『JenSoo Short Stories』

By cupcakechaeyoung

→ A compilation of JenSoo short stories, as you can see in the title. (Some stories have been changed by me)... More

How You Like That
Weather and Seasons
Damaged Goods
Affinity and Chicken #1: Coincidence and Incidence
Affinity and Chicken #2: Fate and Date
Feelings
Home Is a Person Not a Place (1/2)
Home Is a Person Not a Place (2/2)
BP High #1: 1st Encounter
BP High #2: 1st Session
BP High #3: 1st Confession
[M] Lovesick Girls
Prom Night (1/3)
Prom Night (2/3)
Prom Night (3/3)
Ring Says It All
Lend Me Your Hand (1/4)
Lend Me Your Hand (2/4)
Lend Me Your Hand (4/4)
A/N
Speechless, Breathless, Useless
A Diamond is Forever
Nuages
[M] Captive #1: The Devil Inside
Captive #2: Happy Birthday
Captive #3: The Day
[M] Captive #4: The Night
Captive #5 (Finale): Tied
Living Through You
Strawberry
Aubade (Dawn Serenade) #1: Midnight
Aubade (Dawn Serenade) #2: Demonic Hour
Aubade (Dawn Serenade) #3: Dawn
The Girl Who Plays the Piano
Say Ok
How Are You #1: How Are You?
How Are You #2: Someday
How Are You #3: That One Person, You
How Are You #4: Give Me A Day (and I will give you the whole world)
Window of Memories
The Thing About Jennie (1/4)
The Thing About Jennie (2/4)
The Thing About Jennie (3/4)
The Thing About Jennie (4/4)
To Laugh in Flowers (is to bloom in the rain) (1/3)
To Laugh in Flowers (is to bloom in the rain) (2/3)
To Laugh in Flowers (is to bloom in the rain) (3/3)
Broke your heart, I'll put it back together (1/3)
Broke your heart, I'll put it back together (2/3)
Broke your heart, I'll put it back together (3/3)
Paris, La Ville de l'Amour
This love will keep us through blinding of the eyes (or so we hoped)
There's a Sweetness in Hell (1/3)
There's a Sweetness in Hell (2/3)
There's a Sweetness in Hell (3/3)
The Second You Called Me Yours (I had something worth living for)
Asymptote
To The Sea
The Last Proposal (All I really want is a lifetime with you) (1/3)
The Last Proposal (All I really want is a lifetime with you) (2/3)
The Last Proposal (All I really want is a lifetime with you) (3/3)
End.
.. Part Two

Lend Me Your Hand (3/4)

781 76 14
By cupcakechaeyoung

*Note - How Royals are addressed:

King/Queen - Your Majesty

Princess - Your Highness

Duke - Your Grace

Viscount - My Lord/Lord *last name*

__________________________________

"She's ruining everything, father!" Jennie complains as she points an accusatory finger at her bodyguard. The Princess is standing in front of her father with Jisoo just a few feet away from her right side. "You know that this is a very important time now more than ever, so how am I to make any progress with someone if she constantly terrorizes them?!"

Seeing that Jennie was twenty-one, she was now of age to take part in the yearly courting season. Considering the fact that she was the heir, it was practically a given that she should find a significant other. Granted, it actually wasn't required for her to be married in order to rightfully take the throne, but Jennie wanted someone she loved at her side. So when it was announced that she would take part in this year's courting season, it was no surprise that nearly every young man has shown interest in her. But to the Princess' dismay, she struggled to keep one full conversation with someone during the first social thanks to Jisoo.

"I see," the King clasps his hands together. He appears to be deep in thought for a few seconds before clearing his throat. His eyes move to Jisoo. "Jisoo, I've known you for most of your life and clearly I have a lot of trust in you seeing that I've chosen you to protect my dear Jennie. And so, there is no doubt in my mind that you have a good reason for your... interruptions, correct?"

