Postgrad Partners

By ThirteenthLight

As Tori is about to leave LA for a record deal in Miami, she and Jade hastily decide to move in together and... More

Meeting the Parents
Roommates First
Domestic First Day
Neutronium's Newcomer
Why is she here?!
Heart to Heart
Tori and Jade's First Date (Sorta)
Overwhelmed
Out and Proud
Intimate Interlude
The New Talent
Covers and Contemplation
Mysterious New Girl
Jade and the Short Stack
Interlude in Dreams
Aftermath of the Not-Date
Mother and Daughter
The Night to Remember
The Morning After
Questionable Questions
West's Side Story
Glad to Have You
Emotional Support
The First Date (For Real This Time)
Summer Day's Contemplation
Summer Day's End
A New Year's Jori
#MakeupDate #CaTara
4 Years to the Day
The West-Vega Wedding...or is it Vega-West?
Our Future Together

Tori and Tara

109 2 29
By ThirteenthLight

The Neutronium Records conservatory was practically Tori's second-or rather, third-home for the next few days as she continued working on her cover album. Her song list was approved, to the delight of both her and Jade, but then came the tough part of arranging some of the songs to her key and making them sound unique from the originals. She sat in front of a piano for almost the whole morning, her eyes constantly shifting between the keys and her laptop perched on top of the deck where her friend Andre was in video chat with her.

"Okay, tell me how this sounds..." Tori directed to Andre as she started to play the chorus of her song on the piano. After having played it all morning, it was almost muscle memory for her.

Andre lightly bopped his head to the beat of the song, then pressed a key on his side to play other instrument sounds to accompany her piano. "Alright, alright! I think it's comin' together! We should be able to get this arrangement down on sheet music for the in-house band you got there!"

"Oh, thank god!" Tori would have laid all the way back if there was a back to her seat, but settled for a long stretch of her arms above her head, "At least we're using the same key as the original, but seriously, thank you Andre! I really appreciate this!"

"No problem, Tori!" Andre chuckled, closing the music on his laptop, "It's just like old times, you know? Tell me you don't miss jamming like this back in school."

"Well, I certainly don't miss jamming together, only to be rejected by a 'baby test'." Tori rolled her eyes at the memory and the idea of it. "You know you made an amazing song, Andre, and you deserved a lot better for it!"

"I know, I know," Andre laughed again, "And I will, in due time. Honestly, I thought it'd be tough finding someone else to sing the vocals with you all the way there, but Cat surprisingly stepped up and is blowin' it away!"

"Really? Cat?" Tori smiled at the image of her singing Andre's music, "Actually, that's not too surprising after that song she sang at Karaoke Dokie! She's really embracing music over acting, huh?"

"Yeah, and she's great, like always—well, better than always!" Andre smiled, "Speaking of, what about you? You got the backing vocals covered for your...covers?" He laughed at his own pun for a good moment before he noticed Tori wasn't, but she was smiling nonetheless.

"Oh, I've got it covered~ Jade's mom is bringing her over after lunch to audition for Mason and the in-house band, and if what Jade says is true, she'll be a knockout!"

"Yeah, that was gonna be my next question," Andre sat back, resting his hands behind his head, "Jade's mom's really cool with the two of you together, huh?"

"Um, yeah! She totally is!" Tori crossed her arms at how relaxed Andre was looking, "I mean, she wasn't exactly one to judge when we found out she was seeing someone here, too."

"Really?" Andre leaned forward, rubbing his chin at the thought, "I never met her, but to think even Jade's mom has got it goin—"

"Andre!"

"What? I didn't see that in your songlist!" Andre laughed out loud as Tori's face flushed at the implication, "And hey! She's Jade's mom! You telling me you weren't feeling any..."

"Oh my god, Andre! She's Jade's mom!" Tori scoffed, looking aside to try hiding her blush.

