Worn Down Path

By uneasy_ghost

[[Update chapters will be deleted after a week]] Not my first Ranboo x Reader, but hopefully one that will wo... More

Intro
Prologue// No Place Like Home
Chapter One// Infested Cities
Chapter Two// Rotting Alleyways
Chapter three// Eyes in the Dark
Chapter Four// Hoard of Fears
Chapter five// Lost and Searching
Chapter Six// The Zombie Slayer
Update [this one won't be deleted]
Chapter Eight// Lovers Rock
Chapter Nine// Lovers Rock pt2
WOAH?!??
Chapter Ten// Hidden Valleys
euueueueu
Update!

Chapter Seven// Silent Cries

164 11 10
By uneasy_ghost

A/N: This is a TW! there will be needles in this chapter.

Y/n stood close to the door, she could hear Techno's footsteps as he walked off.

She turned back to find Ranboo near the roasted pork, he was looking around in the cabinets for some plates.

After a few minutes of searching he had finally found two plates and some silverware, Ranboo served them some food and they both sat at the dining table.

They occasionally shot glances at Tommy, who was still asleep.

Ranboo took off his mask, Y/n stood staring at him, she felt her face get hot. He's so pretty.. she thought.

He looked up from the plate and his eyes grew wide, "oh right.. Uhm surprise?" He said awkwardly and gave her a soft smile.

Y/n let out a small laugh, "sorry, it's just.. I've never seen you take off your mask, even when we were traveling." She said.

Ranboo looked down at his plate, " I did, sometimes...But I tried not to." He explained.

Y/n took a bite out of her food, she stalled and she eventually asked, "why?"

The tall boy took a sip out of his container of water and cleared his throat, "it's a long story, but basically, I used to stream.. and, we'll. I never showed my face. I guess it just stuck with me, even in an apocalypse."

Y/n reached out and ruffled his brunette hair. His cheeks turned pink and he hid his face behind his arm.

Y/n smiled and she said, "there's no need to hide your face anymore."

Ranboo looked up again and this time he smiled back, "I guess so."

Time Skip.

The duo had finished eating, they both went back to the couch and sat down beside the sleeping golden-haired boy.

Ranboo looked at him worriedly, "when do you think he'll wake up?" He asked.

Y/n let out a sigh, "I don't know, hopefully soon." She said.

As if he was being summoned, Tommy suddenly jerked awake. He sat up and looked around wildly. "Tubbo?! Where are you?! Where.." he started to say but he trailed off at the noticed Ranboo and Y/n both sitting across from him.

"Ranboo? Y/n? What are your doing here? Where am I? Where's Tubbo?" He asked frantically and he got up.

Ranboo stood up and walked over to stand in front of him, "call down Tommy, you safe. We're inside of Techno's house, and Techno went out to find Tubbo." He said and Tommy looked up at him.

Ranboo smiled and hugged the golden-haired boy, Tommy relaxed and hugged Ranboo back.

Y/n got up and walked over to the food, she served Tommy and plate and she set it down on the dining table.

"Hey Toms, here's some food. You should eat, and then we can fix you up." She said and walked back to stand next to Ranboo.

"Thanks, I'm starving," Tommy said and he rushed over to the table.

Ranboo headed towards the bathroom, Y/n guessed he was going to look for a medkit.

Y/n and Tommy sat in silence, the only sound was an occasional cough from Tommy.

Ranboo came back with a small red box, he set it on the table next to Tommy. He opened the box and inside were a few bandages, a needle, and some stitches, a tiny bottle of disinfectant, and some band-aids.

"So where are the wounds?" He asked and Y/n walked over to help him.

"I have a few on both of my arms, and one here," Tommy said and he pointed to a large gash on his shoulder blade.

"Ouch.. that must've hurt," Ranboo commented as he took a closer look at the cut.

"Yeah, a bastard zombie did that. He clawed my shoulder." Tommy explained and Y/n glanced worriedly at it.

Ranboo had noticed and he asked, "What's wrong?"

Y/n let out a small sigh, "won't that get infected?" She asked and Tommy shook his head. "No, it's only if the zombie bites you, and if it was infected I would've been zombified by now," Tommy explained and Y/n nodded warily.

Y/n helped Ranboo clean some of the smaller cuts, they wrapped his arms in fresh bandages and cleaned off some dirt.

Y/m looked at the gash again, it was a big wound, she didn't think it would heal on its own.

"We're going to have to stick that." She said and Tommy's face grew slightly pale.

Y/n laughed, "What, scared of needles?" She teased.

"Shut the fuck up," Tommy said and shot her a glare.

Ranboo looked at her and said, "but you said you didn't know how to stick..?"

Y/n nodded, "I don't, but I have to try." She explained and Ranboo let out a sigh.

"That also means we're going to stitch your wound too," Y/n added.

"Hell no. I trust you with my life but not enough for you to stick my leg." Ranboo said and crossed his arms.

"Fine, I'll just let it get infected. when you die just know it's wasn't my fault." Y/n said sarcastically.

"You would let me die?" He said dramatically.