Jisoo bows, "Your Majesty, I assure you that when I do intervene, it is for the Princess' best interest."

Jennie scoffs in disbelief, Who does she think she is to know what's in my best interest?

The King looks back and forth between the two of them then sighs, "How about a compromise then? Jennie, dear, has there been any man who has held your attention?...Or maybe even a woman?"

"A woman?" Jennie asks astounded, her eyes quickly flicker to a particular bodyguard.

"Well, it is the 21st century dear, so who am I to assume you only like men? If you like women too, just know that your mother and I completely support you. As for continuing the royal bloodline, it shouldn't be difficult since you could have a donor-"

"Father," Jennie's face reddens as she interrupts to stop her father's supportive, but a bit embarrassing rambling. "There isn't a woman at the moment," she steals a glance at her bodyguard, "But thank you for letting me know where you and mother stand on the matter."

"So, I assume there is a man you have in mind, then?"

Before that question, a name had immediately come to her mind when her father had asked if there was anyone who had caught her interest, but of course it was one she wouldn't dare say now. She even scolded herself for even thinking of her first. As for the current question, although the name of a man didn't appear in her mind as quickly, she does think of one, "Yes, there is someone. The Viscount of Incheon, Lee Minho."

For a second, Jennie thought she heard someone on her right scoff.

"Well then, how about you just focus on Viscount Lee for now?" the King aims at Jennie, then looks to the bodyguard. "And Jisoo, you can keep an eye on the Viscount, but may only intervene when it is absolutely necessary, else just let them be. However, if anyone else approaches my daughter and you deem them skeptical, you may interrupt as I trust your judgment."

"And of course, if my daughter changes her mind about Viscount Minho and decides to pursue someone else, the same rules apply to them. Does that sound fair enough?" the King asks them both.

Both the Princess and bodyguard share a quick glance at one another before nodding in agreement.

----- 

The second event of the courting season was the infamous Luna Regatta, a boat-racing event held by Lady Wong Vivi.

Although Jennie wasn't participating in the race, she was still in the sea on a luxurious boat. She had deemed it to be too boring if she were to watch it on land and after saying that, Viscount Minho immediately offered that they watch it together from his own boat. It was obvious that Jisoo wanted her to decline, stating it was too dangerous especially since the Princess didn't know how to swim.

In normal circumstances, Jennie would probably adhere to that advice knowing that it was a matter of safety, but the weather was beautiful and due to the compromise created by her father, Jennie was allowed to go on the boat without protest anyways. And so, an apprehensive Jisoo went aboard the boat just behind her.

At the start of the first race, the Viscount led Jennie towards the edge of the boat so they could get a better view and it was then when their conversation had begun. To be honest, Jennie had held out genuine hope for this moment as she was excited to get to know the Viscount on a more personal level. However, the Viscount's dialogue had been filled with cringey flirting and lacked any real mental simulation for the Princess. In simpler terms, the Viscount was disappointingly bland.

Now, as soon as they were out in the sea, the bodyguard had kept her distance from the Princess and the Viscount. Although, it was quite obvious to Jennie that Jisoo was still close enough to observe them. To hear them. So, had she laughed and touched the Viscount at points that didn't garner such reactions at all? Maybe, but it wasn't because she wanted to make her bodyguard jealous. Rather, she didn't want to give Jisoo the satisfaction that she may have been right to dismiss the Viscount as someone worth the Princess' time.

After a few more races, the waves had begun to pick-up and the boat started to sway more and more with each passing wave. The bodyguard noticed it immediately and so without hesitation, Jisoo approached the pair, "Your Highness, I recommend that the two of you move towards the center of the ship. The waves are becoming stronger and the railings are quite low. You could fall into the sea if the boat were to be hit with enough force."

Jennie looked towards the edge in which she was standing by and it was only then when she realized that the railing was just below her waistline. Her eyes widened in fear just as a wave came in, rocking the boat slightly. Before she could say anything, she felt a hand on her back.

