𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡...

By haleyboook

druig x oc ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── "I'll love you until the day the sky comes falling down on us." "Only... More

prologue
beginnings
averted gazes
party
sky fall
repercussions
natural born leader
mission
quit it
cosmic coldness
phastos
history
jealousy
confiding in friends
confrontation
dreams
slip ups
engagement
sersi x ikaris wedding
suppressed emotions
expose secrets
home
final battle
departure
new community
drunken adventures
rings
small details
future
yellow
family
unknown identity
my wife
remember me
memorials
makkari returns
liability
the night she left
finding serendipity
ignorance is bliss
compromise
ikaris' betrayal
more than a betrayal
Q & A
emergence
killing tiamut
ajak's betrayal
life restored
storybook wedding
saying goodbyes
epilogue

grovel

15.7K 540 581
By haleyboook

╔═══════☆♡☆═══════╗
"Slipping through my
fingers all the time."
╚═══════☆♡☆═══════╝

⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷《 ✮ 》⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷

I stare at Druig with an annoyed look on my face as he stands by the swarm of humans holding daisies. I shake my head and say "What are you doing?" Daisies.

"I'm trying to apologize."

I shake my head and says "We are not talking about this with everyone here." He looks around and the humans disperse. "Who's everyone?" He attempts a smile and says "I remember giving you that daisy, because I saw you admiring them. The second I woke up on the ship I saw your beautiful face. I thought that I wanted to see that face every morning waking up. I messed up Gaia.. Like seriously and disgustingly messed up."

I cross my arms and say "You said horrible and disgusting things to me."

He nods and walks towards me. "I know. I never should have spoken to you that way." He steps closer and I put my hands out and say "Nope. Not a step closer. Also don't enter my mind like that again. I mean it."

He nods and "Alright. Understood."

I narrow my eyes at him and say "You slept with a woman."

He nods and says "That's a very blunt statement of what happened."

"It's what happened."

He sighs and says "Yeah. I made a mistake. A huge one and I'm tired of hiding from you. This past week is the longest I've ever gone without you beside me and it's been the worst week of my life. And I needed you.."

I get snarky and say "Gross. You're being a sap. It was actually only 6 days."

He scoffs and says "Not funny."

I bite down on my lip and say "You thought I slept with Thor and Loki."

He nods and says "I wasn't using my brain."

I nod and look to my slippers. God he probably gets a kick out of my slippers and bed head right now. I chime in "I should have communicated with you before I left."

He shrugs and says "I was being spiteful and a shitty person. You have every right to hate me."

I scoff and say "I told you I couldn't hate you."

He nods and says "Yeah, also that you couldn't love me either."

I cross my arms and rock back and forth on my heels. "I don't forgive you. But you shouldn't forgive me either. I said shitty things to you. Also the fact that I may not have told the team to be mad at you but they still are. I'm not going to fix that for you."

"I don't care about the team. They can be mad at me for however long they'd like. I just want my friend back. I also don't forgive you."

I smile and shake my head "It's not funny. Gah. You aren't my friend either. I don't think you ever have been, more of a work colleague right?"

He scoffs and says "Rude."

I nod and say "You deserve it."

He nods and says "Hey from here on out you can have an opinion on the women I pick up."

I scoff and he says defensively "Not that there would be others! No! No! I... nevermind." I nod and say "You're gonna have to walk on egg shells for a long time Druig." He nods and says "Sounds exhausting." I shoot a blast towards him and he jumps out of the way. He gasps and says "You can't do that."

"You and I need to train and get our anger out soon. Or else one of us will snap again."

He shakes his head and says "I'm not exactly look forward to fighting you." Makkari and the others stand outside the base and Kingo says "Oh hell no."

I smirk and say to Druig "I just ate a penis shaped pancake Kingo made me." He shakes his head and says "Not surprising." I back away from him and say "I'm sure I'll be seeing you.." He nods and I turn my back to him heading towards the group. Sprite says "I'm telling him to-" I smile to Sprite and say "Leave him be, Sprite wanna help me with my braids in my room?"

