His Favored Empress

由 ladydragyn

Shaugn is a history professor with an adventurous spirit. One day he wakes up and finds himself in a world s... 更多

Nag, Nag, Nag
Fresh Air
Splitting Headache
Identity
Dujshua
His Emperor
Fateful Encounter
Courtship and Questions
Eye Opening Chat
A Negotiation
Dagaslan
Not Your Ordinary Priest
Entanglement
The 6th Prince
Terrible Tea
Prince Etan
Making Waves
Fight For the Right to Fight
Uninvited Guest
His Bottom Line
Size Doesn't Matter
Preparations
Currying Favor
Mother Empress
Start From Small
Picky Eaters
Public Discipline
Discussion and Departure
Shifob
Clapping Back
Man to Men
Out of Sight
Night Vision
Court Full of Jesters
Toshi
The Slums
The Military Camp
Camp On Notice
Memorials Arrive
Setting the Stage
Diminished Ministers
A Wager
Humbled Noble
Secret Meetings
Recruitment
Drowning Rats
Rumors
Late Night Rendezvous
Reforms

Gloves Off

2.5K 245 60
由 ladydragyn

Jazzaaia and Dane's eyes widened. Malek raised a brow. The son of a general and a military man like Dane, he paid no attention to the happenings of the harem. If he wasn't practicing swords or fighting, he was training the guard, or tending to the war horses.

The empress took all the things they'd done in the dark and threw them out into the open for everyone within earshot to bear witness to. These were offenses that could get them kicked out of the harem if not sent for punishment. Just how much didn't the emperor know?

For a while, no one spoke. Who knew today's lunch would turn into this? Wasn't the empress embarrassed? What did this mean?

"You're not embarrassed to say all these things?"

Shaugn stood with his drink and took a few steps. He raised a brow and took a sip. "Should I be?"

Jazzaia frowned. "It shows you're incapable of running the harem."

Not one to take blame for anyone's deeds, Shaugn shrugged. "Or maybe the harem is filled with poisonous serpents who only know to bite and spew their poisonous tongues while robbing the palace and the people of money."

Sieh stuck her chest out and put on a proud look. "Aren't you embarrassed that the staff knows?"

"They already knew. I'm just throwing your secrets out in the open so that everyone knows what it is you are all about. " He started walking around the table. "Let people see what good, noble, benevolent consorts our beloved emperor was blessed with."

Ahta's brows were drawn over her dark eyes in confusion. She looked up at him as he passed her chair. "So you're doing this to expose us and yourself?"

Shaugn opened his arms wide with a brilliant smile. "For all to see."

"You be careful that we don't tell our families and they clean you up" Goren's words slurred as he looked up with glassy eyes. "You don't want to do this." He shrank his neck as Shaugn stood by his chair.

Shaugn tugged on his cheek. "Oh but I do and I have." He took another lap around the table raising his voice. "I want to tear the masks off every member of the harem. Let the proud noble families get a good look at their precious seedlings."

He finally stopped by Shilian's chair and place his juice down. The maid turned consort sat with her back straight and a look of disgust on her face. Sitting on the left of Shilian, Sieh wrinkled her nose at him.

"You don't want to tear your face with our families. They're powerful people. You can't afford it."

"Don't you worry about what I can afford." He took a few steps then stopped. He turned back with a smile on his face. "Since we are...'tearing faces' as they say, so be it."

Before anyone knew what was happening, Shaugn grabbed Shilian's arm and wrenched it behind her back. Then he grabbed the back of her neck and slammed her face into her bowl and held it. Soup poured over the edges of the bowl and onto the table. The violent banging of the table and rattling of dishes shocked everyone. A few people rose from their seats to scold but were frozen in place by the cold, murderous eyes of the empress. An aura filled with killing radiated out of him making the consorts break out in a cold sweat.

What was wrong with the empress today?

"Guards, anyone standing, you break their fucking legs for me! See if any of you dare stand against me in the future!" Shaugn ignored Shilian's struggling and pounding on the table. His voice rang throughout the dining hall making the guards tremble.

Before the guards could move, those standing retook their seats. Except for Sieh. Shaugn's gaze landed on her.

"If she doesn't retake her seat by the count of three, break her legs and throw her in the dungeon until the emperor returns."