"Come on, you said she even did the 'scary car ride' bit Jade did to you; with the pretend-friendly voice and everything! Did she have the seduction eyes, too?"

"Seduction eyes?!" Tori almost yelled, "Okay, that's enough of that! I'll see you later, Andre!" She almost angrily pressed her finger over the End Call button to the sound of Andre's laughter, leaving her alone to air out her feelings in the conservatory until lunch was over.

Almost as soon as Tori had calmed down, she heard a knock on the door, to which she quickly flushed again at the thought that someone heard her yelling. She called out, "I'm sorry for the noise!" as she answered the door; opening it to reveal Tara and Nora, staring at her with a spot of confusion.

"Noise?" Nora chuckled, "You're in a room full of musical instruments, Tori; a little noise is probably expected, don't you think?"

Tori sighed in relief, stepping back to let the two in, "Sorry about that. I was working on one of my covers with a friend. How are you doing?" She looked at Tara, whose eyes were taking in every instrument in the room before looking back at Tori.

"Oh, uh, hey!" Tara gave her usual half-wave greeting before looking down at her shoes nervously. It didn't take her long to notice that Tori was looking just as nervous.

"Okay!" Nora broke the tension with a clap, "Tara, why don't you get your audition song set up while I let Mason know you're here?" She promptly closed the door as she backed away, leaving Tori and Tara together in an awkward silence.

Tori cleared her throat, looking back in Tara's direction, "So...is this your first time in a room like this? I mean—I know you were in a theater, but..."

Tara shrugged as she casually walked around the room, "It's a little like the music room at my school, but with a lot more instruments not covered in dirt and dust. There used to be a performing arts program, but budget cuts killed it before I even got there." She plopped down on the piano bench and tapped a few random keys, surprised to hear them properly tuned. "Of course, that also meant no one stopped me from using it as my own little lunch room/singing space."

Tori grabbed a stool and sat down next to her, trying not to wear a pitiful face, "Jade told me that's how you got your performing chops, right? I feel a little bad, considering I went to a school where the arts were almost literally the entire curriculum. Maybe if you had the chance to audition for Hollywood Arts..."

"...I would probably get in? Yeah, Jade said the same," Tara flashed a grin before looking at the closed laptop on top of the piano, "Speaking of, maybe we should set up my audition for this thing?" She took the laptop in her hands, lifted the cover, and visibly froze upon seeing Tori's desktop background; a photo of Tori and Jade smiling side-by-side in their apartment.

Tori bit her lip, recognizing the freeze as she scooted next to Tara on the bench. She reached over and scrolled to a browser program that covered over the background, "You sure you're okay doing this? I mean, if you're not, I won't be offended; promise!"

Tara shook her head, pulling up an online drive Jade had shown her before, "I'm fine. I had a crush on Jade—I admit that. Then I found out she's with you, and you're both very happy together, so I'm okay with that. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't." She clicked on an audio file with the simple title, "Tara's Audition Song", and paused it before it could play.

"Now, I need to focus for a bit. I just want this to go well so I can actually have some enjoyable work for once...and to help my friend's girlfriend." With that, she stood up from the bench and walked a few feet away to go over the lyrics quietly to herself. Behind her, Tori was looking back pensively before plugging in her laptop to charge.

A few minutes later, Nora came back into the music room accompanied by Mason Thornesmith and a few members of the company's in-house band, young men and women a good few years older than Tori and Tara. Tara stood alone next to the piano and the laptop with her song pulled up while Tori moved to join Nora at the corner of the room.

"Alright, then," Mason sat down on the nearest stool, taking out a clipboard with some papers not visible to Tara from where she stood. "Nora tells me you'd like to audition to be part of our in-house band as...a vocalist?"

Tara replied with a prompt nod, standing up straight and proper, unlike her usual manner, "My name is Tara Mendoza, and while I don't have any formal training or experience, I did receive some help from a Hollywood Arts graduate, Jade West. You may remember her, Mr. Thornesmith. You almost—and I quote her on this—made her 'dress up like a pink, alien bride of Frankenstein for the Platinum Music Awards.'"