"Jisoo, was it?" The Viscount speaks smugly. "I assure you that the Princess will be safe as long as I'm here."

Jisoo's eyes narrow at the sight of the Viscount's hand touching Jennie's lower back before locking eyes with Viscount Minho.

"Excuse me, my Lord," Jisoo's tone is tight-lipped. "But I do believe it is ultimately up to the Princess if she would like to move to a safer area."

And just like that, she felt two sets of eyes on her. Her mind kept weighing her options. Either side with Jisoo and feel safer, but then that means letting Jisoo think she's in the right yet again or side with Minho despite her fear of falling in, but feel better knowing that she had bested Jisoo for the second time that day.

Just as she was about to give her answer, she felt herself suddenly jerk backwards. As she began to fall, she felt the touch on her back disappear and saw Jisoo reach out to grab her, but it was too late. In mere seconds, Jennie was submerged in the cool sea waters and began to panic as she realized what had just happened. As if her life wasn't already one big joke, it was clear that a strong wave of water had hit the side of the boat, causing her to be in this exact position just like Jisoo had predicted.

Jennie frantically started to swim upwards and she was moving her body as fast as she could, but she felt like she was getting nowhere. She couldn't swim. In the next moment, she felt an arm come around her waist and before she knew it, her head was above the water. Immediately, she wraps her arms around her savior's neck to gain more support while she gasps for air.

"Breathe, Princess. You're okay," the savior soothingly says and she instantly recognizes it as her bodyguard's, making her unconsciously squeeze her arms around the woman a bit tighter. "I've got you. You're okay, just breathe."

Once back on the boat, Jennie sits down as Jisoo rushes to find a towel. She hears her bodyguard tell Viscount Minho to order the boat driver to head back to the docks. Soon after, Jisoo returns and wraps a towel around Jennie's shaking body. With the bodyguard kneeling in front of her, Jisoo's soft and caring gaze was evident as she began to gently wipe the Princess' face with a hand towel.

Their eyes eventually meet and in a flash Jennie breaks eye contact as she feels her face heat up.

"Your Highness-"

"Princess Jennie," a voice from behind her interrupts the bodyguard. It was Viscount Minho who was just leaving the boat's cockpit. "I greatly apologize that this has happened. I swear to you that I would've jumped in to help, but as you are a fellow admirer of fashion, I'm sure you'll understand why I didn't want to ruin my exquisite suit."

This guy can't be serious right now. He didn't want to get his precious suit wet?!

"Of course, Lord Lee," Jennie's voice drips with sarcasm and although the Viscount didn't seem to pick up on it, she does catch the slight smirk on Jisoo's face.

Stupid Jisoo and her stupid smirk.

----- 

The third of the five social events was a masquerade ball, hosted by Countess Bae Joohyun and her wife Seungwan.

Jennie was in her room all alone, per her request, and had spent the last five minutes struggling to put her necklace on. To be honest, she's not even sure why she's putting her jewelry on already considering that her dress hasn't even arrived yet, but here she is. So, along with a grunt of frustration, Jennie drops her diamond-studded piece of jewelry on her vanity.

A knock is heard soon after and her door opens by a sliver, "Is everything okay in there, your Highness?"

"Everything is just fine, Jisoo," the Princess lies. "No need to worry."

"Are you positive?"

Jennie rolls her eyes, "Yes, Jisoo."

"Alright, just had to double check seeing that I've heard you grunt at least nine times in the past couple of minutes so I thought that you were struggling or something. But if you say that you're doing just fine...," Jisoo trails, seeing if Jennie will take the bait. "I guess I'll leave you-"

"Ugh-okay! Will you just come in here and help me?" Jennie's frustration finally boils over and concedes to getting help from her bodyguard.

"There it is," Jisoo chuckles, then enters the room. "You know, your Highness, there's nothing wrong with asking for a helping hand?" She sees Jisoo grin at her through the mirror.

