๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐’๐€๐•๐ˆ๐Ž๐‘, miraculo...

By govnoir

Marinette Dupain-Cheng excepts a life threatening task in attempts to help save the boy that she loves after... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
SEQUEL

Chapter 2

820 21 6
By govnoir

I was angry with myself the morning after. I had forgotten to take a shower last night. But then I forgave myself when realizing I had three hours left before I had to go to work, which was at the bakery, of course.

After a shower and teeth brushing, I stood tiredly in front of the body length mirror propped up against the wall in my bedroom and silently judged the uniform I had on. My dad had designed it when he was twenty-eight, and probably had no idea how to style anything.

It was just a simple light blue short-sleeved dress with thin white strips going across it from the neck down. The dress did make my long dark hair stand out, though.

I only had a few more minutes before I had to rush downstairs to flip the 'closed' sign to 'open' which wasn't difficult at all.

I huffed out a loud breath and grabbed my coat off of my desk chair, slipping into it. I left my room, shutting the door behind me.

Walking down the hallway towards the stairs, I seen my father staring at himself in the bathroom mirror. He glanced up at me as I walked by the door and then down the stairs so I could grab breakfast before work.

"Marinette?" My dad called out after me as I made way down the stairs.

"Yes?" I asked once I reached our personal kitchen, noticing he was following close behind me.

"What are you doing?" He answered with another question as he began scavenging throughout our pantry.

"Grabbing breakfast before work?" I said, clearly confused. Dad swung the pantry door shut, a box of cookies in his hand, a confused look on his face. 

"Marinette, you are off this weekend." He said, his dark eyebrows raising in surprise.

"Oh," I said quickly, "I knew that."

"Marinette are you alright? You are always on top of your work schedule." Dad worried.

"Yes, I guess sleeping too much can mess with your head." I said, sounding confident about my response.

Dad shrugged and stuffed a cookie in his mouth.

"I guess i'll just go for a walk or grab some lunch later." I told him before he could respond. He frowned and stuffed two more cookies into his mouth and thought as he chewed.

"Well, invite Alya." He demanded in a suggesting tone. I didn't really want to talk to Alya at the moment, but I didn't tell him that.

"Alya and her boyfriend are bowling," I lied. "I wouldn't want to third wheel."

Too right that one was. Alya always felt bad when she would hang out with Nino too much, so she'd invite me on their dates and it just got way too awkward.

"Well, I don't want you staying out too late, but I do want you to have fun. This is one of your last weekends off for a while." Dad said, biting into another cookie. 

"Don't worry about me, Papa. I can handle myself." I assured him and snagged a cookie before he could tell me no.

Dad gave a wide smile, "Well, I guess I love you." he teased. I rolled my eyes and gave him a sad look, which made him laugh.

"I love you." I replied and hurried to run back up the living room stairs so I could change out of this cute yet embarrassing dress.

After changing into a baby blue hoodie and jeans, I walked down the stairs and out of the bakery doors before I could be interrupted. I had the day planned out in my mind already and it started to excite me.

I had decided to head toward the park where filming for one of Adrien's ads was being held today. I know that sounds creepy, but a whole ton of girls used to come by when he was modeling and group around the fence to watch, not only me, of course.

I took a seat on a far bench, waiting for him to start, but then realized that nobody was showing up. Not even Adrien?

Had I gotten his schedule wrong?

My palms were starting to get sticky with worried sweat as I reached for my back pocket in an attempt to grab my cellphone.

I pressed on my notes and began scrolling throughout the calendar I had copied a while back. I stopped at the date November 29th and checked the time his ad was being held.

Which was at 11:35 am like I had expected.

Why wasn't he here?

I shook the negative thoughts out of my head and rose from my warm spot on the bench and began walking in the opposite direction of the park.

I decided that I would go and see a quick movie, so I wouldn't be stuck with my thoughts in the quiet, but with my thoughts and a movie.

When I walked into the theater, I quickly payed for a ticket to watch a comedy and hurried into the movie without so much as a bucket of popcorn.

About forty minutes in, I found myself actually watching the movie, without any thoughts of Adrien swarming around in my head. It was nearing the end of it and I found myself upset, not wanting it to end. 

"It's an interesting movie isn't it? It's one of my favorites." I almost jumped out of my seat at the sound of the deep voice drawling beside me.

I had no idea how I had no clue he was sitting directly beside me, sipping on a the drink in his hand.

He was dressed in some type of boot-cut jeans and what looked like a dark blue shirt tucked into the pants. His hair was brunette, dark, and he continuously stared up at the screen, laughing too loudly in between the scenes. 

"Yeah..." I finally said, pulling my eyebrows together in confusion. He chuckled softly and offered his drink, holding it out in front of me.

"Wanna sip?" He asked casually, shaking around the icy drink.

"No, thank you." I said sweetly. The man shrugged and took a sip for himself.

"You must be upset..." He told me immediately after swallowing his drink.

I was surprised by his sudden assumption. I wasn't upset, right? I wouldn't know anymore.

I blinked rapidly and my eyebrows were pulling together in confusion again. I turned my head to face him and took a deep breath. "You don't know anything about me."

"I know a lot about you." He said and I found myself staying to worry, leaning away from the man.

I let out an annoyed groan. "Okay, so you're interrupting this movie to talk complete nonsense? Thank you a lot."

He began to laugh to himself, "It's a boy, ain't it? Is that why you're upset?" he asked.

I let out a defeated sigh and shrugged. "I guess..."

"Yeah," He thought for a quick moment. "You need to go ahead and try talking to him." He said, stuffing a fistful of popcorn into his mouth.

"He doesn't even know me." I sighed, and began to wonder why I'm talking to a complete and total stranger.

"You'd be surprised, go find him." He said and looked over toward me, locking our eyes. "There ain't no time like the present."

"Well, the movie isn't over." I said nervously.

"Marinette." I raised my eyebrows in shock and opened my mouth to object until I was cut off.

"Yes, I know your name. But, you need to go find Adrien before he makes anymore bad decisions and gets into serious trouble."

I hopped up out of my seat and more or less ran out of the theater, not sure if I was running away out of fear or because of what he had said about Adrien.

The air outside had gotten colder than it was when I had walked inside the first time. I had no idea where Adrien could be, being that he was avoiding his schedule.

I didn't even know why I was even considering that what this guy had said been true. Should I listen to him? He knew my name... maybe he knew what I didn't about Adrien.

I could only think of one thing to do and that was to at least entertain that what this guy had said been true. I needed a plan to find Adrien.

I needed to... I needed to go to the bowling alley and third wheel until I could sneak into Nino's phone and find his location. This could work.

First I had to get the two at the bowling alley since I had lied to my father. I wasn't proud of that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.5K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
4.8K 206 8
"Hey, you can take whatever you want" Foggy raised both his hands and stuttered the nerves breaking his voice. "You don't get it Mr. Nelson, we don't...
19.2K 427 15
Ginny Weasley has loveed Harry Potter since she met him. But in her 5th year and Harry's 6th He is dating Cho Chang. She tries to get over him but ca...
7K 198 41
A/N okay the original description of this story was erase somehow. so this a new version of the story. After Ichigo got his powers back a family retu...