Mason cleared his throat, clearly taken by surprise with that straight-faced delivery, while Nora groaned and covered her face. "Very well, and what will you be singing for your audition, Ms. Mendoza?"

"My audition song is called..." Tara snuck a quick glance back at the laptop to confirm the name before standing back at attention, "'Everyone Dies.'"

It was Tori's turn to cover her face, deducing just who helped Tara find this song to audition with. She then heard a click from her laptop and a somewhat pleasant-sounding intro to the song before Tara began singing to the tune of a jazzy swing song.

I guess...everyone dies, that's fine
Looks like now is my time but it's alright
I'm ready, feet walkin' steady
Though a little sooner than I'd like

Tori briefly lifted her face to see Tara's manner shifted into the "performance mode" Jade mentioned to her. Looking over to the side, she saw Mason still straight-faced, but nodded to the beat of the music along with the rest of the audience.

Everyone dies, even so
This isn't how I would choose to go
There was so much more in store
But now no one will ever know, oh~

Everyone dies, it's okay
Who needs a happy ending anyway?
You show 'em the performance of your life and still
They turn around and twist the knife but you'll...
Be expected to sit by and smile, wondering why...

Nora took a peek at the audience, who was still nodding and even tapping their pens to the rhythm while Tara continued to sing in a nonchalant, swing-like tone despite the otherwise pessimistic lyrics. She was about to whisper something to Tori when the booming back chorus caught her and everyone by surprise.

(Everyone dies) No stress, stop getting all existential
(Everyone dies) I guess my best was inconsequential
(Everyone dies) Alert the press of this wasted potential
(Everyone dies)

Tara's eyes opened as the song wound down for a spell, her gaze shifting subtly toward Tori with an almost somber look in her eyes as her next lines came quickly.

Everyone dies, it's a fact
Though, I wish my heart was still intact
I'll leave with my dignity
It's not like I've given this role every piece of me...

Tara didn't stop to see if Tori was looking back at her as she closed her eyes again and breathed in deep for the song's climax.

(Everyone dies) I can't be bothered to cry
(Everyone dies) We'll all be dust down the line
(Everyone dies) So pour a tall glass of wine
'Cause everyone...dies.

With the last word sung, Tara's stance returned to normal and she looked up toward her audience. Like with the Bird Scene, she stayed quiet and stoic, not appearing desperate for feedback or approval.

Nora held her breath, crossing her fingers in her closed hands, while Tori tried to pass a smile of approval that Tara did not catch.

"Well, sweet Nanny from Flushing! That was a certainly...unexpected!" Mason got up from his seat, writing down a few last remarks on his clipboard. "I just have one question for you, Ms. Mendoza."

"Yes, sir?" Tara replied, holding in her breath for the question.

"When would you like to start?" Mason held out a hand for her as the in-house band applauded her; Nora and Tori joining in enthusiastically.

Tara's composure almost broke as she stared at him wide-eyed for several seconds then finally took his hand, shaking it a little more than necessary.

Nora cut in as Tara remained in stunned silence, "Uhh, Mason, why don't we give Tara a few moments to catch her breath while we take care of her paperwork in the office?" Mason fished his hand back quickly enough to nod in agreement and exit with the rest of the in-house band, who all give their own regards to Tara on the way out. Nora turned to her and silently cheered with a tight hug and whispering, "Congrats!"

"Thank you, Nora," Tara whispered back, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" They broke away as Nora gave a thumbs up before joining Mason out of the room.

Tori approached Tara from the corner, applauding again for her, "Congrats, Tara! Wow, I...I had no idea you could sing like that; not to mention that stage presence!"

"Oh, it's nothing, honestly," Tara scratched her neck as she sat down on the piano bench, exhausted, "Jade just showed me the show that song came from, and I was just imitating what I saw! It's really nothing too special..."

