behind Arche, they didn't look any better than her dad.

Especially Caiden, his ears were folded and his hands were shivering. Freya pulled away from her father and approached Oscar, she bowed, "I'm very sorry. Your family almost lost their lives because of me. I was the target but I dragged the twins and auntie into this."

No one expected her to do that, Oscar was so surprised, he was unable to speak. What did the assassination have to do with her? This girl almost lost her life but instead, she was apologizing? Wasn't he the one who should thank her for saving his family?

"No...wait, this...Freya, get up. You don't have to apologize." Oscar waved his hands with a dumbfounded expression.

"It was my responsibility to look after you kids but I was incompetent. There's no need for you to apologize." Sophia added quickly.

Freya lifted and nodded her head. Before she could walk back to Arche, she was picked up by Caiden. He put his ear against her chest, listening to her heartbeat. His tense body finally relaxed a little.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." Freya kneaded his ears. She knew she was important to Caiden, although she didn't know why.

The rest of the crowd looked away, knowing she had touched his ear was one thing, seeing it was another matter. Caiden himself was startled by the sudden action as his ears twitched uncontrollably. Freya found it amusing and continued playing with them.

"Yaya, the angel...where is she?" Luca asked the question in everyone's heart.

"Over there." Freya pointed to the wrinkled corpse casually and blinked innocently, "I killed her, don't worry."

Everyone went silent, how did Freya kill the angel for her to die in such a miserable way? In the first place, how did she kill the angel on her own? They looked at Freya's harmless appearance and looked at the dried-up angel.

"Winter venom." She smiled.

...no matter how you look at it, this wasn't only because of winter venom!

She sighed and pointed to the gun, "I used that to injure her. Then fed her my blood. The reason she's in that state is because I gathered and absorbed her mana before she died."

"...Freya, where did you learn all that from?" Andrew's eyes twitched as he forced a smile.

"Book." She replied immediately and changed the topic, "Did anyone get hurt? Was it successful?"

Arche nodded as Caiden handed Freya to him, "It ended well. No one got hurt."

Freya nodded, "That's good- urk!"

Blood spilled from her mouth, startling everyone but herself. Oh dear, it seems like moving around too much triggered the winter venom running in her veins. It's back to eating congee for a month.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 52 16
Formerly, "I Took In A Weakened Goddess, And Now I've Been Reincarnated In A New World" --- At that moment, I couldn't get myself to pull the trigger...
2.2M 84.5K 200
Sia Wright and her family gets murdered by the people whom she never thought would go that far to kill her and her family. But before her death she...
67.5K 2K 32
Leia was a girl who lost it all, her life, her friends, her family, all she had left was her world. Well her paper, when she lot her ability to move...
137K 4.2K 17
Now that I think about it the name Lydia reminds me of something. Maybe from a movie or a book I have read before. I think my full name is Angeline L...