She shrugs and says "Sure."

Makkari follows us and Gilgamesh says "Why is he here?"

Druig sighs and heads towards the house. He walks past them and Thena says "we are still mad right?" Sersi says "Yes." Druig nods to them as he passes by.

⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷《 ✮ 》⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷

Later that night:

Ajak sits beside me as I drink my late night cup of tea. I roll the cup on the bottom and she says "So, you had a calm conversation with Druig." I look up and say "He spoke with you." She nods and says "We never lost touch." I nod and say "Of course."

She lifts my chin gently and tilts her head to me. She smiles and says "We love you Gaia." I nod and say "Of course. Love you guys too." She kisses the top of my head and says "Did he apologize?" I nod and she says "Did you forgive him?" I nod no and say "No. Not yet. He hasn't forgiven me yet either. I should apologize sincerly too I guess." She ruffles my hair and says "Probably."

I look to Ajak and say "Sersi and Ikaris?"

She smiles and says "Our own little team romance I suppose."

I nod and say "They're pretty cute together I suppose." She says "I'm going to head to bed. Don't stay up too late alright?" I nod and say "Of course." I walk to my room with my cup of tea and I see Druig exiting his room. We make eye contact and I walk by just leaving the semi awkwardness alone. He says "Gaia."

god put that accent away. I'm supposed to not forgive you yet.

I turn back around and hum "Hm?" He says "Late night cookie talk?" I bite my bottom lip and say "Fine." He sighs and says "Try not to sound too disappointed." I smile and say "Shut up, I'm more disappointed that Gil and Kingo ate all the chocolate chip cookies."

He nods and crosses his arms. "I happen to know a recipe y'know." I shake my head and say "Oh...no. no..." He walks away and I groan. Did I just agree to baking with Druig?

"So reader, are we about to enter into a youtube baking video now?" Gaia turns away from you and walks down the hall to find Druig. I smile to myself as everythings beginning to feel as it should. I suck in my cheeks and compose myself. I am not entering that room smiling.

I enter the kitchen and immediately upon arrival in the kitchen Druig chucks a handful of flour in my face. Oh it's on. So on. I wipe the flour off my eyes and grab two eggs and immediately crack them over his head. He gasps and throws more flour at me.

"Agh! St-" I slip on the flour on the ground and smack against the ground. I groan but pull Druig down with me. His elbow digs into my stomach during our fall and I groan. "Get... off of me."

He groans and says "You cracked eggs on top of my head." I nod and say "You got flour in my eyes." He laughs and I punch his shoulder saying "I hate you." He nods and says "Sure thing." I push him off me and stand up rubbing my ribs. "You landed on me. It hurt."

He chuckles and says "You being blunt and to the point is new."

I nod and say "You don't deserve my humor and long antidotes."

He says sarcastically "Ohh what a shame.." I groan and say "And you said we were making cookies." He smiles and rolls onto his side to look at me. I stare at the ceiling and I see him watching me out of the corner of my eye and I squeeze a pile of flour and poof it into his face.

He coughs out flour and pushes me.

I giggle and he says "Who makes more oatmeal raisin cookies than chocolate chip cookies?"

"Haters. That's who."

He laughs and I climb to my feet. He stands up and we start actually baking the chocolate chip cookies and for just a little while everything feels right. I look to Druig as I mix the batter and I scoop some in my hand and smear it across his nose and lips. He grabs my hand stopping it from moving and we stand there completely still. Not daring to move.

I grin presses to my lips and he delicately says "Your hand is touching my lips."

I smile and say "Look who's the blunt one now." He licks his lips with the cookie dough on them and says "I think...I think you mixed up salt and sugar...Oh my god." He breaks away from me and runs to the garbage can. He spits out the cookie dough and I say "You liar. I know I used sugar." I take a bite of the of the cookie dough and he smiles knowing what's about to happen.

