The Forgotten Child

Autorstwa Little1Writer

"Actually I do. I'm working", I said with no emotion at all. They didn't deserve it. They don't get to know h... Więcej

A/N
Character Listing
Character Aesthetics
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
A/N
FINALE

31

50.5K 1.6K 406
Autorstwa Little1Writer

I slept at Lisa's law firm yesterday, she didn't mind it either, as she was working hard on my case. I told her everything that happened yesterday. I even told her about the house my mother gave to me and she gasped when she saw it as well, she even managed to help me claim it. 

She wasn't too thrilled about Pearl though, she wasn't too keen on animals, said they scared her. Pearl was a tiny kitten and yet she was terrified, it was pretty comical.

I woke up with a banging headache knowing that today was the day. The day where I would face my brothers and their wrath. I told Lisa about the judge and she just smirked, and I had a small inclinging she had something up her sleeve. I was just staring at the ceiling when a pile of clothes were thrown on me.

I looked up to see Lisa laughing at me and motioning to the shower room. I just sighed, she must be here so often, I mean she did have a shower here. I just smiled at her and hauled myself out of bed.

"We have to be in court by 11, its half 9 now. We have an hour or so before we need to set off, and get as much dirt as we possibly can. Don't worry doll, you'll get your emancipation from them, and I'll even throw in a restraining order for you how about that?", She asked as I nodded at her with a huge smile.

"Then get your cute little butt in there and get ready for a very long day", She said practically shoving me into the shower room. I just rolled my eyes but really I was glad. I was glad that she cared so much about helping me. 

I got showered and checked on my ribs, they were hurting alot less since the surgery and they had gone down so much. You could still see faint bruises and my arms still had a few of them from their tight grips but still, I was okay.

I showered in silence as I thought about everything that had happened yesterday. So Grandpa owned a gang huh? I didn't understand why one of my cousins didn't take over though? Myabe because mum was a pure blood or something since she was their oldest daughter and Cecilia didn't have any kids.

Then I thought about the sacrifice she made for me. She gave up her life just so I could live mine. Whereas my so called family picked her, which I guess I could understand on a certain level, I mean they had grown up with her and I was just a stranger to them. It still made me sad though, that my mother lived such a sad life. That she was forced to marry my dad and have children, instead of marrying her true love.

Lets be serious, the biggest plot twist would be Mike's father with her right now, on a beach in Peru. But I knew it wasn't possible, she would of said something by now out of revenge, to know that they couldn't do anything. 

But she was dead. I felt it. She was gone. My childhood being based on her love, and I use to hate her, with my whole heart, but all I feel now is admiration for the woman who gave up her life for mine. She didn't live such an amazing life anyway, contantly monitored by my grandpa, and having to marry such an asshole.

Anyway, I washed my hair and put on the clothes. It was a black dress, it didn't show alot and it was very respectable, but it still looked great on me. I blow dryed my hair and then straightened it, letting it flow down my back. I even plaited two plaits and tied them together in the back to made it seem like I had a crown on.

I looked ready. I looked so grown up. Detirmination clear in my eyes. I was ready for this. 

I walked out of the shower room and into Lisa's office, giving her a twirl as she clapped in glee.

"You look amazing darling", She said with a smile, gathering up her paper.

"I feel amazing, I feel so re-newed", I told her, still twirling and feeling my dress. Pearl was just jumping about on the windows, I knew I couldn't bring her to court with me, they would never allow a kitten in there with me, but I felt guilty for not taking her. Lisa was also staring at her with a much less guilty look, more like a happy one.

"I'm nervous", I said to Lisa, turning my face into a much more worried one.

She just smiled at me and pulled me into a warm hug. She rubbed my back and straightened my hair with her fingers.

"Are you sure you want to go through with this? Once we start we can't ever go back, no more second chances for them", She said, looking down at me. I just stared at her for a second in which she smiled back. 

"I'm ready for this, I have since I was 14", I said with a grin, now feeling the confidence she was, as she pulled my hand and twirled me around.

"Then lets do this! Remember, stay reserved, try not to shout out and correct them until it is your turn to speak, they will want to make you look as bad as possible, but I have you back alright?", She said with a huge grin. I just nodded a hard and quick one to show that I was serious. She then got a ping on her phone and she linked her arm with mine.

 "The car is here, let's go win you your freedom!", She said, with her papers and briefcase in her other hand, swinging as we walked.

----------------------------------

Half an Hour Later: Entering the Court room

I was sweating profusely and my hands were shaking, whilst my leg was bouncing up and down over and over again. Lisa on the other hand looked confident and determined, which made me feel alot better, but still I was nervous. We entered the court room with a small smile on our faces. 

The first thing I noticed was a ton of people sat on my brothers side, there was the rest of the family, my cousins and uncles as well as my grandpa and grandma. My grandpa gave me a look of disgust whilst grandma gave me a small smile. She was probably forced to marry him as well. The judge was a man, with a bald head and sharp eyes. I saw Stone and the rest of them sat right at the front, with about four lawyers sat there. 

My hand was suddenly squeezed and I looked up to Lisa who was smiling down on me, with full confidence even though everyone in here looked like they wanted to kill me with their bare hands but yet, somehow, I kept my head up high, ignoring the stares from my family, and a bunch of other people I didn't know.

I saw three teen boys also sat with other guys and a little girl. It took me a minute before I realised that I had seen them before. It was those assholes who broke my phone! They smirked when they realised who I was as well. I glared at them as my family gave me a look of surprise. I walked straight past them with my head held up high.

I felt so powerful and cool when I walked down these Isles. I felt ontop of the world.