"Well, it was special enough to land you a spot here!" Tori joined her on the bench, "I'll be looking forward to working with you!" She spread her arms for a hug, then quickly retracted one arm to simply offer a handshake instead.

Tara chuckled, sensing the same hesitation, and shook Tori's hand calmly. "Look, I can tell things are weird right now, and they're probably only gonna get weirder once we start working together like this."

"I...I know," Tori groaned, covering the piano keys with the sliding cover before leaning her back over them, "I know you mean well, and I really appreciate your help! It's just...the elephant in the room, you know? I guess we'll just have to get it out of the way as soon as possible, huh?"

"You...actually read my mind!" Tara smiled. "I was just about to suggest something that'll probably help deal with...this."

"Like what?" Tori raised an eyebrow to her, curiously.

Tara sat up straight, turning herself to face Tori properly, "I'd like...to go out with you!"

Tori remained still, her face unchanged from the raised, curious eyebrow, and still leaning back over the piano.

"Tori?" Tara's face dropped a bit in worry, "D-Did you hear what I said? I'm...asking you out."

With the room so quiet between the two of them, if Tara listened carefully, she would have heard Tori screaming internally.

***

"Tori? Tori!" Tara gently shook her by her shoulders, almost making Tori fall between the piano and the bench as she caught herself and sat back up.

"I-I'm fine!" Tori held an arm up between her and Tara, "But...you really did say...you want to go out with me?"

"I did," Tara nodded, "But only because Jade said to phrase it exactly like that!"

Tori stared at her, wide-eyed in surprise, "Why would she tell you to do that?!"

"Because she knew you'd probably flip...and—to her credit—you almost did," Tara chuckled a bit, which faded as she saw the irritated face Tori made. "I'm sorry, but I really do want to...spend time with you—not romantically; but like a 'girls night out' kind of thing! We never really got to know each other like me and Jade did, and since we're gonna be working together now...kinda..."

Tori took a deep breath, absorbing everything Tara said before replying, "I guess that makes sense, and honestly, it's not unlike another kind of non-date...'date' I've gone on before...or I guess two non-date dates. I'll tell you some other time."

"So we're on for tonight, then?" Tara's face lit up with a spot of excitement in her voice that Tori couldn't help but smile to.

"Yeah! Sure! It's a...girls' night out!" Tori grinned as Tara made an affirmative pose to herself. "I guess I'll pick you up at...7 okay?"

"Sure, of course! I just have to tell Nora—uh, Jade's mom!" Tara grinned back as she made for the door, trying not to look too excited and noisy. Tori looked at her as she left, sighing as she wondered how she'd tell Jade about this.

Tori couldn't remember a time she watched Jade laughing as hard as she was in their living room upon hearing about her "date" with Tara. She almost got up to fetch some water with how long Jade was laughing until she eventually settled down and wiped tears from her eyes.

"Okay, are you done?" Tori scowled, "I wasn't joking, by the way. Tara actually asked me out after her audition."

Jade took a long sip of water before she answered, "Oh...yeah, I know. I suggested it to her."

"You...you what?!" Tori was close to swatting the glass out of Jade's hand with how upset she was, "I was so worried you'd be wazzed off by this during the whole drive home, and now you're telling me you suggested your friend to ask your girlfriend on a date?!"

"Yeah," Jade shrugged as she leaned her side against the couch, "I know what you're thinking, Tori. You're thinking back to that 'not-date' you and Beck had back then, and I stalked you two until I realized you weren't up to anything 'hinky'. Well, Tara's not Beck, and I'm not even the same girl I was back then. I trust the two of you enough to have a good time on your own. Besides, Tara needs more friends than just me, and you could use some, too. I know I'm awesome to be around, but even I need my 'me-time'~"

Tori sighed, resigning to Jade's sound explanation, and gave her a quick peck on the cheek, "Alright, I yield. You've clearly thought this through, and...I appreciate you for thinking of us; and don't worry! Tara and I are just gonna have a good, old-fashioned, platonic night out as gal pals, so you can rest easy at home with your zombies and first-person-shooters!"

