๐Ÿ๐š๐ข๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ž || ๐’”๐’Š๐’“๏ฟฝ...

By malfoys-princess

"๐ข'๐ฆ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐š ๐Ÿ๐š๐ข๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ž, ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก ๐ข๐ญ... More

๐…๐€๐ˆ๐‘๐˜๐“๐€๐‹๐„.
cast.
๐”ญ๐”ฏ๐”ข๐”ฉ๐”ฒ๐”ก๐”ข.
๐˜๐„๐€๐‘ ๐Ž๐๐„.
chapter 1.
chapter 2.
chapter 3.
chapter 4.
chapter 5.
chapter 6.
chapter 7.
chapter 8.
chapter 9.
chapter 10.
chapter 11.
chapter 12.
chapter 13.
chapter 14.
chapter 16.
chapter 17.
chapter 18.
chapter 19.
๐˜๐„๐€๐‘ ๐“๐–๐Ž.
chapter 20.
chapter 21.
chapter 22.
chapter 23.
chapter 24.
chapter 25.
chapter 26.
chapter 27.
chapter 28.
chapter 29.
chapter 30.
author's note

chapter 15.

366 13 14
By malfoys-princess

The weekend after she had found out about Remus was one Asteria had been looking forward to for a while. Though there had been other Quidditch matches over the year, they did not hold the same importance in Asteria's heart as watching her own house beat other teams into the ground. Today was Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff, and albeit the girl not having any quarrel with Hufflepuff - she wanted to see them burn to the ground in the ensuing match. Once again, she was up bright and early, painting her face in gold and red. This time, however, she picked out any yellow or red clothing items she owned, layering them for warmth so she looked like a walking Gryffindor advertisement. By the time the rest of the girls awoke, Asteria was jumping up in the air while screaming about Hufflepuffs deserving to burn. Lily rolled her eyes as she got dressed, but Marlene threw a pillow at Asteria and yelled at her to shut up. To which Asteria only responded with-

"Why aren't you ready? Come on, we have to get the best seats! Get up, get up, GET UP!"

The common room was soon greeted by an overly excited girl followed by 4 of her sulking friends. They all looked like they'd rather much be in bed, but Asteria was not going to give them the possibility. She was jumping in place by the boys' dormitory, as if waiting for someone to come down...

... And soon James Potter did, followed by three sulking boys. He, much like Asteria, was adorned in face paint and dressed in the Gryffindor colors.

"Nice outfit," she said.

"Likewise," James responded, before extending his elbow to Asteria. "Shall we?"

Asteria grinned, taking it. "It would be my most extreme pleasure."

As they walked out through the Portrait Hole, the gathered un-enthused Quidditch fans simply stared at their backs. Lily exchanged puzzled looks with the rest of the girls, while the boys just laughed.

"What is going on?" Mary whispered, more to herself than anyone else.

Sirius barked out a laugh, "Just two dummies obsessed with Quidditch."

Remus shrugged, looking at Lily and the rest of them. "I, for one, am starving. Let's go for breakfast?"

Everyone agreed, the seven children making their way to the Great Hall.

"I bet they're already at the stands," Marlene shook her head with a grin. And sure enough, they were.

A mere thirty minutes later, Asteria and James were joined by the rest of their friends. They had somehow managed to procure a sign, with a giant lion head painted on top. The cherry on top was the lion mane that surrounded the sign, created out of some discarded object Asteria had found in the common room. The two were proud of themselves for that sign, holding it high above their heads as the stands began to fill up.

"How did we let her drag us out here?" Dorcas whispered to Marlene, which caused Asteria to reach back and slap them on the head with the sign. She glowered at them, and the two immediately plastered smiles to their faces.

No one could disrespect Quidditch in Asteria's presence, clearly.

The Gryffindor team flew out onto the field, and both James and Asteria lost their minds. They jumped up and down, cheered, applauded. Given their fascination with the team, both had dedicated the past few days on learning the entire roster and their strategy, in preparation for tryouts next year. Though Asteria was apprehensive about joining the team, knowing her mother would be infuriated that a daughter of hers would play such an unladylike sport, Asteria wouldn't let that stop her. Quidditch had been an important part of her upbringing, and she would honor that by trying out.

The Quaffle was thrown into the air, and so the game began.

"Gryffindor Chaser Nico Bell swoops in and catches the Quaffle, passing it to Chaser Jason Thomas, who catches it just barely and immediately passes it back to Bell, who - watch out for the Bludger - narrowly misses a Bludger and scores!" Ian Jordan, who was the newly appointed commentator, yelled into his microphone.

