Defenders of Cray

Door Jemiluc

More cunning that Void; more destructive that Brant. The new threat wrecking havoc to the Planet Cray is not... Meer

Chapter 1: Prologue
Chapter 2: A New Beginning
Chapter 3: The Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 4: Disappearance
Chapter 5: The Missing Mate
Chapter 6: Miwa's Reaction
Chapter 7: With a Little Help from My Friends
Chapter 8: Seeking Answers
Chapter 9: Connected Fate
Chapter 10: Way to Cray
Chapter 11: Going in the Tatsunagi Building
Chapter 12: In Search of the Portal
Chapter 13: Entering the Portal
Chapter 14: Hidden Vanguard
Chapter 15: Unavoidable Trial
Chapter 16: Gates of Purity
Chaptet 17: Frienemies
Chapter 18: The Trial of Trust
Chapter 19: Overcoming Darkness part 1
Chapter 20: Overcoming Darkness part 2
Chapter 21: Towards Cray
Chapter 22: Yami (and a quick note)
Chapter 23: Reunited Vanguards
Chapter 24: Power of the Vanguards
Chapter 25: Secret Ally
Chapter 26: Summoning the Avatars
Bonus Chapter: Christmas Special
Chapter 27: Blaster Blade
Chapter 28: The Avatar of Two
Chapter 29: Life Without Them
Chapter 30: Traumatized by the Past part 1
Chapter 31: Traumatized by the Past part 2
Chapter 32: Meeting the Enemy
Chapter 33: Separation
Author's Note~♡
Chapter 34: Bumpy Relationship
Chapter 35: Amidst the Flames
Chapter 36: A New Threat
Chapter 37: Second Chosen Vanguard
Chapter 39: Nature's Light
Chapter 40: Vanguard of the Wind and Waves
Chapter 41: Game of Bonds
Chapter 42: Vanguards of the Royals Part 1
Chapter 43: Vanguard of the Royals Part 2
Chapter 44: Representatives for the Vanguards
Chapter 45: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 46: Regret of the Fallen
Chapter 47: Through the Power of PSY Qualia
Chapter 48: Broken Vanguard
Chapter 49.1: Undeniable Truth
Chapter 49.2: Path to Take
Chapter 50: Losing Hope
Epilogue: The Choice of Fate

Chapter 38: Yami's Captives

460 13 12
Door Jemiluc

While the rest of the Vanguards take on their final tests, Yami takes Misaki to his hidden prison where she were to stay until all Vanguards are captured. While in the prison... Misaki encounters someone she had least expected to see.
-----------------------------------------

Misaki's POV

I woke up with a dizzy feeling. My vision is blurry so I couldn't see where the figure carrying me was headed. Wherever the man was taking me, it cannot be good. Again, I fell unconscious but not before hearing the man talking to himself. 'Everything is going according to plan. Those Vanguards and their avatars won't know what hit them...'

When I opened my eyes for the second time, I couldn't feel anyone carrying me anymore. Rather, there was a familiar figure in front of me.

"Your awake! Thank goodness your alright." My vision cleared revealing the owner of the voice to be none other than Takuto Tatsunagi. "What happened? Where are we?" I questioned.

"We are at the dungeons somewhere in Cray." Takuto replied. "Yami had brought you here earlier."

"Oh, I see." I sighed.

"Care to tell me how you were captured? But if you want to keep it a secret then that's alright with me." Said Takuto. "No, it's okay. I'll tell." I said then he signaled me to continue.

Takuto's POV

From what Misaki Tokura has told me, Yami wouldn't rest until he's taken all Vanguards. I thought he was only after Aichi Sendou and Toshiki Kai but I thought wrong. "I guess Yami isn't finished with his little plan." I told my conclusion. "What do you mean?" She asked. "If Yami decided to take you captive, then he plans to take all Vanguards here." I said. "We have to warn the others before he does."

"And how do we do that? I don't he would allow anyone to visit and I really think that he won't leave this place unguarded."

"We have to try." I said and we both sighed.

After a few hours of thinking, we heard footsteps. It seemed to grow louder and louder by the minute until a familiar force was finally reavealed. Yami.

"How's your stay so far?" Yami asked with an evil grin.

