𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡...

By haleyboook

druig x oc ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── "I'll love you until the day the sky comes falling down on us." "Only... More

prologue
beginnings
averted gazes
party
sky fall
repercussions
natural born leader
mission
quit it
cosmic coldness
phastos
history
jealousy
confiding in friends
confrontation
dreams
grovel
engagement
sersi x ikaris wedding
suppressed emotions
expose secrets
home
final battle
departure
new community
drunken adventures
rings
small details
future
yellow
family
unknown identity
my wife
remember me
memorials
makkari returns
liability
the night she left
finding serendipity
ignorance is bliss
compromise
ikaris' betrayal
more than a betrayal
Q & A
emergence
killing tiamut
ajak's betrayal
life restored
storybook wedding
saying goodbyes
epilogue

slip ups

14.1K 536 329
By haleyboook

╔═.✵.══════════╗
"Are you afraid
of yourself too?"
╚══════════.✵.═╝

:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:

"I will throw you off that cliff I swear to god."

Druig laughs and says "I asked one question!"

I nod and say "An extremely stupid question!" He chuckles and says "Alright, I don't believe it's stupid. Come on, Gaia."

"I told you no."

He groans and says "Makkari and everyone else is already there." I nod and say "I hate surprises. You know that." He nods and says "Well, it's not a surprise anymore. You were persistent enough to pry it out of kingo."

"I hate birthdays. They're not even real. Can't believe your asking me to go." He groans and says "Get down from the tree before I get Ikaris to tackle you down from up there."

I scoff and say "You wouldn't dare." He sighs and says "Oh Ikaris... Ikaris!" "Shut up! Sssshhhhhhh!!" He opens his mouth to shout louder and I grumble as I climb down the tree. "I hate you and birthdays." He chimes in "And surprises. I know Gaia. You say it every time." He presses his hand to my back and I say "Watch those hands sir." He raises an eyebrow and says "Thought you wanted to waste time."

"Nope. You lied and tricked me into going to this fake birthday party." He nods and says "Well, you're the one who chose the day."I nod and say "like a century or 8 ago. Your date you chose is better."

"They'll be cake."

"Fine. It better have good frosting."

He rolls his eyes and says "You're being difficult."

"Difficult is my middle name." I chime in. He says "You don't have a middle name." I scoff and say "I told you, it's difficult and I expect to be called it." Druig nods and says "Okay Gaia Difficult, let's go-"

A loud roaring noises is heard behind us. Druig pushes me forward and says "Get to the others now!"

"I'm not leaving you!"

He nods and says "Gaia! Now!"

My lip quivers and I say "I won't leave you."

"We need help Gaia and there's more approaching. Please.."

I nod and hesitate while I run to find the others. Tears falling down my face quickly. We can't take down 8 deviants by ourselves, this was a planned attack.

"Gaia."

Druig shakes my shoulders. "Gaia."

My eyes fully white stare ahead. He shakes my shoulders aggressively and says "Gaia!" He jolts me and starts muttering lines of curse words. He shakes my shoulders when I suddenly lunge to hurt him. He groans from my punch to his stomach. He mutters another line of curse words and groans.

He stands tall and says "Gaia you need to focus. It isn't real. We're all still alive. I'm right here."

I lift my hand to hit him with a blast of cosmic energy but he dives out of the way of the hit. He says "Gaia-" I throw an orb of energy at his abdomen and he slams against the back wall. He groans and says "Just when I thought you couldn't get more annoying." I send repetitive hits with him diving out of the way of each hit and holding his minor wound on his abdomen

He grabs onto my arm and holds me into a sleeper hold for about two seconds before I punch him away. He shakes his head and says "Damnit Gaia!"

He pushes his way into my mind and I freeze in place. Druig wreathes in pain. He groans and says "Breathe Gaia."

He halts me for a minute and says "Gaia it's Druig."

I mutter out "my.. Druig."

He nods and hesitantly says "Yes...Your Druig."

