Trolls world tour Barb x read...

By Potter_Hanna

Once upon a time there were two trolls; Y/N and Poppy. They are sisters. Together with a grumpy troll named B... More

1: introduction
2: Y/N and Poppy's shenanigans
3: the world of music
4: the secret plan
5: flashbacks
6: evil schemes
7: friends?
8: leaving lonesome flats... or not at all
9: Barb-arians
10: trust
11: meeting a new perspective
12: Accepting the facts
13: Perfect for me
14: blood is thicker than water
15: backstage
16: the flop
18: United
19: new era
20: misunderstandings
21: hard work
22: technical issues
23: feelings and color
24: let's party, people!
25: nightmares
26: everybody wants to rule the world
27: missed messages
28: communication problems
29: I'm coming out
30: haters gonna hate
31: That's kinda.... Ya know
32: Meetings meetings
33: Y/N and Barb, sitting in a tree...
34: Be my Valentine
35: trouble in paradise
Part 36: hopeless romantics
37: girlfirends dad
38: Quick fix
39: Record
40: Chaos and cries
41: Sound of silence
42: in sickness and in health
43: told you so
44: liar liar
45: Pride and other plans

17: Let me hear you

1.4K 33 11
By Potter_Hanna

Y/N POV:
As the wave disappears I blink. In my hands was a broken guitar and the strings, which were also broken. I hear a groan behind me and I look. Poppy was standing up, rubbing her head. I gasp and drop the guitar, running at her.
-Poppy, Branch! I shout and envelop her in a hug.

Third person POV:
As Y/N helps her sister and Branch, Barb walks towards the guitar.
-No... Barb says and kneels down at the guitar.
-My strings, she says and picks them up. Y/N, Poppy and Branch all turn to the queen of rock. Y/N noticed that the world has turned gray... just like in Bergen town. Y/N watches Barbs pained face as the string dissipate into nothingness. Barb stands up and turns to the three. Y/N stands in front, pushing the other two behind her.
-What have you done? You destroyed music! Barb says and gasps go through the arena. Y/N becomes sad, because she knows it's true. It was a risk that was calculated long before she did this, and it was one she was willing to take.
-Give it up everybody, thanks to the queen of pop, we've all lost our music! Barb announces into the arena. The leaders of the other music looks sadly at each other and at Y/N. But she doesn't look down, no she meets their judging stares with a sad Stoick face.

Y/N POV:
-History repeats itself, Barb slumps again. My heart breaks at the sight.
-Pop has ruined everything, Barb glares at me with tears in her eyes. She meets my eyes for a second, before she turns away again. It was quiet. Nobody said anything. I look back at Poppy and Branch, who holds each other. I then look at the crowd. They hang their heads, look sadly at each other, and then... then I look at Barb. An angry tear falls down her cheek and onto the floor. She stares hopelessly onto the stage below her feet. I finally let my sadness overcome me. My tears also fall. My music was gone. All music was gone. Not only would I never hear songs from my childhood again, I would never discover any of the new music I had grown accustomed to either and worst of all... I'd never hear Barbs genuine laugh again.

I dry my tears but they keep on falling.
But they stop as a low thumping is heard in the speakers beside the stage. I look out to the crowd and gasp, watching Coopers heart glow faintly pink and as it thumps, it sounds in the speakers because he found Barbs microphone. I take a couple of steps past Barb and I look at him and his supposed twin as he joins in beatboxing.
-Those are my sons... making music, queen Essence says from beside me. I look at her before I look back at the look alikes in front of me.

Suddenly a clapping and tapping is heard from beside me and I look over once again, to see the queen of country tap her hooves into the hard rocks below and claps her hands to the rhythm. Her heart glows in a string orange color and she looks to her people to join. A whole section of the arena lights up in an orange color as they joint in on the rhythm. I smile and let out an airy laugh. The royals of funks heart start lighting up purple and the next section joining in on the music lights up purple. A wave of all the colors corresponding to their own genre of music lights up through the arena.

-Queen Barb can't take away something that's inside us. Because that's where music really comes from, Queen Essence says. Barb looks wondering at her. I turn back to Poppy. Her and Branch's hearts are thumping in a pink color similar to Coopers. They looks happily surprised at me.
-It started with the strings. But now it comes from us, King Quincy says and joins his wife.
Suddenly a beautiful choir of "oh's" sounds and I turn back around to look at the crowd. I look at everyone. Everyone has their own genre of music thumping inside of their hearts. I look at Barb, who looks absolutely lost and send her a warm smile.
-Yeah! It comes from our experiences! The king of techno says.
-Our lives! The queen of country says.
-Our cultures, Queen Essence finishes.
-Beautiful, Hah, the king of classics say and laugh happily.
-Listen to that... I say.
-Barb can't take that away, I say and put my heart over my own heart, but look down to see it thump a different color everytime. It shifts between pink, purple, blue, green, orange and red. Every thump my heart makes, it changes.
Barb looks confused around. She doesn't understand a thing we're saying. She wasn't taught this. She was taught to hate other genres. But she didn't have to.
I look over at queen Essence, who nods gratefully at me. I nod back respectfully before sending a last quick glance into the crowd.

-Let me, I have to force the tones out.
-Hear you... sing, I hold out the note, even though it took a lot. The dark clouds above starts shying away, letting the first rays of sunshine in.
-Sing it together, louder than ever, I let my voice ring through the quiet arena as I walk upstage.
-Forget everything thing, just sing, like it's what we've been missing, and they're gonna listen, I take a pause.
-Listen. Forget everything, just sing, I hold out the note once more and I regain my normal colors again. I look down at my hands, before looking back on the stage when I hear a synth starting to play. Barbs dad rolls onto the stage playing his synth.
-Dad? Barb asks hurt.
-It's alright Barbara. Just let everyone be what they wanna be. Including you, he says and he regains his colors too. He looks at me and I bow gratefully.

