The Hockey Players Sister

By flyergirl0519

"So why did you quit gymnastics?" "None of your business." Leah said, her voice dark. "If you won't tell me... More

Welcome all! A/N
Prologe
New Home, New School, New Team
New Kid on the Block
Hell of a Defensive Player
Red Flags
Can We Be Friends Pretty Girl?
Why So Defensive?
How You Doing Bud?
Can I Get Away From You!?
Even the Memories Still Hurt
Past Comes To Haunt Us All
Don't Mess With My Sister
Welcome to my Humble Abode
The Sweet Sound of Skates
Don't Stand Outside in the Cold
What is he Going Through?
Someone Have a Crush?
I Will Lose This
Oh It's Game Day Baby pt. 1
Oh Its Game Day Baby pt. 2
I Know What He's Thinking
Enough
Apologize and Act Like Nothing Happened
More Than Just Friends
McDonald's
What I'm Not Judging, I Approve
Now I'm Pushing!
It's the Return of the State Champ
Its The Goodbye Of The State Champ
How Would You Know!?
I'll Be there Bud, don't you worry
No Stress
After a Year
A is for Asshole
24 Hours and all Hell Breaks Loose
Finals, Period 1
Finals, Period 2
Finals, Time Out
Finals, Period 3
O.T.

Grab Your Skates

14.5K 224 56
By flyergirl0519

*Leah's P.O.V*

Sleep. I valued sleep more than anything now that I was out of gymnastics. No more morning practice before school, meaning that I didn't have to wake up at 4:00 just to get to the gym on time.

But today was Saturday, and again... I still valued my sleep because in my normal schedule a year ago I would be up early for a 5 hour practice.

No more of that. Instead my body was comfortable in my bed, under my blankets, as the snow fell outside. I smiled to myself, God I love Saturdays now.

I heard my door creak open but I ignored it. It was probably just my mom grabbing my laundry.

I didn't have time to comprehend that it was Saturday and my mom had work before something landed on my head.

"What the fuck!" I shouted, shooting up in my bed realizing that a coat was just thrown on my head.

I looked over at Leo who was standing in my doorway with a smirk on his face.

"Goodmorning." He said with a sarcastically, happy tone.

I flipped him off before rolling over in my bed, intending to go back to sleep.

"Goodmorningggg" he said in a sing-song voice as he turned on my light.

"Fuck off Leo. Don't you have a hockey clinic?" I asked trying to get him to leave.

"Yeah in 4 hours," I heard a loud thud infront of my bed where he had dropped something. "So get your ass out of bed and grab your skates"

I raised an eye brow and sat up in bed again, looking at the object he had dropped on the floor. My skates.

"The ice rink down the street finally froze over. I figured you would want to go." He said with a shrug before leaving my room.

God damn it that kid was right, I did want to go. I was itching to get on the ice.

I slowly got out of my bed and looked at my phone. My notifications light was blinking like it was going to have a stroke.

I gronned, not prepared to deal with all the messages my coach had sent me this early in the morning.

Turning my phone on my eyebrows lifted in surprise. None of the messages were from Brad, Instead they all cam from my mom or,

Wes.

We had exchanged numbers for the school project, but I didn't expect him to actually text me.

I sat on my bed and read all of the messages, now curious.

Mom: remember I have work and Leo has a hockey clinic. I know you have your school project, so Jack said he would take Leo to the rink.

I smiled, great full for Jack, before reading the rest of my messages... all from Wes.

Wes: morning, what time should I come over today?        6:45

Wes: I'm assuming you're asleep still, but could I come over at 11 ish?   7:05

Wes: Also, I talked to Leo. Sorry for the comment I made at the weight room and sorry for scaring you. 7:06

I sat there in shock, Leo told him!? I talked to Leo about my problems in full confidence.

Wes: by the way, I'll drop the whole gymnastics thing today if you stop asking me why I moved here. 7:10

I let out a small sigh and replied,

Leah: Morning, 11 works fine for me. You didn't scare me so don't worry about it, and fine I'll try too. 7:12

I kept the message short and sweet, hoping not to carry the conversation on for too long.

Wes: Ah the mystery girl is finally awake. 7:14

I smirked slightly at Wes's text. I didn't mind the nickname.