"Hufflepuff Chaser Cooper Smith immediately steals the ball, he's getting closer to Keeper Bilius Weasley but I'm sure Weasley will block it, our Gryffindor keeper is the best one there is - sorry, McGonagall - oh, the ball has been knocked out of Smith's hand by our very own Elliot Wood's Bludger - who, by the way, has been personally selected to train with the Irish National Team - andd Nico Bell back with the Quaffle, he's flying in between players, wow he's talented, and he shoots it right through Hufflepuff Keeper Eric Bones's legs - another score for Gryffindor!"

Asteria was at the edge of the stands, clutching the wood as she followed the game dutifully. Her knuckles turned white every time Hufflepuff scored, but a loud cheer escaped her lips with every Gryffindor point. The only person who could tolerate her screaming was James, who stood right beside her, while the rest were slowly inching backwards - except for Sirius, who liked Quidditch enough to watch the game but not enough to make a whole sign.

"Seekers Bailey and Macmillan go head to head," Ian Jordan continued, "as they both see the Snitch! Bailey, who only became the Hufflepuff Seeker this year, is no match for Macmillan, who's been on the team for two years already. She - like the rest of our team - is said to be one of the best Seekers yet, not to mention quite attractive, but still won't go to Hogsmeade with me - oh right, the game, sorry McGonagall - Bailey reaches out his hand - it's in his grasp - Wood comes in again with another Bludger, knocks Bailey away - Macmillan's close - so close -"

The entire field held their breaths, awaiting the final result-

"GRYFFINDOR WINS!"

Once again, the stands erupted in applause, members of Hufflepuff cheering along as well. Most of them were just there for the ride, not really caring who won the game. Unlike Asteria and James, who were jumping up and down screaming, "We won!" over and over again.

"At this rate we'll win the Quidditch Cup!" Asteria exclaimed, beaming. Her mood wasn't even soured by Mary and Dorcas's bored expressions or Lily's general disinterest in the game. Marlene, however, was grinning, and as was Sirius. They joined Asteria and James in their celebration of the victory, talking about the incredible way the players flew through the air all the way back to the dorms. The remainder of their friends trailed behind them, mostly giggling at the immense level of seriousness that Asteria and James took in the game.

"Merlin, that was amazing!" Asteria breathed as she sprawled out onto a couch the moment she entered the common room. "One day, that'll be me up there. I hope to follow in Wood's path. He's fantastic, you know? If a National Team wants you, that's how you know you're good."

At this point, Asteria was mostly rambling to herself. Mary had retreated to the dormitory, having had enough of people to last her a lifetime; Marlene and Dorcas disappeared wherever it was the two went together all the time - they were practically attached by the hips. That left Asteria with Lily, alone with the boys.

"He's a bloody legend is what he is," James added, "only a sixth year and he's been scouted?"

Lily suddenly huffed, standing up. "Bloody hell, I forgot I told Sev I'd meet him after the game! Asteria, wanna come?"

The blonde girl looked up, momentarily pausing in her fangirling over the Quidditch player. She pursed her lips, deep in thought. It wasn't that she had a particular problem with Snape; what she did have a problem with, however, were the glares he'd send her whenever Lily wasn't looking. According to the redhead, Snape was jealous of the amount of time the two girls spent together. Asteria thought that to be absurd - she didn't get mad when Lily hung out with Snape!

"I don't think he likes me very much," Asteria finally said, chewing on her lip. And Lily knew it to be true. She had tried to bring her two best friends together, but to no avail. With a side hug to her blonde friend and a parting glance at Remus, Lily left.

"So, like I was saying-" Asteria turned back to James, but he was staring at Lily's back.

"Why does she hang out with Snivellus so much, anyway?" he asked, scrunching up his nose.

"Don't call him that," Asteria rolled her eyes, "They're friends, alright? Just because he looks like that doesn't mean you can make fun of him."

"I thought you two were friends?" Remus asked, looking quizzically at Asteria. She shook her head.

"We're not friends, but we're not not-friends either," she explained. "Acquaintances, I guess. I dunno, I've only spent time with him once and that was when someone -" she glared at Sirius - "drenched us in lakewater. Besides, he glares at me all the time. It's kind of rude, and I don't like it."

"Probably for the better," Sirius said, purposefully ignoring her look, "I've seen him hanging around with Mulciber and Avery. Can't be a good lad if he spends time with them."

