You (WangXian Short Story)

LuvLaws tarafından

It's been three decades since the chaste reunion of Lan Zhan and Wei Wuxian; but even today, there hasn't bee... Daha Fazla

🌹Author's Note🌹
You ~ Decades worth of Love
You ~ Your name is always on my lips
You ~ A surprise
You ~ Soup
You ~ Question on love
You ~ Wish
You ~ Blue is You
You ~ Swaying under the Lights
You ~ The time we met
You ~ Love
You ~ Old Friends
You ~ Remind me of sunshine

You ~ Ring

2.5K 200 70
LuvLaws tarafından

"Hanguang-Jun." I watched Wei Ying smirk. The younger Lans were in front of us and whenever Wei Ying felt particularly mischievous, he would always call me by my revered name.

Some of the younger Lans giggled. By now they were accustomed to my dear husband's antics. They knew whenever Wei Ying was next to me, if it wasn't a matter of concern, he would always be very loquacious. I tried ignoring him but couldn't supress feeling warm as his hands snaked around my waist.

Finally giving in I asked, "Hm?"

"Are you done with them?"

"Elder Patriarch." They were no less. "Have you got something awesome planned for our Hanguang-Jun?"

"Yes indeed I have something planned for your Hanguang-Jun."

"Oh! What is it?" The youngest Lan was curious and I narrowed my eyes at him. This was against Gusu rules. Luckily for him, his senior yanked him back and berated for asking unwanted questions. But Wei Ying being who he was did not refrain from using sarcasm, "Kid; when you come off age, you'll know and when you do, go to Hanguang-Jun here. He's the best at courting."

"Did Hanguang-Jun really court you?" At his question Wei Ying sought my eyes and gave me a gleeful smile. "My young one..." Wei Ying started but then shook his head, "Your Hanguang-Jun was so quiet that it took me two lifetimes to figure out he was in love with me."

I cleared my throat. Our story was known in the entire realm, so it wasn't much of a secret but the way he said it sounded like an inner conspiracy.

"Oh no!" A familiar voice came from behind us and it was none other than Jingyi. "I bore witness to it all. The way our Hanguang-Jun silently supported and loved Elder Patriarch throughout. Well we all heard a lot of stories first-hand. Remember Elder Patriarch, how LanLing Jin Sect Leader Jin Ling was present for your epic confession? Let me tell you how Elder Patriarch proposed to our dear Hanguang-Jun. We had-" Luckily Sizhui came at the right time and cut Jingyi off by reminding everyone that their classes were going to start.

Once they left and some distance away, Sizhui turned his glare, "How can you speak so colloquially Jingyi? You're speaking about this matter as if it were mere gossip. You very well know such talks are forbidden in Cloud Recess!"

Not the one to care for rules, right in front of us, Jingyi placed his arms around Sizhui's shoulders and gave him a kiss. "Dear, what's there to gossip about? I was just stating mere facts. Now, if I were to say every night we hear Elder Patriarch yell Hanguang-Jun's name in pleasure, then that is gossip. Not this."

One could visibly see Sizhui turn red from embarassment and Wei Ying proudly patting Jingyi's back. "Boy, you learnt well from your elder. I don't mind you letting everyone know of our shenanigans, because universe is the witness to see how well your Hanguang-Jun treats me on our marital bed."

I sighed inwardly. Two pods in a pea. They weren't much different either.

"I am sorry Hanguang-Jun for all rubbish Jingyi is quoting."

"Don't mind Hanguang-Jun at all. He's used to us. Now, if you two will excuse me, I have some important work with Lan Zhan."

Wei Ying as usual didn't wait for their reply, but we knew there was no reply needed. Wei Ying does what he always needs to do, so with him placing his hand in front of me, without a second thought I placed mine in his and we left Cloud Recess.

To my surprise we entered the markets of Yiling. "What are we doing here Wei Ying?"

"Remember ages ago I promised to pay for your lunch but we couldn't get to it, well today I am going to treat you for dinner." He gestured for the waiter and ordered non-spicy and spicy food along with liquor.

"I need to apologise Lan Zhan." He poured a cup for him and me. By now he knew my good ability to consume liquor.

"Why?"

"Well I was oblivious to the fact back then when you ordered all spicy foods and consumed it without an ounce of wince, I assumed you too loved spicy food like me. It was later revealed that you quite were intolerant."