-You think you gotta hide it, I sing as I walk up to Poppy and Branch. The funk royals joins us on stage.
-Don't keep it on the shelf, I take their hands and they regain their colors too.
-Let your waist start moving, Poppy sings.
-Watch the way we do it, I sing.
-Do it! We harmonize.
-See us do it like nobody else! We sing.

-If we sing it all together, queen Essence starts and becomes her natural blue again.
-If we sing it all as one, Branch and coopers twin sing, some funk trolls joining on the stage with their instruments.
-It's louder than yourself, the funk trolls get their colors back and I start grooving with them.
-All together everyone, Branch sings.
-Everybody's looking, watch the way we do it do it! Coopers twin joins his mom in singing.
-Cause we do it like nobody else! Poppy sings.

-Let me hear you sing! All the leaders join
-Don't you stop it don't you fight it! I dance.
-Let me hear you sing! The crowd joins in and I turn around smiling.
-If you got it can't deny it! I walk back upstage, past Barb.
-Let me hear you! The shout.
-It's waiting for you, the leaders sing and I turn around. They all nod for me.
-Already you know, I turn back around, a giddy feeling spreading in my body from my chest.
-That you do it like nobody else, I hear their voices so loud and I lift from the ground.
-Just sing! A rainbow spreads from me, turning everyone back into their original colors.
-Sing it together, the other leaders join me at the edge of the stage.
-Louder than ever, ever, I join back into the song.
-Forget everything, just sing! Everyone joins even louder once they got struck by the rainbow. Even the rock trolls.
-like it's what we've been missing, I turn around and watch as Barb looks around starstruck.
-And we're gonna listen, listen, I smile secretly and turn back to the others.
-Forget everything- let me hear you!

-Hey, I've been right here where you standin', the queen of country sings and starts playing her banjo.
-I've been standin' on the ground, Branch and prince D sings.
-And the walls are cavin' in, the queen of country sings emotionally.
-all the walls are fallin', Branch sings.
-But my lips start movin' with the soul I put into it, I harmonize with her in the end.
-And you never heard it done like this, Poppy joins.

-Let me hear you sing, 리듬 타봐 멈추지마
노래불러줘, I dance with the k-pop trolls.

-si lo tienes, no lo niegues, I join the reggaeton group.
-Te quiero oír cantar!

-It's waiting for you, already you know that you do it like nobody else! I start becoming teary eyed as I stop singing and listen to everyone sing instead.
-Just sing, sing it together, I nod to the country trolls who all wave at me, growly Pete telling the troll beside him that he knows me. I giggle and shake my head.
-Louder than ever, ever, forget everything, Just sing, I bow to the funk trolls who all wave at me.
-like it's what we've been missing, I then run up to my dad, pull him onstage and hug him.
-And they're gonna listen, listen, forget everything- Let me hear you sing! Dad tells me how proud he is over me.

-I said a one, two, three, and four
Let's go everybody get on the floor, I see Tiny diamond fly over us on Barbs fly thing and I laugh and point at him.
-Let me hear you! I shout extra loudly.
-Uh, let me hear you sing it, Queen Essence sings.
-I want you to sing from your soul
I want you to reach with your elbow, prince D joins her and as he does I run backstage to get a guitar. Barbs guitar.
-Let me hear you! I hear the crowds shout.
-We can't hear you, way in the back! Tiny diamond shouts as I come back out and watch a coal grey Barb finally step into the sunlight, watching the display with sparkling eyes.
-It's waiting for you, already you know, Barb looks back at me and I smile sincerely as I watch her heart thump with a red color. I throw her guitar at her and she catches it.
-That you do it like nobody else! Barb looks back at me and I nod before she rips a cord.
-Just sing! She joins in as her own color spreads and her Mohawk become taller and rainbow colored.
-Sing it together, louder than ever! She looks happily over the crowd as she stand back up.
-Ever, forget everything, just sing! She looks back at me. I smile before I lift off of the ground again and I'm magically dressed in a long cape and an extremely fancy crown.
-like it's what we've been missing, and they're gonna listen, listen, everyone sings.
-Yeah, rock! Barb adds as she plays her guitar.
-Forget everything, I hold out my hand for her and she takes it.
-Just sing! I intertwine our fingers and hold our hands up to the sky.

-Sing it together, the lava becomes sparkly and not very hot anymore.
-Louder than ever, ever, a rainbow shoots up to the sky.
-Forget everything just sing, like it's what we've been missing, Poppy and Branch joins me and Barb upstage.
-And they're gonna listen, listen, forget everything, everyone else stops.
-Just sing! I finish it all.
Barb smiles genuinely at me. I blush and smile back, nudging her shoulder as we get cheers and applause from the full crowd in the arena.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.2K 1.4K 36
Many years before Queen Barb set out to destroy all music, Princess Roxanne of the Hard Rock trolls didn't know where she fit in. She loved Rock n' R...
7.1K 214 36
Trolls, except if Branch had a sister. This is both an Oc insert and a 'What if Branch had a sister'. And I decided on naming her Zara, though you ca...
3K 78 6
Branch X Reader. Y/N, Branch, and Poppy go on a musical adventure to save Branch's brother, but end up finding out that Y/N, and Poppy have a long lo...
38.1K 470 15
Life is all glitter and happiness in Troll Village. Poppy is queen now, and Branch finds himself having feelings towards her he's never felt before...