Asteria fell silent, his words reminding her of Magnolia. The two hadn't seen each other since Asteria's fight with Avery a few days ago, much to the blonde's disappointment. Try as she might, she couldn't get Magnolia for more than a few hours without her brother coming to look for her. It truly confounded her how the two were twins; they couldn't be more different. Magnolia, though coming from the same pureblood ideals that her brother was taught, couldn't care less about who she associated with. And despite her being a Slytherin, she was one of the kindest girls Asteria had met.

"I hate that stupid git," she muttered under her breath, frowning. Remus scooted closer to her, knowing of Asteria's closeness with Magnolia, and patted her back comfortingly. She smiled graciously at him.

"Avery? Or Snivellus?" James asked, but his smile fell when Asteria glowered at him.

"They give a bad name to Slytherins," Asteria remarked, "I reckon there's a bunch of good Slytherins in there, like Magnolia. But they're hiding, because they're scared of the idiotic elitists."

It was at that that Sirius looked down, frowning. He thought back to the holidays, when he had received a beating and a half from his mother due to his atrocious sorting. Much like Asteria, Walburga and Orion Black were displeased that their eldest son was a Gryffindor - for them, the only acceptable house was Slytherin. Slytherin was where the entire Black family had gone, where his cousins had gotten sorted into (even Andromeda, the blood traitor). Sometimes, he wished he was like Andromeda. She was his favorite cousin, and despite her Sorting into Slytherin, behaved completely unlike one. She took the hurls of insults thrown her way by the rest of her family in stride, defending Muggles and half-bloods with every atom in her body. One day, Sirius vowed he'd be the same - but for now, he only made a few witty remarks, afraid to fight back - to an extent - against his mother.

Walburga Black was one terrifying woman.

"But you know, I'm proud to be a Gryffindor," Asteria was saying, and the words held a deeper meaning to her. It was what she had said to her father oh-so-long ago, defending herself against the Grey patriarch with no fear in her eyes. "We accept everyone - well, not to the extent of the Hufflepuffs, but still. Maybe one day, Slytherin will be the same."

Everyone in the room doubted that, but no one wanted to crush Asteria's dreams. Sirius looked at her with a hidden expression in his eyes - perhaps admiration, because he knew she truly meant what he said. And because she understood what it meant to be a Gryffindor, more than James, more than Remus, more than Peter. She had, no doubt, faced the same repercussions Sirius had - but he knew that she took them in stride, like Andromeda.

Right then and there, his respect for Asteria doubled.

James sensed the darkening aura in the room, so, being himself, the boy stood up on top of the couch and grinned. "Who's the best house?"

"Gryffindor!" Peter squeaked, but James wasn't satisfied.

"Who's the best house?"

"Gryffindor!" the five children sitting below him chorused, a smile growing on their faces. A few of the other students looked on, applauding as well. James noticed.

"WHO'S THE BEST HOUSE?"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

The sound of everyone in the common room, across all ages, yelling that one word out warmed Asteria's heart. The Slytherins wouldn't do this. They were all about individuality, self preservation, not about celebrating their house. Gryffindors were loyal to each other, always and forever.

Embracing the growing magnetic energy of the room, Asteria jumped up on the couch, forcing Remus to get up beside her. Sirius and Peter remained seated, looking on as their three friends (well, two, Remus was only standing there) bounced up on the couch yelling "Gryffindor!" over and over again.

"We'll be here for each other," Asteria finally settled down, crossing her legs.

"Always!" James added.

Asteria gave Remus a meaningful look, one that meant a lot more to him than to the average onlooker. She would stand by his side after every full moon, protect him from those who wanted to expose him. He was her friend now, and Asteria didn't take that word lightly.

"And forever," she finished, bringing Remus close to her and enveloping him in a hug. 

✧・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

a/n: 2 updates in one day?? who am i?? anyways i hope you guys are enjoying this >:) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 1.1K 15
๐—œ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ต ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฑ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—ฎ ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—น๐—น, ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ป'๐˜ ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ฒ ๐—ฃ๐—ผ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ...
1M 33K 71
she looks just like a dream, the prettiest girl i've ever seen. ๐“†ฉโค๏ธŽ๐“†ชโ”ŠVeritaserum, regulus black ...
13.6K 511 24
" From the first moment that we touched, your arms felt like home. " [james potter x female oc] [marauders era]
666K 22.9K 120
๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ฌ๏ฟฝ...