Sieh trembled and flopped into her seat. Her face paled and she raised a shaky hand to grab her drink. "You use such a heavy hand on a woman?"

Shaugn let out a dark chuckle. "Woman? I mistook her for a common street urchin. Dirty, classless, crass, and unrefined. Guess you can't turn a pig into a queen." He grabbed a handful of Shilian's hair and pulled her head up so hard she was flung against the back of the chair. Unprepared, Shilian was unable to catch herself and the chair toppled over dumping her onto the floor. Soup dripped from her hair onto the floor and she slipped several times before she stood on her feet. Shaugn sauntered over to his seat and sat with a smile as if nothing had happened.

"You – you dirty duju! How dare you!" she screamed, wiping pumpkin soup from her face.

Shaugn leaned back in his chair with a look of boredom on his face. "If it continues to screech, muzzle it."

Shilian's eyes widened. "It!? I'll k-"

A cloth was stuffed in her mouth and she was tied to the chair. No one ate anymore and they peeped at Shaugn with varying expressions. He hummed to himself with a smile as he ate a few more spoonfuls. The servants waiting to remove the dishes didn't know if they should clean up or stand to the sides. The dining room had never been so lively.

When he was done, Shaugn wiped his mouth. "Sorry to make you wait. Please clear the dishes and bring the dessert."

The servants bowed and hurried to clear the dishes. "Thank you, your majesty."

Goren sucked his teeth. His face was flushed and he half leaned on the table. "You still have the desire to eat?"

"The food is delicious. Why wouldn't I?'

"You've humiliated everyone in the harem."

"I simply exposed you." Shaugn snorted. "Not my fault you feel sour about what you have done."

"Not all of us have done something despicable,"Jazzaia replied. There was a mocking smile on her face as she looked at Goren.

Dane nodded. "Right. So speak for yourself."

"Military people are just dull." Goren waved his hand dismissively. "You know nothing but blood and sweat. Uncultured swords for the empire and nothing more."

Malek's cold voice responded. "At least we've done something for the empire. What about you?"

Goren's face scrunched up.

"Who have you served besides yourself?"

"I'm a noble. Why should I do anything for anyone?"

Shaugn was gloating on the inside. Who knew he'd divide the harem so quickly. "Everyone lives to serve the empire in some way or another. Some protect us. Some teach. Some heal. Some grow our food. You – you just run around playing tricks trying to get to the top and live a lavish, spoiled life. You don't even do anything for the emperor. You can't even give birth."

A spoiled and proud man, Goren gripped his wine glass and looked at them with fierce eyes. No one ever dared insult him in this life.

"Are you even worthy of his affections?" Jazzaia ate as if she didn't see Goren's fierce look. "Even consorts serve a purpose by providing relief, entertainment, children, support, and counsel to the emperor of the nation."

"His home and harem should be places to let down his guard and be at ease."

"Alas, some of you have just made it another battlefield for him."

Shaugn looked around the table. He put away his smile and spoke in a serious tone. "Not anymore. I will dig all his enemies out of the dark and cast you out." His sharp eyes landed on Sieh, Shilian, and Goren. "Starting with you three."

Thinking the crisis was over, Sieh was stunned. "Us? What do you mean?"

"This is your only warning. Step out of line after today and I will cast you out publicly." Shaugn's eyes swept the room. "I will bring charges against you in the court. Even if you manage to be found innocent, you and your family will be ruined in the hearts of the ministers and the people."

"You don't have that much power, " Goren snickered.

Done eating, Shaugn stood and prepared to leave. "Try me."

With a flick of the fan, he turned and walked away.

*How's all that tea?

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

320 1 34
!! BL NSFW IN SOME CHAPTERS !! a popular guy at the top of his class and a mysterious guy cross swords, and ever since that moment, their hate for ea...
300K 10.3K 43
What happens when a newly engaged omega somehow becomes wrapped into the hands of three married men? ^ ^mxmxmxm LOOK AT TAGS BEFORE READING! BEST RAN...
27.7K 806 12
Discontinued 🚫 Akashi × Kuroko × Akashi Moving into the next chapter of their life, Kuroko Tetsuya, along with his husbands; Akashi Seijuro and Seij...
2.1K 251 32
Dive into the story...... I do not own the characters. It is only a fiction not related to anything or anyone in real life. Enjoy t...