28

I left them all just staring at me, wondering about court and what was going to happen. I got a call from Lisa, saying my brothers had paid for our case to be pushed forwards to just two days in time. It was around 9 at night now and I was just chilling on a bridge, just sat with my legs dangling over the edge. 

I didn't really feel scared though. It was almost exciting.

I was quite happy just chilling here on my own. The rain stopped an hour or so ago, and I managed to find a bus stop to wait for the rain to stop. I managed to find a small bridge at the side of the city outskirts. It was pretty small but pretty comfy.

I heard a faint noise from behind me, a small purring. I turned slowly to see a small kitten sat at the bottom of the bridge, hanging on to the railing as it wrapped its body around it, shivering from the cold. It was a dark black colour with white dots on either cheek, as if it was blushing. I slowly got off the bridge and headed in it's direction.

It noticed me after a second as it cowered away. I just smiled at it gently as I put my hand out, sitting patiently as it slowly made it's way towards me. I waited until the last second as it licked my hand, as my other hand stroked her tiny head. At least I think it was a her.

It purred again, but this time alot calmer and obviously less afraid. I managed to pick her up without her trying to run as she snuggled deeped into my chest, obviously enjoying the small amount of warmth my body was portraying outwards.

"Why hello there little one", I said with a calm and gentle voice, as she purred back at me, as if saying back herself. I didn't really know what to call her, she was a black so maybe pearl, like the black pearl from that Jack Sparrow movie. 

Pearl. I liked it. I held her closer as I climbed back onto the bridge, sitting on the edge as I stroked her, letting my legs waver off the side.

I was just chilling when a car pulled up beside me. I didn't move off the bridge when they got out of the car, but strangely I felt safe. I felt a very familiar scent and thats when I knew who it was. I just stayed where I was sat, swinging my legs back and forth in rhythm. 

"Hey Angel", Mike said from behind me, putting an arm around my waist and pulling me onto the ground. I didn't really fight him, I was too tired at this point. He looked at me with wide eyes and went to touch my face. I had completely forgotten about the cut on my head, but it stopped bleeding ages ago. He put his hand on my cheek. It took him a moment to see Pearl in a tiny ball in my arms.

"I was worried about you, why didn't you call? Are you alright Tills? Also, who is this little thing", He asked with sincerity, staring back at me and pearl. I just nodded as I was too tired to say anything and pulled him into a hug. He didn't waste anytime to put his arm around my waist and a hand on my head. I just stood their silently, as my eyes closed more and more out of tiredness, probably from crying so much. 

I think Mike realised this as he pulled me up into Bridal position and made sure to rest my head on his shoulder as I kept Pearl in the small cave in my stomach. He walked over to the car and opened the door to the passenger seat and placed me gently inside, he then pulled a jumper from the backseat and put it over me, I think to keep me warm I didn't know. Pearl seemed to love it though as she practically dove underneath it.

He then moved the jumper so it was tightly around me, Pearl herself cuddling so her head was touching the bottom of my chin. Ooh, I've read about this in fairy tale books, its when a person tucks you in to make sure you safe. It was pretty odd, I always just tucked myself in at night. It was to make sure that I was safe at night from my father, waiting for him to get home and pass out so I could finally go to sleep.