JRWI tings :P

By totally-bones

heyooo i havent used this app in a while- i'm just really here to get out my ideas on things i'm hyperfixated... More

Howdy
No.1
No.2
No.3
No.4
No.5
No.6
No.7
No.8
No.9
No.10
No.11
No.12
No.13
No.14
No.15
No. 16
No.17
No.18
No.19
No.20
No.20 (alternate ending!)
No.21
No. 22
No. 23
No.24
No.25
No.26
No. 27
No.28
No.29
No.30
No.31
No.31 [Part Two]
No. 32
No.33
No.34
No.35
No.36
No.37
No. 38
No. 39
No.40
No.41
No.42
No.44
No. 45
No. 46
No. 47
No. 48
No. 49
No. 50
No.51
No. 52
No. 52 (pt.2)
No. 53
No.54
No.55
No. 56
No.57
No.58
No.59
No.60
No.61
No. 62
No.63
No. 64
No. 65
No.66
No. 67
No. 68
No. 69
No. 70
No. 71
No. 72
No. 73
No 74
No. 75
No.76
No. 77
No. 78
No. 79

No.43

385 13 7
By totally-bones

//Riptide Campaign :')

Uhhhh,, poly pirates and Gillion has a little moment where he remembers polyamory is looked down upon, yk? idk i need a better reason for them to be all cute and shit rather than just saying i am sad give me fluff-

ANYWAY. 

I've had this idea for a while? I'd like to think that with Gillion learning more about the overseas, he's learning things that in the Undersea may seem more extreme to his overseas friends,, so to be safe, when saying endearments, he says them in his home tongue (I used Aquan since it was considered a dialect of Primordial, which is what Gillion is described to speak..!!), so he says super sweet shit in Aquan and just leaves whoever he said it to be all super confused-

Idk I think it's cute.  (I'll add the translations at the end of the fic..! So enjoy being confused for the time being along with Chip and Jay >:) )

I did a stupid amount of research before I found a genuine translator so. That was upsetting but also v interesting ;') Idek if its a good one, it just mixes up the alphabet that we know but honestly idk what I was expecting so we're just going with it! :'D

I know absolutely nothing about b o a t s or ships. At all. I'm just using how the JRWI crew describe The Albatross and where the crew go for different things (in episode 15 Chip went to the lower deck from the main deck to his hammock - so their sleeping arrangements to me are on the second deck. yk?) Anyways what I'm trying to say is I apologise in advance for not knowing fancy names for things. 

Also,, n o this hasn't been in my drafts for a week because I'm not happy with it, shut up. :') I fear the ending is kinda rushed, but at the same time I wanted to finish this and just publish it so I can stop staring at it ^^;; 

TW// absolutely none. Cry from fluff with me. Just happy idiots. That's it that's the fic. Yes, this is poly pirates because I just want them to be soft and happy and they love each other in this essay I will-

------

Gillion's time overseas had been... insightful. That was definitely a way to describe it. He had learned during his few months around Chip, Jay and others they'd come across, that his traditions and anything related to his home or people seemed 'extreme' to those who were not from his home. So... everyone. But as of late, the triton had learned of a way around that! Usually, if it wasn't about traditions or ceremonies of his people, the way he spoke seemed strange to his friends. So he supposed if he had wanted to say something to them and was unsure if it was more intense than he understood, then he'd say it in his native language. 

When he had first thought of this idea, Gillion worried if it was considered deceptive, though through much consideration, and consulting in Pretzel's insight, it was more to save him and whoever he conversed with any discomfort with how Gillion said things. So he'd like to think it was more thoughtful than deceptive. Besides, if anyone asked what he had said or why he had switched to Primordial, then he'd happily explain. This way, Gillion finally felt he'd be able to express his affections towards Chip and Jay more freely.

Gillion had come up with that plan a week or so ago. And he hadn't had to really implement the plan into his daily life as much as he had thought. The three had become so busy with having found Drey in The Block along with Marshall John. Everything was so hectic, especially with Jay and Chip having found a relative and a dear friend after so many years of not knowing of his state... Though this morning seemed to be different. 

Jay had always seemed to have nightmares (or he supposed they were more night terrors, as Jay had called them) ever since Gillion had known her. Many times he'd have woken up in the middle of the night to the sound of the hatch closing behind the redhead as she left to go to the top deck, or even just waking up to Chip comforting her. Gillion had always left Chip to comfort Jay. He seemed much more familiar with it, and Gillion feared he'd worsen her condition if he suddenly burst out of his barrel to comfort her. But there was something he could always help Jay with...