"You are so annoying," Jennie replies, but it only makes Jisoo smile even more. Not letting the sight phase her, she grabs the necklace and holds it out behind her for the bodyguard to grab. "Put this on me, will you?"

"Of course. Your wish is my command, your Highness," Jisoo teases.

As Jisoo prepares the necklace in her hand, the room falls silent. Jennie can only watch from the mirror with how delicate her bodyguard starts to bring the jewelry above and over her head before softly landing on her neck.

Without Jisoo having to ask, Jennie lifts her hair and brings it to lay across her shoulder. The tension in the room grows thick when she feels the bodyguard's fingers slightly graze her neck when placing the clamp, leaving a trace of tingles.

It had been quite some time since she had last felt like this when she was alone with Jisoo. Where the world of royalty, safety protocols, expectations and pressure seem to have ceased to exist. As if they were the only two in the world like that moment in the maze.

"There," Jisoo quietly breathes out, bringing Jennie out of her thoughts. Their eyes meet in the mirror and instead of either looking away, they seem to struggle to break their gazes. For Jennie, it was like trying to find something more than what Jisoo lets on.

"Your Highness?" Soft taps and a muffled voice breaks their trance and they look towards the door. "Your gown and mask have arrived. Are you ready to get dressed?"

Jennie throws a glance at Jisoo before clearing , "I'm ready, you may come in."

As her stylist comes in, Jennie looks to her bodyguard, "Shouldn't you go and get ready as well?"

Jisoo's eyebrows come together at a loss, "For what, your Highness?"

"For the ball," Jennie responds as if the answer was obvious. "Don't tell me you're going in just your work suit. You're practically my and I can't have you next to me and not dressed for the theme."

"But, your Highness, I don't think that'll be necessary. This type of stuff really isn't my thing and I'm sure someone will whisk you away anyways so-"

"Don't be ridiculous. If anything, can you at least wear a mask? I'm sure my stylist Roseanne here can find you a mask that can go with your black suit. Isn't that right, Rosie?" Jennie says almost giddily. She didn't know that Jisoo had always disliked balls and was happy to find a new way to tick Jisoo off yet again.

"Why of course, your Highness! I already have something in mind," Roseanne says happily.

"Perfect! My things are already picked out anyway, so go head out with Rosie to make sure you're ready on time. And on your way out, please call in some of the maids so they can help me get ready."

"Fine," Jisoo concedes with a slight scowl before turning to the stylist with a smile. "Lead the way, Miss Park."

--

It was just about time for Jennie and Jisoo to leave for the ball, but the latter had yet to come inside the limo.

Where is she?! Jennie's foot taps in irritation. If she could, she would have left already since she hates being late, however due to protocol, she isn't allowed to leave without a bodyguard.

At last the limo door to her left opens and she was about to bombard Jisoo with questions about what had been taking her so long, but stays shut when she sees her secondary guard enter instead.

"Apologies, Princess Jennie," the female guard pants out of breath as she sits across from the Princess. Clearly, she had sprinted here. "Miss Kim says she will meet you at the ball as soon as she can. She has ordered me to you for now, so I came as fast as I could, your Highness. And no worries, Miss Park also told me that you wanted us to wear a mask and so Miss Park gave me this one."

Her secondary guard held up a plain black mask. Jennie wanted to express her disapproval at the sight of it, but she was too focused on the fact that Jisoo had practically ditched her. It had only been an hour since Jisoo had left with Miss Park and seeing that all Jisoo needed was a stylish mask, Jennie was confused as to why they were still together. Then suddenly, it clicked.

Aha! Roseanne is the woman Jisoo is talking to! That can be the only reason. I mean, Rosie did seem a bit too happy to help dress Jisoo so clearly something must be going on between them.

Jennie's hands soon formed into fists. "It's alright, Jungeun. Let's go," she says with a false smile and the guard talks into her earpiece, signaling the driver to start heading to the Bae residence.