"Oh, yeah. That reminds me," Jade suddenly picked up her controller and opened the main menu of her PlayStation. "This says I unlocked a bunch of trophies for the Uncharted collection, but I don't remember even starting those games. Have you been hiding something from me, babe?" She leaned toward Tori with a surprised grin.

"I...okay, yes! I played the first two games over the last week!" Tori relented with a pout, "I just wanted to remember that one song's name, but then I got pulled in by the music, the visuals, and holy cow! It literally looks like a movie!"

Jade laughed out loud again, pulling Tori in for a sweet kiss on the cheek, "I am so proud of you, you dork. Now go! Have fun with Tara, already!" Tori got up to grab her keys and made it to the door before Jade added with that ridiculous accent, "But not too much fun, sugar, or else my mama and your mama are gonna flip~"

The front door closed before Jade could notice the face Tori made at that remark.

Tara found herself wishing she hadn't only bought plain street clothes at the store with Jade as her hotel room bed was littered with various graphic tees with funny puns. Nora eyed Tara's frustration and closed her tablet case to join her by the foot of her bed.

"Okay, Tara, you've been staring at your wardrobe for the last ten minutes," Nora rested her hands on the shorter girl's shoulders, "I really don't think Tori will be that particular on what you wear on your...'not-date'...wow, it's really weird when I actually say it."

With a huff, Tara grabbed the hanger with a navy blue tank top and matching open cardigan and scurried into the bathroom to change.

As the door closed behind her, Nora stood in front, chuckling to herself, "My goodness, Tara, have you never had a night out with friends before?"

"Stop teasing me!" Tara shouted from inside the bathroom, "How do you not feel weird about me and your daughter's girlfriend on a...not-date...together?!"

"Look, I crossed that bridge when I learned Tori and Jade had gotten together. You are all old enough to make sound decisions, and honestly, I admire that you took the first step to clear the air between you two, since now you're technically co-workers!"

Tara made a mix of a sigh and a groan as she unlocked the door and stepped out wearing the cardigan over her tank top and a pair of dark jeans. Nora ran her hands through Tara's curly hair to look more presentable before patting down her shoulders, "You look great. Just focus on having fun and staying safe, okay?"

A knock on the door interrupted Tara before she could answer. Nora opened it immediately with Tori on the other side, giving a nervous half-wave in greeting. Tara stood still at the door, showing not-so-subtle appreciation at the sight of Tori in a dark red blazer, white tank top, and blue jeans before waving back.

"Hey, so..." Tori made her own nerves no secret to Tara and Nora, "Shall we get going?"

"Y-Yeah! I'm ready to go getting! Let's get—I mean let's go!" Tara stammered as she almost dashed out the door to the hallway. She heard Nora clearing her throat behind her and turned around just in time to catch the small flip phone tossed in her direction. Stowing the phone in her pocket, Tara flashed a smile to Tori as they began walking down the hall to the elevator.

"So...that's your phone?" Tori pointed down to Tara's pocket, "I didn't think people still used those."

"I don't think they do," Tara chuckled, nervously tucking her hair behind her ear, "It's actually one of Nora's old phones. She gave it to me since I don't have one. I mean...are you really that surprised, after seeing my music player?"

"Well, I guess not," Tori smiled, "At least you can't get bugged with constant tags in social apps with that old thing. Trust me, that kind of popularity stops being fun when it nearly crashes your phone."

"Yeah," Tara laughed again, "I don't think I'll ever get into social media. I mean, it doesn't seem worth the hype. Who would honestly care how many random strangers 'follow' you every second of every day?"