I attempt to keep it down but I push him out of the way and spit out the disgusting cookie dough. He laughs and I groan. "Okay... maybe I did put the wrong ingredient in."

He nods and says "You think?"

I chuck cookie dough at him and he immediately ducks. He gasps and I laugh at it sticking on the wall above him. I giggle and he laughs. "Don't start a fight you can't handle."

I scoff and say "You doubt my skills?"

He nods and says "For sure." I hurl a glob of cookie dough and nail him right in the forehead.

We hear a throat clear and my eyes widen. I turn and see Makkari standing there. Oh shit.

I sign quickly "I haven't forgiven him. This was simply me letting off steam and not physically harming him." She nods and walks towards me. She pats my shoulder and gives me a wink. What is she planning? She dives her hand into the bowl and chucks a baseball size amount of cookie dough across the counter landing a hit at Druig.

He gasps and attempts to avoid our team up of attacks. Makkari and I laugh as we cover him in cookie dough. I run around in circles with Makkari as Druig attempts to confiscate the bowl. I grab the bag of oatmeal raisin cookies and throw each of the cooked cookies at Druig to slow him down as he chases us. We run out of dough and I sprint towards the kitchen my hand squeezing Makkari's when I make a comic style slip on the dough on the ground.

I swear my feet went higher then my head on the slip. Something you see out of a novel. Makkari tumbles and her butt lands directly on my abdomen. She nods and smiles. She signs "This is pretty comfortable."

I push her off me and say "I need to shower. You have this mess all covered for clean up right? Good. Enjoy the clean up Druig. Also, I still don't forgive you."

Makkari laughs with me as we walk away. He groans and says "I'm not cleaning this up." He walks away with his eyes gold, humans enter the house and begin cleaning up the kitchen. Working very hard to get it spotless.

Drug bites into his pear and nods at the humans cleaning up for him.

3 hours later-

Druig is asleep in his room now. Makkari is asleep beside Gaia in her bed. Snoring loudly and mumbling in her sleep as usual.

Kingo groans as he walks out of his bedroom to get a late night glass of water. He flips on the lights in the kitchen and sees about 20 humans standing in the kitchen.

and Kingo being Kingo lets out the highest pitch squeal in fear. He screams "DRUIG!!!"

⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷《 》⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷

a/n: hi.... hope you guys don't hate me too much. does this chapter help at all? Happy chapter? Trust me Druig isn't going to be forgiven quite yet. But I wanted to lighten the mood at least a little. Man do I want cookies now. I just watched jungle cruise and currently, I'm watching Thor ragnarok pretty good night I have to say. Anyway, I am working on my makkari fic but I can't find a good face for my oc, I actually got her name from this chapter so you'll get to enjoy it pretty soon.
Any recommendations on who to use as the face of Makkari's lover? Kind of want to use someone with interesting powers, Gaia, aka Yennifer from the witcher fits this story so well, I just want to find someone similar for love barriers, oop- there's the title of the fic. You're gonna get to learn how Makkari lost her hearing in the book...
:( Anyway, thoughts on this chapter? Are you guys still sticking around with me? Am I dragging this on too long? I'm gonna move to the present in maybe 5 or so chapters I believe. Okie dokie, question to be answered below.

Q&A: What time is it for you right this second?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 5.1K 32
"We are Infinite." In which a powerful, unloved girl finds purpose in the hands of beings greater than infinity. "She believed she could, and so sh...
49.3K 1.1K 28
An MCU Eternals and Druig x fem!oc book, meaning I make a character, you play them, your love interest is Druig and this story takes place in the mov...
68.2K 3.4K 28
"What's the point in being seen as gods if we can't save those who need us?" "That's the thing. We aren't gods. Not really". Druig x Male OC Marvel E...