"Stupid fucking-!" Gillion's head perked up from where he was sat on his barrel as something hard was thrown at one of the many posts that supported Chip's hammock. Looking to where the noise had come from, a comb was laying on the floor, a few of the bristles having broken off from the force of impact, looking over to where it had flown from, a frustrated and seemingly very tired Jay Ferin sat on her hammock, her red locks covering her face as she propped her elbows on her knees and held her head in her hands. Whenever Jay had previously had a bad night, she was more irritable the following morning. Which was understandable, of course. But just because it was justified and valid did not mean that had to be her state of mind for the whole day. And Gillion knew a way to help when Jay struggled like this in the mornings. 

The triton, wordlessly, placed down his armour that he was starting to don, wearing his sleeveless turtleneck and some loose cotton trousers. He made his way over the comb that Jay had thrown, picking it up and smiling sadly at the few chipped or completely broken bristles. He then made his way to a nearby crate, one that belonged to Jay. It was filled with things she needed for her hygiene. He saw a spare comb and smiled to himself, grabbing it and setting the broken one to the side of the crate. Gillion looked up and saw Jay's position on her hammock, nothing having changed except for a few sniffles from underneath her long hair covering her face. Gillion quickened his pace as he made his way to Jay, crouching down in front of her and speaking up softly, so he didn't startle her.

"Jay..? Would you like some assistance with your hair? I grabbed a new comb, so you wouldn't get any wooden chips in your hair..." Gillion's expression softened even more, if it was possible, as he caught a glimpse at Jay's face. Hair had started to stick to her cheeks as tears were blurring her eyes. She was exhausted and angry and... just tired. And Gillion could feel it without her having described her feelings or having said anything. She looked to the new comb in the triton's hand as she slowly lifted her head, rubbing at her eyes quickly before she nodded. 

"Y-yeah... Yeah, that'd be really helpful, Gill. Th-thanks... I just-"

"You need not explain anything... Did you want to stay on your hammock or would you like to sit on something less... swingy-"

Jay seemed to chuckle, sniffing and wiping again at her eyes, shaking her head. "M'fine here, Gill. Thanks..." She handed him a small hair tie, smiling softly down at him. Gillion only nodded and got up from his crouching position, putting the hair tie around his wrist as he walked around to behind Jay. He saw a few tangles and knots from where she had gotten more and more frustrated with herself, having made the knots, ironically, with the comb. 

Gillion carefully started to section Jay's hair, making smaller sections to save him from pulling at her hair whilst brushing through it any more than he would've already. The last thing he wanted to do was to hurt her. As he started to comb through the tangles, Gillion, as he always did, apologised every time he felt any resistance against the brushing motions, though Jay felt little to none of the tugging that Gillion was apologising for... In fact, she had started to fall asleep after a few minutes of Gillion brushing her hair, finding it calming, especially with how gentle he was. Gillion wasn't oblivious to Jay doing this, it was quite obvious, though he had no real problems with it... It only reassured Gillion that he was helping Jay's morning frustrations, and that was all he was concerned with. 

It took Gillion a while longer with doing Jay's hair. There were more knots in it that he had to brush through, and he wanted to make sure he was as careful, so most of the extra time was spent with further sectioning of her hair or concentrating on small sections part by part. Despite the time taken, the end result was definitely worth it. Jay grinned up at Gillion as she ran her fingers through her now wavy and tangle-free hair.

"Gods... thank you, Gillion. I... It was just a bad morning, y'know? Small things were getting to me and..." She trailed off, letting out a tired and heavy sigh before standing up, then making her way around the hammock to hug Gillion. Gilion was taken aback by the gesture, though he returned it as quickly as he regained his standing and his composure. He smiled softly, feeling Jay mumble her explanations into his chest, small annoyed huffs and other noises to further describe her morning thus far. Gillion silently listened, the only time he had broken his silence was to offer small hums and other noises of acknowledgement, to show he was listening. He rubbed small circles into her back, and because of this, during Jay's explanations of her morning, the annoyance seemed to slowly cut back. After a minute or so, she seemed to just stand there, collecting herself as the two continued to hug. 