We sat down on our side of the court, where I noticed my side, in which it made me smile. Harry, Shaun, Adam, Noah and .... Mike was also there, smiling at me with the other. The door suddenly went and in came Granny! She was also with some other people who were waving at me, I'm guessing it was her children. She waved to me and gave me a flying kiss. I caught it and my eyes brimmed with tears. William then strolled in with a smile. He hesitated for a second before sitting on my side which made me grin and let a tear drop.

They were here for me.

"Are we ready for caught case 17 of the day, where Matilda rushwood is getting Emancipation from legal guardian and older brother Stone Rushwood?", He asked us both. Stone nodded with a smile, he looked pretty chilled out. I turned to the judge.

"Now that my family is here yes", I said, giving a grin to everyone sat behind me, even the ones who I didn't know, but they were still here and that was the point. They were here just because they wanted to be and not because they were obliged. 

I heard Grandpa scoff in which I gave him a quick glare, catching him off guard completely.

I sat with Lisa, whilst she got her papers in order. Everyone was sat in silence as we awaited for the judge to start. Stone was just speaking with his lawyers, whereas Ravy and Rome were talking with the cousins and Lucian was chatting with a girl. But Millian was staring at me, with almost pity in his eyes. Like he was truly sorry for what was happening.

"So lets get started.", The judge said. We all nodded and sat down. 

"So, please give me evidence on why I should allow this verdict", He said and put his hands together waiting for us to start. Lisa stood up and called Stone to the stand, in which he did the whole, I will tell the truth and nothing but the truth crap, and then arragantly slumped down.

"So Mr Rushwood, please tell me if I'm wrong, but you abandoned Matilda when she was 5 years old, your brothers following two years after, when she turned 7 and again at 9. Where did you go?", She asked.

"To my grandpa", He said quickly. Lisa nodded and walked around for a moment.

"And what made you want to be the legal guardian of Matilda?", She asked. He stared at me for a second in which I squirmed. I could feel so many eyes on me as the same time but yet I ignored them.

"I wanted to get to know her again, we were so close when she was little, always together and playing with my brothers", He said with a smile in which I gave him an emotionless face in return.

"So you were close with Matilda? And you wanted her back?", Lisa asked. Stone nodded at this. She just nodded.

"Objection!", One of the lawyers called out. "Relevence?", He asked.

"To make a further point later", She said to the judge.

"Overuled", The judge replied. The lawyer slumped down and Lisa just smirked secretly at him.

"Did you check up on throughout the years?", Lisa asked. Stone nodded once more. I could finally see where she was going with this.

"So, what's her favourite food before you left?", Lisa asked. This confused Stone as he didn't figure out what she was doing.

"Pardon? How is that relevant?", He asked.

"Well you said you were close. You must of known all her favourite things, after all you guys played together all the time, I mean you were older enough to remember, so what was her favourite food? What was her favourite colour? Did she ever call you by a nickname? What was the reward she got in school, what subject was it for?", Lisa asked questions rapidly as the judge watched closely.

Stone however looked stumped.

"Well come on Mr Rushwood we are all waiting for an answer, you say you guys were so close but you don't know a thing about her! Meaning that you spent no time together, not even a nickname? So I'm guessing she didn't talk to you growing up?", Lisa said, making Stone stutter out of annoyance.

"That's all thank you", Lisa said, coming and sitting next to me once more. I smiled at her as Stone sat back down.

"I would like to call Matilda Rushwood to the stand", Another lawyer said. I got up slowly and made my way to the stand. I did the whole truth verse and sat waiting for the lawyers question.

"So, how old are you Matilda?", He asked.

"16", I said to him with a straight face. 

"So your in high school?", He asked. Shit. I knew where this was going.

"Yes, well I haven't had time ever since I moved here, I was going to start on Monday", I said to him. He nodded and looked back to Stone. Then back to me.

"Did you like school?", He asked. 

"No.", I replied back quickly which kind of caught him off guard, expecting me to say yes.

"I can see why, it says you were in 4 fights during just a small time period of three weeks, and that you broke a few bones. They said you were uncontrollable, so how do we just know this isn't just one of those moments, where your brothers had to take you to try and get you in line and this is a way of repaying them?", He said, trying to gaslight me.

"You want to know why I fought those people?", I asked him, and he nodded with a smile. I sighed and stared at my brothers.

"Because they made fun of me, they hurt me, kicked me and punched me. They made fun of because my brothers always ignored me. They said my brothers didn't love me, that they wished I was dead because that's what they told people one day. Millian used to help me but then he gave up when everyone else did. They made fun of my mother, calling me a ghost", I said, holding back the tears. The lawyers smirk was now gone and I was glaring at all of them.

"This isn't a silly tantrum, my father beat me, therefore I acted out", I said, declaring more like. Grandpa and Grandma glared at my father as he shrunk down into his seat.

"My brothers put there hands on me before as well, I want this to feel safe", I said directly to the judge.

"Objection!", One of the lawyers said, catching us all off guard. 

"On what accord?", The judge asked.

"There is no evidence of this", He said, Stone and the other nodding as my side of the court was glaring at them, making them glare back.

"I DO!"

------------------------

OOOOOH! I left you guys on a cliffhanger! Writing now lol!

Anyway guess who!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

265K 10.6K 29
She had always felt like an out cast, she knew her family hated her but she didn't understand why. maybe it was because they never truly wanted her...
985K 31.3K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
7.7K 218 34
Matilda Huston is a 25 years old woman with a painful past, living alone and escaping from her abusive past. She moved to Canada a few months back an...
733K 18.9K 88
"𝔼𝕍𝔼ℝ𝕐 𝔽𝔸𝕄𝕀𝕃𝕐 ℍ𝔸𝕊 𝕊𝔼ℂℝ𝔼𝕋𝕊" - - - "My name is Hazel, but most people call me Ze. I'm from Melbourne, and love Taylor Swift." I cring...