"What do you think?" Misaki asked sarcastically.

"Don't start with me girl! Remember, your still my prisoners." He growled.

"Your not getting away with this!" I exclaimed.

"Unfortunately my boy, I already have. Those units will never find you before I capture the rest of your friends. They will get what's rightfully theirs before they even know what hit them!" With that, Yami vanished. Possibly taking action.

"What will we do now?" I asked. "If we don't escape soon, Yami will eventually have all Vanguards and Cray's chances of freedom will dissappear."

"Not to worry. I've got a plan." Misaki said while showing a key.

"How did y-"

"I got it while he was distracted. Now come on, we have to warn the others!" She then unlocked the prison door. "Lets go!"

Normal POV

During this time, Yami tried to capture a few the Vanguards. However, each attempt ended in failure. The units and their Vanguards fought hard to stop him... and his chances to rule over Cray were slowly fading. This caused Yami to move to plan B: taking advantage of their unbreakable bond.

Meanwhile, Misaki and Takuto successfully escaped from their captor with the thoughts of warning their friends. Little did they know, this was all part of Yami's plan.

Misaki's POV

"Where do we go now?" I asked my silver haired friend.

"It's best to start on your own clan. They must be the first ones to know of your safety." Takuto suggested.

"Why not"

-----------------------------------------

The moment we entered the Genesis clan, the units started at us in awe. All of them were happy to see us.

Takuto instructed one of the units to bring the news of their safety to the Royal Paladin clan, where the Vanguards would meet after the week. As for me, I started training with my avatar almost immediately to make up for the days we haven't trained.

Being Omniscience Regalia, Minerva's Vanguard, my first task was to master the bow and arrow. This usually takes years to master so my avatar suggested making this our warm up every morning and our final training every night.

"Just concentrate on the target and make sure your arrow is always ready." Minerva said on the third day of our training. So far, my avatar and I have been building our bonds with ease. Today, I've learned to handle the bow and arrow without shaking. "Sure" I said while trying to focus on the small circle in front of me. Once set, I started the routine, in hopes of finally aiming the target. Pulling the bowstring back, then release...

I waited for the moment of failure, but it never came. The arrow has successfully hit it's target for the first time.

"I-i... I did it?" I was dumbfounded. Did I really do it?

"Congratulations my Vanguard. You have passed the first step to mastering the art of archery." Minerva said happily. I finally snapped out of my temporary shock. "I know that success would want you to continue this all night but it would be difficult to focus when your exhausted. I suggest we call it a day." Minerva said with a strict but kind tone. It's true that I want to stay here and practice archery all night but that would mean I couldn't concentrate on our final training tomorrow. "Alright"

Minerva's POV

After that training, I went for a little walk. Ever since this week, I felt like I've been doing wrong things in my sleep. I've tried my best to shrug it off but my mind doesn't want to. When I reached the gardens, it's peaceful scenery made me want to fall asleep. No! Dont fall asleep! I said to myself, repeating it over and over again. Suddenly, I felt dizzy. Pain struck my very being. I tried to calm myself once more but the world seemed to be spinning and everything went black.

----------------------------------------

Misaki's POV

"Where am I?" I thought to myself as I entered a dark room. The place felt so familiar... like I've been here before. Not knowing what to do, I walked straight in the darkness. After awhile, I saw a dim light, signaling an exit. But when I got to the light, what I saw made me regret my decision.

There, in an open field laid my friends and their avatars. An evil force coming towards them while tormenting them for their weakness. I wanted to help, but I can't move. As if he wanted more, the force took Kai and knocked him out with a blast. Kai letting out a scream and a few drops of blood. I couldn't take it anymore. I fought against whatever paralyzed me and ran over to Kai in hopes of aiding him. But that proved to be my biggest mistake. "M-misaki... B-but... but... h-how?" Kai said in between breaths. He tried to get up but I pushed him back down. "Don't force yourself Kai!" I said with a worried tone. "... do I have a choice?" He asked with a hint of sarcasm. "No, no you do not." I told. "As long as I'm here, your not going an-"

"MISAKI! LOOK OUT!!"

Then Kai collapsed in my arms.His blood spreading everywhere. I couldn't process what happened. It all happend so fast. Just as I thought that things were going fine, Kai suddenly covered me from an unexpected attack. The shot was aimed at me but Kai took it.

