Sometimes, Opposites Attract...

By hello_kittykuromi

You're a hero, Dabi's a villain. Nothing's stayed the same since the both of you first laid eyes on each othe... More

HIIII WELCOME, I SUGGEST YOU READ THIS BEFORE YOU BEGIN :)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
You guessed it, it's time for imagines besties :P
"HIDE!!"
Practice For Protection
THE BIG REVEAL.
MAKO?
Another Interruption
Cat Boy

Substituting Class 1A/Sorta Spa Day

36 1 5
By hello_kittykuromi

Ever since you and Shoto first got close, you gave him your address to come visit from time to time, have tea, reflect on your past trauma that you both bonded over and laugh together like you always did.

"I'm so sorry that happened to him, it must've been so hard for the both of you to be separated like that and for so long. Of course siblings will have their moments, but I think the both of us have learned how important it is to value them while they're around you, and...alive.

...I... used to have a brother named Toya.

He was the oldest of all my siblings, and was highly depended on to surpass All Might. But when Toya still couldn't use his quirk as well as my dad had wanted and I was born, he gave up on him and decided to restlessly train me instead. My brother kept trying to get himself to prove to Endeavor that he was still worthy of surpassing All Might one day, but he wouldn't listen him.

And one day, when he tried to prove himself to my dad again, it ended up being his last time.

He...accidentally killed himself...burned himself, only a small piece left of him for us to find because my dad was so stupid.

Stupid enough not to listen to his child and give him another chance. Stupid enough to cause my whole family pain and kill his own son, kill my friend,

Kill my brother.

I wish I could've been there for him, helped him through everything and kept that from happening. But my dad kept me too busy with training, and I was too young to truly understand what was going on to attempt to control more of the situation.

Back then, for me, I'd just see him playing with all my siblings like he usually would,

until the day came when I never did again...

My dad didn't even tell me Toya died for a long time, not until he wasn't in denial about his death anymore.

It felt like I was beginning to watch my family fade away...

I mean first, he ruins my mom and puts her in a mental hospital! Then, he breaks my brother who just wanted to be depended on and finally wanted by him again,

leading him straight to his death."

He started gripping his teacup so hard his knuckles went white.

"And that's one of the many reasons, I still can't help but have a little hatred in my heart for my father..."

There you sat in your kitchen, looking at Shoto with pure anger and sadness written all over his face, shown deep within his eyes.

Your mouth hung open in disbelief before you suddenly began to cry a little.

His face fell.

"No, I never meant to make you cry...i-i'm so sorry I never would have told you about him if i knew it would make you upset, did I trigger something for you that you never told me about? Y/n if i did that i'm so sorry i truly didn't know- "

"Shoto...! I-i'm alright, you didn't trigger anything for me in my past that would make me cry, I would have told you about that by now. I think it's pretty clear now how much we tell each other, we're both like family members to each other ourselves, and just to know that something like that happened to you...

It truly breaks me.

And it angers me to know that there was a time when I thought i'd been through worse than anyone else before. Back then I never fully realized how selfish I was to this extent until now.

You're so strong Shoto. I may be a little older than you, your "2nd mother" hahah, in fact, but I will always look up to you for how strong you are no matter how old or young.

Even though Endeavor giving up on him wasn't fair to him at all,

I know your brother would have been proud of the amazing person you've become, you've come a long way Shoto..."

He grinned at you while holding back tears, genuinely touched by your words. What you said was a like a warm hug he'd been waiting for way longer than he deserved to.

But little did you know,

that lost brother of his was entering through the same window every day to see his favorite person.

The same window,

that was your window...

The Next Day

You walked into the classroom for class 1A. Shoto ws talking with his friends until he noticed you walk into the room and happily ran over to you. "Y/N!! I mean... Ms.L/n, are... you finally substituting today?" His eyes lit up when he found out you were.

"Ok class, just in case you forgot, my name is Ms. L/n. Aizawa is out sick today so I get to substitute!"

The class was very enthusiastic about this news.

"ALLLRIGHT!" Kirishima cheers while Kaminari and Shoto high-five behind him.

________

"Then, after you subtract the 8, you can use your exponent of 2 and-"

"LISTEN LADY, I DON'T GET THIS. THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!

Tch, I think you're doing it wrong..." Bakugo says.

"HEY. DON'T TALK TO MY MOM LIKE THAT", Shoto jokes, and the whole class giggles a little while Bakugo sits at his desk, angrier than before.

"WILL YOU IDIOTS JUST TEACH MATH THE RIGHT WAY?! THIS IS A WASTE OF MY TIME!!"

"Uh... Kacchan, I think all it is is that you're just a little confused on what we're learning at the moment but- "

Bakugo gets up and towers over Deku's desk.

"EXPECTED A LOSER LIKE YOU TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT, DEKU. BUT I DON'T GET CONFUSED."

"B-but, I understand the math, maybe you just need a little more explaining..."

You grab Bakugo and drag him back to his desk before he practically tried to kill one of your students.

If I know how to deal with the serial killer i'm in relationship with, then I can definitely handle an explosive teenager... you thought and laughed to yourself.

Later

Once the class said goodbye and hoped you'd substitute again soon, you walked back home.

"Heyyy there, hero",

You heard a familiar sarcastic greeting as soon as you entered your bedroom. Dabi was laying on your bed, with a bin of his newfound love for sushi he stole from your fridge in his hands.

"Wow, you came in before I did", you said, then you suddenly paused. "... WAIT! I HAVE AN IDEA! I'LL BE RIGHT BACK I'M GONNA CHANGE INTO SOME COMFY CLOTHES!"