"You never have to apologise to me Wei Ying and never feel guilty for the same." There was something troubling him. "What is it you wanted to share with me?"

"Huh?" He looked adorable when perplexed.

"Back at Cloud Recess, you wanted to let me know something of importance?" I placed a hot bun in his bowl and he ate it with gusto.

"Ah that! Nevermind me. I just wanted to get you out of Cloud Recess. You've been so busy lately." At his sudden pouty lips I smiled and his eyes twinkled with happiness. "I simply wanted to spend some time with you, is all."

When it comes to Wei Ying there is never something so simple, but for now I had to acknowledge it. We kept feeding eachother and majority of the guest didn't give us a second glance. There were some curious gazes, but by now it never bothered either of us.

After our dinner he pulled me out to take a stroll around the market. Tonight there was a theme fair where men and women were all dressed in traditional clothes while children were all frolicking around games set up the local vendors. To me all this didn't make much of an appeal but what did was looking at Wei Ying's face. He had child like exuberance that could not match any lights on the street.

"Lan Zhan! Look." I followed him to a stall as he picked out a jade quill. "This is in such pristine condition. Probably will look less intimidating when you mark the students papers with less numbers. Sir, how much for this?"

I remember those times when Wei Ying without any sense of being shy would ask me to pay for the goods he used to purchase and to be honest it never bothered me. What is mine will always be his. This did not change even after he started earning.

It was after our marriage, as my partner Wei Ying was eligible to get money from Gusu Lan Clan, but him being who he is denied and very proudly had said, "When I have a husband like Lan Zhan, this Yiling Patriarch does not need anyone else to pay for him"; but truth be said, Wei Ying never asked me for much money either.

He started taking up jobs to protect people and their properties against demonic interventions. The money he started earning from there accumulated to much greater wealth. As for spending, Wei Ying used his money only on two things. One, liquor and two, was on me. But, there was another side to Wei Ying that I was very well aware about which he assumed was a secret even from me. The wealth his had amassed using his powers, he had secretly built quite many orphanages around the realm and provided money anonymously to feed them all.

Glancing at the man in front of me, at times it makes me wonder how have I been so lucky to have him by my side? He has been through so much, but in the end, he never once lost his hope on humanity. I wonder if people ever would understand the depths of love The Yiling Patriarch has in his heart.

Clasping my hand Wei Ying pulled us out of the busy market and we took a stroll to a much quieter place.

"Lan Zhan, it's such a pretty night right?"

"Wei Ying."

"Hm?"

"You have something in your mind. Tell me what has been bothering you?"

"There is nothing I can hide from you, is it?" He smiled. From the inner lapels of his cloak Wei Ying brought out a velvet pouch and handed it over to me.

"What's this?"

"Open it."

Inside rested a beautiful jade ring with lone black pearl embedded at the top. It was beautiful. "Wei Ying?"

"You are the jade ring and I am this black pearl. You're the only one to hold me when I need you the most. I love you Lan Zhan." Gesturing for my hand, he placed the ring on my ring finger and kissed it. "Please know that I will always love you."

"Wei-" he placed a kiss on my lips and with a smiled and continued, "I need to go back to the burial mountains today. My soul can feel energy of Chenqing depleting and needs to revitalize the core."

I understood. Every few years Wei Ying would go back to burial mountain to charge himself and Chenqing. "For how long would you be gone?" Previously he was gone for six months.

"I don't know. Will you be alright Lan Zhan?" His concern was evident.

"If you wish for me to come-" placing a kiss as sweet as nectar he shook his head, "You are too pure to enter the place where I am going. Had it been my abode, I would have had no issues at all, but this is inside the heart of burial mountain. Let me go, but like always I promise to come back."

I believed him.

"I love you Lan Zhan."

"I love you to Wei Ying."

Watching him enter the burial mountain was never easy, but as I stood there until his entire silhouette disappeared, I kept feeling the ring on my hand. I knew he will come back. I just knew it.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

6.8K 543 27
In every love story there is a Hero, Heroine and a Villain. But how many of them know a villain's story? This is a villain's story. The villain? His...
980K 53.2K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
156K 9.2K 27
"Tell me , do you regret it ?" "I....I.. of course..I don't" Wangyibo is from a rich and disciplined family . But he isn't interested in any rules a...
230K 10.1K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.