Fragile Things

Af iyahartwrites

"Anyone touches you, they die." ___ For four years, Daria Ryan has been living in the aftermath of an inciden... Mere

01 | Meeting
02 | Party
04 | Monster
05 | Brother's Girl
06 | Narcissist
07 | Dream Guy
08 | Dream Girl
09 | The Date
10 | Broken Family
11 | Haunted
12 | Like Sisters
13 | Unwanted Incidents
14 | Indecent Appearances
15 | The Other Brother
DAMIEN's POV: The Other Brother
16 | The Story
17 | Like a Bird
18 | Babe
19 | Somersaults of Heart
20 | The Better Person
21 | The One - Part 1
21 | The One - Part 2
22 | Race
23 | Spencers
24 | Pillow Talks
25 | Half-Truths
26 | A Heart Torn in Two
27 | Burn for You
28 | Complications
29 | Let Me Take You Back in Time
30 | Breaking Point
31 | The Final Truth
32 | Guilt
33 | Traitorous Past
34 | Night Talks
35 | Breakfast
36 | Show Me Your Scars
DAMIEN's POV: Show Me Your Scars
37 | Boyfriend
38 | Play With Me
39 | Finally Free
40 | Addicted
41 | The Case of the Missing Shirt
42 | Insatiable
43 | The Monster in Me
44 | Wilder
45 | Stranger Danger
46 | Hide & Seek
47 | Sweet Love
48 | Hit Me With Your Best Shot
49 | What is Love?
50 | A Family Torn
51 | The Monster & His Daria
52 | The Devil's Lap
53 | Babysitter
54 | Falling
DARIA's POV: Falling (extended scene)
55 | It's Not Love
56 | Second Thoughts
57 | Sealed Promises
DARIA's POV: Sealed Promises (extended scene)
58 | Proposals & Threats
59 | Fears & Apologies
60 | Confession
61 | Unspoken Words
62 | Back to the Start
63 | First Impressions
64 | Broken & Bad Things
65 | Perfect
66 | Flames
67 | Forever His
68 | If It Bleeds
69 | Celebrations
70 | Whistleblower
71 | Gone
72 | Maxwell
73 | Choice
74 | Battle
75 | Mad War
76 | Where Will We Go From Here?
77 | Come Back Home
78 | Little Brother
79 | Fragile Things
Epilogue
DAMIEN's POV: The Wedding
DAMIEN'S POV: Honeymoon - Part 1
DARIA'S POV: Honeymoon - Part 2
DARIA's POV: An Intimate Christmas
• playlist •
copyrights & disclaimer

03 | Flirting

38.2K 1.4K 202
Af iyahartwrites

three • flirting

Pretty face

At first, I think I am dreaming but then he turns me around, making me face him, and my lips part on their own accord at the sight.

He looks even more handsome at night - like a wolf coming out to hunt its prey. I didn't think it would be possible but Dax Spencer is an enigma. I bet he has heads turning on streets just to see him pass by.

He is not wearing his afternoon clothes but has changed into a black shirt and slacks. His hair is tousled as if he ran his fingers through them over and over. He has a boyish grin on his manly face which makes me stare at him shamelessly.

The music turns a pitch louder and Dax wraps his bulky arms around my waist, pulling me flush against his chest as he did before.

"Spellbound, baby?" he asks in an amused voice.

A smile catches my lips as I circle my hands on the back of his neck, relishing the feel of him. Flirting with danger seems to be on tonight's agenda.

"Not exactly," I answer and he chuckles deeply.

His hands move to caress the sides of my body, leaving goosebumps in their wake. It has only been a few minutes and I already feel turned on by the sight of him. He is so tall, built of firm muscles and hard edges. I want to run my hands all over him, to see if he would do the same in return.

"I have missed you, Daria..." he breathes my name with extra pressure like he is trying to prove a point as to why he is here tonight.

"I didn't catch you as the party type."

"Came for work, babe..." He twirls me around and then pulls me to press my back to his chest again, inhaling the scent of my hair. "Staying for you."

"Work at a party? That's rhetorical of fun, don't you think?"

Dax presses the tip of his nose on my shoulder, his lips brushing a spot as he grabs my hips, fingers splaying flat on my thighs as he keeps our intimate parts pressed together. He is so hard and I bet the weapon he is carrying inside his pants is a lady killer. He takes my hand and slides it around his neck, making me arch my back as he slides a knee between my legs. His thigh presses against my sweet spot, hard enough to make me bite back a moan.

This man has been responsible for murders.

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

"I would if you tell me."

We go silent for a while as the music lowers down to a stop. Dax flips me back, the dark look in his eyes making me swallow a gulp.

"You don't want to know the crowd I hang out with, Daria," he says as he hooks an arm around my waist and guides me to the bar counter.

We take seats opposite each other and he places an order for two cocktails. I cross my legs over one another and rest my cheek on my palm, resting an elbow on the counter, watching him with a new kind of interest.

"Maybe I shouldn't hang out with you too then."

He smirks at my comment. "We don't have to hang out. We can do other stuff..."

His gaze flickers to my chest before moving down my body. Tonight's one of the nights when I know I look sexy without trying. He scoots closer, placing a heavily ringed hand on my knee.

"Tell me, Daria..." he whispers with his lips close to mine, close enough that if I lean forward just a little, I can kiss him. "What do you wish for?"

His hot breath this close to me makes me feel bolder. I move forward, just a little until my butt is only half on the seat. He notices my position and circles a hand behind my back, supporting me.

"I wish you would tell me why you're following me." He raises an eyebrow at my words, probably impressed by the fact that I figured it out. "What? You thought I would believe your work lie? You look too casual for business."