"Get away from him!" I scream as the deviant attempts to stab tenttacles through Druig. He looks to me and I hit the deviant away with a blast. Another deviant quickly lunges at me and the tentacles pierce through my skin and Druig's painful scream is the last thing I hear as everyone from the team approaches. They're all going to die. My slack body drops to the ground and Ajak cries out my name. "Gaia! No!"

Druig winces in pain and attempts to fully control me. It isn't easy getting into an Eternals head. He says "Gaia fucking snap out of it."

His control over me slips and my hand dives to grab the dagger displayed on my wall. He tackles me down holding my arms down above my head.

"Enough! God I wish Makkari and the others were here!"

I scream and knee him in the crotch. I stand up and go to slice his head off with the dagger I pull off the display. He ducks quickly and says "God stop it!" Now getting back to his feet.

I am just screaming "No! No! Die! Die!"

He thinks I'm bat shit crazy.

I leave a nasty cut on his arm and he winces. "Gah!" He kicks the dagger out of my hand and pushes me onto the bed annoyed. He squeezes my wrists together as my eyes begin to turn golden and under his control again after he held my wrists down.

He huffs and says calmly in my head "It's Druig. Calm down. Calm down Gaia."

He says out loud "Sleep."

I collapse down but my tight grip is still around his arms. He attempts to pull away and says "Release... Gaia. Release."

I don't respond to commands people use on their dogs.

No use. He sighs and sits down beside me as I cling onto his arms. He mutters "Just great.. I should have had her release me before I told her to go to sleep. I should have grabbed a baguette or something before I went into her room..."

:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:

An hour later:

I shake my head as I open my eyes. Shit I overslept. What the hell is holding me? Who the hell is holding me I mean?

I look to my right and see Druig asleep beside me. "Why are you in my bed?" I say bluntly

He mumbles "You wouldn't let go."

I look to my tight grip around his arms and I release them. I say "Druig."

He hums "Hm?" Still leaving his eyes closed. "When did you get in my bed? And why?"

"You had a mad weary episode. You suffer from that if you didn't know that already."

I scoff and say "I do not." He nods and says "You do." I open his eyelids with my thumbs and index fingers and say "No I don't."

He pushes my hands off and sits up sighing. "Trust me. You do. You were screaming in your sleep and when I came in you went full attack mode. Why do you think your room is trashed?"

I look around and see the picture frames and miscellaneous furniture disheveled. All messed up. I stand up abruptly and say "Shit. Oh god."

He nods and says "Once the team gets back you need to tell Ajak..."

"NO!"

He looks taken aback by my shouting and says "What?"

I rub my face freaking out "You can't tell them." He sits up and says "Why?" I shake my head and say "Druig. You owe me. Promise me you won't."

"Gaia. You need help."

I feel the hot tears coming to my eyes quickly and I shake my head quickly. "She'll erase me. Everything of me. There's no cure. Please don't make me lose everything."

His face drops and he says "Oh god."

I cry "Please. I don't want to forget. I like my life..." I see the bleeding cut on his arm and I quickly walk over. I point to it and say "Did I do that?"

He looks to his arm and says "Oh that? No."

I look up into his eyes as I leaned over the comforter. I plead with him through my eyes and say "Don't lie to me."

He nods and says "Fine. I didn't move out of the way fast enough when you had a dagger."

I groan and put my head down. "I'm dangerous."

He shakes his head and says "No you aren't. You can't hurt a fly."

I stand up and say "At least let me fix your cut. God I'm so sorry." He says "Oh. No I'm fine. I'm immortal-"

"Get up."

I walk away and into my bathroom. I wait for him to enter and I have him sit at my vanity.

"Take off your long sleeve shirt."

He smirks and says "Buy me dinner first." I roll my eyes and chuckle "Shut up. Take it off."

"I'm not a stripper you know."

I shake my head and say "Could've fooled me." He smirks and hesitantly slides his long sleeved shirt off. I see the burn mark from a blast on his abdomen and say "I..I did that?"

He stares at the ground and says "You got a few good hits in."