It was something Gillion had noticed for a while now, that Jay seemed to be easily relaxed by simple gestures of affection, one of the more effective ones being hugs. He came to realise that the feeling of being held and how safe and grounding that can be seemed to calm her, especially when having to battle through any anxieties, it was always a go-to way of helping her. As the two stood there, Gillion spoke up softly. 

"Would you like me to tie your hair up..? If so, in your usual ponytail? Or something else..?" Jay pulled away from the embrace, funnily enough leaving Gillion to feel less secure, despite the embrace initially being for her.

"Sorry- forgot about that, uh... yeah. A simple ponytail is fine... it makes my mess of a hair more manageable for the day..." Jay chuckled as she turned to face away from Gillion, pulling her hair back towards the triton.

"Do not be silly, dear Jay. Your hair is never a mess, even on the days it is a struggle to maintain... Yua piwis geom vu muul muwimz, fies." 

Jay's brows furrowed at Gillion's words, at first thinking she had just misheard him from being tired. Though as she thought more of what he could've possibly said, nothing in common came to mind... After a few more seconds of debating, she recognised it as Pimoridial. It took a few more times of Jay replaying the phrase in her head to translate what Gillion had said, her anxieties and frustrations a few minutes ago having taken a toll on her train of thought. The second she did understand what Gillion had mumbled, she felt herself start to smile. She kept the knowledge of what Gillion had said to her to herself, finding it endearing that he had said anything like that at all. Gillion seemed to pause when he noticed Jay give a small chuckle to herself. 

"Jay..? Are you alright? I haven't hurt you have I?" Gillion's worry was evident through his words, making Jay regain her composure after a small cough to clear her throat. 

"N-No! No, you're fine, Gill, no worries. Just uh... Just though of something funny. That's all. You didn't hurt me..." Jay felt herself grin like before as she reassured Gillion she was alright. Gillion had always been considerate, but as of late, the gentleness of his words and his actions had seemed different. Especially with Gillion's mumble of endearment a few seconds ago. She wasn't sure why this struck her as different, all she did know of was the immediately relief the moment her hair was off of her shoulder and out of her face, turning to see a gentle smile on Gillion's features.

"Does that feel any better, Jay? You seem content-"

"Of course it feels better, Gill. You're a real lifesaver, don't be all modest. I would've gotten so annoyed I'd cut it all off or something, I swear..." Jay chuckled softly, giving a small grin to signal to Gillion she was in fact joking, which saved the triton having to express his worries. 

"I am only glad to be of help, Jay... Are you feeling up for breakfast? I do recommend eating something, especially after a bad night..." 

Jay seemed to think for a minute, only nodding and offering a small smile. "Yeah, no you're right... I'll probably have something small though, m'not too hungry..." Jay hesitated to meet Gillion's eyes after she said this, afraid she had worried him by what she said, though all she was met with was an understanding smile.

"Of course..! Well, in that case, we best get to Earl and see what he's made for us so kindly this morning..!" Gillion gave his signature grin, then offered his hand towards Jay, which she happily took as she rolled her eyes fondly.

"It should be criminal for you to be so upbeat in the morning like this, y'know." Gillion only laughed, his laugh being warm and still soft, especially compared with his normal boisterous laughter. It was nice... 

Another time for Gillion to be more affectionate towards his co-captains was yet again when he was able to be of help to them. He had found Chip standing to the side of the main deck on his own, watching on as Drey, Ollie and Jay all spoke with each other, Ollie mostly interrogating Drey since he was a new face. Gillion also suspected Ollie's interest in Drey had something to do with him being a relative of Jay's, but if that was the case, he wouldn't mention it. 

Gillion had noticed Chip's distancing of the conversation once he finished his very close game of chess against Pretzel. He lifted his head to hear Drey's laughter at one of Ollie's questions, asking something along the lines of the 'coolest adventure he's been on'. He grinned at Ollie's embarrassed reaction to Drey's laughter, and the immediate change in expression as Drey started to tell Ollie of an adventure he and the Black Rose Pirates had been on. His eyes slowly trailed over to Chip, seeing him leaning against the wall of the quarterdeck, near the stairs leading to it.

Gillion quietly excused himself from Pretzel's company, congratulating her on a good game before turning her globe to allow her to listen in to the conversation between Drey, Jay and Ollie. Gillion then made his way over to Chip, leaning against the wall next to him before looking over at him, speaking up. 