Dax licks his lips, looking down as he chuckles to himself.

"Okay...you caught me. I was following you."

This should have scared me but for some reason, it only makes me light up from the inside. Guys don't follow me, especially the ones who know my past. There is a reason my family pushed me to a small-town university to complete my studies instead of one of the big cities.

My Dad, Felipe Sanz, likes to hold his reputation intact, even if his daughter's was tarnished.

"For what reason, may I ask?"

I touch a palm to Dax's cheek, greeting the five o'clock shadow and he uses his hand behind my back to pull me from my seat to his lap. I am perched on one of his sturdy thighs as he trails his fingers over my bare leg.

"You fascinate me, Daria..." Dax says, his voice dropping to a husky timbre. "I want to know you."

"I'm afraid you won't find me that fascinating after that." I use my fingers to run a hand over his head. His hair is so smooth. "Part of the charm lies in the mystery, right?"

Dax doesn't say anything as he keeps his eyes fixed on me. It is now that I see their color properly. They are bluer than the sky.

"I hate mysteries," he says, putting a strand of my hair behind my ear. "I'm more into eroticism."

He brings his mouth close to mine and maybe it's our proximity, or the heat of his body, or the fact that I am sitting on his lap, but that's when I throw all cautions away as I let him kiss me.

His lips are slow and delicate at first, waiting for me to push them away but when I grab the collar of his shirt to pull him closer, he takes that as a sign to unleash himself.

He slides his hand under my dress, his fingers digging on my hips, making me gasp. I part my mouth to let his tongue slide in. Each stroke is possessive, tasting of beer, cigarettes, and unfamiliar stuff. The good stuff. It feels like a proper kiss, considering he is the second boy I have ever kissed.

Dax's arms wrap tighter around me as he picks me up in his arms, carrying me to a darkened corner of the room. Our mouths battle together, a mix of sweet delicacies and bad decisions as he presses my back against a wall.

His palms cup my ass, pushing me further up until he and I are of similar height. I kiss him with all force, never wanting to stop.

It feels fun, thrilling, erotic even and...

The dark room.

The sound of his zipper sliding open.

The rustle of clothes.

His face between my legs.

The groans.

His touch.

The pain...

"No!" I exclaim suddenly as I pull away from Dax.

He is startled and stares at me just as I stare at him. We are both flushed and breathing heavily.

Dax is not him. Dax is not him at all.

"What happened?" Dax asks when I climb down his body, embarrassed as I straighten my skirt.

"I...I'm sorry..." I tell him, fighting back the tears. "It's...it's nothing..."

"Hey, hey, hey..." he interrupts, putting his hand over my arms and rubbing in a comforting way. "It's fine. I won't force you."

I look up at him and see genuine concern reflecting in his eyes. It makes me feel a little relieved. Most guys freak out when they see that side of me.

The ruined side which would never let me progress in life.

"I...I'm so sorry, Dax..."

His name sounds so good when I say it and his eyes sparkle at the same time with awareness.

"It's okay, Daria. I understand."

I try to smile at his words. The lightness in them is comforting.

Dax doesn't seem like a bad guy at all. Maybe I was wrong to judge him. Just because he is part of the notorious Rider Gods doesn't mean that he is a bad guy. That's part of his legacy. No doubt that I didn't like the way he beat up my best friend today but Simon was at fault too for taking money from Dax's brother in the first place.

"Dax...I..." I began to say but the ring of Dax's phone disturbs us.

He reaches into his pocket and receives it. I watch as his expression changes from being the smiley-faced charming boy to turning serious instantly.

"You gotta be kidding me!" he grunts as he cuts the call.

His jaw ticks with anger but when he sees me looking at him, he tries to maintain his calm.

"It kills me to end things like this between us, Daria, but I have to go. It's urgent."

My heart drops at his words. He can't just leave now after making out with me. That seems offensive.

"Huh...is it family?" I ask.

"Business," he answers with a quick smile.

He leans in and gives me a kiss on the cheek. I close my eyes when his lips lightly brush over mine once, but when I open them, he is gone.

I look at his parting figure as he hurries out of the party. When he has disappeared, I sigh, turning to find Tina standing behind me. She has a cup of fruit juice in her hand and her eyes are throwing daggers at me. I didn't even realize how long she must have been there.

She looks terrifying.

"D, remember this moment when I say that any Spencer in this town is bad news," Tina begins, walking towards me as I stare at her in confusion.

"You know him?"

"Enough to warn you to stay away from him. The Spencer brothers are known to destroy, D. Stay away from Dax."

The hate in her eyes for Dax is unmistakable and it makes me feel like she has just invaded my privacy with him someway.

"Thanks for the warning, T. But I think I'm much capable of making my own decisions."

Tina purses her lips, giving me a glare.

"Do as you wish." She takes a sip of her juice as she turns back to walk away. "Just remember that I warned you. Fraternizing with a Spencer will ruin you."

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

445K 29.9K 33
Ryker Cooper an undercover private investigator/detective takes a liking to a shy barista Talia Flores, after finally getting to know her and getting...
8.9K 432 65
Ashley's best friend Rachel killed herself three years ago to escape her persistent and violent stalker. As if dealing with her best friends passing...
|FRIENDS| Af Yeah

Fan Fiktion

4.3K 162 16
⚠️cussing, violence, sexual references NOT FOR BECKY⚠️ Damien Lavey, a violent, arson loving demon. He had many friends and was rather popular for...
116K 2.3K 70
As I saw him coming towards me I start to walk backwards until my back hits the wall. I don't want to spill blood here. Dad's going to kill if if I d...