--

If there's one thing that Jennie's always disliked when it came to formal balls was having to wait in line for each invitee to have their drive-in and photoshoot moment with the paparazzi as they head inside. Her distaste in waiting was another reason as to why she was mad for not leaving on time. So now here she is, sitting in her limo for who knows how long already as the line slowly moves forward.

"Are we almost there yet, Jungeun?"

The bodyguard sits up straight, "I've been told we're only two cars behind now."

After a few more minutes, Jungeun gets the signal that they can get out of the car. Just before Jungeun steps out of the limo from the opposite side of the paparazzi, Jennie sees Jungeun hold her earpiece again, listening intently to whatever she's being told. Once Jungeun's out of the car, Jennie brushes off what she had seen and waits for the guard to open the door for her.

She places her mask on her face, flattens her dress as much as she can and then the door opens. She's immediately hit with camera flashes from every angle, but after years of experience, she isn't fazed. A hand is held out for her to grab to help her get out of the car which she takes without hesitation. She had to look downwards first in order to set her footing, but as her gaze rises to look at Jungeun, she's taken aback when she's not met with a plain mask.

"Your Highness?"

Even though the area around the person's eyes were covered, Jennie could recognize that voice and smile anywhere.

Jennie couldn't even react as she remembers that she's surrounded by cameras at the moment so she had to pull herself together. Now standing out of the car, Jisoo offers her arm and Jennie links them together. The Princess braves an award-winning smile, posing, waving and avoiding questions about who her "date" is as the two make their way from the pathway to the Bae residence. Once inside, Jennie immediately pulls Jisoo to an empty hallway.

"You must have really enjoyed your time with Roseanne seeing that you came here late!" Jennie lowered her voice but her anger was evident.

"Well, hello to you too, your Highness," Jisoo grins. "Okay, okay," the guard concedes when Jennie stays quiet with her arms now crossed. "It's just that Roseanne.."

Roseanne? What happened to addressing the stylist as Miss Park?

"...decided at the last minute that she wanted us to match too instead of just giving me a fancy mask, so...," Jisoo gestures towards her outfit.

It wasn't until now that Jennie actually had a moment to take in how Jisoo looked. The guard's normally tied back hair was in loose, cascading waves and her basic, black uniform suit was now replaced with one in the royal colors of white and gold similar to Jennie's gown. Lastly, her white mask with gold details contrasted Jennie's refined gold one. It wasn't too flashy for a bodyguard, but still had the right amount of class and elegance to which one could argue that the two look like they were a couple. No wonder she heard all those questions about having a date.

The woman was gorgeous.

Jennie finds herself in awe of how dashing Jisoo looks and she feels her heartbeat begin to pick up at the sight.

"Well then," Jennie straightens up. "I guess I can't be mad that Roseanne made sure you looked good."

"Yeah, she did great!" Jisoo says and instantly, Jennie's mood becomes foul again.

"Mmhm," Jennie mums. "Let's head to the ballroom now before people start wondering where I am."

"Hold on a minute, your Highness," Jisoo stops her. "I'd regret it if I didn't say that you look very beautiful tonight."

The two link arms again with Jennie not saying anything in response (but her now tinted cheeks were enough) and they make their way back to where the ball is at. As soon as they entered, all eyes fell upon them. This sudden attention, of course, wasn't a surprising sight for Jennie seeing that she is the Princess after all, but what was different this time was that people were also taking notice of the person next to her. She assumes it's because most probably don't realize that it is her bodyguard.

Once their attention dies down, a few of Jennie's friends come up to them.

"My, my, Princess," her friend, Lady Manoban Lalisa, starts to tease. "I swore you never told us that you were coming with such a fine date. Now everyone is absolutely raving over the two of you."

"Not a date! You probably couldn't tell because of the mask, but it's just Jisoo actually," Jennie tries to clear up quickly and Jisoo even takes off her mask to prove it.