"Are you alright, Chip..?"

Chip blinked quickly and cleared his throat, crossing his arms before meeting Gillion's eyes. Chip's hardened look softened at the triton's worried look as he awaited an answer. Chip sighed quietly and looked away from Gillion.

"M'all good, Gill. Just got a headache or somethin'." Chip didn't need to see Gillion's face to know that Gillion knew he was lying. 

"Chip..."

"Y-yeah, yeah I know...M'sorry. I just... I guess I'm still getting used to Drey being here and... there's a lot of memories that come back with him, y'know? Most of 'em are nice..! But... there's always that night and I..." At this point, Chip took a small breath and turned to face Gillion properly. "It's still so vivid in my head, Gill. I don't even have to be asleep, it's just... sometimes when I look at Drey, I can hear and feel and see everything that happened when..." Chip trailed off, his voice wavering as he cleared his throat again, now hugging himself. "It's just... a lot. And it sucks... I know I said I'd start living for myself with you guys but... us finding Drey means that maybe I wasn't just being stupidly optimistic..! Right? Because if Drey survived then surely..." Gillion stopped Chip's rambling, putting a firm hand on his shoulder as he offered a gentle smile.

"Chip... You do not need to explain yourself as if I would be upset with you... I can only imagine how difficult that all must be for you, and the fact you've dealt with those memories coming back on your own is both very impressive, but also unnecessary. As you said..! We are all co-captains. Meaning responsibility is shared, whether it's a task on the ship or something personal we are struggling with...Myself and Jay will always be happy to support you in any way we can, you know this, right?" As Gillion spoke, he took his hand from Chip's shoulder and placed it on his cheek, cupping it softly.

Chip's expression seemed to change at Gillion's words, finding himself leaning into Gillion's hand. "I... I know that, yeah. 'Course I do. It's just... not always easy. And it isn't always the first thing I think of... I also didn't want you to... I don't know get annoyed? Since I brought up the whole being more hopeful about Arlin deal..." 

"I would never find myself angry or annoyed at you for hoping someone dear to you is alive... Neither would Jay. We all want Arlin and the crew of The Midnight Rose to be safe. I for one hope my grandfather is safe and well." Gillion smiled sadly at the mention of his grandfather, shaking his head as he continued. "What I'm trying to say is that... Do not hesitate to come to me or Jay if you're struggling like this... I understand it isn't easy, so there is never any pressure on doing so, but the option will always be there. Alright..?" 

Chip nodded slowly, a small smile appearing on his features as he leaned more into Gillion's hand that was still cupping his cheek, his own hand holding Gillion's. "Thanks, Gill... I uh... Really needed that-" Chip let out a breathy chuckle, seeming to have been holding a breath without knowing. He made note of how the weight in his chest had seemed to subside after Gillion's words, thanking him again mentally.

Gillion shook his head, speaking up softly, "I xomm emxezt ci jisi vu ieti zuas xussoit, fiesitv..."

Chip looked up, casting Gillion a confused look at what he said. Though before he could question it, a voice interrupted the two.

"Hey you two, sorry to interrupt your moment there but your Earl there made some juice for everyone, figured you might want some." 

As soon as he heard Drey's voice, Gillion took his hand away from Chip's cheek, Chip quickly turning to look to Drey. "What moment?! No moment had here! Hah- anyways juice? Juice is good, cool bye." Chip's flustered and rushed words seemed to come and go as he quickly walked by Drey, heading towards where Earl was handing Jay and Ollie some juice. Gillion suppressed the small chuckle that had started to build up in his chest, looking towards Drey and offering a small awkward smile. 

"I-"

"So... 'dearest', huh? Guess you two are a little more close than co-captains?" Drey seemed to grin at Gillion's reaction, almost matching Chip's when Drey said this. 

"I-I... I did not mean-"

"Don't get so panicked, Tidestrider. M'only teasing. You seem like a good kid... I definitely knew a lot more than I know now of Primordial, but it escapes me after being stuck in that shithole of a prison for so long..." Drey gave a small shrug, his smirk still present as he watched Gillion calm down from his previously embarrassed state.

"I... I have learned that meanings are different and maybe more affectionate up here than they are back home, so... I figured it would only make sense to say any endearments towards Chip or Jay in Primordial. That way I do not feel as if I am deceiving them when I am unable to express my... emotions, I suppose." As he explained, Gillion felt a small sinking feeling in his chest, realising what he had said. How he had, for the first time aloud, admitted his feelings towards both Jay and Chip...

