The babysitter

By Wait_For_My_Shot

Percy Jackson finally gets a break. And where did she go? The most crime ridden city in the world, Gotham. S... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty-Eight

Thirty-Seven

14.7K 572 110
By Wait_For_My_Shot

" They are all so young." Megan breathed out.

" Kind of. Some of them are hundreds years old. They took an oath that they couldn't be with a guy, and they will be immortal until they fall in battle." I supply.

" So, were you offered to join?" Nightwing asked.

" Yes, but she has made it very clear, she doesn't want any type of immortality." Artemis, the goddess, came up to walk with us.

" Thinks she's too good for immortality, huh, kelp head?" Thalia laughed and smacked me on the back hard enough to knock me over. I turned around and went to punch her.

" Girls." Artemis said. I crinkled my nose and flipped her off. Thalia growled and went to tackle me, but Artemis put a hand between us, " Do I have to separate you two?"

" No." We mumbled together, and kept glancing at each other.

" Is this how you act all the time?" Kaldur asked.

I turn my head to glare at him, " Shut up."

Thalia looked between us, " You know him?"

" He's a Royal guard, or was, to one of my father's mini kingdom things." I glanced back at Kaldur as Artemis led the group from us to sit around the fire the hunters already had up. I held back with Thalia closer to the line of trees so I could take my helmet off. It was dark outside and they definitely couldn't see this far away beside maybe Kaldur and Conner.

" Do you like him?" Thalia asked.

" Maybe. I don't know. There are a couple guys." I sat down in the snow against a tree.

She laughed and sat against the opposite tree, " You can always join the hunt."

" Yeah, I don't know. I think I'd be a little old, but I like two of them. And I did before something happened." I looked back at Dick as he took everything in. His gaze stopped for a second while looking at us.

" Aw, what happened between you and pretty boy?"

I pick up a random stick from the ground and start picking at it. " Um, he kissed me."

Thalia froze, her knuckles clenched, " Without your consent?"

" No, no, no, he asked me. But I was upset and it was the heat of the moment and now I'm confused. I thought I liked him, but now I have no idea." I groaned and threw the stick.

" If someone is making you this confused after something that usually decides if you like them or not, it's probably not the best idea. Plus, he obviously has no sense of emotion if he kissed you when you were upset." Thalia shrugged, " But, then again, I haven't needed dating advice in awhile. For guys at least."

" Hmh?" I asked, wanting to know more about Thalia's love life.

" Nothing. But I wouldn't date anyone who makes you uncomfortable. Go after a girl, guys suck ass. I think Piper would be in your taste."

" Maybe Reyna?" I asked. I saw Thalia glance up at me, then her nose twitched as she looked away. I let out a giggle, " Sorry, that was mean. I don't like her. But you do."

Thalia blushed and looked away. " Shut up, Jac-"

"Super hearing." I shift my foot to nudge her.

" But couldn't he tell from our conversation, already?" Thalia asked.

" He's not one for drama or romance in other people's life's. But names on people he doesn't know and is supposed to trust, he would most definitely tell someone." I watch the team, as they have a mental discussion once again. They would glance back at me then around to the other girls. I stood up, slipping my helmet on, "Anyway, it's getting late. We should probably head out."

" Alright, Riptide," Thalia laughed, then followed me to the group, " See you at the next war."

I rolled my eyes, " Hopefully before then." Thalia walked away, continuing with her duties. I readjust my helmet, trying to put it back on comfortably. I sit on the log next to RedHood. " You guys ready to go?"

" What did she mean, 'next war?'" Dick asked.

" There have been many wars that mortals were not involved in." Holy shit that was very formal.

" How many?" Wally asked.

" Two wars." I shifted uncomfortably, I didn't like talking about the wars and with a bunch of people who I didn't really know, included.

" When?" Artemis asked, " I feel like we would have known if two mythological wars happened."

" The first one was when Manhattan fell asleep, and the second one was a couple years ago."

" Do you have an year for the second war?" Artemis asked.

" Artemis-" Dick shot her a look.

" Nah, it's fine." I shrugged, " probably a year or so after the first war."

" How old were you?" Megan asked softly.

" I think it is best if we leave." Kaldur stood up, obviously sensing my stress and discomfort.

I tried to hide my chuckle, " Way to be subtle, Kal."