"Oh I wouldn't say 'Just Jisoo,' your Highness," her other friend, Lady Im Nayeon, joins in after giving the bodyguard a once over. "Because you are quite the vision tonight, Miss Kim. Are you single by chance?"

Jisoo coughs oddly at the unexpected question as she places the mask back on, "Why-um yes I am, Lady Im."

"Well, I'd watch out then because I'm sure there are some eligible people out here who have probably just taken interest in you."

Nayeon was directing this to Jisoo, but it almost felt as if she was telling Jennie too, like it was a warning.

Jisoo just awkwardly laughs before turning to Jennie, "I guess I'll leave you to it then as I'm sure you'll be in good hands with your friends, your Highness. Just send the signal if you need me. It was a pleasure to see you both again, Lady Manoban and Lady Im."

Jisoo bows at them then leaves to post herself at the nearest wall. As soon as the bodyguard was out of earshot, the three friends began to chat and gossip amongst themselves.

"Jennie," Lisa looks at her pointedly, dropping the honorifics as it was just the close friends now.

"What?" The Princess asks dumbfounded.

"What do you mean 'what'? I don't know why it took me so long to notice, but your bodyguard is freaking hot! If it weren't for the fact that Nayeon and I already have dates, I'm sure the both of us would be going after Jisoo at this very moment!"

Nayeon nods her head eagerly in agreement.

"It doesn't matter because she's my bodyguard and she's not my type," Jennie replies although her heart seems to tell her otherwise.

"Not your type?! y? Check. Strong? Check. Manners? Check. Good in bed? Probably! She hits all of your markers!"

"She just isn't, okay?" Jennie tries to re-assert. "Can we talk about something else, please?"

Both of her friends share a look, but Jennie tries not to think about it. Then, Nayeon leans in, causing the other two to do the same.

"Then if not Jisoo, I think there might be someone here who is exactly your type," the woman whispers. "I'm not sure if you're aware yet, but I saw the Duke of Daegu earlier and if my sources are correct, his eyes are set on our very Princess."

At that, Jennie's interest was instantly piqued. She knew of the recently appointed Duke of Daegu, but never actually got the chance to meet him in person. The most she's ever seen of him was through images in the newspaper and from what she could remember though, he did look quite handsome.

"Speak of the devil."

Jennie followed Nayeon's line of sight and with perfect timing, the Duke was making his way towards them.

"Hello, m'Ladies," he bows to both Lisa and Nayeon before facing Jennie.

Unexpectedly, the Duke takes Jennie's hand then kisses it as he bows, "Your Highness."

Jennie can't stop herself from blushing as the man stands straight to properly introduce himself.

"My name is Lee Hansol, the Duke of Daegu. I was told that the Princess was the one wearing the stunning gold and white dress, hence why I am here before you. And so, your Highness, I would be honored if you could spare a moment with me?" He asks with a warm smile while offering his arm. 

"Why of course, your Grace," Jennie readily accepts without a second thought and lets him lead her to an empty area. As she looks back, she sees her friends giving her excited thumbs-ups and she even manages to spot Jisoo only to see that the guard was now talking to Roseanne before turning her attention back to the Duke.

--

It almost felt imaginative, the way her and the Duke had gotten along so well. As they talked, Jennie never felt a dull moment come their way and instead they played off of each other so smoothly as if they had spoken many times in the past. To be honest, after her experience with Viscount Minho, she didn't expect much with the Duke, but she was pleasantly surprised. It was almost comparable to how she felt about her conversations with a certain someone that she won't admit. She could see herself talking all-night long with him, but the Duke had other plans.

"I love this song," the Duke admits as the quartet begins to play a new piece. "May I have the pleasure to have your hand for a dance?" He presents his hand towards her.

Hesitantly, Jennie places her palm onto his. With each step to the dance floor, her nerves began to pick up. As to why? Simply put, one of the other very few things Jennie can't do is dance, or at least not confidently. She really set herself up for this one though. How could she not think to take dance lessons before coming to the ball?