You quickly run off to the bathroom then run back out in another outfit.

"LET'S HAVE A SPA DAY."

"What even is that...?"

You forgot that he's probably never even had one before. "Well... maybe not completely a spa day, but partially. I REALLY WANNA PAINT YOUR NAILS."

"...What? NO WEIRDO, THERE'S NO WAY YOU'RE EVER GETTING ME TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THA-"

————

"This color really suits you, I knew you'd pull this off!"

"You're lucky I hate you the least..." Dabi groans.

You had a mini table to rest his hands on that you brought over to the couch to help you paint nails.

Once you finished, he held out his hand to look at them. You painted them black, a color that naturally fit him.

"Looks disgusting."

...

"Ok... just kidding I kinda dig this.

*clears throat * only-a little though."

You were really excited that he liked them but you're internal celebration was quickly interrupted by slight panic when you saw some curiosity fill his eyes and he began to lift a finger to touch this new paint that's seemed to now have contact on his nails.

"AH-AH!!" You raised your voice, quickly stopping him before he messed them up.

"Don't get too curious Burned Boy the paint still has to dry!" You said, then he looked at you annoyed with a hint of disappointment at you interrupting his curiosities.

When he headed back to his hideout, he tried to hide his fingers in his pockets because he was a little embarrassed of his nails and how much he secretly liked them. However, later that night when he forget about them and took his hands out to hold his bottle of grape soda to drink from, Twice sees them and teases "Looks like someone's been goin' to the nail salon..."

"WHAT?? LEMME SEE!!" another villain asks and comes running in.

"...BAHAHAHAH!!" Twice started laughing as the rest of the villains joined in.

He stood there annoyed then says, "keep laughing and you'll get a few burns too I dare you."

"NO, DON'T DO THAT MAN YOU MIGHT MESS UP YOUR NAIL POLISH!!" *continues laughing*

He put his hand on Twice, burning through a part of his costume and a bit of his arm.

"Guess I had to risk it then."

He put his hand out to look at his fingers again as he began to walk away from the other villians.

"Oh, would ya look at that, they're just fine...must be some good high quality nail polish right?", he turned his head back around to say as Twice was holding his arm in pain and shaking with anger.

Over a Week Later

You were sitting on your bed again, when suddenly you see someone sitting across from you and leaning closely to your face, he snook in so quietly you didn't even know he was in your room until he got that close to you.

"My nail polish chipped off. I'm gonna need you to repaint it." You quickly leaned in to kiss him, catching him off guard and said "Whatever villain, you don't have to threaten me to get me to paint your nails. I'd paint them again any day hahah",

He was a little flustered at your action and tried to hide that but failed.

"W-well...good."

You were the only one who could make him stutter like that.

After you finished re-painting his nails you lifted up his sleeve to see how his elbow was doing. The bandage was gone now and his elbow looked healed,

but the Hello Kitty bandaid you gave him was still on...

"Yes! I'm so glad you're elbow healed. But uh, Dabi, why'd you keep the bandaid on...?"

"You goody two shoe's, always asking so many questions...

"Why'd you kill them? They were innocent!"

"Where's your hideout?"

"How could you burn an entire building and not feel bad about it?"

...And now it's "why'd you keep the Hello Kitty bandaid on your elbow?", like could you guys tone down your questions? It's too much effort to answer, I can't help but love the attention you always give us though."

"How about instead of avoiding the question and comparing it to completely uncomparable and quite reasonable questions other heroes have asked you, you just answer the question?", you laughed and said.

He paused and looked to the floor.

"UGHHH, you have wayyy too much control over me..." He groans, and turns his back to face you with his hands in his pockets. (He's too embarrassed to say this to your face lol)

*Sigh* "I may... or may not have kept, the stupid bandaid on because... it kinda reminds me of you. Whenever I come back to the hideout from your place, my time there is nothing like my time here with you. Even though I have all those dumb villains that won't leave me alone all day, it actually still gets kinda lonely. Most of us were either never loved by anyone in our lives, or once loved then never loved again, but when I have that little thing you stuck to my elbow that day,

it reminds me that I finally am loved by someone...

It doesn't make me feel so alone anymore.

Alright, happy? God, that was so embarrassingggg..."

Your heart was practically beating out of your chest at his words and you found it adorable how embarrassed he was.

You lifted your hand to put on his shoulder and gently turned him around to face you.

"Well, band aids don't stick forever..." You took his hand and placed a metal charm of two black snakes in the shape of heart into his palm. "I saw this the other day in a really cool store, but I wasn't sure when to give it to you..." Then you took the same one you gave him, except in silver, out of your pocket. "Now we both have one, and you can't burn this hahah so don't try, it's made of steel."

He didn't take his eyes off the charm you gave him and carefully played with it in his fingers.

"Actually I think this might be the one thing I wouldn't wanna burn...", he quietly said to himself, but you heard him,

And couldn't help but chuckle.

Once he finally stopped exploring it and put what you gave him in his pocket, it never left.

He took the charm everywhere with him, and it made him "hate" a particular hero he got it from,

a little bit less...

-THE END-

Authors Note:

THE WAY I ALMOST CRIED IN THE FIRST PART OF THE STORY WITH SHOTO TALKING ABOUT TOYA LIKE THAT.(LOLOL NOT ME GETTING EMOTIONAL ABOUT MY OWN WRITINGGG JFJEJEJDHEH T-T) But anyway this took me forever to write so I hope you guys enjoyed this one and had a great day!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398K 19.2K 81
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
131K 4.6K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
190K 6.7K 95
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.3M 55.9K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC