๐“๐“ผ ๐“ฆ๐“ฎ ๐“›๐“ช๐”‚

By SUPAAMAZEN

Denise "Niecy" Davis, had it made....Or so she thought. When she gets the inkling that her husband-to-be isn'... More

The Re-up
Ch.1: Suspicious Woman
Ch.2: Two Can Play That Game
Ch.3: Disrespectful
Ch.4: So I Creep
Ch.5: Another Notch On My Belt
Ch.6: Ring Off
Ch.7: N***a's Ain't S**t!
Ch.8: Bomb Dropped
Ch.9: Solo Dolo
Ch.10: It's a Long Story
Ch.11: What a Rush
Ch.12: Crazy Kind of Day
Ch. 13: Daddy Issues
Ch.15: F**ked Around & Found Out
Ch.16: The Truth After The Lies
Ch.17: I Fear
Ch.18: Teenage Love Affair
Ch.19: Straight Up
Ch. 20: Off
Ch. 21: Behold
Ch. 22: Good Times
Ch. 23: Focus
Ch. 24: All Bad
Ch. 25: Keep Your Head Up
Ch. 26: The Optics
Ch. 27: Shock

Ch. 14: Always By Your Side

528 18 4
By SUPAAMAZEN

After everyone helped clean up & pack off several to go plates, it was just our little family in the unusually quiet house. After making sure all the doors & windows were locked, alarm set, we finally retired up stairs. It had been about a good thirty minutes or so, after we put Vaeh to sleep that Maurice finally emerged from taking his shower. He took so long, that I just said "fuck it" & showered in our daughters bathroom, just so I could finally lay down in our comfy California King sized bed.

He was still venting about today's events when he came walking out in nothing but his towel wrapped around his waist. I heard him talking, seen him too, but I'd lose money if anybody was to bet me on what exactly he said. Ballpark would be that it was about the deadbeat that popped up like the ghost of Thanksgiving past, but that's just a guess.

My eyes glazed over as I watched him walk towards me, seemingly in slow motion, while I sat with my back against the headboard & my phone now resting on my lap in bed. Looking at his bulge that would hit the soft fabric after bouncing off his thigh with each step in his stride, had me in a trance. I'm talking instant zombie mode.
🎶 C'MERE BRING THAT DICK HERE 🎶

I know we just had sex a few hours earlier. Granted it was a quickie and something in me had me wanting to jump his bones. I didn't even realize I had zoned completely out until I finally heard him calling my name while he was snapping his fingers, apparently for the third time.

"Niecy, you didn't hear a word that I just said, did you?" he quizzed as he made sure his towel was secure before sitting on the bed to start lotioning his legs & feet.

"I'm sorry, boo. I wasn't trying to ignore you but it's hard to focus when yo' thang is thangin' like that" I said with a light chuckle that had him smile at me over his shoulder.

"Thang, thangin'" he laughed. "You're too much woman, I swear. I'm talkin' 'bout some real shit & you over there lustin' after me" he said as he laughed some more.

I moved the covers off of me & crawled down to the foot of the bed where he sat. I rubbed my hands up his strong back, resting them on his shoulders as I kissed his neck.

"What chu doin'?" he asked as a slight hum left his throat when I reached my hand around to rub him through the towel.

"The door locked?" I whispered in his ear, as I leaned back to take off my t-shirt, when he turned to face me & I could see he was hard & ready for action. He bit his bottom lip as his eyes traveled to my breast, that he couldn't help but to grab one & lightly massage it.

"Nah, but you know Vaeh sleep hard as fuck. Just be quiet & she won't wake up" he stood up straight taking the towel from around his waist & letting it fall to the floor. That thick ass dick was pointing straight at me like a cobra about to pounce & my body anticipated it, I was on Pacific ocean!

"I'll try but I can't promise you that...You know how you do & how I get" I said as I chuckled when he laid me back to climb on top of me. He kissed me with so much passion I swear I was about to nut off that alone.

"I'll cover ya mouth if...Well, when you get too loud" he replied with his lips pressed against mine as he sank deep into my womanhood.

40 Minutes Later

We came (literally) down off of our highs, kissing like it would be the last time. He rested his hand on my stomach as he laid with his head on my breast. I rubbed up & down his back as we sat in silence just enjoying one another. I always loved times like this, especially when he would subconsciously tap his finger in sync with the beat of my heart.

"Mama said she's sorry about how things turned out with your dad...She thought it would go differently" I said, finally breaking the silence. He looked up at me, staring into my eyes before laying his head back down.

"Yeah...Ok...I don't know what the fuck she expected from me though. Like, I've literally gone my entire life without him & she thinks I'm gonna be jumpin' for joy just because they're on good terms apparently & it's Thanksgiving? Nah" he finished & I could hear the sadness and irritation in his voice but like his stubborn ass would do sometimes, he tried to hide it.

"Yeah, this is definitely one Thanksgiving we'll look back on & cackle about...You seen how Senior was acting. I'm over his ass & the bullshit he brings...Whew chile, our daughter really hit the jackpot on Grandfather's, didn't she?" I stated with pure sarcasm.

"Shit just makes me wanna turn up on my fatherhood, because I refuse to let my kids grow up like we did" he replied & I was taken aback by the plural. He really had faith that we'd add to our family. I lost that same faith when I miscarried in the bathroom with no warning. I stopped taking the pills to help me get pregnant a while ago, like I needed. help in that department anyway. That was a conversation for another time though. So I just listened as he continued.

"Like I said earlier, I love you & I love Nevaeh more than anything this world has to offer. I'd give up my last breath if I had to for y'all...So I don't see how he could have all of that & just leave..." he paused.

"Fucking coward. I could go the rest of my existence without ever seeing his bitch ass Steve Harvey knock off lookin' ass again" he said seriously but the end had me holding in a laugh, that he could feel with his ear pressed against my chest.

"That shit ain't funny" he tried to state like he wasn't playing until not even a second passed before he too was laughing. "Man fuck him & Senior, especially after today" he kissed my shoulder & laid his head down on the pillow.

"Thank God for Earl" we said in unison, locking eyes and grinning.

I don't even remember when we fell asleep but I was woken up by a pop on my ass & Maurice laughing as he sat up in bed, putting his feet on the ground. I looked around confused, seeing the sunbeams shine from the window & the curtains pulled back. I looked over my shoulder at him & laid my head back down.

"Stop nigga, I'm sleepy" I whined as I pulled the comforter up to cover my shoulder.

"Get your sexy ass up & put some clothes on before I break ya back with a round two" he joked as he looked down at his phone. It was crazy to me how he still had me blushing like we were still in a new relationship.

"Yeah you right, Vaeh should be getting up soon anyway" I said as I sat up with the comforter still covering me.

"Wouldn't want her to see them titties & get traumatized" he laughed as he stood up & walked to the dresser to get him some boxers out, dick slighty erect & tempting.

"Boy please. She used to feed off these, I doubt she'd be traumatized. Besides, you was just sucking on them hours ago, so don't even" I replied as I watched him pull his boxers up & adjust his dick in them before he put on a tank top & basketball shorts. He laughed as he left our room & I walked my naked ass to the bathroom to shower & brush my teeth.

I found my loves in the the kitchen about twenty minutes later. Maurice was sitting in the breakfast nook reading on his phone while our baby finished her cereal & took the bowl to the sink. I could hear Doc. McStuffins playing on the TV in the living room & smiled to myself as I walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning lovebug" I greeted her & kissed her forehead. "You sleep good?" I asked as I crouched down to be eye level with her.

"Yes Mommy" she replied as she kissed my dimple. "Daddy helped me make you a bagel" she said as she walked over to the toaster, where two halves of a bagel with strawberry cream cheese on top sat on a plate.

"Awww, thanks Suga" I grabbed the plate & went into the living room where she followed. Since I didn't have to work the day after Thanksgiving, Maurice either & she didn't have preschool, we could spend the whole day chilling. Which now was my favorite type of carrying on.

She had her little toy shopping cart with all the little toy food in it. My mom kept telling me I needed to buy her a little kitchen to go with it & seeing all the fake produce stacked in there, she probably was right. Hell Christmas was next month, so it would make a great gift.

"Mommy you want some eggs?" she asked me in that adorable voice of hers, that always melted me. Even though she's four now & I had been a mother for that long, her calling me mommy always & probably will always give me butterflies. I'm really somebodies Mama in these streets & I loved it.

"Are they hardboiled, you got some salt & pepper for me?" I played along & her smile could light the darkest of rooms.

"Yeah" she innocently responded as she opened the carton. I seen Maurice over there swooning & I smiled at him as he sipped his coffee. I guess he was having one of those reflective moments, just taking in the beauty of being a parent & giving & loving that unconditional love to & from your child. The road to this point was always worth it in the end. I mean, outside of the slick Maury episode I had, I wouldn't trade these types of moments in for nothing.

We all sat on the couch for hours, surprisingly watching different things. Each one of us getting a turn to pick what we'd watch next. A few hours had gone by & Vaeh's movie pick was watching her. She had fallen asleep on her fathers chest as he cradled her like she was a little baby. His old ass had fallen asleep as well. I can't lie, it was an adorable sight that I never got tired of seeing. I think our daddy issues played a big part in a lot of things.

Just looking at my child comfortable in her daddy's arms, knowing that at her age neither one of us had that, was doing something to my emotions. He was really breaking a cycle & I was all the way here for it. I got up to make us some lunch since it was pretty evident we weren't leaving the house today.

I had just taken the lasagna out of the oven to cool when the doorbell startled the shit outta me. I didn't think anyone would be coming by & in the zone of cooking the last thing I thought to hear was that. I thought folk would be hit with the Itis & mud butt from all the left over food, too tired & occupied to come visit. They took 99% of what was left, which was why I had to pop a Stouffer's lasagna in the oven in the first place.

I left out of the kitchen, checking on them as I passed the couch in route to the door. They were still knocked out unaffected by the doorbell ringing. Once I reached the door, I stood on my tip toes to look out the peephole & saw Mama Sheryl standing there. Not wasting anymore time, I unlocked & opened the door. The sound of our neighbor mowing his yard becoming louder as she stepped inside after greeting me.

