𝑆𝐼𝐿𝑉𝐸𝑅 𝑊𝐼𝑆𝑇𝐸𝑅𝐼𝐴...

By yellelovestoread

━━━━ 𝑪𝑶𝑵𝑼𝑵𝑫𝑹𝑼𝑴 was deeply tangled in her vines. However, the... More

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒
𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀
━━ICHI
━━NI
━━SAN
━━YON
━━GO
━━ROKU
━━NANA
━━HACHI
━━KYŪ
━━JŪ
━━JŪICHI
━━JŪNI
━━JŪSAN
━━JŪSHI
━━JŪGO
━━JŪROKU
━━JŪSHICHI
━━JŪHACHI
━━JŪKU
━━NIJŪ
━━NIJŪICHI
━━NIJŪNI
━━NIJŪSAN
━━NIJŪSHI
━━NIJŪGO
━━NIJŪNANA
━━NIJŪHACHI
━━NIJŪKU
━━SANJŪ
━━SANJŪICHI
━━SANJŪNI
━━SANJŪSAN
━━SANJŪSHI
━━SANJŪGO
━━SANJŪROKU
━━SANJŪNANA
━━SANJŪHACHI
━━SANJŪKU
━━YONJŪ
━━YONJŪICHI
━━YONJŪNI

━━NIJŪROKU

1.7K 91 9
By yellelovestoread

NAO WAS COMPLETELY CAUGHT OFF GUARD. His inquiry made her flustered. She was scanning certain cues on his face in case he was asking it as a joke, but she had found nothing. It was a sincere question coming from the setter.

What does he even mean by that?

She asked herself. Because what she had comprehended from his question made her cheeks heat up in embarrassment. She did not want to assume anything.

Suga—does he—?

Nao stopped herself. She would not dare finish that thought. How presumptuous of her.

I mean—Sugawara having feelings for—no!

She immediately erased that brazen assumption. How could she interpret such a thing? Sugawara was just being hypothetical. He was asking it only as a friend.

You have read too many shoujo manga, Nao! Get a grip!

Nevertheless, no matter how much she tried on erasing that very idea, there was still a fifty percent probability that she was right.

And him, asking her that if she would feel the same way. How should she answer that?

Who wouldn't like one Sugawara Kōshi?

Nao was hesitating to give her answer. Sugawara noticed that. He then snorted, running his fingers through his dark gray locks.

"Ne, ne. What's that serious look Nao-chan?" He began to laugh, poking at her cheek. Nao gazed at him, quite incredulous.

Wha—?!

"Forget about it, you don't have to answer that question anymore." The setter told her, waving his hand in dismissal. He proceeded to go to his team, turning his back to her. Nao was looking at him in bewilderment. Pondering what just happened.

Sugawara then paused as he thought of something, moving around to revert his gaze at the girl. He grinned as he saw that he still had her attention. "You know, in exchange for that, you should go on a date with me!"

Everyone heard his unforeseen proposition. All of their scrutiny was now switched to the vice-captain and the younger Fuji. Some of his teammates gaped, staggered at what he had said. Did they hear it right?

They could not believe how sudden and forward it was. Especially coming from the grey-haired setter.

Tanaka realized that his upperclassman was the first one to make a move. He then scanned around his fellow players, noticing the somber atmosphere slowly slinking in. However, Sugawara appeared to be unperturbed.

The latter's attention was wholly at Nao, flashing her his distinct beaming smile.

"I'll let you decide where to go." He told her. "It can be any place you like." He continued, winking afterwards.

That somehow did it. She was now a blushing mess. Thoughts about their supposed date came careening in her head. Doubled with that wink. It was uncalled for. Her cheeks were glowing a rubescent shade.

"Just tell me—and I'll be there."

Suga basked from her reaction. Finding it amusing, and at the same time—adorable.

"Nao-chan."

Nao was standing outside the gate, waiting for Ushijima. Arms folded as the memory of Suga asking her out in front of his team remained in her mind. It would not go away. 

Nao-chan.

She remembered his new nickname for her. It was said with an affectionate drawl. Emphasizing every syllable.

How could he remain calm like that? And where did he get such confidence? She was marveled by the very existence of Sugawara Kōshi.

He was like the male-lead characters of the Shoujo graphic novels that she had read. The archetypal love interest.