Everyone shifted but got up. " He's being dramatic," I start as we walk back, " Oh, wait up, I need to tell Artemis we're leaving."

" I'll go with you." Red Hood said. Kaldur and I glanced at him then each other.

" Alright, then. Hurry up, I'm sure it's past most of your bed times." I nodded my head back to the camp.

" Oh, what about your bed time?" Jason asked.

" Easy. I don't sleep." I shrugged.

" Is that so, Percy?" Redhood took off his helmet.

I stiffened. How the hell? I kept walking, looking at him, " That's not my name. And who names their kid Percy?"

" Your parents." Jason laughed, " You can try and convince me all you want, but I know it's you."

I didn't reply, trying to plan my next steps carefully. I wish Annabeth was here, she is a lot better at this then me. Quickly, stepping into the tent with Jason behind me, who I heard gasp out a cuss, and sat down on the pillows. " We're leaving."

" I hope you enjoyed your stay." Artemis bowed her head.

" Thank you for having us." Jason bowed his head, " I hope I didn't scare anyone or make them uncomfortable."

" Yeah, you were alright bucket head." Thalia shrugged, " See you around, Cuz."

I stood up with Jason and shoved him out the tent flap, " Percy, a word."

" Stay here." I told Jason. Sitting back down, " Yes?"

" He's a good man, Percy." Artemis asked, " Some people were not made for marriage or a romantic companion. But some people are."

" You are, Percy." Thalia said.

" He has my blessing, he is a good, fair man. Not that he is your only option. But you two would be good together." Artemis smiled at me. It was a bit weird, that a goddess who looked eleven, was giving me relationship advice.

" Thank you, M'lady." I bow my head. Standing up, I walk out the tent flap. " Alright, Buckethead, let's get going."

" Not you, too." Jason said.

" Can I ask you something?" I turn and look at him, " How did you know?"

He stopped, " You didn't try to conceal your voice. And you have the same mannerisms. Plus, I listened to the phone you had with Dick when he found out you and your cousins knew, 'Fish Face' is quite a unique nickname. Dick probably would have caught on too, if he hadn't been so worried about what happened between you two. He regrets whatever happened." Jason took of his helmet to look at me.

I take off mine and hold it in one arm, " Me, too."

" What did happen, if I can ask?" Jason asked, as we both slowly started walking to the ship.

" He kissed me."

" Poor Dickie, can't even kiss a girl correctly." Jason sighed.

" No, no, no, it wasn't that. I was upset and he asked. I said yes, we kissed and now I'm confused." I groaned, gripping the bun on my head.

" About what?" Jason asked. For this big macho act he tries to keep up, he is a really good listener.

" My feelings towards him. At first I thought I did like him, but now it's mixed up with the bad feeling I had when we kissed. And it feels weird." I shrugged. Every time I think about it, it makes my stomach sick.

" Just take time to yourself. Figure out how you feel." Jason puts a hand on my shoulder, " Don't worry about it though."

" Yeah, but I just have to ignore Dick for two weeks. Then I'll be home free." Sighing, I continue out normal pace to the ship, leaving Jason to catch up.

" What do you me-"

" There you are guys!" Wally said, skidding to a stop. I turn around quickly and Jason steps in front of me. Slipping my helmet back on, I turn back around. Wally looks between the two do us, " We were, um, we were starting to get worried."

" Yeah, we were just heading that way, Kiddie." Jason said.

" Come on, man. It's Kid Flash." Wally groaned and walked away.

" We'll talk about this later." Jason said, the followed me to the ship.

1516 words

11/22/21

So, happy early thanksgiving for those Americans. Next chapter might be soon but not be. I'm kinda bored with no school, so...

Pieces Angels and Stay Safe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 193 7
If you haven't read Son of Poseidon (PercyJackson x Batfam) these one-shots have a bit of reference to them so you might want to read it first, but y...
388K 8.9K 38
I quickly stood up from my chair and kicked it away. My face turning red from embarrassment. "You can do this, you can do this" I chanted to myself a...
295K 9.8K 38
After the wars, after all the people she lost, Percy was tired. She was done with the mythical world, all she wanted was peace. So she returned home...
18.4K 576 25
DC Series Book One "No don't..." But her arms go up and the mesmerizing portals appear. Through the portal closest to them, the boys can see grass an...