Unlike every time before, she waited in the foyer as I closed and locked the door again.

"I need to speak with Maurice, is he here?" she asked as she tried to look passed me into the small part of the living room you could see from here.

"Y-yeah. He & Vaeh are asleep on the couch" sensing her reluctance to advance forward I continued. "You can wake him up if you want. Lunch is almost ready anyway" I replied as I started back towards the kitchen. I seen her walk over to the couch as I once again stood on my tip toes to grab some plates out. I seen her gently shake him & him groan like he always did when someone tried to wake him up.

As I put lasagna on our plates, I seen him raise up still holding our daughter to his chest. Mama Sheryl sat down next to him, so I took upon myself to retrieve our child so they could talk & the food can cool off some more. As I sat down at the breakfast nook holding my sleeping big baby in my arms, I seen the both of them get up & walk out of the living room.

"I'm sorry about yesterday" she started as Maurice sat on the stairs. He just shook his head & avoided eye contact as she continued her apology. "I know I should've told you when I reconnected with your father but I didn't know how to" he still avoided eye contact so she took his chin into her hand.

"I just don't get it. How can you trust him let alone be with him again after what he did? That don't make sense to me" he said, finally looking her in the eyes.

"Your father & I had some very in-depth conversations before we decided to give it another shot. I got a better understanding & I forgave him for all of the wrong he's done. It wasn't as simple as it sounds & it wasn't easy but Matthew is the love of my life & I couldn't pass him up again...It's sort of like you & Denise."

"It's nothing like us!" he shouted instantly getting irritated at the comparison. "I'd never do what he did to us to Nevaeh or Niecy."

"I'm not saying you would Maurice. I'm saying how when you were given her number all those years ago to reconnect with her, you jumped at the chance because she is the love of your life & you didn't want to go anymore time without her...That's all I'm saying" she said as she let his chin go.

"So what do you want from me? You want me to forgive him because I'm not! Homie is dead to me whether you keep seeing him or not!" he shouted some more as he stood.

"But he wants a relationship with you, he wants to get to know our granddaughter. Just give him a chance, Maurice please" she begged.

"So I guess I inherited good dick from him, huh? I mean that's obviously what's got you stuck on stupid right now if you really think I'm gonna allow this nigga around me or my child. Fuck him & the relationship he wants to have with me. I'm 32 years old, my daughter is four. Had he did right, we're not having this dumbass conversation right now. The answer is no!" he yelled as he tried to walk away but she held onto his bicep, pulling him back.

"I get your frustration, but watch your damn mouth! He deserves to know his only grandchild from his only child" she said & if looks could kill the one Maurice gave her would've took her clean the fuck up outta here.

"So you mean to tell me that he doesn't have anymore kids but ran off on the only one he did have? That's even worse & nothing he said to you can make up for it. You can be with his ass all you want but MY child ain't coming over your house as long as he's around & you can tell him I said it. And if he has a problem, tell him these hands do work!"

"So you're gonna keep me from my granddaughter because of who I love & am with?!?! That's ridiculous, Maurice!"

"No, you being with him is...Matter of fact, respectfully Mama please leave my house" he calmly stated as he took a step forward.

"You can't be serious right now. I didn't raise you this way, this isn't like you" she said with tear filled eyes.

"Please leave Mama, while I still have some respect for you but it's dwindling. Go" he said as he walked to the front door with her following in his tracks. He didn't utter another word as she walked passed him & out of the door. She turned back towards him like she was gonna say something but was met with the slam of the door & the sound of it locking.

It was hard to hear him speak to her that way but like I've said before, I understood it. He walked back into the kitchen wiping his eyes as he took a seat at the table. Nevaeh noticing his tears, climbed into his lap balancing on her knees to wipe them with her little thumbs. That just made him cry more & she looked over at me for back up.

I walked over & rubbed my hand down his waves & nudged him so he could scoot over so I could sit down next to him. Taking his head into my neck, he let it all out.

"It's ok baby. You're ok, we got you" I comforted him as our daughter looked on with tears rolling down her cheeks. She hated to see any of us sad & it crushed me & him to see her that way.

"Daddy's sorry baby" he apologized to her as he cradled her in his arms. "I'm just sad right now, but I'll be better" he spoke calmly to her, which helped her to stop crying. I sat back & wiped my tears before kissing his temple. He wrapped his arm around me, my head now on his shoulder as he kissed my forehead then Vaeh's.

"I love y'all so much" he said as his voice cracked. "I'm never leaving y'all, I swear on my soul. Y'all are my world. I'm not leaving. I'm here. I'll always be" he cried as he held us tight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 38 31
Read to find out!!!!! Let me know what you think of the story. Comment & Vote
3.1K 136 19
First Lady Megan Foster is faced with the realization that forever may not be set in stone. All unions may possibly end due to unanticipated events...
151 1 32
DISCLAIMER: This is a work of pure fiction - any resemblance to real life events is purely co-incidental. I do not know any of the famous people men...