Leah: Its only 7:15? Why were you up at 6:45?         7:15

Wes: I like to be up early, plus the ice rink down the street finally froze over.       7:16

Leah: so I've been told...     7:16

Was all I replied before letting out a small sigh. I got off of my bed and quickly put on some clothes suitable for skating outdoors. Picking up my coat and skates I rushed out to my car to find Leo was already sitting in the passenger seat with the engine started.

*******

My blades smoothly cut across the ice as a skated in circles on the outdoor rink. Face lifted up to the sky I let the snow flakes fall,causing my skin to turn red.

I looked down from the sky towards Leo who was currently skating the opposite direction than me. Leo's eyes met mine and we stared at each other for a minute, sharing comfortable silence with my brother.

"You know this is the first Saturday in years that we've skated on this rink together." Leo stated

Shoving his hands in his sweatshirt pocket he looked at me with a small smile.

"Well I was always at practice on Saturdays," I exclaimed, "but we still skated at your rink on Sundays."

I recalled memories deep down in my brain. Good ones.

I always had practice on Saturdays when I was in gymnastics, so mom would drive me to practice then take Leo to skate on this rink. On Sundays,  the one day I didn't have practice, me and Leo would skate at the indoor rink he practiced at.

"Yeah, I always liked Sunday." Leo said tilting his head as if he could see the memories.

"What is it?" I finally asked Leo after he had been staring at me for too long.

"Why didn't you tell me you were crying at the weight room, when you were explaining your encounter with Wes?" He finally asked catching me slightly off gaurd.

I didn't tell him because I didn't need him to worry. The kid had his own life and didn't need to be constantly looking out for mine.

"I didnt think it was that important," I said with a shrug before asking, "how'd you find out anyways... Wes tell you?"

Now Leo shrugged his shoulders and looked down at his skates like a small child.

"He is my D partner Leah, we do talk. Plus he was worried about you." Leo defended quietly.

I crossed my hands over my chest and raised my eyebrows abused. Wes was worried about me?

"I'm not his to worry about." I said defensively.

"Leah, he was just worried. He scared you by getting connecting too many dots but Leah you scared him by looking like that. He was concerned." Leo skated closer to me ask he spoke.

"Very sweet, but I don't need his sympathy." I stated looking Leo on the eyes.

They weren't hurt, just disappointed. You could tell in the way they sunk as if the energy of trying had been drained from them.

"Someday Leah you got to open up and tell someone what happened. Its not only unfair to you, but its unfair to other people." Leo said shooting a bullet through my heart.

If I told anyone what happened, they would think less of me. They would pity me. I didn't want that and I sure as hell didn't need it.

"Well Wes isn't that somebody." I stated coldly.

I watched as Leo's mouth turn up in a corner and a devilish smirk planted on his face.

"You sure? Because you and him have a lot in common (cough, cough) secret keeping (cough, cough)," I smacked Leo lightly in his shoulder to make him stop, but he kept speaking, "Plus out of all the guys on the team, I think Wes is the only one I would be ok with you dating. Other than Jack, but we both know he has a thing for that girl in his English class."

I looked at Leo in shock.

"I don't like Wes." I stated jabbing my figure in his chest.

"Enemies to lovers, I can see it happening now." Leo said spreading his arms out wide while skating backwards away from me.

I watched Leo skate away in shock.

He.
Did.
Not.

"You coming out not? Because I have a clinic to got to and you have to do that project with your boyfriend." Leo shouted making his way to my car.

I scoffed at him and began heading his direction.

"He's not my boyfriend you jack ass, and he never will be!" I shouted only to be met with 'the finger' from Leo.

Words: 1424

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

699K 16.1K 41
Kiya's life lacks excitement. However, one day, while she is singing in her dorm bathroom, someone joins in on the other side of the wall. Initially...
59.9K 4.4K 38
❝ if it makes you feel any better, i've rejected many girls. you're not the first, and you definitely won't be the last. ❞ ❝ that note wasn't meant f...
3.4K 58 11
𝐍𝐎𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐒 a girl who was forced to move out of her college and transfer to the same one as her brother 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐌 𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 the popu...
181K 3.9K 23
COMPLETED A new boy joins the class and is anything but ordinary. Rafe is frantic, reckless, and unpredictable. He takes a seat next to the orphaned...