Drey nodded slowly, seeming to catch onto Gillion's worries. He placed a hand on his shoulder. "Y'know, I usually live by the whole idea that you don't have to live by rules that aren't a part of where you are. For instance, you're not in the Underseas anymore, y'know? So what's the point in getting all freaked out. You're a part of a pirate crew for Gods' sake! Surely that ain't gonna be a positive in the Undersea's perspective. So who cares. As long as you're not hurtin' anyone who don't deserve it. I say who gives a damn." Drey grinned more and gave a single nod, patting Gillion's shoulder a few times before stretching. "Well, I'm gonna grab some of that old guy's juice that he made, looked pretty refreshing. You coming?" 

Gillion hesitated for a second, then offered a small and polite smile as he spoke. "I... I'm afraid not. I do appreciate your words though. I am glad to see you safe and glad that you're able to spend so much time with your niece and with Chip. I think I'll go and think about... things. I hope you all enjoy your juice." Gillion gave a courteous nod before excusing himself, making his way over to Pretzel and picking her up, fastening her globe onto his belt before he made his way down to the lower deck. 

Gillion took a seat on his barrel, unfastening Pretzel's globe from his belt as he held her carefully in his hands, looking towards her with a tired smile. She gave a small curious purr, to which Gillion only shook his head. "I am alright. I suppose I have a busy mind..." After this, he saw the worried look Pretzel gave him. Giving into her worry, Gillion then explained his talk with Drey and what he had seemed to admit to not only to Drey, but to himself as well. 

After his retelling of the conversation, Pretzel's worried look changed to a sympathetic one. She did a small twirl as she got closer to the front of her globe, a smaller and quieter purr this time. "I am here to... atone. To correct my wrongdoings, Pretzel... My Elders and my people made that very clear. I cannot allow myself to forget why I am here. Them finding me was... a wonderful thing for fate to do, and I am of course grateful for their company and their trust. But I am still... I am still, to my people... bad." As Gillion said this, he felt his shoulders slump, his head hanging low as he took a few deep breaths. 

Gillion wasn't a fan of conflicting thoughts and feelings. He definitely wasn't a fan of how he was feeling right now. Whenever he felt too many conflicting feelings or had too many thoughts all at once, he found it hard to rationalise. It wasn't a secret that Gillion couldn't fully understand grey areas, he had been taught and trained to believe that morals were black and white. There was good and evil, one could put it as simply as there are only heroes and villains. Right now, to his people, he was seen as bad. He was banished for his wrongdoings, which made Gillion Tidestrider... evil. But to Chip and Jay? What would he be seen as..? If Gillion was being honest, something he prided himself in always being, he cared more to know of their opinions of him rather than his people's, than his Elders'...

What did that say about him?

While Gillion continued to have his thoughts become more overbearing and loud, he was stopped by something touching his shoulder. Looking up, he saw the faces of Jay and Chip, looking at him worriedly. Looking from his shoulder and up at who the hand belonged to, it was Jay. 

"Gods, Gill, y'can't just sit there like that lookin' all creepy. You scared us." Chip chuckled quietly, his teasing tone dropping upon seeing Gillion's face. "Gill..? Are you okay...?" 

Jay frowned more seeing Gillion's face, carefully taking Pretzel's globe from his shaking hands (since when had he started to shake?), placing her gently onto a crate nearby. She turned back and just hugged him, not saying anything, but quickly being able to recognise an anxious and overthinking mind any time. Gillion seemed to be taken aback by the sudden hug, though he seemed to relax almost instantly as he hid his face into Jay's shoulder, returning the hug. Chip's worry seemed to grow at this, never seeing Gillion as troubled as he seemed to be right now. Without saying anything or asking anything, Chip joined in the hug, hugging the two from the side, only creating a more secure hold of the triton.

The three stayed like this for a minute or so until both Jay and Chip heard Gillion mutter something. Jay raised a brow as she pulled away from the hug, Chip doing the same, leaving Gillion to hug his stomach. "What was that, Gill?"

Gillion seemed to take a deep breath before repeating what he had asked. 