It was Tori's turn to laugh nervously and tuck her hair back, "Oh, yeah...totally dumb when you say it like that..."

"So, where are we going tonight?" Tara stopped with Tori in front of the elevator lobby and pressed the call button. "Video arcade? Walk in the park? Questionable food truck?"

"Mm...none of the above!" Tori shook her head, "I know we're both bound to be singing a lot in the next few days, but I wanted to go somewhere I think you'll be comfortable! That was when I learned Nichijou has private karaoke rooms that'll be perfect; and you can order as much as you want! I remember Jade said you have quite the appetite~"

Tara blushed a bit at that remark, but smiled at the idea, "Sounds fun! I just hope we don't blow our vocal cords tonight when we've still got work tomorrow..."

"Oh, don't worry!" Tori shrugged as the elevator arrived for them, "We'll just pick from a...modest selection of songs that I was considering for the cover album~"

"What do you consider 'a modest selection'?" Tara looked at her with a mix of curiosity and nervousness.

Wash away my troubles
Wash away my pain
With the rain in Shamballa

Wash away my sorrow
Was away my shame
With the rain in Shamballa

Tori rocked to the beat of the classic rock song filling their small, private room as Tara sat in the long, leather seats against the wall, unusually quiet as she watched the scrolling lyrics on the TV in front of them.

"Tara, come on!" Tori called her over from the center, "Everyone knows this one!"

"Uhh, not me!" Tara vigorously shook her head, "This wasn't one of the songs on my music player! I've never heard this before!"

"Are you serious?" Tori almost laughed over the accompaniment and went over to grab Tara by her hands, "Then consider this sight-reading; you know, reading a song for the first time? Besides, it's just us two; no worries if you don't get it perfectly!"

Tara reluctantly joined her with the other microphone in her hand, watching the screen as the main chorus was preceded by drumroll and Tori belted the vocals out next to her.

How does your light shine
In the halls of Shamballa

Tori motioned for Tara to join in repeating the chorus in rounds, which she did, but almost off-key and missing the timing out of sheer nerves. Tori almost doubled back in laughter as the song winded down and they each took a long drink of water upon sitting back down.

"Wow, maybe it's better I didn't choose that for the album," Tori took a deep breath and reclined against the soft back of the couch. "It's definitely a classic, but it can take a lot out of you if you're not prepared."

"You're telling me," Tara laughed nervously, "And now you know the weakness in my 'musical chops'..."

"I wouldn't call that a weakness," Tori rebutted, shaking her head, "Everyone gets caught by surprise with unfamiliar songs or arrangements. It's part of the challenge, I'd say. Besides, this is why we got a private booth; no one but us here, so no need to worry about a crowd over-hyping us or...recording us."

"Oh yeah," Tara nodded, "Nora showed me that video the other day from the article. You two sounded really good, though, and you looked like you were having fun! You oughta be proud of that!"

Tori smiled in appreciation to her as she took another drink.

"Actually...that reminds me of something I was meaning to ask you—that, meaning the article," Tara's fingers wove together in a fit of nerves as she brought it up.

"Oh? What is it?" Tori set down her glass, lowering the music from the TV.

"In that article...you said that you're a lesbian, right?" Tara sat up straight, showing Tori that the conversation wasn't going to be light and casual.

"Um...yeah. I did," Tori nodded, sitting up along with her, "Why do you ask?"

"Well, my question about that is...how did you find out? Were you always into just girls, or only since Jade?"

Tori gulped in response, trying to figure the answer out herself, since no one had really asked her directly about it since the article came out. "Well, I dated guys back in high school, but none of them really went well. It almost feels like a TV sitcom, how badly each of those relationships went. After those trainwrecks, I only kind of liked other guys like my friends, but, for one reason or another, I never went as far as 'dating' any. Then when Jade told me how she felt...I don't know; it felt different. She and I have known each other for a long time now, and I just felt more comfortable and familiar around her—in a way that I wasn't with many other people before."

