An Eternal Oath: The Rose's A...

By byJianLucas

"Your intent efforts make me curious. So, for once, I'll trust your intentions." - Hwang Hyunjin. Started: No... More

The Protagonists
Chapter 0: Prologue
Chapter 1: First Impression
Chapter 3: Under Consideration
Chapter 4: Meeting An Artist
Chapter 5: Honest Connection
Chapter 6: A Night For Us
Chapter 7: For Better Days
Chapter 8: Bully On The Run
Chapter 09: The Heart Can't Lie
Chapter 10: Already Reserved
Chapter 11: Against The Odds

Chapter 2: Boy Next Door

59 4 1
By byJianLucas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seoul, South Korea.

-Felix's POV-

The more I stared at Hyunjin, the bigger my necessity to talk to him grew. However, Audrey continued to look at me, confused and somewhat concerned. So, I took a deep breath before intently gazing at my friend.

-Audrey, Hwang Hyunjin might be popular, but I believe he will greet us kindly. – I mentioned as I started to walk in Hyunjin's direction. But immediately, Audrey took my arm and looked at me, stunned.

-Are you crazy? No! Let's go with Minho and the others; they may be waiting for us outside. – Audrey reminded me, but I shook my head at her words.

-Why are you so distressed about this, Audrey? I only want to introduce myself. – I pointed out, confused.

-Felix, I'm trying to protect you from yourself. – Audrey spoke before dragging me out to the backyard.

-Audrey! – I complained while staring behind me from time to time, shortly losing sight of Hyunjin.

I tried to get away from Audrey's grasp, but she didn't comply and continued to drag me outside. And after a minute, we walked out to the backyard, soon finding Minho with Changbin and Han. Shortly, Audrey let me go, and with discomfort showing on my face, we greeted our friends.

-Hey! Why the long face? – Minho asked while looking at me.

-It's nothing; the assembly was somewhat dull. – Audrey spoke, not wanting to mention what happened with Hyunjin.

-The introductory assembly is always that way, but the rest of your day won't be so dull. – Changbin assured us.

-Do we always have class in the same room? – I suddenly asked.

-Most of the time. The classrooms' division is different for every building, but in your case, your career has two classrooms; one upstairs and the other one on the first floor. Your neighbors are the painters, visual arts. – Minho explained without missing any detail.

Hyunjin is studying visual arts, then.

I nodded after thinking about Minho's words for some seconds, but then Han's dramatic gasp caused my thoughts to vanish.

-Geez! You almost killed me! – Changbin said while touching his chest with his hands, just as scared as everyone was after hearing Han's sudden gasp.

-Sorry! I remembered something important! – Han mentioned while looking at everyone with a smile. -Songsu is part of the visual arts career, and he's throwing a party at his house to welcome new students. You should go with us! – Han invited Audrey and me, making us glance at each other.

-Songsu? – I asked, confused.

-Oh! Yong Songsu is a kind guy from the art department. – Changbin mentioned.

-Exactly! And Han is right, you should come with us to the party. – Minho said before Audrey nodded.

-I will go! – Audrey smiled.

-I guess I'll go too. – I agreed, making my friends beam with excitement.

-The party is this weekend, and you'd better introduce yourselves to Songsu before the event if you want to cause a good impression. – Minho winked at Audrey, making her blush and chuckle.

-What is it? – I asked, confused.

-Felix, he's the guy I found attractive since we arrived. – Audrey pointed out, making my jaw drop.

-And why didn't you tell me?! – I asked, confused.

-I told you! But you weren't paying attention! – Audrey complained before I looked at my friends and nodded at Audrey's words.

-She did, but you were daydreaming. – Han mentioned.

-Yup! – Changbin nodded.

-Alright, alright, it was my fault. – I gave up before taking a deep breath, causing my friends to chuckle at my reaction.

*After school hours*

-Hyunjin's POV-

Today's lessons ended pretty well, and even though I almost drowned under too much social anxiety, I pulled through. Right now, everyone exited the classroom in a hurry, just like I did. After today's lecture, a new project got assigned, and I immediately began sketching during painting class. Therefore, I want to continue with it and have time myself before visiting my father's house.

Currently, I'm sitting down while having my apron on and a brush in hand. I'm delicately following my sketch while adding color to each stripe. The music is on as I'm relaxing after a heavy first day at the institute. This escape was what I needed after the hectic ambiance I got exposed to as soon as I arrived.

-I knew you would be here. – I heard my step-brother say, causing me to release a short sigh. Then, I sensed him sitting beside me with a stool he grabbed.

-Yes, I want to finish a project. – I pointed out without saying anything else.

-Hyunjin, this is the first day; relax, brother. – Minho subtly smiled before leaving some brushes on the table beside the easel. -I bought them two days ago, and I wanted to give them to you for the new school year. – Minho kindly said, causing me to grin at him.

-Thank you. – I said before placing my brush down, and then I looked at Minho.

-Do you want to go home with me? – Minho asked.

-No, you leave first; I want to stay a bit longer. – I told Minho, who nodded in response.

-Hyunjin, I missed you today, and I'm sorry I didn't search for you during school. – Minho spoke, concerned, before holding my shoulder.

-It's alright. I also left you alone since you were with some new students. – I mentioned before looking away from my brother.

-Get used to it because they are my friends. And they are good people; I like them a lot. – Minho spoke, causing my eyes to grow after hearing his words.

I looked at my brother, concerned. But he gently stroked the back of my head and smiled at me. -You should get to know them, especially Felix. He's a kind-hearted guy, very open-minded and optimistic. His best friend, Audrey, is also like him. But honestly, I think you may like Felix the most. – Minho smiled at me before standing up and taking his backpack.

-Why do you want me to meet them? – I asked, not agreeing with my brother's suggestion.

-As I told you before, I think they are good people. – Minho repeated before cluttering my hair. -Enjoy the brushes, and I'll see you at home when you decide to go. – Minho told me before walking away from me, but then I turned around to look at him.

-Who did you say I would like the best? – I asked, still having Minho's words on the back of my head.

-Lee Felix. He's from Australia and could empathize with you the most. He's in the classroom next to yours. – Minho explained as he looked at me, stopping his way to leave.

-Why I might like him? – I questioned, slightly anxious.

-Felix and I had known each other for almost a year, and I believe he's a great person. He's very kind, and his personality is warm and like if someone gave you a big hug. And as far as I'm aware, Felix keeps his sorrow sealed away from our eyes. I only know since he opened up after he arrived in Seoul. – Minho explained before taking a deep breath, briefly smiling at me. -Think about it and make up your mind. – Minho spoke while turning away and walking out of the classroom.

Lee Felix?

I tried to remember the person Minho was referring to; after all, I noticed new students around the school.

-Is he talking about him? – I questioned while picturing the guy beside a red-haired girl; he's blonde and has freckles, big eyes, and a gentle look on his face.

While thinking about this new guy, I continued to focus on my painting. And gently, I stroked the rose's petals as flashes from Felix began to come into my head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 13.7K 23
where lee felix still doesn't know much about korean and ends up calling his roommate bang chan, oppa, worse, he lets him. just a short story highest...
382K 12.5K 59
[COMPLETED] In which Felix is depressed because of his childhood trauma. He thought his life wasn't worth to save. But then the cold popular guy not...
889K 33.9K 44
oh my god they were roommates ⚠️TW//⚠️ homophobia self harm suicidal thoughts possible eating disorder bxb smut bullying child abuse s/a if an...
21.9K 1K 58
everyone likes him but he loves her everyone wants him but he needs her she didn't choose either of them but her heart did *** started: 04/03/2023 ...