Y/n opened her mouth to reply but Tommy interrupted her, "alright stop the flirting and let's get done with this."

Ranboo looked at Tommy and stared at him for a good minute before he said, "I- I wasn't flirting... was I?" He said and looked down at himself with a puzzled expression.

"You were." Y/n said jokingly, but Ranboo hadn't noticed her tone so his face turned bright red, "I- uh- im-" he stuttered and ran off towards the bathroom again.

"He simps for you," Tommy said as he watched Ranboo disappear into the corner of the hallway.

This time Y/n was the one to turn red, "y-you think so?" She asked quietly as she grabbed the needles from the box.

Y/n had never thought of starting a relationship with anyone, especially in an apocalyptic world, but now that Tommy had mentioned it she did see a connection between her and Ranboo.

She cleaned the area around Tommy's gash, as she swiped the dirt off Tommy said, "I don't think so, I know so."

"Well, what should I do?" She asked, she grabbed the needle and poked it into the edge of the wound.

Tommy winced but he continued talking, "I think you should confess to him, you never know when one to you could end up dead."

"That's true.." Y/n said, but she couldn't process the fact that it was a true, and horrifying thought. She could never imagine losing Ranboo or anyone she had met so far.

"Thank you, I guess." She said and stuck the needle in once more.

Y/n continued to stitch up his wound, it was a difficult task but in the end, she managed to close it. She cleaned the area again and wrapped it in some bandages.

"How do you feel?" She asked, she felt proud of her work, and she had no experience in stitching before. The closest she's ever gotten to fixing someone's wound was when she had fallen in elementary school, her mom had to take her to the ER to get staples in her head.

Tommy moved his arm in circles, he winced a little but then he smiled at her, "I feel better, a lot better actually, thank you." He said.

"No problem. I'm glad you feel better, now get your ass on that couch and sleep." She told him and he nodded reluctantly.

Just then Ranboo came back from hiding, his face was still slightly pinkish but he looked happy.

"Oi the simp is back, I see!" Tommy yelled from the couch, Y/n scowled him as soon as she noticed Ranboo getting uncomfortable again.

"Anyways! Ranboo, my beloved. Will you sit down and let me take a look at your leg?" Y/n said and she smiled at him.

"Y-yeah sure.." he said as he sat down slowly onto the chair.

He lifted his leg and Y/n unbandaged it, she noticed the wound was almost closed and it looked clean.

"Wait what.." she said as she looked at the wound.

Ranboo looked at her with a confused expression and then he looked at his cut, "What- How did it heal?" He said.

"I don't know? Did Techno do anything with it?" She asked him.

Ranboo thought for a second and then he spoke, "Now that you mention it, yes he did. He cleaned it and put some ointment on it."

"Weird... Well, lucky you. I'll just re-bandage it and you'll be good to go, I guess." She said and rubbed her neck in confusion.

After she was done the two of them sat down on the couch again, Tommy had fallen asleep so it was just the both of them.

"Uh..hey..Y/n?" Ranboo said quietly.

Y/n hummed and turned her head to look at him.

"A-about earlier.. when I ran off.. a-after.." Ranboo stopped talking, he looked nervous.

"After the flirting thing? It's alright Boo, I don't mind, and it wasn't flirting." Y/n said happily, she smiled at him and ruffled his hair again.

"N-no that's not what I wanted to say, it's different. Y/n.." Ranboo paused again and he covered his face in his hands.

"Are you okay? You seem nervous." She asked and immediately hugged him.

Ranboo uncovered his face and looked at her, she let go of him as he took a deep breath and started to speak, "Y/n, you have never failed to make me smile. Even if I'm not feeling well, it's been.. nearly a month since we met and every single second of it has been enjoyable and uplifting...I could never imagine a life without you. I would walk the same path over, and over again until it's worn down just to be with you. Y/n, my beloved, I love you. And I want you to know that."

(Don't mind me, squeezing the title in this paragraph..)

Y/n stared into his grey eyes, he smiled at her in the goofiest and adorable way possible.

She hugged him again, but this time she was happy and relieved, if anyone told her at that moment that she was in a zombie apocalypse she wouldn't have believed it.

Ranboo hugged her back and he chuckled, "so is this an I love you back?" He asked.

"Yes, yes it is.." she answered quietly

_____________

Word Count: 1813

A/N: Correction! THIS is my longest chapter.

Uhh I don't have much to say, so daily reminder to take care of yourselves and enjoy reading this book :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 48 15
(Discontinued sorry) This is my first story on wattpad so it's not going to be the best. I'm writing this as a little experiment because I was bored...
24.2K 649 36
MCYT x Reader Basically just the whole Dream SMP at the same school You ended up moving to a new school and this is where you discover some of your...
301K 6.8K 36
⚠️DISCONTINUED ⚠️ "𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳" . . . 𝘈 𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘵 𝘹 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 . . Also, this sto...
7.7K 190 59
A story about a beautiful and gentle young woman named Y/N, she lived a normal life going to a village named l'manburg and coming back home. Y/n live...