"I said... How do you both view me..?" For the first time, Gillion's voice was... timid. It was similar but not exactly like how he sounded back on Loffinlot. His voice now was more... afraid than lacking confidence. It was more unsure and almost... as if he was ashamed to ask. All the while, he didn't meet their eyes. Jay and Chip both shared a look mixing with confusion and worry. Despite this, Jay answered first.

"Well... For me, I think you're considerate and... almost scarily kind." Jay chuckled softly, continuing, "You hold your morals close, and that's definitely admirable. You try to find the best way to save everyone in a bad situation. I... I don't know..." As Jay's voice trailed off, Gillion remained how he was, not lifting his head to look them in the eyes. Jay looked to Chip and motioned for him to start. 

Chip sighed quietly, not out of annoyance, more so it was something he did when he was trying to think... He thought for a minute or so before he awkwardly rubbed at his neck, speaking up. "I think we... butt heads every now and then... and I know I say things in passing that are pretty unfair, but... I think that's more out of us acting differently in times of pressure, y'know? When I'm in a stressful situation, I usually go straight to panicking and trying to find the quickest way outta there... but you try and figure it out. You're uh... y'know. Brave. And you're quick to try to help someone if they're struggling." Gillion didn't notice, but Jay did. When Chip mentioned of if somebody struggles and Gillion's reaction to it, Chip had this soft look as he spoke, the look being cast directly at Gillion. A small smile of her own appeared at this. 

The two then looked towards their triton companion. Gillion slowly lifted his head, a sad smile on his features as his cheeks were wet from tears falling down them, his eyes still blurry as he looked to both Jay and Chip. The two in question seemed to share the same panicked expression before Gillion spoke up and they were stopped in vocalising their worries.

"I apologise for asking such a question to the both of you... But I do thank both of you for your words, they... mean a lot to me. They have also helped to confirm a few things..." Gillion seemed to trail off, looking as if he was going into a deeper train of thought. Jay and Chip, again, shared an expression, more of confusion than of worry.

"Hey... Gillion, what's going on? You can talk to us-" Gillion met with Jay's eyes as she asked her questions, Gillion hesitating for longer than he'd like to admit before reluctantly answering.

"I...I know that I can... I apologise for my hesitance. I recently came to a realisation of sorts. But upon this realisation, I realised another thing. That... my people would most likely disagree with me more than they already do. I was bani-... sent away so that I could atone for my sins. I worry that if I continue to allow myself to consider these feelings I have been experiencing any longer, I will only have more to atone for..."

Chip scoffed quietly and shook his head, crossing his arms as he spoke, "Gill, the Navy aren't good people. You getting sent away because you attacked an officer is a stupid punishment! You've got nothing to 'atone' for... and whatever feelings you're talking about, I'm sure it's fine as well! Y'shouldn't have to get so worked up over these things. I refuse to believe that you can do anything wrong, anyways." Chip chuckled softly, uncrossing his arms to place a hand on Gillion's shoulder. 

Chip's reassuring expression he held towards the triton changed as he felt Gillion flinch slightly at his touch, causing Chip to take his hand away slowly. "Gill..?"

"I-I cannot agree with your statements. I can do wrong. I have done wrong..." As Gillion trailed off once again, he muttered under his breath, "These feelings are wrong." 

At this, both Chip and Jay's faces immediately fell. Jay made the first move, saying nothing for a few seconds as she went in and hugged Gillion like she had before, then breaking the silence with a few simple words. "Whatever feelings you're having aren't wrong, Gillion. No matter if it's against your people's beliefs or not. You can't control feelings. It's okay..." 

Chip watched the two quietly, a small smile on his face as he watched Gillion seem to relax at Jay's reassuring words. He watched as Jay seemed to speak quieter, almost muttering something under her breath, all Chip being able to get was that she seemed to ask Gillion a question. A few seconds of silence passed between the two, still sharing the embrace before Gillion responded, just as quietly as Jay had spoken, if not even more so. Jay stayed quiet for a few moments, almost as if processing what Gillion's response had been, before she huffed and tightened her hold of him. Gillion didn't seem to return the gesture, a look of what Chip only assumed to be guilt on his features as he looked past Jay's shoulder and made eye contact with Chip. Jay pulled away and motioned for Chip to join her again, Chip doing so without much hesitation. 