I grab the clean wash cloth from the cabinet and wet it with warm water. I walk over to him and dab it onto his cut on his arm. I hold his arm straight as I wipe the blood off. He looks down at me treating it.

I mumble out quietly "I don't want to hurt anyone."

He nods and says "I won't let you hurt anyone." 

I meet his eyes and he pushes a strand of wavy dark hair back behind my ear leaving his hand lingering there. I feel a small amount of warmth from it staying there.

He and I stare at each other for a moment and I say "I can't tell makkari."

He says "You tell Makkari everything."

I nod and say "She would force me into getting help."

He nods and says "Would that be such a bad thing? Ajak wouldn't have to erase you."

I push his hand off my cheek and go to rinse out the wash cloth. I say "You wouldn't get it." He nods and says "I wouldn't." I sigh and say "I've been getting dreams... at least I thought they were dreams. But I think they were mad weary."

He prods farther and says "What happens in the dreams?"

"A lot of stuff."

He sighs annoyed and says "Stop being blunt and tell me damnit."

I shake my head and say "They're embarrassing." He smiles and says "Well, tell me about the most recent one. I know I was in it. You kept calling my name."

"I'm not gonna tell you. I didn't enjoy that one."

He nods and says "But you enjoyed the other ones?" I grumble and say "They didn't cause me to lose my mind and attack people." He sighs and says "You haven't lost your mind. Not yet. I won't let that happen."

I stare down at the running water my lip quivering and spit out the words "How Druig? I already injured you? In that stupid dream or whatever it was I died. You watched me die and it fucking sucked."

His eyes widen and I break down in hysterics "I'm a danger to everyone."

He says "Gaia."

I shake my head and hold my head in my hands. He calmly says "Gaia."

I walk back towards him and say "I'm sorry. I know I need to help you-"

"You don't need to do anything Gaia. I can take care of this myself. It's fine. Are you alright?"

I nod quickly and unconvincingly. I touch his upper abdomen and place the warm washcloth on his wound. "I'm sorry you can't ask Ajak to heal this."

"Gaia stop apologizing. Honestly I needed it after how badly I spoke to you and my arrogance took over."

I shake my head and tears fall onto my arms and I try to push them away. He pulls my chin up and says "I won't let them take my Gaia away. I will control you if I have to if it comes to it. You won't hurt anyone."

I nod and I hug him tightly seeking comfort immediately. I'm terrified. I don't want to lose my memories of everyone I love. Everything would change.

Makkari and I wouldn't be as close. I can't lose her. And god I can't lose Druig. As much pain he's caused me. I love him.

I press a kiss to his cheek and bury my cheek into his shoulder. He pats my back and says "I won't let you hurt yourself or anyone else Gaia. I promise."

I nod into his shoulder and say "I don't want to forget."

"You won't."

:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:

a/n: so? We're starting to get back to the plot now! Mad wr'ry is back! ALSO, doesn't Gaia look STUNNING in the gif above? What'd you think of this chapter? Also did you watch the no way home trailer? It gave me literal chills. It was beautiful. You guys should definitely check it out. Next chapter will be Sersi and Ikaris' wedding I think. Not a thousand percent sure yet. Anyway, good morning, afternoon, evening and night. Whatever pertains to you. also.... I may be making an Ikaris fic, I have the perfect idea for one and the perfect person to play Lena, Ikaris' love interest. Question to be answered down below!

Q&A: who's the best Spider-Man? 🕷

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 5K 27
it's beautiful, isn't it? 【 status completed 】 【 eternals 】 【 druig ✘ male!oc 】
108K 3.2K 22
"You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen" "Thats enough for me, if it's enough for you" 7000 years ago we stood by each other's sides, now we...
59.2K 1.7K 17
༺ 𝙴𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙽𝙰𝙻𝚂 - ?? ╔══════════.✾. ═════════════════════════════╗ ❝𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗜'𝗺 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗵 𝘀𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴? 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗵 𝘁...
350K 10.9K 25
FEMALE READER ↦︎ Druig and Y/n, two Eternals formerly oblivious to each other's feelings, even though everyone else knew, are reunited with their tea...