Tara nodded as Tori explained her side, then shifted her gaze downward, "So, wouldn't that make you bisexual, not lesbian? Even if you didn't like the guys you dated before, do you still find some guys attractive? And what about girls? Is Jade the only one you've been attracted to?"

Tori didn't know which question to answer first, as each of them seemed to hit hard and unexpectedly. She found herself tongue-tied as she looked down as well, holding her head.

Tara clued in to the lack of answers and placed a hand on Tori's shoulder, "Hey, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to pile on like that. I'm sure you're still figuring it all out, yourself?"

"Yeah, something like that," Tori sighed, then smiled in appreciation for Tara's comforting hand, "I wish I knew how to describe this, but even the idea of labels like that feels frustrating and confusing. Now I'm almost wishing I hadn't come out like that in the article. What if I have to backtrack that now?"

"No! I mean..." Tara interjected, "I think it was brave of you to do that! Even if you don't know yourself now, maybe what you said is helping someone who read that interview and still figuring themselves out! Someone like...me." Taking a deep breath, Tara sat back and looked up at the dark, soundproofed ceiling.

"I never even really thought about dating or being attracted to anyone. Some people might call it being 'asexual' or just growing up not caring about attraction, I guess. But Jade was different. I could have fun with her when we sang or hung out, and a part of me might have actually made a move—y-you know, before I knew you two were together!"

Tori let out a laugh, patting Tara on the back, "It's okay! I get it! Jade's...got that kind of charm. But what about other girls? I mean...do you find me attractive?"

"What about you?" Tara asked back, "Do you find me attractive?"

The two shared curious, yet longing, gaze as they leaned a little closer to each other. They both closed their eyes, not knowing if the next words they heard were actually whispered or just thought in their heads.

"Do you want to find out?"

The next day...

"Okay, why don't we take it from the top of the first verse again?" Tori looked at the band's reflections through the music room's wall-length mirror, getting nods of agreement from everyone. The last to nod was Tara, clearing her throat in preparation for Tori's cue. "Alright! One...two...one, two, three, four!"

Hey baby, won't you look my way
I can be your new addiction
Hey baby, what you gotta say?
All you're giving me is fiction

I'm a sorry sucker and this happens all the time
I found out that everybody talks
Everybody talks, everybody talks

Tori glanced up from her sheet music, smiling at everyone nodding to the percussion's rhythm as the chorus rolled in. She closed her eyes as she sang, the part fully memorized to her, and Tara's voice harmonized with each line.

It started with a whisper
And that was when I kissed her
And then she made my lips hurt
I could hear the chitchat
Take me to your love shack
Mama's always gotta backtrack
When everybody talks back~

With a swift motion to cut, Tori turned to the band, who all gave their own nods and thumbs-ups of approval at how they sounded. She looked to Tara and flashed a bright smile at her. Tara returned the smile before looking down at her music stand to hide her blushing from everyone else.

"Alright, then..." Tori turned back around to face the mirror, raising her hand to give the cue, "On to the next one!"

Songs featured:

"Everyone Dies" from the series I Ship It, performed by Yasmine Al-Bustami (Tara's face-claim)

"Shambala" by Three Dog Night

"Everybody Talks" by Neon Trees (covered by Victoria Justice)

Until next chapter~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 629 26
What happens when your best frenemy shows up on your doorstep uninvited and announces they are sleeping over. In this case it's Tori who's shown up...
29.5K 757 8
Tori x Jade / Victorious Tori is finally living her fantasy- being married and having a family. Except, its not a handsome man that she's married to...
90.8K 3K 20
When the Hollywood Arts gang graduate from Hollywood Arts they all find them selves all going to the College Of Performing Arts. When checking into t...
26.3K 475 15
Sikowitz plans a camping trip for the students of his class at Hollywood Arts. Jade and Tori's friends both notice the increasingly obvious tension b...