Was she right all along? Did that mean that he had feelings—

No. That can't be. And besides, she did not even agree to the date yet! Should she go for it? Nao wondered if only she had answered his question in the first place—this could have easily been avoided.

What would Toshi-kun think?

Speaking of the Shiratorizawa captain, Nao saw him walking towards her. He was dressed in his volleyball attire.

"Nao-chan."

Hearing Ushijima say that nickname instead felt more natural. She then beamed at him.

"Toshi-kun."

He looked composed—an exact stark contrast to the Karasuno team.

The two then strode inside. They saw the players already in their positions. Ushijima began his brief warm up before proceeding to the court, stretching his limbs and muscles to prepare for the game.

"Good luck." Nao whispered, giving him a light pat on his back. The ace then smiled as he had heard her. "Thank you." He uttered back.

The Shiratorizawa captain moved to the vacant spot beside the raven-haired Karasuno player. It was the same person that Nao was having a conversation awhile ago.

He saw him tilted his head in recognition. The ace offered a similar gesture as well.

The two of them looked incredibly fearsome when put together. Hinata gulped upon realizing it, growing pale by the second.

The whistle started to blare and the ball began to maneuver onwards.

"Did the game just start?"

Ren asked while he hurriedly approached her. He was followed by his friends, tagging along to watch the match.

"Woahhis that Ushi-nii-san?" One of the children said in an excited manner. The boy held the same reaction as Ren when he first saw Ushijima.

"The one and only." Nao chuckled, nodding in reply. She returned her gaze back to the game.

The ball began to swerve in a brisk speed. It went upwards and then motioned to the side of the opponents. Daichi immediately received it, ricocheting the ball forwards for Sugawara to set.

The grey-haired player moved to toss it to one of his teammates. He saw Asahi preparing to make a jump, but out from the corner of his eye, Sugawara also saw the rookie decoy moving behind him.

Their opponents ran, about to block the Karasuno ace. The setter then decided to pass it to Hinata, throwing it in his direction.

The orange-haired middle blocker smiled upon seeing the ball going towards him. He then spurred to hit it right on the palm of his hand, striking it beyond the net.

Nao gazed at the latter, amazed at the height of his leap.

Nishinoya discerned that Hinata was going to make the smash. He proceeded to stretch his arms to catch it—just in time. Cheers began to resonate as the ball moved up. All eyes on it.

Kageyama's focus was on the said sphere, outstretching to set with his hands on impulse as it went to him. It touched his fingertips. He then pushed it above his head, tossing it backwards while he took a big step to lean his leg forwards.

Her eyes widened in astonishment. She never saw someone made that kind of set. It was like as if he did not need to look in order to know where the ball would go. He was certain that it would eventually arrive to the target.

She had realized that Kageyama was indeed an amazing setter.

A prodigy.

The ball then maneuvered towards the Shiratorizawa ace—the same as Kageyama had predicted. Nao watched as he leaped to prepare for the hit. Ushijima had drawn his arm to smash the ball, spiking it right down on the ground. Just missing Hinata by an inch.

It was powerful and swift.

The place had grown silent upon witnessing his attack. A feat only he could ever make. The onlookers started to cheer and clap, praising the Shiratorizawa ace. It was mostly her little brother who had made the noise.

Nao gazed at Ushijima—in awe. It was indeed impressive. She was happy that she was able to see him play like that. Looking at this angle, he appeared to be different.

Like he's becoming more hand—

She shook the thought in an instant, blushing at the idea. What are you saying, Nao? That's Toshi-kun we're talking about!

His olive orbs began to scan for her amidst the bustling crowd. The two then locked eyes. She felt her heart thrumming in her chest. He promptly turned his gaze to look at her once he had made that spike. Wanting to know if she had seen it. His lips tugged into a smile when he spotted that her focus was on him. Only at him.

Somehow—looking at Ushijima, she was now perceiving the latter in a different light—as if she was just seeing him for the very first time.

▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257 19 18
-Ushijima Wakatoshi x female reader- "You are 100 times better than what I imagined" "You're imagining me? That's surprising." "Well, that's your fau...
460K 13.9K 31
𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐝𝐚𝐲. half edited half snapchat fic osamu x fem reader (she/th...
5.7K 210 30
━━━━━ 𝑫𝑬𝑪𝑨𝑫𝑬𝑺 into a hundred─𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 ...
110K 3.5K 39
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘺𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘶𝘣𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢�...