Crap. Crap. Crap. I can't- I can't do this.

"I'm sorry, your Grace" she says abruptly, causing him to stop and look at her. "I-I just remembered that my father wanted me home before midnight," she lies easily between her teeth. 

"No apologies necessary, your Highness. I'll abide to his rules as well," Duke Hansol says understandably. "I hope we can meet again soon. Good night."

So, he's a rule follower.

Jennie smiles, "I hope so too. Good night, your Grace."

Afterwards, she immediately looks for Jisoo. When she finds her, she finds herself relieved to see the woman alone this time around and she beelines towards her with pace, grabbing her hand to start dragging them outside, "We're leaving, call the driver."

Jisoo does what she's told without question and even remains quiet during the drive back to the castle. It isn't until they arrive home with the driver gone and Jennie sits down on the staircase that leads up to the entrance when Jisoo breaks her silence.

"Um... did something happen, your Highness? We left so suddenly and now you're sulking on the staircase. I know it's probably not my place-"

"It isn't."

Jisoo holds her hands up in surrender, "Whoa, okay. Well, sorry for worrying-"

"Then don't worry."

"But it's kind of my job-"

"Okay, you know what," Jennie looks at Jisoo. "Since you want to know oh so badly, it's because I can't dance! Are you happy now? I practically ditched the man of any woman's dreams because I was too scared that I'd step on his foot while dancing. So I made up a dumb lie and the worst part was that he was even understanding about it! I threw away such a perfect night just because I thought I'd embarrass myself in front of him!" Jennie covers her face with her hands. "I'm an idiot."

A few seconds of silence pass.

"Get up."

"Excuse me?" Jennie stares at her bodyguard in disbelief. 

"I'm going to teach you how to dance. So, with all due respect, your Highness, stand up."

Jennie scoffs. "Why don't you go teach Roseanne instead?" She says without thinking, making her eyes go wide.

"What does she have to do with this?"

"I- forget it," Jennie stands, trying to sway away from her slip-up. When she gets up, it wasn't so she could dance with Jisoo, but rather to turn around and leave just to keep herself from saying anything else she might regret.

"Your Highness, just let me teach you. I won't make fun of you, I promise. Do you want to impress the Duke or not?"

Jennie should know better. She doesn't need Jisoo to teach her when she knows she can hire someone else to do it. She doesn't need Jisoo to make her look like a fool as they dance in the driveway in the middle of the night. And she definitely doesn't need to be spending any more alone time with the woman like this. Where it feels like it's just the two of them and nothing else exists. She should know better.

But, when has she ever followed her mind?

And so, without a word, her eyes fall onto Jisoo's outstretched hand and soon finds herself reaching out for it. Jisoo brings her towards the center of the dimly lit driveway.

Once in a good spot, the two let go of each other's hands and Jisoo straightens her form-fitting, gold and white suit. Then, the bodyguard starts to readjust her mask when she feels a hand on top of hers, stopping her movements.

"It's better with them off, don't you think?" Jennie's voice suddenly turns delicate, yet apprehensive and Jisoo nods. The bodyguard was about to remove her own mask herself, but she was caught off guard when the Princess had begun to do it for her. Without a second thought, Jennie had gently placed her hands on the opposite ends of Jisoo's mask and carefully withdrew it off. Once finished, Jisoo felt prompted to do the same with Jennie's mask and so without a sound, she removed Jennie's mask as well. The bodyguard then takes her mask from Jennie's hands and then places them both on the ground before pulling her phone out. 

"What are you doing?" Jennie asks.

"Why, your Highness, how could we possibly dance with no music?" Jisoo smirks as she plays the song she had been looking for (Strange feat. Hillary Smith). After placing her phone on the ground next to the masks, she approaches the Princess.