I couldn't do anything but watch him die right in front of me. The feeling that I've been keeping all these years have exploded. The feeling I never knew I had.

Ever since my parents died, I lived in a world of depression. This continued for a who knows how long. I never imagined seeing myself smile again. One day, while working in the counter at the card shop, HE showed up. A cheerful kid with brown hair and jade eyes, who was possibly my age, came in with a wide grin, excitement evident in him. He went straight to one of the fight tables along with a blond kid for a little game, the brunette winning every single one. The blonde finally gave up and came to the counter for some boosters. The first kid followed suit. While the other kid opened his booster, the brunette started to talk to me.

(Flashback)

"Hi! Are you new here?" The kid asked. "I should be the one asking!" I said with a harsh tone.

"That's not the way to treat your costumers now is it?" He pouted.

"No, but I could do it if I want." I snapped.

"Name's Toshiki Kai, by the way. But you can call me Kai."

"Why would I need to know that?"

"Awww... don't you want to know the name of your friends?" This guy was starting to piss me off.

"I never said that we were friends." I said.

"But... that doesn't mean that we can't be! Right Mi sa ki!" How did he? "Before you could ask, I remember the manager telling me something about his niece that practically owns this place. It just came to me after I mentioned my name."

I couldn't find the words to say anymore. It's like I'm under his spell. The boy didn't stop there. I felt like he had blabbed the whole day. He could have done more were not for his friend calling him to go home. I felt relieved that he left but a little lonely at the same time. Kai was starting to break through me. Ever since then, he would come by everyday and chat or have a cardfight with his friend while I watched. Those moments made me forget the pain of losing my parents.

Sadly, that wasn't meant to last long. Kai lost his parents in an accident and his uncle took him in. I thought that I would never see him again... that is, until he came back a few years later. But he wasn't the same Kai that used to smile everyday. He bacame a different person.

(Flashback end)

At that time, I didn't know what that feeling was. But now... I could tell that Kai had not only saved me from a lifelong solitude that day, he also broke through my heart. Seeing him like this made me realize one important thing... I fell in love with him without even noticing. I know that he will never feel the same for me. All he loves is participating in cardfights. Realizing my resolution, I snapped out of my reminiscent trance. Tears were threatening to come out and I let them.

"KAI!"
------------------------------------------

I sat straight up, waking with a start, panting deep. I took deep breaths in hopes of calming myself down. I've been having that same nightmare everyday this week. It's been a struggle each and every time it happens, like I'm fighting for control. No one needs to know about this, it may just make them worry. I told myself.

"By the way, Artemis came back this morning with a message from the Royal Paladins" Takuto said as we ate. "What is it?" I asked. "Upon receiving the news, Blaster Blade and Alfred sent messengers to the different Vanguards to let them know of your safety, as well as the change in plans." Takuto stated.

"And that is?"

"The Vanguards would gather here tomorrow instead of the Royal Paladin clan."

_____________________________________

Hi minna-san! How is it? This chapter has been the hardest to make so far since I had to figure out how Misaki and Takuto would escape as well as how I would end it. Now that it's finished, I'm very happy of the result... though it was much better in my imagination. Anyway~

Yeah... before I end the chapter, I'm just going to say that I would be gone in a couple of days. Today is the start of our group's annual camping trip and I never miss it so... gommenasai for the inconvenience. I'll be sure to update as soon as I get back.

Read, comment, vote and enjoy minna-san~♡

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.6K 84 12
(カードファイト!! ヴァンガードG: Re:異世界) (Kaadofaito!! Vangaado G: Re:Isekai) [A CRAY'S COLLAPSE EXTENDED UNIVERSE (CCEU) STORY] This is the sequel to "Cardfight...
1.3K 73 25
I do not own the characters, all the characters belong to the owner Bushiroad! The story will take place after the Stride Gate events, the TRY3 membe...
24K 691 48
Yudai Matsuro, an average, teenage school boy with no troubles in the world comes in contact with the game, Cardfight!! Vanguard, and his life change...
7.3K 203 40
I do not own the characters, they belong to the rightful owner, Bushiroad. There are some characters that I made myself. This story will take place s...