"Gillion... can I tell Chip what you told me?" Her voice was soft, and she had a look of patience while talking to Gillion. Chip also noted a hint of colour flushing her cheeks, though he didn't mention it. Gillion nodded unsurely, once again avoiding any eye contact. Jay turned to Chip and smiled gently, speaking up, her voice still as soft as it had been before. "Gillion told me what the feelings he was having were... In the Undersea, polyamory is seen as a sin..." Jay raised a brow slowly, watching Chip's face for any kind of sign he had understood what she meant.

It definitely took him a second, but as he looked to Gillion and then back to Jay, his eyes widened slightly. "Oh! Oh..." Chip looked back towards Gillion, who was now closing his eyes tightly and muttering small apologies repeatedly. Chip frowned and grabbed a hold of Gillion's hand, this making the triton lift his head to look towards Chip. "What did I say, huh? Y'don't have to apologise... Or atone for anything. You're fine..." As Chip spoke, Jay took a hold of Gilion's other hand.

"A-Are you certain..? I... I worried if I told you, that it'd make you both uncomfortable or-"

"Gill, c'mon. You're fine, you haven't upset us or made us uncomfortable or anything like that..." Jay gave a small smile, rubbing her thumb across Gillion's knuckles reassuringly. She then took a small deep breath and spoke again. "Y'know. I care about you two a lot too. A lot..." Jay chuckled softly, seeming to fight against her own awkwardness. "I... thought it was just because I was finally able to get away from the Navy and what everyone wanted me to be there, and you two gave me that chance... But I think it definitely became way more than that... You two are really important to me. Beyond being co-captains or whatever..." As Jay continued to talk, taking a few moments of silence in between to find her words, she felt her face flush more and more. 

Chip could only really just stand there. He wasn't oblivious to how he had grown increasingly more and more nervous. He definitely felt his nervousness when he saw both Jay and Gillion look towards him. Not expectantly, more so patiently. A silent offer for him to say anything he needed to. Chip felt himself stammer and fall over his words before he even said anything, anticipating his embarrassed stutters before they happened. 

"Gods you two are such saps. But yeah, I uh... y'know. You two are important to me too. Even if Jay here smells like shit all the time and you're-" Jay scoffed and elbowed Chip in the side, cutting him off quickly. Chip groaned and chuckled, grinning at the two. "C'mon I'm kidding..!" A few seconds of silence before, "Not about Jay, she still stinks, but Gill you're fine-" Another elbow to the side made Chip quickly take back his comment, holding his side and shooting a glare at Jay. 

Before Jay could think of any comebacks to Chip's antics, the two were stopped by Gillion's quiet laughter, a darker shade of blue dusting his cheeks as he looked to both Jay and Chip with a fondness they had seen only a few times before. He then stood to join the two in front of him and smiled softly at them. "Thank you... both of you. Yua cuvj niep tu nadj vu ni..." Gillion gave a small nod of his head before continuing, a small grin on his features, "Also, Jay, you do not smell like shit, do not take notice of Chip's teasing." Gillion jokingly rolled his eyes, causing Jay to laugh. Gillion soon joined in on Jay's laughter as Chip complained at Gillion for 'taking sides',  something that Gillion repeatedly denied through his fits of laughter.

The three continued like this, sharing jokes and fond looks to each other. Gillion's quiet and withdrawn mood slowly fading as he regained his comfort and confidence. There were moments of hesitance and uncertainty, but Jay and Chip made every effort to reassure Gillion that everything would be alright. The more and more Gillion was reassured and comforted, the more he started to agree with Drey's words. The message behind them making more sense and started to finally sound like something Gillion could follow... Maybe his people's rules and laws didn't have to govern his moves and thoughts whilst he was away. Maybe he didn't have to atone. At least not for this... Maye he'd be alright...

Maybe all three of them would finally be alright.

------------

Translations of the fancy shit I used ;')  ::

Yua piwis geom vu muul muwimz, fies. - You never fail to look lovely, dear

I xomm emxezt ci jisi vu ieti zuas xussoit, fiesitv. - I will always be here to ease your worries, dearest

Yua cuvj niep tu nadj vu ni.... - You both mean so much to me

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

566K 10.8K 138
this book is completed but i have another one :)
25.7K 688 66
I have forever wanted to do something like this and recently i have gotten back into Thomas. So, i decided to do this, plus i love interacting with p...
12.8K 389 23
Nothing dramatic or horrific happened to me for this to happen. I was just extremely lucky. Sometimes I wonder if I made the right decision. Other da...
23.6K 206 24
If you have any ideas let me know! Enjoy!