"You know where to place your hands, right?" There wasn't a hint of any sort of mocking in Jisoo's voice when she asks.

Jennie hums in affirmation and she tentatively rests her hands on the correct spots of Jisoo's body. Soon after, she feels Jisoo clasp their touching hands together and then the woman's right hand lands on her hip, just above her waist.

"We'll start simple. Lighten your shoulders and just follow my count, okay? 1, 2, 3, 4, and 1..."

Jisoo's voice fades as Jennie places most of her focus on making sure she doesn't step on the bodyguard's toes. When she does accidentally step on Jisoo's shoe, she profusely starts to apologize and wants to end their lesson there, but Jisoo just gives a hearty laugh and keeps them going. The sound calms her down.

Jennie's eyes shift back to their feet, but Jisoo draws her attention.

"Your Highness, you're going to have to make eye contact at some point, you know?"

"But what if I step on you?"

"You won't. I trust you," Jisoo says sincerely, prompting Jennie to finally look at her. The song continues and the two begin again.

They start off a bit shaky with Jennie trying to keep her head up while also trying to avoid making direct eye contact with her bodyguard. She eventually caves, however, when Jisoo whispers, "Relax," and their gazes become soft-locked as the music surrounds them. As they dance, Jennie never felt as though she was being forced towards one direction, but rather it had felt natural. Effortless. The Princess and her loyal bodyguard would soon develop a smooth rhythm and with each beat, they would move with ease. It makes Jennie start to wonder why she ever thought dancing would be so hard.

When it looked like Jennie was comfortable enough, Jisoo led her to perform a twirl and the two shared a bright laugh in joy. As their bodies return to one another, it results with them being closer than before and yet, neither make a move to create space. Then, instead of Jisoo's right hand returning to Jennie's waist, it was now placed near the center of her back, holding their closeness in place.

Their eyes and their now shy smiles never waver as they enjoyed dancing with one another. Jennie could easily envision them at the ball had they danced together. With their matching attire, any spectator would've thought that it was meant to be.

The two simply basked in each other's company as the music fills the noise and the moonlight shines down upon them. The bottom of Jennie's white dress is probably such a mess now, but quite frankly it was the last thing on her mind as she glided along the driveway in Jisoo's arms.

She's not sure how much time had passed, but eventually she hears the song fade and so does the little bubble that they were in together.

At last, the two pull apart. After Jisoo picks up her phone and their masks, they silently make their way towards the castle. To no surprise, Jisoo escorts Jennie to her room and they now find themselves in a similar position that they were in a few years ago as they stand at Jennie's door frame.

"And here I thought balls weren't your thing? Who knew you were quite the dancer," Jennie teases first.

"Well, I couldn't let these outfits go to waste, could I? And I must say that you're a pro at dancing now too, your Highness," Jisoo smirks. "I assure you that the Duke will be in awe of you just as I was."

The Duke, Jennie suddenly remembers. She had completely forgotten about the man.

Pushing him out of her mind for now, Jennie knows she should thank Jisoo for the lesson. And she's not sure what compels her to think this way and act on it, but she does it.

"Thank you," she says quickly before leaning in to give her bodyguard a kiss on the cheek to show her gratitude.

But a pang hits her chest when she sees Jisoo flinch back before her lips could even reach the woman's cheek.

...Not again.

"I'm sorry-"

"Your Highness-"

"No no, it's.. it's okay. Thank you and I'm sorry again. So, um.. goodnight, Jisoo," Jennie interrupts, embarrassed. 

"Good night, your Highness," the bodyguard replies with a defeated tone and a bow.

When Jennie closes the door, she lays her back against it, brings her hands to her face and slides down to the floor.

What am I doing?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 45.4K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
119K 1.5K 25
PSSS!! You! Yes you! This is the top secret yaoi file! You must keep it save! (If someone of you are questioning why it's says it was made by KittenG...
2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
29.3K 367 10
There will be no Belly in this, my deepest apologies! <3